Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: GAME IS FREE TO PLAY STARTING THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY! LOG IN AND PLAY!!! :ducksiren:

Grouping and Community
we are all playing together. You can find us here:
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/gsHgYDy

Clan invites are done in the clan invite channel, general in general, builds and strats, you'll see it all. Enjoy! Be cool, be chill please. You should join it, it's fun. Everybody is really nice.
*NOTE: PC clans are AHO (full), Pi Hard (full), Extra Judicial (full), Hot Dogs (OPEN and being approved by trem and 80). That'll do for now.
*NOTE: PS4 clan is COINCELPRO. I realize many console goons won't discord (and that's OK!). So apply there. Jose is very active in thread and discord.
*NOTE: Xbox clan, there was one, I don't think there is one now. Hail Santa.

Other note: Giving away some copies of this game as it's only $3. So, pay attention to that there in announcements.

If you're returning and want to know what to do to prep for expansion, here's a good infographic

*Note: We have some awesome goons who say you don't want to delete level 500 gear. So, you may not want to do that. Just know everything at 515 is the new GS for new expansion.

Now, let's get down to business!!!!!!!

Warlords of New York Expansion Drops 3/3!

If you're like many here, you've left the game and well, you're considering returning or ready to make a return for a bit. Maybe you haven't played at all. Now is a good time for that.

The Division 2 is heading back to where it all began. Warlords of New York is a narrative-driven expansion that brings the action from Washington, DC to the summery streets of Lower Manhattan.
Coming March 3, Warlords of New York features a new open-world map for Agents to explore, along with a new story that puts them back on the trail of rogue Division Agent Aaron Keener.

These State of the Game recaps that happen every Wednesday do a great job of what's to come as well and shows some of the very latest changes in the game. I'll also do a brief recap below!

Article that shows everything that's coming: https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-release-date-and-details/
Seasons are coming:
First season pass comes WITH WoNY expansion.
Striker is back for all your Div1 lovers:
GLOBAL EVENTS YAY!!!:

WoNY brings with it:

- New gear, new skills (welcome back Sticky Bomb), new campaign, new level cap (30 has been raised to 40), a totally revamped gear experience (the last one was confusing to many players so this is called Gear 2.0), and let's call it a minor overhaul of what the game was like at Launch. No more collecting intel for bounties for instance. Expect most things to be similar in the loop, but know that skills and gear are getting major rework with this expansion and we'll see it in all its glory on 3/3.
- Cleaners are back.
- There's a new paragon system coming a la Satan 3 by Blizzard Activision Entertainment Group.
- Seasons. Seasons. SEASONS. You have like, a reason to log in now, man.

Endgame Stuff

I thought this deserved its own section as many of us stick around for the long haul if the endgame is tight like a tigress. So, here's what we got and I'm uplifting this recap straight up as it's pretty informative.

A New Cohesive End-game Experience

A major focus during the development of Warlords of New York was to create a cohesive end-game experience with clear goals after having reached Level 40. A number of features will come together to shape this new end-game experience, including SHD Levels, Legendary difficulty, Seasons and more.

Level 40

With Warlords of New York, we get a new level cap – Level 40.

Your adventures in New York require an upgrade to your firepower, which is why in Warlords of New York, players will be able to increase their level from 30 to 40 and are presented with our new end-game. Gear Score, a term our veteran players know, will no longer be the way to measure how powerful your agent will be once you venture into Lower Manhattan.

Players who don’t own the expansion will continue to protect Washington D.C. in World Tier 5, at Level 30 and an increased 515 Gear Score. So there is also new power to gain. They won’t be able to join New York players or Level 40 agents in the Level 40 Washington D.C or New York activities, but will still share public spaces such as Settlements or the Base of Operation.

Warlords of New York owners who didn’t complete the main Washington D.C. campaign and World Tiers can, if they wish to do so, start from Level 30, World Tier 5 and transfer to New York, using the Level 30 Boost that comes with the purchase of the expansion.

Level 30 Boost Clarification

An unlimited-use level-30 boost is included in the Warlords of New York expansion.
A single-use level-30 boost is available in the in-game store now.

Coop level 30 and level 40

If you are playing content in Washington D.C., level 30 and level 40 players can play together, without restrictions. If level 30 and level 40 agents play together, the lower player gets a base armor, health and weapon damage buff to be able to participate in level 40 activities. As a Warlords of New York Level-40 player, you can join Level-30 activities and play with Level-30 players.

Rewards

Level-30 players receive World Tier 5 and items close to their Gear Score; Level-40 players will receive level 40 loot.

The Raids

The Raid will have a level 30 and a level 40 version and Level-40 players can play with Level-30 friends.

SHD Levels

A new infinite progression system unlocks points to improve your agent on a regular basis. Once you hit level 40 – the new level cap – the SHD Levels replace the old Field Proficiency system. Instead of earning a cache with loot, you now have the opportunity to invest points into one of four distinct Core Attribute categories that give your agent a permanent upgrade.

=> Overview
=> Point Increase

There are a total of four Core Attribute categories (Offense, Defense, Utility, Handling) and one Scavenging category. Defense, for example, also has subcategories and in each sub-category, you can invest a total of 50 points. For example, you can increase your Total Health through these SHD Level Points and each point gives you 0.2% more health as a permanent upgrade. That means when you max out that category, you have 10% more health.

Scavenging has, in contrast to the other categories, no cap and can be invested in as much as you want. Through this category, you get access to resources.

As you level up the SHD Level, your watch will also get visual improvements and will look more impressive.

Not Mandatory

As mentioned, the SHD Level System has clear defined caps and when you max out a category, you don’t get 400% more damage. It gives you an increase that you will notice, but it is not mandatory to max out all categories to be able to play the Raid for example.

SHD Levels are account-wide

The SHD Levels are account-wide, but the character needs to be Level 40 before it can contribute and profit from it.

The SHD Level Categories

The categories of upgrades are finite. Once maxed out, the SHD level points can be spent into the fifth, scavenging category – yielding credits and crafting materials.

Offense:

Weapon Damage
Headshot Damage
Critical Hit Chance
Critical Hit Damage

Defense:

Armor
Health
Explosive Resistance
Hazard Protection

Utility:

Skill Damage
Skill Haste
Skill Duration
Skill Repair

Miscellaneous:

Accuracy
Stability
Reload Speed
Ammo Capacity

The Scavenging category gives players resources, including:

Credits
Steel
Ceramics
Polycarbonate
Carbon Fiber
Electronics
Titanium
Printer Filament

The look of your Agent’s wristwatch, representing SHD Level, will become increasingly impressive over time, signifying players’ reached milestones to other Agents. You also get Apparel Items as you level up.

Heroic Difficulty for the other Factions

Heroic difficulty missions will no longer be exclusive to Black Tusk. Once Warlords of New York drops all factions will be available in Heroic difficulty – that means you can play Roosevelt Island against the Outcasts on Heroic.

This also works great with the Global Difficulty – you can set the Global Difficulty to Heroic and play every Main Mission on that difficulty.

It Scales

Heroic also scales to the number of players now (before heroic was scaled to 4 players per default) so you can attempt it solo and have a fair chance.

Available for Everybody

Heroic difficulties for all factions will also be available for players that don’t own Warlords of New York.

Legendary Difficulty

The new Legendary difficulty will become available to Level 40 agents and it is The Division 2’s pinnacle difficulty. While the raid was all about puzzles, coordination, and teamwork, Legendary Difficulty is designed to test how good players are at every aspect of combat. A new, elite sub-faction of the Black Tusk will be sure to keep you on your toes through a new legendary AI.

It Scales

Legendary difficulty scales depending on whether Agents play solo or with a team.

Active on three Strongholds

Players who feel Heroic difficulty isn’t challenging enough can try Legendary difficulty in the three original Strongholds, featuring the toughest AI yet.

District Union Arena
Roosevelt Island
Capitol Building

New Enemy

The Black Tusk got a visual makeover in Legendary missions, trading all-black outfits for all-white ones.
Enemy AI has been toughened, and cooldowns and wind-up times have been shortened to get a more pure and deadlier version of the original Black Tusk Archetype to provide a challenge for the top players.
The goal is, that the difficulty does not come from enemy health or damage, but from their AI and tactics.
You will need min-maxed gear that is optimized for that sort of content and does its job in terms of effectiveness or damage.
Some Archetypes also got new abilities to make them deadlier. For example, the legendary Black Tusk Tank now has a Stinger Hive equipped – so the closer he gets, the more dangerous he is.

=> Elite Black Tusk

Rewards

Since Gear 2.0 is also part of TU8, it is now possible that difficulty = loot quality. But how does that work?

The developers basically defined what “average rolls” for attributes are on your equipment. This is the item quality that you get in the lower difficulties. Once you go for the higher difficulties, you have fewer and fewer bad rolls on your gear. So there will be a big difference in terms of how good the rolls on your gear are between normal difficulty and legendary difficulty.

Legendary also has unique apparel rewards that can drop from it.

Directives

=> Image

Independently from Global Difficulty, Directives allow you to activate gameplay modifiers on main missions, side missions, and open-world activities; increasing the overall difficulty and granting you additional XP. You will be able to activate up to 5 directives and with each active directive, you get more XP. As seasonal XP is gained by all activities that yield XP, activating directives will also boost your seasonal XP gain.

Keep in mind, Directives only provide more XP – the difficulty decides over the quality of the loot drops.

The Raid will not be affected by the Directives.

The Selections

You can select from these Directives:

Ammo Hoarders
Start with less ammo & lose rounds left when reloading. Enemies don’t drop ammo & no ammo is shown on the mini-map.
Cool Skills
When one skill is activated the other is put on cooldown.
Fog of War Revisited
Mini Map and directional threat indicators are removed.
No Regen
Armor never regenerates after an encounter. It can be manually healed.
Special Ammo
Enemy bullets may be of special types. What type depends on the enemy faction.

Global Difficulty

Global Difficulty allows you to set the difficulty of pretty much every content in the game and it is up to you to decide how challenging the Open World or the Main Missions should be.

The Raid will not be affected by the Global Difficulty.

=> Difficulty

=> Directives

=> Confirmation

You can select from normal to heroic and every time you change that difficulty, the map is reset – including Control Points. When that is not enough – directives can be applied on top of that. Both Global Difficulty and Directives affect every activity you can do in the Open World (Control Points, Supply Drops or Hostage Situations) and of course, you will also get rewards and loot that reflects that difficulty. Also – as shown in the screenshots – activating more directives gives you up to 125% more XP while doing activities.

When you increase the difficulty the Control Points also get automatically upgraded. So when you set the Global Difficulty to Challenging, the Control Points are automatically level 3.

Affects New York and Washington

Global difficulty settings will apply both to New York and Washington, DC. Some surprises will be injected into the game to ensure that every time you replay something, there will be something to make it a little different.

Control Points Change

With Warlords of New York, the behavior of Control Point changes. Before it was a constant fight against the factions and you really had to defend your Control Points. With the update, once you have taken a Control Point it is yours and it will stay that way. Then it is up to you if you want a very peaceful map and let it stay that way or if you want to reset it again and start over.

If you want more action, you can reset the map by changing the Global Difficulty.

Seasons

Once you have reached Level 40 you can participate in the Seasons - a new endgame activity that is exclusive to Warlords of New York owners:

Seasons allowing you to earn new rewards, unique seasonal gear, and cosmetics by progressing through the seasonal level system. Participating in Seasonal events, all in-game activities will reward Seasonal XP, allowing you to progress through the seasonal track while engaging in the activities of your choosing.

=> Seasons Summary

Targeted Loot System

Like Washington D.C. New York also has the Targeted Loot System that will help you farm the new items and Brand Sets. It will become active, once you are level 40 and you have finished the campaign.

=> Targeted Loot Summary

Difficulty = Loot Quality

With the Gear 2.0 changes, it is now possible, that the difficulty of the content has a direct impact on the average rolls on the loot.

=> Loot System Summary

What happens to players that choose to stay in D.C.?

For those who choose to stay in D.C. all Year 1 content will still be available, along with level 30 versions of Dark Hours (as well as Raid #2 once released) and the level 30 endgame. To minimize the division of player base, any level 40 player will be able to join level 30 activities with level scaling.

All players, regardless of the ownership of Warlords of New York, will continue receiving Quality of Life changes, in addition to core system improvements such as Gear 2.0 and improved UI/UX flows.

Apparel Events, Global Events and Seasons are exclusive to owners of Warlords of New York.

Last, last, last thing for now

Let's play together. Let's have fun. Let's hope this game sticks this time around. It's up to Ubisoft to make the former negative ramos experience turn into a positive ramos experience. Thank you therapy for that one. You are wonderful. But real talk, there's a lot we'll be discovering together in March for the game. Discord it up, use the thread and let's have a good time. Cheers!!!

ICR fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holding for patch notes and trash panda stuff.

Latest SOTG Recap

ICR fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 26, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How's the new raid?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I am way too excited to have my sticky bombs back. Cluster mines are good but they’re just not the same.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How's the new raid?

The Foundry (new raid) won't be out before spring.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So who else thinks shotguns and Striker's will be as hilariously powerful as it was in Div1.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Amazing op :allears:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I am way too excited to have my sticky bombs back.

I'm excited about everything is it March 3 yet

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

IN

Let's keep this thread nazi supporter free!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

3 pc Striker's is amazing for the 15% higher RoF.

But they are reworking all gear sets, so we will see in a few days if other sets can compete for pure dps.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Live from New York, it’s new guys to fight!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Coney Island missions were pretty fun. I’m looking forward to this poo poo again. Maybe this complete overhaul will be the one to do the trick!

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I preordered Avengers, The Last of Us 2, and Cyberpunk 2077 months ago, and was looking forward to having something new to play soon but as of now I'm really glad they're delayed. I don't know how to quit you, Division 2.

Also I did get the "all control points" trophy last night, it wasn't bad at all, 2 hours of hives and seekers, only had to go back to help 2 points I had already cleared.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
What happened to the dude/dudette you played in Division 1? It seems weird to be going to NY to hunt down Keener when the Div 1 dude should have taken out all the gangs and done that already.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Live from my survivalist bunker, I'm running out of food and resorting to eating my duplicate Chameleons for nutrients

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Danith posted:

What happened to the dude/dudette you played in Division 1? It seems weird to be going to NY to hunt down Keener when the Div 1 dude should have taken out all the gangs and done that already.

Ideally the game checks for Div1 saves and make him a baddie you have to kill.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Danith posted:

Where the hell is that settlement in the very opening of div 2 by the way? I assumed it was NY and you were called over to DC at the start, but the more I look at that bit (starting hardcore characters etc) the more I wonder if that's not what is being implied.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

^burtle posted:

Live from New York, it’s new guys to fight!

I wonder if they are going to do the Destiny thing and the new enemies are just going to be very large versions of the existing ones. 22' tall Joe Ferro

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Lumpy posted:

I wonder if they are going to do the Destiny thing and the new enemies are just going to be very large versions of the existing ones. 22' tall Joe Ferro

Joe Ferro did nothing wrong! :flame: :911:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Danith posted:

In the story trailer it made it look like Keener had killed everyone at a new base of operations in the financial sector so maybe that's where your character ended up. It's also been 8 months, so maybe they retired?

THE poo poo I'VE SEEN, MAN

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I uninstalled this game, but I am paying attention to whatever you guys say about it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
First Wave Page Kreeeew.

Where's that loving SOTG recap

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Tei posted:

I uninstalled this game, but I am paying attention to whatever you guys say about it.

Warlords is looking to fix everything that we didnt like. so :rms:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you are on PS4 and need a clan, join COINCELPRO. We have some spots and I'll boot inactive (starting at the oldest) if we need more openings.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

HiriseSoftware posted:

In the story trailer it made it look like Keener had killed everyone at a new base of operations in the financial sector so maybe that's where your character ended up. It's also been 8 months, so maybe they retired?

THE poo poo I'VE SEEN, MAN

I was under the impression that these were First Wave agents, pretty much everyone who did not defect. Also the whole NY story is that when the poo poo got serious in DC all the Division agents were called there, that's why all the non-hostile factions in NY are so mad at them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I read that entire post and if you don’t too you might be a jerk!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

I read that entire post and if you don’t too you might be a jerk!

MY NAME IS DEADLIKEREV AND IM FROM BEUNO.... WASHINGTON DC AND I SAY KILL EM ALL.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I played some at launch but never got to the endgame, would it be worth just restarting when the expansion hits for the better gearing experience?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ICR posted:

Holding for patch notes and trash panda stuff.

he aten't dead

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 27, 2020

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Dead Like Rev posted:

Warlords is looking to fix everything that we didnt like

just want to leave this gamer nugget hanging in the air

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Pylons posted:

I played some at launch but never got to the endgame, would it be worth just restarting when the expansion hits for the better gearing experience?

Honestly, i'd just boost to 30 but thats me. Gearing experience from 1-30 is out the window come tuesday. The new gearing experience is 30-40.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Personally, I am going to probably do this. I just want to play to see what it's like with the changes. Also, there's new character customization options too, and I must be the prettiest in all the land of DC.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

does AoH have a discord?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

ICR posted:

Personally, I am going to probably do this. I just want to play to see what it's like with the changes. Also, there's new character customization options too, and I must be the prettiest in all the land of DC.

you'll be the prettiest of those who logged in once then never again!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Finally, the SOTG just dropped.

queeb posted:

does AoH have a discord?

You're already in it friend.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Does Warlords add anything with elements from Underground or Survival?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

I wish.

They're on record saying they have no plans for survival at this time.

Breakpoint supposedly is getting a Survival mode in the Spring aka whenever they delay it again and delay it into year 2026 but yeah, that's the game getting Survival.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ICR posted:

Same but I am probably going to get to level 40 first and then slowly work my back through with a new character since I am inevitably going to delete at least one of my mules, if not all 3, once the recalibration library starts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Captain Beans posted:

The whole game is getting modifiers similar to survival. You can set them on the whole map and I think just for missions.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

queeb posted:

does AoH have a discord?

Discord is linked at the top of the first post, all division clans are basically under the one roof for PC. Think our PS4 players hang out there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

You got me into another game, you son (sun) of a bitch.