Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

You got me into another game, you son (sun) of a bitch.

Etching your name into my wall as we speak. I would say best $3 ever spent but think about all the Taco Bell Nacho Fries you could get. My god...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

ICR posted:

Etching your name into my wall as we speak. I would say best $3 ever spent but think about all the Taco Bell Nacho Fries you could get. My god...

Dont believe his lies

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

The whole game is getting modifiers similar to survival. You can set them on the whole map and I think just for missions.
I think you meant Underground. Everything's getting Directives. Also random Hunter attacks

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Roman posted:

I think you meant Underground. Everything's getting Directives

Oh yeah Underground :downs:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

As a new player on the $3 train, is there a good newbie guide leading to preparing for the expansion, like what content to focus on doing, what things to ignore, etc? I'm not planning on using the level 30 boost since I want to experience all the content I can before moving onto the expansion, but I don't want to be doing any grinding that will be made pointless when I do.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

As a new player on the $3 train, is there a good newbie guide leading to preparing for the expansion, like what content to focus on doing, what things to ignore, etc? I'm not planning on using the level 30 boost since I want to experience all the content I can before moving onto the expansion, but I don't want to be doing any grinding that will be made pointless when I do.

Horde all your materials, dont craft poo poo, just play the game following it along from mission to mission. Once you hit 30 youre gonna need to advance through the world tiers by completing the strongholds. Loot loot and loot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I would replace “don’t craft poo poo” with “don’t craft too much poo poo”. If you can’t get a gun you like don’t make yourself miserable to save a few materials.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ok - I've only been crafting the permanent gun mods so far, should I keep doing that? Crafting anything else seems pointless with the amount of loot drops I'm getting and the rate I'm leveling.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In the pause menu on the right there’s a progress section that covers all main missions / side missions / area liberation. Just go through those and play through everything.

The only other thing outside of this you could probably work on is stuff like the hunter masks and exotics but those are optional and in the case of exotics could randomly drop for you form just playing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There's a lot to do. First job is to hit level 30. This involves a few things:

-Clearing each zone. This involves flipping all the control points to green, doing all the side missions in a zone, doing whatever projects the settlements give you, getting all the SHD Tech in each zone, and then main missions in each zone. This levels you up, unlocks skills and perks, etc.

-Then you have to clear strongholds. The last one you do is the Capital Building, which is sort of the last mission in the level 1-30 grind. Once you finish that, you're immediately whisked away to World Tier 1. Then you have to re-clear the Strongholds, except now they are invaded, that is now occupied by Black Tusk faction. To unlock a stronghold you have to clear 3 main missions (which are marked). Once you clear a stronghold, you're then taken to WT2, then rinse and repeat until you're at WT5. There's no reason at all to stay in the lower world tiers. Just get to 5 asap. There will still be some blueprints to get via projects and capturing level 4 control points. Thankfully it's easier now to have level 4 CPs, so there's that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ok - I've only been crafting the permanent gun mods so far, should I keep doing that?
yeah do that as much as possible

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/free-weekend

Bad Games Crew [BAD] - We are recruiting again, https://discord.gg/9xTr6pJ post in clan invite and you will get an invite right away.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 26, 2020

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Finally got my friends in on the action, though I doubt they'll be WONY ready in time

Also, all you Oceania Goons come hang out in Flaming Drongos [FDR]. BYO drop bear

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Kenly college was very fun and a nice change of pace, I hope we get another expedition sometime in the future with some more complex puzzles.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

OgNar posted:

Bad Games Crew [BAD] - We are recruiting again, [url][/url] post in clan invite and you will get an invite right away.

Why would anyone want to join a Discord staffed by Nazis and Nazi enablers?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I never stopped playing Div2 per se; I've just been progressing very slowly due to being busy IRL. I got to WT5 just recently, Gear Score hovering around 480, I have yet to encounter anything Exotic, haven't had a chance to get into any of the daily/weekly endgamey stuff yet (which is for the best at this point, I suppose).

Sounds like I may as well just stay the course and finish up the free DLC missions and clean the map of any remaining SHD crates and whatnot. And then I'm pretty stoked to get back to NY!!

One lingering question I've had - what's the deal with that third settlement near the middle of the map? The Castle or something like that? It's been greyed out for me the whole time.. I assumed something might happen once I "beat" the game, but now that I'm into the post-game missions that doesn't seem to be the case.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

OgNar posted:

Bad Games Crew [BAD] - We are recruiting again, https://discord.gg/9xTr6pJ post in clan invite and you will get an invite right away.

Now with 100% more nazi apologists

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Why would anyone want to join a Discord staffed by Nazis and Nazi enablers?

Can we take the angry bullshit somewhere else?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

OgNar posted:

I dont think dudes mad, dudes telling the truth.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Dead Like Rev posted:

I dont think dudes mad, dudes telling the truth.

the truth according to garp.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OgNar posted:

Like a rally where Nazis congregate?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

OgNar posted:

just ignore it, they are butthurt because they didn't get their way of things.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

just ignore it, they are butthurt because they didn't get their way of things.

No one here's hurt bro, you're clearly the one hurt trying to goonfuck folks in other games by crying to the devs who the goons are and how villianous they are. All in a weak attempt to get yourself a beta key. Remind me, after you got ejected from WoW Goon Squad, which wow guild did you go to? The one with Kimsemus that got called out by US Senators for having a KKK Roleplaying event? WOOOOOOOO LAD.

Ninja Edit: also not really worried here cause ya'll just fail out of the game in like 3 weeks like you always do with every game ever leaving anyone you try to recruit high and dry. SEEMS LIKE A WASTE when they can just join up with PIE and we've been playing since the game released.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 26, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ICR posted:

Now, let's get down to business!!!!!!!

ICR, buddy, friend. How close to true is this: you wake up, put on the coffee, open up your RSS reader to see what games are new or updating, and then write thread OPs about it

:v:

anyway for those of you coming back or coming in new, Massive has actually made a lot of good and positive changes already to the game and hopefully they're taking that to the next (10) levels with Warlords. May we all dunk on Aaron Keener's eye-rollingly egotistical rear end together.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Psion posted:

ICR, buddy, friend. How close to true is this: you wake up, put on the coffee, open up your RSS reader to see what games are new or updating, and then write thread OPs about it

:v:

anyway for those of you coming back or coming in new, Massive has actually made a lot of good and positive changes already to the game and hopefully they're taking that to the next (10) levels with Warlords. May we all dunk on Aaron Keener's eye-rollingly egotistical rear end together.

Hi friend!!!! Well, I love to write so that doesn’t help. And I love games even as time gets sparse to play.

But I pick the ones I really do love or could love, and well, this just happens to be one!

(I would probably always be open to do an OP on any game though). I will say Anthem about killed my faith in gaming though. Really needed to dial back a bit :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I almost bought Anthem because of you.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

One lingering question I've had - what's the deal with that third settlement near the middle of the map? The Castle or something like that? It's been greyed out for me the whole time.. I assumed something might happen once I "beat" the game, but now that I'm into the post-game missions that doesn't seem to be the case.

It was blown up with super virus chemical weapons to kill everyone in there by the true sons, not the best place to resettle. It's just to show the tragedy of whatever the gently caress I guess

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Free fast travel and restock though!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I almost bought Anthem because of you.

I deeply apologize. Yeah...just awful. I wish it was good! I just wanted to loot and be Iron Man!

I’ll be taking the Marvel Avengers thread for sure for its launch but yeah, I don’t have high hopes there either.

On the bright side, I am STOKED for March 3rd though.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't know a hell of a lot about Div in general but the excitement in this thread is pretty cool, this sort of being stoked as gently caress is what video games should cause more often.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Kibayasu posted:

Free fast travel and restock though!

Just imagining agents scrounging through the rubble for restock boxes. :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

UnknownMercenary posted:

So who else thinks shotguns and Striker's will be as hilariously powerful as it was in Div1.

Here's hoping. Here's also hoping the devs don't cave to PvP pissbabies and make it a joke after a while.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

OgNar posted:

This is the nazi discord just fyi. Probably leave these idiots alone.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't know a hell of a lot about Div in general but the excitement in this thread is pretty cool, this sort of being stoked as gently caress is what video games should cause more often.

The Division has had a few really cool moments in its history, mostly with retooling their previous systems. It's nice to see such care put into it. And then to have a super fun game in an incredibly detailed world is awesome too.

Series owns and I'll probably keep buying them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The series has a really cool loop. You can really just play forever and mix up your builds.

Ubi just has a thing where it takes about a year for any of their multiplayer games to hit a stride.

We hit that one year mark next month! And there’s a lot of good things written down by them that should have us excited. So that is cool!

Just gotta see if it gets executed on but like most games, they’re really fun when we are all in it together. Community can save even the trashiest of games (some can’t be saved but you get the drill!)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Capn Beeb posted:

Here's hoping. Here's also hoping the devs don't cave to PvP pissbabies and make it a joke after a while.

I'm sure damage wise it won't be too bad. Div1 let you get 100 stacks of 1% weapon damage per stack, but it's additive with all other sources of weapon damage. In Div2, you can only get up to 50% weapon damage, but this time it's multiplicative just going off of the wording on the set description and what they've said about other sets going into WONY. Whether the Div2 version is better or even comparable I think we won't know until we start playing around with it.

Also as far as I know the Striker's nerf in Div1 only ever affected PVP areas; it's still as effective as ever in any purely PVE gameplay.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

ICR posted:

The series has a really cool loop. You can really just play forever and mix up your builds.

Ubi just has a thing where it takes about a year for any of their multiplayer games to hit a stride.

We hit that one year mark next month! And there’s a lot of good things written down by them that should have us excited. So that is cool!

Just gotta see if it gets executed on but like most games, they’re really fun when we are all in it together. Community can save even the trashiest of games (some can’t be saved but you get the drill!)

This is true, Division 1 took ONE YEAR for them to get their heads outta their asses, listen to players, and revamp. Now Division 2 is listening to players, revamping almost 1 year to date. Sucks its behind an expansion but gently caress ive put over 400 hours in, I have gotten my $80 for collectors out of it. Its worth another $22 using their own discount code. In terms of money paid versus entertainment. Game EASILY tips the scale on entertainment. I don't get the satisfaction I get from this game with other looter shooters like borderlands (god damnit stop with the unicorn, dick, fart, butt jokes poo poo).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Regular strikers in Div 1 wasn’t really a problem, it was the classified bonuses that made it really crazy until the nerf. You were rewarded with enough weapon damage to more than make up for whatever amount of Stamina you had, which make you tankier not only in having more health but by the health regeneration being a % of the more health.

With the core attribute system I wouldn’t be surprised if Division 2 Strikers is more of a glass cannon.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ICR posted:

Oh, I'll mark my calendar to pick up Breakpoint then! They're going to fix that game too...

... Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh, I'll mark my calendar to pick up Breakpoint then! They're going to fix that game too...

... Right?

MAYBE who knows we'll see 1 year exactly post release. Its funny we joke about this but its exactly what loving happened to Rainbow Six Siege, and now look at siege, its one of the biggest esports games out there.