Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

EDIT: I'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just got to the part in Lords of the Realm where Ted Turner is introduced, is there a recommended biography of him?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://twitter.com/SJGiants/status/1232409278721343488

MiLB promotions are great

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I mean it's a somewhat abstract dick and balls, but I still see it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

seiferguy posted:

One of my favorite things to do is to remember a really bad year and try to remember who got the majority starts in each position. A lot of "remembering some guys" going on there.

Please don't make me remember the 2004 Mets.

I can only give you two names. Scott Kazmir and Victor Zambrano. :mets:

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 26, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

seiferguy posted:

One of my favorite things to do is to remember a really bad year and try to remember who got the majority starts in each position. A lot of "remembering some guys" going on there.

Darwin Barney led the 2012 Cubs in WAR. He also had a 76 OPS+

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Tom glavine biiiitch!

I loved watching the old guy guy it out.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
https://twitter.com/GDubCub/status/1232711375828344833

We're getting the band back together

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lester's going to be unstoppable with Lackey there.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

habeasdorkus posted:

2016 Twins had their worst non-strike-shortened 162-game season and the team contained a boatload of the current team or current MLB players and Dozier's 42HR.

It also had Byung-Ho Park and some spectacularly bad seasons from other guys. The pitching, though. Oh god the pitching. You've heard of most of those guys. It's just that they gave up 889 runs, which is 128 more than the next closest team, the Oakland A's. They had so many double-digit blowouts. They were so. bad. Even for a Twins team it was bad. Ervin Santana! Pretty okay! Then... Gibson, Tyler Duffy, Nolasco, Tommy Milone, and 22-year-old Jose Berrios before he Got Good.

So it ain't just the nobodies we can point to sometimes. Sometimes it's just some weird confluence of Suck combined with an abundance of extreme Twins Pitching.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1232737308316704769?s=20

:newlol:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress this sport is hard when you dont know what pitch is coming isnt it

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Aren't the Astros up to 7 HBP already :lol:

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
That was fast

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1232765708322459663

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1232765395737686016

:fap:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

The last two years have been a seriously weird feeling of :smith: for the Yankees. The Yankees.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/adamdberry/status/1232748302170492928

:unsmith:

last time burdi was on a mound, he was in tears and clutching his forearm. really, really believe in his talent and want to see him recover & excel

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

spanky69 posted:

Aren't the Astros up to 7 HBP already :lol:

Seven in four games

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

quote:

Juan Soto went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI in the Nationals' 9-6 win over the Cardinals on Tuesday.

Soto is just 21 and has never played in Triple-A, so it's hard to say whether he's truly ready for the majors yet. Nonetheless, the Nationals are set to hand him the starting job in left field this spring. If it doesn't work out, they have Mac Williamson waiting in the wings.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/21101/juan-soto

Promising day. Hope he works out in the show.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mets fans....good!?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

won't you take me to

plunky tooown

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

He's my sleeper of the year. I think he'll surprise some people.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Tom glavine biiiitch!

I loved watching the old guy guy it out.

I was so angry about that signing at the time. And I was proven right! Glavine wasted Johan's brilliant game 161 by getting fuckin' torched in game 162!

I did actually remember a bunch of guys on that 2004 team, though. You had baby Reyes and Wright, of course. Piazza was still there. And some cool dudes like Cliff Floyd and Mike Cameron. But there were gems, too. Ty Wigginton! Kaz Matsui! Super Joe!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Legitimately excited for an entire season of this

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Give me more Big Daddy Hacks and whiffs from Astros please.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just got to the part in Lords of the Realm where Ted Turner is introduced, is there a recommended biography of him?

We Could've Finished Last Without You is by Braves promotions guy Bob Hope about his time with the team in the 1970s-80s. There's a lot of Turner in there, but it's not completely positive. The book was published right before the Braves got good in 1991, so the general consensus of Ted Turner by baseball was pretty negative.

Turner wrote an autobiography, but I've never read it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a fairly common occurrence with Springer

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Oh my god, it's delicious.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really hope Stanton’s career isn’t derailed by never being healthy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pretty funny seeing the thread turn so pro-bean ball. Seem to recall everyone crying about Clint Hurdle because whatever idiot national writers they follow told them that he was ordering tons of hit batsmen

Simpler days

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Pretty funny seeing the thread turn so pro-bean ball. Seem to recall everyone crying about Clint Hurdle because whatever idiot national writers they follow told them that he was ordering tons of hit batsmen

Simpler days

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone has advocated for beanings. People are laughing at Correa getting boo'd and then taking a massive whiff.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm not pro bean ball i was just thinking about funkytown

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lmfao i've never seen this

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Simpler days

bean balls are bad and rude. nobody should ever throw the based ball at a batter's head, especially not at the directive of violent beanball enthusiast clint hurdle

... you know, if every intentional HBP were like this, i would re-think my stance a little

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GalacticAcid posted:

Simpler days

good thing this never happened with anybody who posts here regularly

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Poque posted:

good thing this never happened with anybody who posts here regularly

For sure man

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't think anyone is seriously advocating that the Astros get hit but there's a bit of a difference between hitting someone because they cheated your team out of the World loving Series and hitting someone because they batflipped after hitting a homer during the last series a month ago

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
A little too obvious, but what the Hell....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

On remembering some guys, there was an article after Halladay died about some of his best Jays years and how often he would lose while giving up 2 earned runs through 8 or something, and they made a point about who dhed most of those games for the Jays. I remember laughing at the name, but sadly I cannot remember that guy :(