Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Who does SAS bestow the most obnoxious fans award to? Duke? Maryland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maryland is my personal fave but if you did a national poll I'm sure it would be Kentucky

Also West Virginia fans booing every time they are on defense is pretty annoying

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Duke is the obvious one, but UNC always needs underlining. Indiana is real bad and I'm back on full hate of them after the gross Bob Knight lovefest. Florida is often underrated in these things.

I feel like Maryland is still deeply annoying but maybe slipped some when they moved to the Big Ten and lost their traditional rivalries? But that could just be just no longer having to deal with them except when they churn up in the ACC/B10 Challenge. I dunno, I live within easy walking distance of their arena right now but there is no chance in hell I'm going to a game to find out for myself.

Some other traditionally awful fanbases slipped a bit in recent years with a lack of national success—Mizzou, New Mexico, Syracuse, Arkansas. But they'd come roaring back given the chance.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Sic ‘em bears, gently caress a jayhawk

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Sic ‘em bears, gently caress a jayhawk

strong disagree

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

We're picking up way too many fouls though, that could easily kill us this game.

I'd love to win this game just to get back that Sssweet Big XII Champ Train, but definitely writing in Baylor for the championship in the bracket, really haven't seen a team as good as this in 2020, but then, I haven't watched enough.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 22, 2020

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Refs definitely seem to be favoring baylor

Surprised they are trailing at the half

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is kicking Auburn’s rear end currently

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd like Baylor fans more if they were 825% less Texan.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol and of course I jinx it.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I'd like Baylor fans more if they were 825% less Texan.

The best thing about Waco is it’s proximity to Austin. It’s probably the most conservative Texas town I can think of off the top of my head.

This game owns.

E: Thats game. Kansas deserved that win.

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 22, 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

drat, Baylor's good. Good game.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Arky won a game! And it was against an SEC team! They might actually stumble into the tournament and get bounced out immediately at this rate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Udoka was unstoppable.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

SDSU down to UNLV by twelve at the half, could be interesting seeing if they come back

also I only watched a bit of the UVA game but hey, good enough to beat Pitt, that sure is something

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's just not our night tonight

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nothing's falling. not a bad time to lose, if you've got to

or have I perhaps spoken too soon

they made it a lot more interesting, came down to a missed buzzer beater for overtime, but the Aztecs lost

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 23, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Damnit

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress SDSU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
gently caress the non-Bill-Walton announcer being lovely about the Josh Green, who just got thrown to the ground and kicked in the head missing free throws. WOW he just did it again gently caress this guy.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 23, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona is just cursed against Oregon now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rick posted:

Arizona is just cursed against Oregon now.

Wow

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
North Carolina has not won since beating NC State last month and lord willing they will not win after this, but it’s nailed on they are beating State tonight.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

VT is loving awful

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

VT is loving awful

This was a coin flip game

edit: this isn’t really a great coaching job since the roster problems are of his own making, but there is something a little impressive about Bennett guiding this team to 4th in the league, with shots still against Duke and Louisville to climb higher.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 27, 2020

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Spoke too soon

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

vt hit about 10 consecutive three point attempts after you posted, it felt like. only giving up 11 points in the first half isn't that great when you only score 26. or whatever the exact numbers were. i didn't see the first half, it must've been pretty awful

edit: escaped with a win

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 27, 2020

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Kihei is so clutch and I love him

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rutgers is going to actually miss the tournament.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

God drat i still hate Jess Settles. Get the gently caress off my screen.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

My God Minnesota how are you this bad?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Absolute choke by Minny

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
If you’re gonna lose to Wisconsin at least get your moneys worth and elbow Davidson in the teeth.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue can't hit a shot, but IU is somehow worse so far tonight. This was pretty fun though

https://twitter.com/BoilerBall/status/1233195742656913413

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Lmao at these refs - can't wait for Boudreaux to get a flagrant 1
Meanwhile Wisconsin gets away with at least 3 hook and holds against Purdue last week

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Flagrant 1???? What the gently caress.

Also, that's 10 on Purdue this half, 3 on IU.

Bo Borowski loving sucks

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'm obviously biased but it seems like every single review for a flagrant goes against Purdue.

I almost fell out of my chair when Alan Griffin actually got thrown out for stepping on Stefanovic last month

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I'm obviously biased but it seems like every single review for a flagrant goes against Purdue.

I almost fell out of my chair when Alan Griffin actually got thrown out for stepping on Stefanovic last month

What gets me is the lack of hook and holds Haarms draws, guys 6 or 7 inches shorter tie him up all the time and never get called. Wisconsin did it all night in Madison.

Ahh you mentioned that. Slow refresh.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 28, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tipped ball gets called an over and back, soft rear end call on a missed 3 sends IU to the line for 3. Awesome! Purdue's going to blow this though because they're going to miss 3 1 and 1 front ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Tipped ball gets called an over and back, soft rear end call on a missed 3 sends IU to the line for 3. Awesome! Purdue's going to blow this though because they're going to miss 3 1 and 1 front ends.

Happy to be wrong, the streak lives, Ethan Morton and Jaden Ivey can't get here soon enough.