Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't they already film there once? Or was that some other Impact location?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

There was that one time NXT did a house show (I think it was a house show anyways) a few doors down from the old Impact headquarters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who does better houses, NXT or Evolve?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

GCW

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh poo poo, WALTER vs. Finn would own

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Raquel is so loving green its not even funny. She should not be on TV at all right now.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Pretty good main event tonight! Bianca’s great, the timing was clearly messed up at the end there. Rhea looked a little weird just standing at the top of the ramp while Bianca got beat up and the ending of the march was rushed as well

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

illcendiary posted:

Pretty good main event tonight! Bianca’s great, the timing was clearly messed up at the end there. Rhea looked a little weird just standing at the top of the ramp while Bianca got beat up and the ending of the march was rushed as well

Yea other than that it was a great match. NXT's women's division is great, and Balor is great, the rest of their show needs a lot of work.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Also I really want NXT to be successful but doing two cage matches on the same show is never a good idea, not for a PPV, not for TV, not for a live event. One cage match, but they'll never get this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Balor vs. WALTER will probably be extremely good, and I assume it will happen at the Dublin show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nxt should be cratered for not calling it Dublin or nothing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

You can no longer go to hell. This rules.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still think it’s hilarious that after what... 4 events, NXT UK have run out of places actually in the UK to hold something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also I really want NXT to be successful but doing two cage matches on the same show is never a good idea, not for a PPV, not for TV, not for a live event. One cage match, but they'll never get this.

How dare you disparage Lethal Lockdown :colbert:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still think it’s hilarious that after what... 4 events, NXT UK have run out of places actually in the UK to hold something.

it took them 2. Blackpool-> Cardiff-> done

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Balor vs. WALTER will probably be extremely good, and I assume it will happen at the Dublin show.

I'm trying to imagine them stubbornly trying to keep Finn heel in Ireland Vs. WALTER. Surrounded by explosive cheers as Finn kicks him in the balls and scowls.

Procrastinator posted:

it took them 2. Blackpool-> Cardiff-> done

Forgive my ignorance, but Edinburgh? London? Liverpool? Seth like there's lots of UK cities with a population to get 3,000 people to an event.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Wazzu posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but Edinburgh? London? Liverpool? Seth like there's lots of UK cities with a population to get 3,000 people to an event.

I was just listing the events they did do. Blackpool to Cardiff to blackpool again to Dublin.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still laughing that they ran Cardiff the same day as a Wales/Ireland rugby match. That's about as dumb as doing a show in Columbus on Ohio State/Michigan day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

:chanpop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Raquel is so loving green its not even funny. She should not be on TV at all right now.

How long has she been in developmental? Is it just a Riddick Moss like situation where they've had them for so long they decide they gotta do SOMETHING?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

Still laughing that they ran Cardiff the same day as a Wales/Ireland rugby match. That's about as dumb as doing a show in Columbus on Ohio State/Michigan day.
Wasnt this also on the same day as NJPW Royal Quest in London AND AEW All Out? In the end it was impressive more than a dozen people bothered to go

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

How long has she been in developmental? Is it just a Riddick Moss like situation where they've had them for so long they decide they gotta do SOMETHING?

Riddick Moss was there longer. Reina or w/e was there about as long as Rhea. which is like a year or 2? They did something with Riddick because he signed a new contract and he negotiated that he gets called up.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

who in god's name is riddick moss

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

Some guy that did the job at NXT house shows.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bianca Belair deserves better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Bianca Belair deserves better

She really does. The sad thing is that there is actually a story to be told out of "Bianca dominates early in the Rumble but then finds herself falling short when up against fresh main eventers with years of experience, and now she wants to step up to prove herself" and it could have been quite interesting, but the story they chose to tell is,"She's a loser who gets beaten clean by both the people who kept ignoring her and not taking her seriously in the first place" :sigh:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Never been a massive fan of Bianca but watching the Royal Rumble, the quality of the match dipped immediately after she was eliminated. And she deserves waaaay better than playing third wheel in this Rhea/Charlotte nonsense.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did anyone make a sign that says die rhea and there's a lot of poop all over the sign. Could be useful later on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

She really does. The sad thing is that there is actually a story to be told out of "Bianca dominates early in the Rumble but then finds herself falling short when up against fresh main eventers with years of experience, and now she wants to step up to prove herself" and it could have been quite interesting, but the story they chose to tell is,"She's a loser who gets beaten clean by both the people who kept ignoring her and not taking her seriously in the first place" :sigh:

Powerful black women playing second fiddle to mediocre white women is sadly nothing new, especially in WWE :sigh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

This is something WWE always does. They position a character to be an underdog and either forget that they've done that or figured the audience doesn't get it enough so they do it again. The end result is the character looks like a stupid loser all the way until a fluke win happens and we're supposed to be like yay rudy you won the play(we lost the game, fuckin rudy).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Powerful black women playing second fiddle to mediocre white women is sadly nothing new, especially in WWE :sigh:

Another successful Black History Month in the books for WWE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Honest answer: NXT for sure. MCW (the Maryland one, not the Melbourne one) has consistently drawn a larger crowd than Full Sail does due to capacity, and when EVOLVE ran their "arena" it was at best 3/4 full and probably more like half. NXT could likely draw more than Full Sail allows if they had the space.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jerusalem posted:

the good story was Bianca shocking Rhea at takeover and I stand by it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Former college football player that couldn't make the cut in the NFL and did pro-graps because XFL wasn't a thing yet. He was in a tag team with Tino Sabbatelli in a "we're rich lads" gimmick, before the team split up due to injury. I guess it makes sense that he was paired with Mojo Rawley, but hey, apparently new tag teams have to break up immediately, because god forbid the guys in the lower card have something to do at any point whatsoever. Can't be havin' that, lads.

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Never been a massive fan of Bianca but watching the Royal Rumble, the quality of the match dipped immediately after she was eliminated. And she deserves waaaay better than playing third wheel in this Rhea/Charlotte nonsense.

I felt the match quality dipped as soon as loving Charlotte turned up and sucked the air out of the room, but your point still stands. Honestly, Shayna should have won that one, but no CHARLOTTE MUST WIN, LOL BACASE SHE AM GENTIKLEE SOUP REAR. gently caress off.

coconono posted:

This is something WWE always does. They position a character to be an underdog and either forget that they've done that or figured the audience doesn't get it enough so they do it again. The end result is the character looks like a stupid loser all the way until a fluke win happens and we're supposed to be like yay rudy you won the play(we lost the game, fuckin rudy).

Case in point the Rey Mysterio WHC run in 2006. "Greatest underdog champion of all time" indeed.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 27, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Former college football player that couldn't make the cut in the NFL and did pro-graps because XFL wasn't a thing yet. He was in a tag team with Tino Sabbatelli in a "we're rich lads" gimmick, before the team split up due to injury. I guess it makes sense that he was paired with Mojo Rawley, but hey, apparently new tag teams have to break up immediately, because god forbid the guys in the lower card have something to do at any point whatsoever. Can't be havin' that, lads.

Who the gently caress is Tino Sabbetelli.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He was on the Breaking Ground series, which is absolutely worth a watch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

You're really better off not knowing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Didn't Big LG poo poo on Tino sabitelli on talk n shop?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

He's dating Mandy Rose (or used to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Hey, there's months until Wrestlemania, of course they needed to steamroll the only logical roadblock for the challenger as early as possible. Just from a storytelling perspective, where the hell are they going after this?

karmicknight posted:

Rich, ripped, and awful in the ring. The tag team with Moss was hilarious since their gimmick was built around Toni's legit Maserati, but they kept pretending the car was owned by both of them. I wish they'd have had a skit explaining the ownership details.

Oh and if anyone watched NXT UK, did they just do the stupid thing where in non gimmick matches the faces are superior and heels only survive by cheating, and then in a gimmick match the heel is just the superior wrestler and the face is stupid?