Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6H2XA09.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Rose... bud.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Man I don't even want to know

One of my computer monitors at work was dropped by the dudes that moved our offices around and while I'm now looking at getting a much nicer one, in the meantime it seems to be suggesting something

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Paladinus posted:

Rose... bud.

:golfclap:

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Memento posted:

Man I don't even want to know

One of my computer monitors at work was dropped by the dudes that moved our offices around and while I'm now looking at getting a much nicer one, in the meantime it seems to be suggesting something

drat, your office is really out of date. MS DONG is almost 40 years old now.

I don't remember Clippy being that well-endowed.

Is that the newest update for Windows 10der?

I heard they got rid of the Start menu. Is the new foreplay menu that much better?

I'm so sorry, I'll sign myself out now.

:dadjoke:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?"

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

WITCHCRAFT posted:

no fap november ended months ago, dude

looks more like no crap november

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Burgess shale is loving wild, man.

For decades paleontologists didn't know which end of this thing was up. They're still not 100% on it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

For decades paleontologists didn't know which end of this thing was up. They're still not 100% on it.

Because the scientists keep getting fired every time the boss walks by and sees what they're looking at.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

RandomFerret posted:

The Burgess shale is loving wild, man.

I thought the round thing at the end was the fossilized poop of the critter making GBS threads itself when it died.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Dying mid poo poo, just like Elvis and my grandfather.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

The Cambrian explosion was loving wild when it came to animals. Nature basically throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dienes posted:

I thought the round thing at the end was the fossilized poop of the critter making GBS threads itself when it died.
Yep. Modern interpretations leave it sackless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucigenia

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Prof. Banks posted:

The Cambrian explosion was loving wild when it came to animals. Nature basically throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck.

My favorite thing about the Cambrian explosion is that we have fossils from before it and we basically have no idea what they represent. Aspidella could be anything, for instance.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Knormal posted:

Yep. Modern interpretations leave it sackless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucigenia

Okay, but if it wore pants, would it be like this:

or like this:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Prof. Banks posted:

By God, it's nothing but buttholes and dicks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

pseudorandom posted:

Okay, but if it wore pants, would it be like this:

or like this:

My god, why would you put its pants there, you pervert!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Knormal posted:

My god, why would you put its pants there, you pervert!

:pervert: but with like 10-12 :fh:s.

Also spines.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Well, God was just an adolescent at the time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Life is just a series of tubes

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Kind of makes you think, maybe we are all just evolved protuberances sprouting from our genitals instead of the other way around.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

:yeah:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/chelcielynnn/status/1232926611894202369

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Prof. Banks posted:

Is that... a fish with fly eyes glued to it hammerhead style, wrapped in a transparent hotdog?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Carecat posted:

Is that... a fish with fly eyes glued to it hammerhead style, wrapped in a transparent hotdog?

Your monitor is OFF

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Carecat posted:

It's cool, there's a little thing coming along called The Great Dying that prunes most of these weird evolutionary branches.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Great Dying is at the Permian-Triassic barrier though, not Cambrian

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Other Great Dying

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's been a few Great Dyings.

There's one starting now, actually! You'll get to see it for yourself!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RoboRodent posted:

There's been a lot of them, there were at least four major extinction events during the Cambrian era alone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events

Also since the sudden massive acceleration in the diversification of lifeforms at the time was called The Cambrian Explosion I've always argued that the mass extinctions events should have been called The Cambrian Implosions 1 Through 4 ...... but no one ever listens to me ....

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RoboRodent posted:

There's one starting now, actually! You'll get to see it for yourself!

how can we see if our eyes aren't alive

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been a lot of them, there were at least four major extinction events during the Cambrian era alone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events

Apparently humanity saw that we only contributed to the Quaternary extinction and took it as a challenge.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I hope I never go back in time to those days cause I will have no idea what the gently caress to eat cause it all looks so goddamn alien.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I hope I never go back in time to those days cause I will have no idea what the gently caress to eat cause it all looks so goddamn alien.

You could be super lucky and go back to one of those times* when oxygen concentration in the atmosphere was at levels low enough to be insufficient or high enough to be toxic to humans and just die, so eating wouldn't be a problem.

*95% of geological history

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Kind of makes you think, maybe we are all just evolved protuberances sprouting from our genitals instead of the other way around.

Uhh we form around our bumholes, actually.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Memento posted:

You could be super lucky and go back to one of those times* when oxygen concentration in the atmosphere was at levels low enough to be insufficient or high enough to be toxic to humans and just die, so eating wouldn't be a problem.

*95% of geological history

I wonder if if the levels would be great for a modern human even 100,000 years ago (not sure where to start looking that up).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pneub posted:

I wonder if if the levels would be great for a modern human even 100,000 years ago (not sure where to start looking that up).

"Cenozoic era atmospheric oxygen concentrations" is a search term that might start you off. The Cenozoic period is the last 66 million years. Quick googling tells me that at least for the last ~40 million years it's been within a percent of what it is now.

40 million years is <1% of geological time. Basically any time more than 500 million years ago there was less than 15% atmospheric oxygen, and any time more than 1.2 billion years ago, there was less than 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh we form around our bumholes, actually.

Well I will if you ask nicely