Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Reflect is pretty good once you know the spots to do it and just putting push block straight from cross tag in the game would kill any sort of offence or pressure dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

zelah posted:

Either the SFV network patch fixed everything, or it fixed everything for me cause I went from super gold to platinum in the last two days.

Maybe the real patch was inside you all along.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

RevolverDivider posted:

and just putting push block straight from cross tag in the game would kill any sort of offence or pressure dead.

This is kinda the problem yeah, the game has historically had a lot of trouble with defense being too strong. They just patched out fuzzies too which was uhhh definitely a decision that was made.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Fuzzies made playing any kind of big character a liability. It's not surprising that they killed it.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

It does look like we’ve got a lot of strong offensive options from the new tools and assists so I think it’ll work out fine. Fuzzies had to die as they were way too braindead for how strong they were and they completely shut some characters like Cooler and Gogeta out of the meta who would otherwise be really solid.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Blockhouse posted:

Fuzzies made playing any kind of big character a liability. It's not surprising that they killed it.

That's not a bad thing tho

Of all the things I have issue with in DBFZ, the fuzzies were not one of them imo

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

It looks like all the characters assists generally boil down to: beam/projectile assist, lockdown/combo extension assist, powerful strictly combo extension assist with a longer recharge

With at least one exception being videl's seemingly terrible original assist. Though it seems to leave them in hit stun longer now so at least there's that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bbtag remains the king

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

base goku got a meter gain assist that also charges his spirit bomb for when he's on point and ginyu got a 'cycle through the ginyu force summons' assist, they tried to do unique assists where they could but 'projectile and rushdown' is all alot of dragonball characters have so i dunno why people would be expecting much more from the new assists

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Brother Entropy posted:

base goku got a meter gain assist that also charges his spirit bomb for when he's on point and ginyu got a 'cycle through the ginyu force summons' assist, they tried to do unique assists where they could but 'projectile and rushdown' is all alot of dragonball characters have so i dunno why people would be expecting much more from the new assists

It hit me last night that the game has so many Gokus/Vegetas/variations on the more generic characters because they kind of locked themselves into trying to be as referential and canon to the series as possible, so if they have a moveset idea they probably have to put it on a character that doesn't have as focused of a design as most of the villains do, like Hit and Beerus. There's still some wiggle room, but they still have to follow what the character's been known to do somewhat closely, so if the character doesn't do sick uppercuts, they can't really be given a shoto-esque moveset, but Goku does sick uppercuts, so he can have those.

Basically the MVC series is the best because it gave us the coolest version of Sentinel and it was because they were allowed to go "gently caress it, let's make him like a weird Transformer."

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
And it extended to Capcom's own properties, like, sure, Morrigan can have a giant laser cannon made of bats.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ventana posted:

That's not a bad thing tho

Of all the things I have issue with in DBFZ, the fuzzies were not one of them imo

As someone who spent way too long trying to make Cooler work we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
touch fuzzy get dizzy

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Cooler was incredibly strong and underrated in S2 and only really held back by fuzzies eating him, and even then he had a better chance then the other big bodies besides ZBroly thanks to his DP. He's absolutely going to be a major threat in S3 especially now that he's got a better assist, he's an excellent character with fantastic tools.

Big characters were incredibly disproportionately punished by S2 fuzzies and it only made dumb bullshit like GT Goku and Kid Buu even stronger while making GBS threads interesting characters that had potential like Janemba Cooler and Gogeta out of the game. Z Broly was the only big body you regularly saw by the end of S2 and that's because he can force you to play a different game then anyone else.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1232645862100045824

Meanwhile she's still not available in the JP store, I'm guessing that's because it's like 4 or 5 AM there right now.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Didn't GranBlueVS cancel the European special edition too? Fighting games and EU don't mix lol

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
If I bought an import a physical copy of granblue will I need to create an Asian or Japanese psn account to play? At this point I think it’ll be out before it got delivered, but I’m still curious.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

zelah posted:

If I bought an import a physical copy of granblue will I need to create an Asian or Japanese psn account to play? At this point I think it’ll be out before it got delivered, but I’m still curious.

Well no, unless you want the DLC and/or the bonuses for GBF.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

zelah posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well no, unless you want the DLC and/or the bonuses for GBF.

Yeah, DLC is locked to the region of the disc, but only for actually buying/activating it. After that you can play on your main account with everything, I think it even uses the language that the account is set to, if my experience with Samsho is anything to go by.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

HerniaFlange posted:

Yeah, DLC is locked to the region of the disc, but only for actually buying/activating it. After that you can play on your main account with everything, I think it even uses the language that the account is set to, if my experience with Samsho is anything to go by.

This is not the case with Granblue. The Asian version includes an English option (including voices) but the Japanese version does not, no matter what account you use to play it

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

This is not the case with Granblue. The Asian version includes an English option (including voices) but the Japanese version does not, no matter what account you use to play it

Really? That's weak. Also extra effort, they must be really interested in either trying to keep things in region as possible or trying to get people to double-dip like someone else said.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Bbtag remains the king

i know this is like, a wild complaint and i might be alone but im colorblind and something about the color design in bbtag makes is completely impossible for me to see anything going on. like characters and stages and animations all just 100% blend into eachother unlike any other game for me.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Chev posted:

And it extended to Capcom's own properties, like, sure, Morrigan can have a giant laser cannon made of bats.

i mean that's not much of a departure from normal Morrigan at all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i know this is like, a wild complaint and i might be alone but im colorblind and something about the color design in bbtag makes is completely impossible for me to see anything going on. like characters and stages and animations all just 100% blend into eachother unlike any other game for me.

As someone who plays the hell out of the game I completely agree wit this. One of the dudes at my locals plays Pink Ruby and Yang and when cross combo is active it is genuinely hard for me to tell which character is point even with the outlines on the models indicating that. It's a messy loving game to follow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I always felt that was true of original BB and a lot of other anime games as well, and if UNI had the same problem I never would have bothered with it.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

GranblueVS coming to Steam in Japan so I'm guessing there will be an english PC version at some point. No crossplay with PS4 though.

https://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=29373

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I'll be mad if the steam version is region locked for eu

Edit: Apparently it says worldwide

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 27, 2020

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Official tweet

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/status/1232968809314570241

edit:Also no bonus codes so if you play Granblue in English tough tiddy.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 27, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Narmaya looks real fun

English Steam date is one day after Japan

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

As someone who plays the hell out of the game I completely agree wit this. One of the dudes at my locals plays Pink Ruby and Yang and when cross combo is active it is genuinely hard for me to tell which character is point even with the outlines on the models indicating that. It's a messy loving game to follow.

Surely not being able to visually identify what the gently caress is going on is a core part of the bbtag experience

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SirKibbles posted:

Official tweet

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/status/1232968809314570241

edit:Also no bonus codes so if you play Granblue in English tough tiddy.

Lol understandable but like majority of the sales for this game is because it's the cheapest way to buy a sunstone.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Narmaya looks real fun

English Steam date is one day after Japan

The usual stuff. Trailer link and translation of specials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kSwmRtj85g
https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1232972015390183424

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's weird that there was no word of a PC port for GBVS whatsoever until a day ago and now it's coming out in three weeks. Oh well, that's cool because I'd much rather play fighting games on PC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It's weird that there was no word of a PC port for GBVS whatsoever until a day ago and now it's coming out in three weeks. Oh well, that's cool because I'd much rather play fighting games on PC.

It's not weird if you consider all the people who bought a PS4 copy and resubbed to ps plus for a month or two to play.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

It's not weird if you consider all the people who bought a PS4 copy and resubbed to ps plus for a month or two to play.

This lol. I would've gotten it for PC, if it was a simultaneous worldwide release. Now if I get it on PC I'll have 2 versions of it.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Live Free posted:

This lol. I would've gotten it for PC, if it was a simultaneous worldwide release. Now if I get it on PC I'll have 2 versions of it.

still might do this bc I'm a bitch

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Live Free posted:

Play both at the same time, one controller in each hand, like those people who play two games of Chess at the same time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does this mean PC UNICLR is sooner than we think too???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live Free posted:

I bought a brook converter and a copy of uNIClr on Switch even though I already own UNIST on PS4 and PC. Sometimes you just love the brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

In Training posted:

Does this mean PC UNICLR is sooner than we think too???

lol, no.