Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm sorry, they built a river but couldn't get a dog?

You can kill a river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Gatts posted:

Or intersect with horror and do Del Toro.

Indiana Jones at the Mountain of Madness.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Indiana Jones and Epstein's Black Book

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Indiana Jones and the comfortable bed
https://youtu.be/XlCKrHeKrLI

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Indiana Jones and The Living Will

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Indiana Jones and the Explanation Why He Isn't Immortal Despite Drinking from the Holy Grail.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Grendels Dad posted:

Indiana Jones and the Explanation Why He Isn't Immortal Despite Drinking from the Holy Grail.

The Grail only works one day at a time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Make a Fallout movie about Rex.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

It’s in the movie.

You have to keep drinking from the grail and never leave to live forever. That’s the price of immortality

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Make a Fallout Star Wars movie about Rex.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Indiana Jones and the funkopop worth at least $500

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oh god i just realized Mutt is named after a dog, just like his dad Indiana

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Indiana Jones and The Bathwater of Belle

A 100-year old Indiana who can barely move is called on for one last time when he must find a crucial piece of computer code hidden inside a virtual world he must 'jack' himself into. The entire movie will be CGI and Harrison Ford can just provide the voice for Indiana this time.

In other news,

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Indiana Jones and The Bathwater of Belle

A 100-year old Indiana who can barely move is called on for one last time when he must find a crucial piece of computer code hidden inside a virtual world he must 'jack' himself into. The entire movie will be CGI and Harrison Ford can just provide the voice for Indiana this time.

In other news,

Interesting how Apple demanded that Ransom not be given an iPhone under that rule but are perfectly fine with Jacob, the alt-right/Nazi troll, flashing his iPhone in every scene. :thunk:

Anyway, as silly as it is, I thought this was standard practice. Didn't GM at one point only allow their cars to be used in film if only good guys use them which caused the bad guys to all drive Fords (or maybe it was the other way around)?

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 27, 2020

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Bay or someone else has talked about how car companies would fall over themselves to get their cars in the movies but only to 'play' Autobots.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Bay or someone else has talked about how car companies would fall over themselves to get their cars in the movies but only to 'play' Autobots.

Somehow he managed to get Lamborghini and Mercedes to make their live action Transformers debut as villains, although they both appear in later movies as Autobot characters too.

I am still freaked out but also amused that Starscream, an F22, is officially licensed by Lockheed-Martin. However, it seems they might have an issue with Boeing because while Blitzwing is a Phantom in Bumblebee, his official toy looks nothing like one.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Somehow he managed to get Lamborghini and Mercedes to make their live action Transformers debut as villains, although they both appear in later movies as Autobot characters too.

Hell yeah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The MSJ posted:

I am still freaked out but also amused that Starscream, an F22, is officially licensed by Lockheed-Martin. However, it seems they might have an issue with Boeing because while Blitzwing is a Phantom in Bumblebee, his official toy looks nothing like one.

Could be that toy rights are a separate thing to negotiate from movie appearance rights, (similar to the likeness rights for actors) and/or the toy designers don't really give a poo poo about accuracy when it comes to fiddly things like planes.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

You can kill a river

You can kill a dog too if you're a Huckabee

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The movie version of Barricade became so popular it completely overshadowed the original 1980s version of the character, which even most hardcore Transformers fan barely care about.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Could be that toy rights are a separate thing to negotiate from movie appearance rights, (similar to the likeness rights for actors) and/or the toy designers don't really give a poo poo about accuracy when it comes to fiddly things like planes.

They did manage to make a fairly accurate toy of Shatter, who transforms into a harrier jet, despite her robot mode also having visible car parts (she also transforms into muscle car in the movie although the toy does not).

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

It’s in the movie.

You have to keep drinking from the grail and never leave to live forever. That’s the price of immortality

The movie says the grail mustn't be taken away, I don't remember anything that would keep people from stopping by every other week for a sip.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The MSJ posted:

The movie version of Barricade became so popular it completely overshadowed the original 1980s version of the character, which even most hardcore Transformers fan barely care about.

They did manage to make a fairly accurate toy of Shatter, who transforms into a harrier jet, despite her robot mode also having visible car parts (she also transforms into muscle car in the movie although the toy does not).

Pretty much every Transformers character has had at least half a dozen appearances and versions, it makes sense that some stick better than others. The 80s series had probably the biggest cast of any show but most only showed up for like an episode or two; later Transformers shows usually take more cues from Beast Wars and have smaller, more fleshed-out casts.

And point, though depends; maybe they already had a Harrier mould sitting around from a previous toyline. (They also do that a lot)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

In other news,

Shows Apple's contempt for the poor working class. Marta has a BLU phone.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I am still freaked out but also amused that Starscream, an F22, is officially licensed by Lockheed-Martin.

Apparently Bay got all that in the film by telling them how powerful and violent the Decepticons were, and of course they would want the deadliest machine on earth to transform into.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Grendels Dad posted:

That's the funny thing that they take "if you drink from the cup of Christ, you will have eternal life" to mean literally staying alive on Earth if you drink from Jesus' personal cup. It's obviously a metaphor saying that if you live as Christ teaches you will live eternally in Heaven.

Though I suppose that's what movies do with most non-Christian religions and their artifacts, so I'm ok with it essentially being magic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite was the TV show Monk, and how each season the show wanted to do an ep on a cruise ship. Cruise ship lines were thrilled with the idea at first, but then began requests about toning down how the cruise ship was viewed through Monk's OCD, to eventually asking "Does there have to be a crime aboard the ship?"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't remember if it was an official explanation or fan wank but I remember hearing that the reason he and Henry Sr. aren't immortal is that the seal limited its power to only inside the canyon. Not particularly satisfying but whatever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The ultimate gooncave

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't remember if it was an official explanation or fan wank but I remember hearing that the reason he and Henry Sr. aren't immortal is that the seal limited its power to only inside the canyon. Not particularly satisfying but whatever.

It's heavily implied by the knight guarding the Grail that the immortality is only given to a person so that they can guard the Grail. Once they try to take the Grail out of there, or abandon the duty of guarding it, they aren't immortal anymore.

But yea none of that is outright said in the movie so it's mostly speculation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SimonCat posted:

That's the funny thing that they take "if you drink from the cup of Christ, you will have eternal life" to mean literally staying alive on Earth if you drink from Jesus' personal cup. It's obviously a metaphor saying that if you live as Christ teaches you will live eternally in Heaven.

Though I suppose that's what movies do with most non-Christian religions and their artifacts, so I'm ok with it essentially being magic.

I suppose if you knew the secret going in you might be able to walk across the bridge to the Grail without issue but Jones Sr. believed you needed faith to cross the gap. So in a sense the only people who can reach the Grail are presumably followers of His.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

The movie says the grail mustn't be taken away, I don't remember anything that would keep people from stopping by every other week for a sip.

The grail being buried underneath a mountain is a pretty good deterrent though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You could just get a drone in there now I bet

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Also Indy survived a ride in a Nuke-launched fridge that should have broken every bone in his body.
Cup O'Christ is a hell of a thing.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

You could just get a drone in there now I bet

The holy spirit probably plays hell on the wifi and gps connection.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was the TV show Monk, and how each season the show wanted to do an ep on a cruise ship. Cruise ship lines were thrilled with the idea at first, but then began requests about toning down how the cruise ship was viewed through Monk's OCD, to eventually asking "Does there have to be a crime aboard the ship?"

Fun fact a true crime author/researcher told me once. The best place to get away with murder is a cruise ship.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fun fact a true crime author/researcher told me once. The best place to get away with murder is a cruise ship.

How hasn't there been a Hitman level on a cruise liner yet

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Alhazred posted:

The grail being buried underneath a mountain is a pretty good deterrent though.

No mountain burial if the cup stays in the temple. I meant that Jones and pals could just go there whenever for a drink. Come to think of it, he still could despite the mountain burial. It's the drat holy Grail, and he knows exactly where it is. If he punched the rocks like he punched Nazis to get there, he'd have recovered the Grail within a week.

edit: "Oh no, this priceless and undeniably magical artifact that proves God's existence is buried. Under rocks! It is truly lost forever!!"

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 27, 2020

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

How hasn't there been a Hitman level on a cruise liner yet

It's the tutorial level for HITMAN 1

I guess technically it's just a yacht party, not a cruise ship, but you can still dress up as the Captain and poison someone's mixed drink

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Prop Wash posted:

It's the tutorial level for HITMAN 1

I guess technically it's just a yacht party, not a cruise ship, but you can still dress up as the Captain and poison someone's mixed drink

That's true I guess but I mean a full on one not the fake little stage thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
If they do a Hitman 3 of the new ones they definitely need to have one of the locations be a full out cruise ship.