Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What’s Anthem like to play, like right now? I know it’s a hilariously broken game, but I’m asking for honest and detailed opinion here, out of curiosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s Anthem like to play, like right now? I know it’s a hilariously broken game, but I’m asking for honest and detailed opinion here, out of curiosity.

The game still has its Christmas poo poo turned on. That tells you all you need to know.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

All the newcomers late to The Division party should be referred to as $3rd Wave Agents

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
More like Turd Wave Agents :grin:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What is "The Convoy"? I just got a pop-up in game that a new expedition called the convoy was available, but I don't see that at the pilot

Estel
May 4, 2010
The Convoy is Kenly College.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Estel posted:

The Convoy is Kenly College.

Son

Of

A

BITCH

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i love using the artillery turret and blowing up every area after everyone has already been shot to death

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So, I have the base game from a AMD promo last year, is there at this point any reason to buy the Year 1 Pass if I have not done so already or should I just buy Warloards preorder to get that sweet lvl 30 boost and the new stuff in the expansion ?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

mfny posted:

So, I have the base game from a AMD promo last year, is there at this point any reason to buy the Year 1 Pass if I have not done so already or should I just buy Warloards preorder to get that sweet lvl 30 boost and the new stuff in the expansion ?

It unlocks the three new specializations without having to do the quest line for each, and gives access to some story missions that have collectibles. If it's still on sale for $12, maybe?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Jose Oquendo posted:

The game still has its Christmas poo poo turned on. That tells you all you need to know.

You mean like Christmas trees in game and poo poo? That’s ALWAYS been there, dollar bill flu ravaged the city during Christmas/winter and were now in the summer. Who the gently caress was around to take down their lights and poo poo? You expect the hunters to do it or something?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dead Like Rev posted:

You mean like Christmas trees in game and poo poo? That’s ALWAYS been there, dollar bill flu ravaged the city during Christmas/winter and were now in the summer. Who the gently caress was around to take down their lights and poo poo? You expect the hunters to do it or something?

They’re responding to a question about Anthem.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I actually hope Anthem gets a miracle update in 1-2 years, the minute to minute gameplay in that was very fun but the rest was trash.

Looking forward to this expansion release, played quite a bit when the game came out but the endgame did hold me for long, hopefully what they are doing in the expansion will be good.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Take out the sentence about the dollar flu and it’s still an accurate post

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So Ubi is making it hard for me to buy their poo poo..

Year 1 pass is £11 in some parts of the store in the App, but not others.

Game is full price on the UK store in a web browser .. not the £3.

Adding stuff to basket in the app version of the store does not work at all.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

new mask is live, as well as the Tactical mask if you didn't get that one yet. just log in this weekend and it's in your Apparel

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1233030187467628545

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Space admin hq is such a great mission, all 3 big setpieces are great, the fight on the walkways is some fun geometry, the satellite dish segment is super difficult and frantic even with endgame builds, and the final arena is cool as hell. Probably my second favorite mission behind Potomac event center with the castle defense bit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dead Like Rev posted:

Please read the post I quoted and was responding to.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.

mfny posted:

So Ubi is making it hard for me to buy their poo poo..

Year 1 pass is £11 in some parts of the store in the App, but not others.

Game is full price on the UK store in a web browser .. not the £3.

Adding stuff to basket in the app version of the store does not work at all.

You can get the £95 version for about £13 at the moment on psn. So has the yr1 pass some outfits and stash space and other poo poo. Seemed like a fair deal!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AggroJagg posted:

You can get the £95 version for about £13 at the moment on psn. So has the yr1 pass some outfits and stash space and other poo poo. Seemed like a fair deal!
note that the stash space means you get access to more space earlier, not actually more total than anyone else. and you won't be keeping anything while leveling up so it's pointless. it's not a good selling point.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I do in fact expect the hunters to take down the christmas decor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hunters love displaying their festive lights though.

Their festival is putting an axe in your skull

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Jose Oquendo posted:

Please read the post I quoted and was responding to.

IT WAS EARLY MORNING! Sorry, i was half awake and bad posting.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
So I’m still super early game, took the oxidiser as a first skill, anything pair really well with it for a second skill? A turrets maybe or the revive hive?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Honestly for early game I don't see any point in anything other than a turret + armor drone combo

(Disclaimer: I am early game too)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AggroJagg posted:

So I’m still super early game, took the oxidiser as a first skill, anything pair really well with it for a second skill? A turrets maybe or the revive hive?

You'll want the revive hive on you almost at all times as it basically acts as an extra life. It'll deploy automatically if you die outside the DZ or Conflict and then go on cooldown. This will consume all its charges no matter how many you have on it but it'll save you.

Edit: I think if an NPC in the DZ kills you it still works?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

AggroJagg posted:

Nothing really synergizes well with it, but a heal or revive would be good as a secondary.

I would also recommend firestarters over oxidizers since the oxy shells only damage enemies while they're in the cloud while the firestarters leave them with a status effect after a burst of explosive damage. Little bit harder to use but effective even in endgame.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Counter point: I loved the hell out of Oxidizers as it would completely negate cover, even if for only a few seconds. Unlike the firestarter, it explodes on impact rather than bouncing off (ie: if an enemy was in cover on higher ground). I used it a lot up to level 30, including with +Ammo mods and +radius or +damage, as it would almost always shake enemies from behind cover.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Applied to the PS4 clan COINCELPRO.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oxidizer's not bad at all when you're leveling up but as soon as you hit World Tiers its effectiveness starts dropping even with high skillpower. You need to have multiple clouds covering a single area to do appreciable damage. Sometimes you get lucky and enemies will run out of the cloud only to run back in because their AI is telling them that's still the best cover but at the (current) end game its best use is gassing spawn doors with a few charges.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I don't really know how it stacks up as a pro endgame tool, but I've been having a stupid amount of fun with the Mortar (Demolitionist) turret. Once the expansion''s out I'm curious as to how much I can minmax that thing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Minidust posted:

I don't really know how it stacks up as a pro endgame tool, but I've been having a stupid amount of fun with the Mortar (Demolitionist) turret. Once the expansion''s out I'm curious as to how much I can minmax that thing.

it used to be really bad and then they buffed it to be better. It's still slow to deploy and fire compared to many other skills but if you're having fun why not keep using it, right?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

You'll want the revive hive on you almost at all times as it basically acts as an extra life. It'll deploy automatically if you die outside the DZ or Conflict and then go on cooldown. This will consume all its charges no matter how many you have on it but it'll save you.

Does it actually work reliably now? When I played last (quit right after raids were introduced, I think) a solid half the time it would "trigger" but not actually rez you and you just died

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mortar turret is workable but pretty clunky.

I just got a +500% striker drone damage skill mod and it's loving nutty, my drone hits harder than my turret and I'll run it as a glass cannon ability on my hard wired build.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I prefer just running around with Revive Hive and Armor Drone, as I don't have to worry about actively using them.

With Gear 2.0 I'll probably get more into skill builds because it's all still a clusterfuck.

myron cope posted:

Does it actually work reliably now? When I played last (quit right after raids were introduced, I think) a solid half the time it would "trigger" but not actually rez you and you just died

I haven't seen it just outright fail like it used to. It does take a hell of a lot longer to actually revive you and there are some enemies that can and will kill it in the middlev of the revive.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 27, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I quit Division 2 slightly earlier then most because something about playing it was killing my wrist but whenever I looked it up it seemed like not much had been added from launch until now.

I miss anything big in the last year besides the dramatic return of a rude weener?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Psion posted:

it used to be really bad and then they buffed it to be better. It's still slow to deploy and fire compared to many other skills but if you're having fun why not keep using it, right?

tweet my meat posted:

Mortar turret is workable but pretty clunky.
Haha yeah exacly, manual targeting is kind of a liability but I just love this big dumb thing. When you hit a shot from like way downtown after a loooong pause it's so satisfying haha

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

smellmycheese posted:

All the newcomers late to The Division party should be referred to as $3rd Wave Agents

This was good

Finally unlocked Technician last night (despite having beat the zoo when invaded a month ago, apparently that didn't count for the last step even though the game calls it a stronghold?) and turns out I have 5/6 pieces of an (unoptomised) Hard Wired set. Am I doing it right? I'm assuming I should be running uive/seekers now (my seekers are already modded for +9 clusters +damage)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Caidin posted:

I quit Division 2 slightly earlier then most because something about playing it was killing my wrist but whenever I looked it up it seemed like not much had been added from launch until now.

I miss anything big in the last year besides the dramatic return of a rude weener?

there's quite a bit of stuff but we were discussing that most improvements (while great) were not enough to really get players back in. If you play it now you'll be back to a much better game than on release. The expansion though, is going to be the gamechanger here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

X13Fen posted:

This was good

Finally unlocked Technician last night (despite having beat the zoo when invaded a month ago, apparently that didn't count for the last step even though the game calls it a stronghold?) and turns out I have 5/6 pieces of an (unoptomised) Hard Wired set. Am I doing it right? I'm assuming I should be running uive/seekers now (my seekers are already modded for +9 clusters +damage)

Unless there are some extra bonuses that i wasn't aware of, you only need four pieces of any set to get the max utility from the gear set