Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Where can I find Season 2 of Society Game? I used to rely on Bumd but it seems like they have stopped subbing stuff (probably awhile ago). I really enjoyed Society Game a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

SalTheBard posted:

Where can I find Season 2 of Society Game? I used to rely on Bumd but it seems like they have stopped subbing stuff (probably awhile ago). I really enjoyed Society Game a ton.

I don't know if the links still work, but if you go to the /r/koreanvariety subreddit and search it for "Society Game", you'll find a thread for each episode with eng subs in the results.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Nice! Thanks!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Is there a better way to find Great Escape subbed than searching the koreanvariety subreddit for episode threads? Ideally torrent or non-MEGA streaming video form but I assume the split MEGA downloads is all there is.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Insurrectionist posted:

Is there a better way to find Great Escape subbed than searching the koreanvariety subreddit for episode threads? Ideally torrent or non-MEGA streaming video form but I assume the split MEGA downloads is all there is.

There's an easier way, but you don't have plat. How do I get a hold of you?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Anaconda Rifle posted:

There's an easier way, but you don't have plat. How do I get a hold of you?

Toss it at greatescape@maildrop.cc and you'll have my thanks

Burner mails are very convenient!

E: Thanks for the torrent links! Your tracker for GE S01 is coming up as not working in my client though. To be more precise, if I just add them they show up completely trackerless, if I force add the magnet link as tracker then they show as not working.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 8, 2020

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
That didn't seem to work for anyone. Sorry. If anyone has a server I can send them to, let me know.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow...Society Game 2 has a really strong cast! So excited to see Dongmin and MJ Kim! I finished the first episode and freaking loved it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Society game s2 is very good.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Insurrectionist posted:

Toss it at greatescape@maildrop.cc and you'll have my thanks

Burner mails are very convenient!

Check your burner again.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Check your burner again.

Already gone haha, they don't last long! I just torrented the episodes separately in the end.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I like Chun-Soo Lee's constant plotting to become leader of Madong. I'm hoping that if he gets the chance that he just flames out spectacularly.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
The genius subreddit is probably the easiest way to watch any of the content discussed in this thread right now.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ndiTDb6FI

Teaser for Great Escape S3.

Time travel ep?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I like Chun-Soo Lee's constant plotting to become leader of Madong. I'm hoping that if he gets the chance that he just flames out spectacularly.

Wish fulfilled.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

qbert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ndiTDb6FI

Teaser for Great Escape S3.

Time travel ep?

I'm game to see what a big escape room (more of an escape area based on what I've seen) based on that concept would look like, shuffling them through identical rooms that are similar-but-different seems like the logical way to do it, I can actually see that being done fairly simply and well within a T.V. show's budget. Oddly enough I don't think it'd be a great idea for a proper escape room business since you'd want to offer the customers more variety/different experiences.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

NowonSA posted:

I'm game to see what a big escape room (more of an escape area based on what I've seen) based on that concept would look like, shuffling them through identical rooms that are similar-but-different seems like the logical way to do it, I can actually see that being done fairly simply and well within a T.V. show's budget. Oddly enough I don't think it'd be a great idea for a proper escape room business since you'd want to offer the customers more variety/different experiences.

My design would be have the time travel plot point be half way through the escape, and have them traverse the same set of rooms backwards with new puzzles.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

So I've been watching through season 3 of Genius and was blown away by the Death Match in e10. I saw right away that Dongmin doomed himself in his first move, and then immensely relieved when Yeonjoo missed it, then stressed as gently caress when he did it AGAIN and she caught it that time. His move to make an impossible track but bluff confidence so well she placed a tile instead of calling it was loving BRILLIANT

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Dongmin is a God

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Victorkm posted:

So I've been watching through season 3 of Genius and was blown away by the Death Match in e10. I saw right away that Dongmin doomed himself in his first move, and then immensely relieved when Yeonjoo missed it, then stressed as gently caress when he did it AGAIN and she caught it that time. His move to make an impossible track but bluff confidence so well she placed a tile instead of calling it was loving BRILLIANT

That's maybe my favorite moment of editing in the show, because they REALLY sell that he is about to lose, and pulling back from the brink to have himself bluff himself to victory was top notch

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Stuff like that is why all I really want is them to keep making more Genius. They just kept nailing it again and again with cool moments, great editing, constant use of music that no American show could get away with using, it was just a really fun journey throughout.

It's the coolest Korean variety/reality show I've seen by a wide margin, and I'm still sad that I don't get more of a show that was so consistently good or great.

Overall it's gotta be a pretty drat cheap show to make, and I'm sad no one else has quite done a straight adaptation of the show. America stole the masked singer and turned it into a proper thing, man I'd love to see that happen with the Genius.

I will say I've been liking Taskmaster more than I thought I would, it's basically a U.K. version of Genius with more of a comedy slant, the execution actually reminds me a lot (tone wise) of Korean Variety.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Still nothing on reddit about english subs of Great Escape season 3. If anyone knows another way to be notified about them, please let us know.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Overall it's gotta be a pretty drat cheap show to make

I still can't get over how bad the prize money was. Especially when they are celebrities/elites of their field.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Did Episode 9 of The Great Escape 2 get pulled for some sort of controversy? It's not to be found on Reddit (the one link I found goes to E10), and I saw hints that there was maybe something they had to apologize for later on. Also, is it one worth watching? So far there have been two really good breaks (E7-8 was one of the best ever) and two bad ones. Even if prison break is bad at least partly because they didn't have enough material to fill two episodes, it is still bad, and the cheetah almost made the other one worth it. E9-10 kind of look they might not be good even if they're available.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I sent you a link to a site with all the episodes. Those two eps weren't the best, but they are fine.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape Season 3 Episode 1 with english subs

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Holy poo poo!

Thanks for the heads-up!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Watched the first ep of Great Escape S3. Thought it was a solid concept. Unfortunately just the first half of a two-parter as expected. Not as epic in production as last season's premiere, but I'm curious to see if they have any surprises in the 2nd half.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

qbert posted:

Watched the first ep of Great Escape S3. Thought it was a solid concept. Unfortunately just the first half of a two-parter as expected. Not as epic in production as last season's premiere, but I'm curious to see if they have any surprises in the 2nd half.

Wait no longer. Season 3, episode 2

Yeah, also underwhelmed at how the first episode was put together.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I like how episode 2 went. It felt way more coherent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A friend started watching The Genius and it reminded me that I only saw two seasons, so I started watching the third and am just finishing up Episode 3.

The cast seem generally fun so far (I dig Jang Dong Min's vibe especially in The Jury Game) but it is kind of disappointing to have a whole Main Game that went pretty straightforward with no twists (the Middle Race Game). I want to see blowouts! Would love to see another Open, Pass moment

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I think you will not be (entirely) disappointed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's good to hear, the game design is pretty cool (Sword and Shield seems like it would be fun to play).

The other shame is that the women on the cast this season seem markedly dumber or mostly passive (Kim Kyungran was my second favorite cast member :allears: )

Edit: Nam Hweejong is an idiot. Jang Dongmin woulda won it for them

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 26, 2020

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A friend started watching The Genius and it reminded me that I only saw two seasons, so I started watching the third and am just finishing up Episode 3.

The cast seem generally fun so far (I dig Jang Dong Min's vibe especially in The Jury Game) but it is kind of disappointing to have a whole Main Game that went pretty straightforward with no twists (the Middle Race Game). I want to see blowouts! Would love to see another Open, Pass moment

Season 3 is great, and the All-Star season after it is also fantastic.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Mining Game was pretty good, that's the kind of alliance-making and game-solving I want to see.

But also lol

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The other shame is that the women on the cast this season seem markedly dumber or mostly passive

Punting hard on a deathmatch didn't really help this trend. I look forward to Dongmin's vendetta though

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 28, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stock Market was great. Cool alliance and working the rules.

The Constellation Game was eh, another one that was just about straightforward power plays. Dongmin continues to be the only one worth watching ("I learned janggi before I even learned to write") and the women are even worse?

That Memory Black Mission would have destroyed me

Edit: lol I just read how the producers had built in a secret Open, Pass-style trick to the Constellation Game but no one picked up on it, I wonder how that would have played out

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 28, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

pokeyman posted:

I think you will not be (entirely) disappointed.

OK after episode 8... eh. Too many episodes have just been about forming alliances and locking people out without any shake-ups. Dongmin and Hyunmin have been good to watch but it is really dragged down by the producers casting dumb women on purpose?!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
My memory is hazy but yeah I was thinking of Dongmin and his play in e.g. Mining Game. The "entirely" part is because he could probably do just as well without uniquely solid play. Open, Pass is so great partly because Jinho was alone off in the wilderness, then rides in to steal the show. Dongmin is rarely alone in the wilderness.

I should start a rewatch. Miss this show so much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Middle Race redux: I was going to say that this was another straightforward steamroll (and also starting to doubt Dongmin's prowess as he's been getting consistently hemmed in) but Hyunmin with the save was very good. Also Yoohyun getting blown out by picking who he thought would be the weaker opponent was a plus

The guests in the following episode make me think the last part of the season might be amazing though

:supaburn:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So far Chain Auction is the best episode in Genius S3.

Hyunmin finding the skeleton key in the game rules... but still losing to Jinho who barely expended any effort to destroy everyone.

Dongmin nearly salvaging it through diplomacy but getting betrayed and nearly losing only to pull things out in the deathmatch through big bluff mindgame energy