Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what did space flower mean by this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That pedobait is bad civilization I assume

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Endorph posted:

only if she does the jaguar kick

I don't know if she can Jaguar kick, but she sure is Jaguar Dynamite.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

A Single Sphink posted:

I'm gonna stroll in here like a simpleton and say I like Quetzalcoatl because she likes lucha libre and does solar ax kicks.

:hmmyes: This is the correct reaction to Quetzalcoatl.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

what did space flower mean by this
I don't know but that seems like an extremely AV-worthy image.

Rody One Half posted:

That pedobait is bad civilization I assume
But is probably this.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i was literally introduced to this stuff by FGO when it came out in NA and friends were playing it. then people brought up the anime so I got my hands on UBW and began watching it. then halfway through i was told 'wait gently caress no watch Zero first' so i did that. then when I finished that I finished the second half of UBW. then right about that time the Apocrypha anime was coming out so I saw that too

idk i think essentially you can do whatever you want cause I turned out fine. i sorta feel like this ain't friendly to the crowd that detests spoilers because so much stuff is interconnected that eventually you're just gonna like, Get Told Ahead Of Time on something

like, do you know who Gilgamesh is? cool that's already a spoiler for the VN i'm pretty sure, even though this fancy golden jerk basically loudly proclaims who he is in the first second of every other thing Nasu has written

the important part is that Quetzalcoatl rules, yes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think Gil tries to hide his identity in FSN. It's basically just the women and Archer who do.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

In short: If you absolutely want to preserve the Original Experience then you should play the VN before doing anything else. Or you could be gay and watch the stuff you want in any order like a criminal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think Gil tries to hide his identity in FSN. It's basically just the women and Archer who do.

Women do be like that

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

IIRC Cu doesn’t reveal his identity up front either, though he yells about Gae Bolg so much that it makes it pretty obvious who he is.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah and Saber immediately identifies him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Argas posted:

In short: If you absolutely want to preserve the Original Experience then you should play the VN before doing anything else. Or you could be gay and watch the stuff you want in any order like a criminal.

or you could be gay and watch the VN before doing anything else

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No matter what you do, be gay

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I don't think Gil is physically capable of not announcing who he is and how he's so loving awesome to literally every person he meets.

Archer!Gil that is, Caster!Gil is still a colossal douche but he seems to have at least mellowed out a bit.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, the twist with Gil in the Fate route isn't his identity, it's the fact that he's present at all.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bloody Pom posted:

Caster!Gil is still a colossal douche but he seems to have at least mellowed out a bit.

like .5% douche, everything jerkish he says is just putting on airs—he has no actual dick moves to back it up. we call that tsundere

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just read the vn it's about as long as breaking bad but it's also about the same level of quality

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You can go in any spinoff of the franchise if you completed the VN. It also covers hidden character traits like Medea is actually going pacifist unless you really pissed her off and try to kill her.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

just read the vn it's about as long as breaking bad but it's also about the same level of quality
That's just unfair to Fate/Stay Night.

Better Call Saul is way better, imho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is this some weird type moon anti breaking bad meme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I think people sometimes have these things called 'opinions', such as not liking breaking bad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's less :argh: "Breaking Bad sucks! It sucks!" and more that everyone and their dog was on my case about not watching the show that, when I finally sat down to watch the show a little before the actual final season was airing, and I was like, "Oh hey! It's good!". But since I wasn't all :worship: "In this house we stan for Walter White!", then yeah, I was like whatever on the show after it ended. Like I'm not "It's absolute tripe that doesn't deserve squat!". It just wasn't my bag.

On the other hand, I got into F/SN early by sheer coincidence. Back then, I was obsessed with Sakura Wars and I had all 4 games that were released on the Dreamcast. The timing was good enough that I got into the 2006 anime as it got weekly or bi-weekly fansubs so I watched it as it was getting subbed in Spanish, and while it wasn't like "gently caress yeah! This is my jam!", it was entertaining enough that when a friend/former classmate (the same person that sold me her dreamcast + games so that she could keep a roof above her head) was all "You know, the Visual Novel is way better", so I played/read through that when I borrowed her copy and sure enough, I got hooked.

Also it's probably worth mentioning the differences that with F/SN it was that one friend + her girlfriend telling me "poo poo's off the hook, homeslice!" when I was in my early 20's and finally getting out of a crappy financial situation vs a crap-ton of people just telling me "Watch Breaking Bad" for 2+ years and being on my mid-to-late 20's and just wanting to be done with that loving job.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tae posted:

im glad f/sn is less sexist then breaking bad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I got halfway through breaking Bad and then some bad stuff happened in my life and I didn't really want to take in more of such a dark show and I just never got back to it.

Still totally clean on it and better call though so I could theoretically go back.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tae posted:

no its just i had breaking bads run time in my head

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I would summon an Alter Ego class Heisenberg in FGO tbh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should put Archer in smash.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you sick and tired of all the sword guys? here's a dude with TWO swords

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
does it really count as a sword guy if he has two short swords and all his specials are arrows?

Actually Archer shouldn't get in because he's basically just edgy Pit, and there's arleady one of those

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah but his music is cooler

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

saber for smash

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

smash is for good boys and girls only

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm glad stair is barred from playing smash

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Mash for Smash.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Medea for Smash.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gilgamesh is going to get in so he can reclaim all of the anime swords that have been stolen from him.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Gilgamesh is going to get in so he can reclaim all of the anime swords that have been stolen from him.
Naga is gonna be so mad, though.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

saber for smash

:yeah:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Smashtolfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in al pacino voice* don't mind if i I do!!!