Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh hell yeah, people are horny already for the new monster movie

https://twitter.com/MineDoo_/status/1232811417109237760?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm confused. Not because people are horny for the monster, but because they're horny for the fat wreck it ralph monster but not the body builder shark with the tentacle hands

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

I'm confused. Not because people are horny for the monster, but because they're horny for the fat wreck it ralph monster but not the body builder shark with the tentacle hands

Yeah, frankly that guy seems like the hotter monster.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
there is a 100% overlap between furries horny for the dad bod kaiju and furries horny for bowser

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

honestly when the trailer first got posted itt i assumed the shark one was going to be the big deal

this is otherwise not very surprising though

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rumble is produced by ralph bakshi's son lmao

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha sorry almost went into another history rant there, i keep forgetting this isn't the thread

the chaks are back

hallelujah fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 27, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Americas thirst for Dad Bods continues at an unsustainable rate. We will run out of Dad Bods by 2025 and become dependent on foreign Dad Bod cartels

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

hallelujah posted:

haha sorry almost went into another history rant there, i keep forgetting this isn't the thread

the chaks are back

Wait what IS the thread for that because now I'm interested. I didn't know that Ralph Bakshi had living relatives, if I'm being 100% honest.

Also, Dad Bods are great.

Barudak posted:

Americas thirst for Dad Bods continues at an unsustainable rate. We will run out of Dad Bods by 2025 and become dependent on foreign Dad Bod cartels

I refuse to believe America will ever run out of Dad Bods. :v: Not with the huge portion sizes and calories we have here.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I prefer bigger softer guys, not really into thin/slim or cut muscular look

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

so the big dadbod dude is voiced by Will Arnett, which makes total sense that he should voice another monster after Bojack ended

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Franchescanado posted:

Recently rewatched An Extremely Goofy Movie after 15 years or so of not seeing it, and there's a lot of animator fetishes being fueled by all the dog women.

Also, what's the explanation for the shading differences between A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie?

A Goofy Movie looks like a standard Disney film, but Extremely has every character being backlit despite the light source of the scene? So everyone looks shiny? But also flat?

Goofy:

Extremely:

Both were made by Disney's secondary animation studios and not the main one, but the quality drop is crazy.

There's a couple of movies Disney did around that era (the ones that come to mind first are the Fox and the Hound and Bambi's scratch that I misremembered a scene that actually supposed to be backlit as the whole movie midquels) that had the same weird backlit effect, I guess it was just the style of the time? Maybe it was cheaper somehow or they were experimenting with CG colouring in 2D features.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 27, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The backlit look is artistically worse but makes me feel less like I have depression so I like it more.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
speaking of the blessed chaks, i have finished my livewatch of wizards (1977)

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

What did happen to Max's mum?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

bitterandtwisted posted:

What did happen to Max's mum?
you're not allowed to talk about missing/dead moms in disney movies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

We know a lot about Padme though

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Captain Invictus posted:

At Hollywood Studios, there’s a frozen stage show where the framing device is “Arendelle’s story tellers telling the story of Frozen.” When the parents die, one of them goes “dead parents? What is this, Bambi? Or lion king? Or finding Nemo or Cinderella or Lilo and Stitch or Tarzan?”

The level of self awareness in WIR2 was probably too much for me, but that got a sensible chuckle out of me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Barudak posted:

We know a lot about Padme though
ok (unless the plot is explicitly about the dead mom or the mom is alive and then dies during the movie) you're not allowed to talk about dead/missing moms in disney movies

Boxman posted:

At Hollywood Studios, there’s a frozen stage show where the framing device is “Arendelle’s story tellers telling the story of Frozen.” When the parents die, one of them goes “dead parents? What is this, Bambi? Or lion king? Or finding Nemo or Cinderella or Lilo and Stitch or Tarzan?”

The level of self awareness in WIR2 was probably too much for me, but that got a sensible chuckle out of me.
lol drat

edit: is your avatar two eyes, a mouth, and tentacle danglies or two eyes, nostrils, and like, a moustache or weird tendril-ey mouf

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 27, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: is your avatar two eyes, a mouth, and tentacle danglies or two eyes, nostrils, and like, a moustache or weird tendril-ey mouf

I think it's Doctor Facilier's face paint.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aha, I never saw Princess and the Frog, that came out in a gap I wasn't watching...anything, really.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm almost sure in Goof Troop it was mentioned in passing that Max's mother died when Max was pretty young, but in a roundabout away

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

YggiDee posted:

I think it's Doctor Facilier's face paint.

This is it. It’s from the last shot of Friends on the Other Side when he blows out the lights.

Also re: dead parents. I was watching Aladdin and the Forty Thieves the other day (thanks Disney+) and I was struck by the fact that the hook of the movie makes a bit more sense knowing what was on the cutting room floor of Aladdin. Him instantly going “oh poo poo I can ask about my dad” links up with the dead mom plot beat from the initial draft/the musical. With just the movies to go on, it’s a little odd his mom just doesn’t come up.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Captain Invictus posted:

aha, I never saw Princess and the Frog, that came out in a gap I wasn't watching...anything, really.

Please watch it soon, it’s absolutely charming and fun with fantastic sidekick characters and a nice story and beautiful animation and good songs and everything about it is great.

My top 5 WDAS movies by the way would probably be:
1. Lion King
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Zootopia
4. Princess and the Frog
5. Moana

Don’t @ me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Princess and the Frog is a film I am contractually obligated to love even if huge swaths of the film are "fine" at best and the animation is showy but outside of Friends on the Other Side doesnt feel impressive if that makes sense.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I only recently saw it and it's definitely very good, kind of hard to objectively judge it against my favorites from childhood, but it's good. I think with a few tweaks it would be up there. There's a vague sense of everyone involved being a little bit rusty and not being able to give 100%. Randy Newman was not a bad choice for the songs since he has some New Orleans connections, but the arrangements feel "small". I also don't really care for Tiana's singing voice, it feels too clean and mature (not that Belle and Ariel were exactly youthful, maybe the style was a better fit though). But it's still at least as good as something like Lady and the Tramp, I'd say. I also appreciate the setting, which feels very authentic... based on the one time I went to NOLA, so I guess that has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it seemed pretty legit...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I've heard it's real good, and I've seen clips that showcase the incredible animation, I just don't really watch movies outside the theater anymore, don't have a whole lot of time these days. On the list it goes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The animation on the tentacle shark is very cool. The design for main orange monster is loving boring. Neither is hot however the shark is ripped, which traditionally

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I was watching Toy Story 4 for the second time since the theater viewing.

Why did they give Buzz the case of the stupids for this movie? it's really jarring.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Pixeltendo posted:

Why did they give Buzz the case of the stupids for this movie? it's really jarring.

So they can sell Toy Story 4 branded Buzz toys.

Though that didn't stop them with Barbie. Pretty sure she's not even in the movie (probably in the background somewhere) but she still gets TS4 toys.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Pixeltendo posted:

They didn't know what to do with him, like with most of the cast.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

Recently rewatched An Extremely Goofy Movie after 15 years or so of not seeing it, and there's a lot of animator fetishes being fueled by all the dog women.

Also, what's the explanation for the shading differences between A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie?

A Goofy Movie looks like a standard Disney film, but Extremely has every character being backlit despite the light source of the scene? So everyone looks shiny? But also flat?

Goofy:

Extremely:

Both were made by Disney's secondary animation studios and not the main one, but the quality drop is crazy.

It looks like After Effects lighting, which is stupidly easy cheap to do. Basically you take a mask of the whole character, throw blurry directional lighting on the edges, and call it a day.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Megera posted:

It looks like After Effects lighting, which is stupidly easy cheap to do. Basically you take a mask of the whole character, throw blurry directional lighting on the edges, and call it a day.

Looks like they did that, and when it asked "what angle do you want the light to come from?" they just answered "yes".

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ghost sex posted:

there is a 100% overlap between furries horny for the dad bod kaiju and furries horny for bowser

We all know its true.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Pixeltendo posted:

less tim allen is good

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Franchescanado posted:

Popular belief is Peg divorced him and he took PJ and she took the daughter.

There’s a weird moment in Extremely where they queue up Goofy and Max to talk about Max’s mom and they kinda just end the scene instead.

I prefer them not talking about his mom. By Max’s age in the first movie it feels like a conversation that would’ve already happened when he was younger. Plus it allows the movie to focus on their relationship without distractions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hey, another gorgeously animated(mostly) music video featuring Dan Avidan from the Game Grumps, hell yeah. and it's cyberpunk furries, too. the design on the evil mafia reindeer being a cyborg body in a suit with a pyramid for a head that projects a majestic neon hologram head and antlers is extremely good

other parts are a bit silly like the wolf riding the bullet and some bits are a bit awkwardly animated but eh it's all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHe9lm5vUE&hd=1

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

oh hey, another gorgeously animated(mostly) music video featuring Dan Avidan from the Game Grumps, hell yeah. and it's cyberpunk furries, too. the design on the evil mafia reindeer being a cyborg body in a suit with a pyramid for a head that projects a majestic neon hologram head and antlers is extremely good

other parts are a bit silly like the wolf riding the bullet and some bits are a bit awkwardly animated but eh it's all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHe9lm5vUE&hd=1

I'm really digging the resurgence of the 80's animation aesthetic, but polished and modernized, to go with the sick synthwave.
Though I'm not sure if electronica and furries have some kind of overlap, after this and the Lone Digger video.

Edit: I kinda thought he was going to tear his shirt off while drama-riding the bullet to show his broken heart before plunging into the cyber-stag's heart.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 28, 2020

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1233260590954622977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Maggie's what, 32 by now?