Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Adnor posted:

Chances Sam changes costume after the spell is done?

Very high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nice trick with the inset.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NEW ACCENT

Okay he got me.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Nice trick with the inset.

the veth art looks more like she'll kill you than nott did

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Go fanart go with that kiss

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
I'll miss Nott's design, but this is adorable.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
This is surreal, I didn't realize how attached I was to Nott the Gobbo

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

dazoner posted:

This is surreal, I didn't realize how attached I was to Nott the Gobbo

there's plenty of time for the hag to realize she's been had and turn veth back into nott

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Reliable talent makes halfling luck even less useful, but being able to use Caduceus as a shield instead of a pinata should be good.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Wasn't their golem Adamantite? They're worth like 500,000gp lol.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Keru posted:

Wasn't their golem Adamantite? They're worth like 500,000gp lol.

lol, ah well. At least he got something for it...

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It is my favored terrain.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Old creep hitting on Yasha and Beau appears to be telling her to kill him

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
What the hell Sam?

Oh god drat Sam!

Edit: What the hell Liam?!

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 28, 2020

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

CHAOS COUCH.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
jesus they are just crushing it at this party

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

oh my god the keystone cops of Beau and Fjord.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

in 2015 if you would have told me that the greatest comedy duo of the 21st century would be travis willingham and marisha ray I would have said "who?"

But damned if this isn't some of the finest work that's ever come out of this show.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Like Yasha's mom always said. Never trust floaty hot boys

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
holy poo poo Caleb

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 28, 2020

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

In between the live posting, update: the exodus has already begun. Lot of people I talked with waiting for a ride home said even if it had started an hour late, they could make it through, but a 9:45 start of the show proper was just brutal.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/theladytiefling/status/1233293327799377920

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this is a good episode, holy poo poo

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ashley really shines at live shows.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Welcome to the Mighty Nein

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

DarklyDreaming posted:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I can't believe the venue let them go on for that long.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

DarklyDreaming posted:

He'll fit right in

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Keru posted:

I can't believe the venue let them go on for that long.

It sounds like the Venue hosed up.

It was probably a make good.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

The venue absolutely hosed up in the sense that they were 100% not prepared for the scale of fans.

Eta: THAT SAID... You could have heard a pin drop when Veth emerged. Mercer is just as good in a theater of ~3800 as he is in studio.

Mirotic fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 28, 2020

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Dexo posted:

It sounds like the Venue hosed up.

It was probably a make good.

Yeah when ticketing/seating takes that long, venue's pretty much the only entity you can blame for that.

I idly checked on the tickets about two weeks before today and they were sold out, so I guess someone just didn't prepare the infrastructure right for an actual sellout, whether that was ushering people to seats or processing the tickets themselves.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
This didn't feel like it was going to be a combat episode, so I'm glad it wasn't kinda shoehorned in just because there was a live audience.

I am a little annoyed Caleb (or anyone else) didn't suggest sharing the new spell he co-authored with Yussa. Feels like that would have been gotten him something in return, even if it was just some good will from a mentor.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This episode gave me everything I could've wanted. Comedy, pathos, Sam being as Sam as he can be, and I can't wait for the fanart of Beau in that suit.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I think a large part of what made last night's episode so good was Essek being nervous at seeing the Nein there because he 1) liked them and thought of them as friends and 2) knew they could be surprisingly competent, only for the Nein to prove him 100% correct.

I'm just still in awe that they chaos crewed their way through abducting him (mostly) without issue, and then through a combination of compassion and intimidation fully won him over to their side.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It is really amazing how the Nein are like better people than Vox Machina but yet still oh so much worse.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I think a large part of what made last night's episode so good was Essek being nervous at seeing the Nein there because he 1) liked them and thought of them as friends and 2) knew they could be surprisingly competent, only for the Nein to prove him 100% correct.

I'm just still in awe that they chaos crewed their way through abducting him (mostly) without issue, and then through a combination of compassion and intimidation fully won him over to their side.

gotta give huge credit to Mercer (and Laura/Liam in particular) for how the entire Essek arc has played out: the characters took an extraordinary number of risks, in the sense of risking being honest and vulnerable, and they're being rewarded for it but only because they've all grown so much (both as characters and as players).

that encounter could've gone so many different ways, but it being resolved by winning him to their side with friendship and forgiveness... actually felt earned

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Pretty shocked that no zone of truth was involved in any of that either. I don't think it's likely, but Essek could know about another plot or be planning to betray them the first chance he gets, and they can't really know for sure stuff like that's off the table without having a truth compulsion in effect. Not casting it does mean one fewer chance for me to get just that little bit peeved that they treat it as a one off save and not a constant effect.

Based on the dunamantic feats and level of Essek I also was really picturing him blowing up the Ball Eater and the M9 with some crazy black hole spell, feeling that he had no other option.

It's also a really fun turn that the peace talks have seemingly turned into "they're getting back the proper beacon, lets have actual peace" and the stakes have changed from them needing to take action to make the peace talks stick to them needing to keep quiet what they know and let the bad guys get away with starting a war, because otherwise Essek's totally screwed. Next arc after the peace summit and travelercon seems like it could be covert ops against the Cerberus people who started the war while trying to keep Essek from being exposed, which I'm certainly game for.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

NowonSA posted:

Pretty shocked that no zone of truth was involved in any of that either. I don't think it's likely, but Essek could know about another plot or be planning to betray them the first chance he gets, and they can't really know for sure stuff like that's off the table without having a truth compulsion in effect. Not casting it does mean one fewer chance for me to get just that little bit peeved that they treat it as a one off save and not a constant effect.

I'm honestly glad they didn't use zone of truth. While it's a really useful spell, it kind of spoils the whole "we're your friends and this is an intervention" mood the scene had going if they try to magically compel him to speak.

Now later on if they want to go "ok, let's lay all the cards on the table" and ask him to submit to zone of truth as a way to help rebuild trust, that would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Im weeks behind just getting through episode 93 and if you want to see something fun watch from 3 hours 7 minutes and only look at Laura for the next few minutes. She's planning and taking out notes and getting ready and seeing if the idea will work.