Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
The first service that came to my mind was Mint Mobile. They use TMobile's towers too if I remember correctly.
https://www.mintmobile.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BonHair posted:

I just managed to crack the screen on my Motorola G6, and I'm slowly looking for a replacement. Reading backwards in the thread, it seems Nokia 6.2 or 7.2 is the recommended option, is that still right?

I use it for music, podcasts, maps, browsing and games, but I don't really care for cameras, and I don't need anything fancy, except a headphone jack and preferably fingerprint reader. I prefer less bloat, but I don't mind ignoring useless apps really. If possible, wallet case support would be good.

Also I have zero clue about the differences between the various amounts of ram, what's the short version of what I need? And what's the advantage of 7.2 over 6.2?

If it makes a difference, I'm in Denmark, and I have a plan, but I'm not married to it. I do however seem to break my phone once per year...

Quoting myself because no one replied. Surely someone knows what lower mid tier phone is worth recommending at the moment?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

BonHair posted:

Quoting myself because no one replied. Surely someone knows what lower mid tier phone is worth recommending at the moment?

I would (and did) take the Nokia over the G7, the Pixel 3a is supposed to be better if it's in your budget (though maybe it had a bad camera? I don't remember right now). But all my phone research was 8 months ago. As phones in this range generally don't even come to America I would be surprised if so.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ItBreathes posted:

I would (and did) take the Nokia over the G7, the Pixel 3a is supposed to be better if it's in your budget (though maybe it had a bad camera? I don't remember right now). But all my phone research was 8 months ago. As phones in this range generally don't even come to America I would be surprised if so.

The Pixel 3a has one of the best cameras in the industry but OP specifically said they didn't care about that. I don't know enough about the Nokias to answer the OP's question about them, however. I know there's one Nokia that really sucks, all the others are pretty good. As for RAM I'd want at least 4GB.

It's hard for us to answer because the US doesn't get any low-end phones and that's where most of us are. Also we get next to zero Chinaphones, which occupy that space for Europe.

Off the cuff I'd say get a Pixel 3a if you can afford it or the Nokia you like the best.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I left out the part of that sentence where I meant to say there might have been better phones released in the interim, somehow. I hope it was obvious as to what was supposed to be there.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Also are there still no phones with good specs and small screen? I'll rather have a thicker phone with smaller screen, but also don't want one with bad performance.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

nielsm posted:

Also are there still no phones with good specs and small screen? I'll rather have a thicker phone with smaller screen, but also don't want one with bad performance.

No, small phones don’t sell well so they stopped putting good processors and the like in them. Closest to a small phone is the iPhone 11 Pro. Great phone obviously, but still bigger than a traditional “small phone.”

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I think I wanted to get a Pixel 3a, because I'd like a phone with a very good camera but nothing else is all that important to me so long as it works fine. However, it doesn't seem like it's possible to buy it in this country (Vietnam)

What's the next best thing (in terms of camera and being all around decent phone) at a similar price? I've also been looking at the Xaomi Mi 9T Pro, which seems very good all around but lacking the camera quality of the Pixel

Paperhouse fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 11, 2020

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Country/Provider: USA/T-Mobile

Current contract status: enrolled in a family plan

Budget (phone/plan): $1000 (phone only)

Features I know I want: at least equivalent to the Galaxy 9

So I was stupid and left my phone in an uber a couple of days ago while visiting a foreign country. Uber is a poo poo company and is 0 help in getting my phone back so I am chalking it up for a loss. Good news I guess is that the phone was all paid off on my current plan and the battery was starting to suck, so I probably needed to replace it relatively soon anyway. Phone was a Samsung Galaxy 9..

Question is 2 parts. First is that I haven't been looking into phones at all lately, but I know the Galaxy 20 is coming out in about 2 weeks. I am wondering if it will be worth waiting for that or if I should get the Galaxy 10 or perhaps the latest Pixel or something else. I don't really care that the Galaxy 20 is G5, but I do wonder if the other features are a big enough jump from the 10 (should that be my alternate) that I should wait and get the 20.

Second is if I do need to wait a couple weeks, is anyone aware of any service or plan or anything that I could use as a stop gap so I don't have to go without a phone at all for a couple of weeks? Are phone rentals a thing, for example?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nesbit37 posted:

Country/Provider: USA/T-Mobile

Current contract status: enrolled in a family plan

Budget (phone/plan): $1000 (phone only)

Features I know I want: at least equivalent to the Galaxy 9

So I was stupid and left my phone in an uber a couple of days ago while visiting a foreign country. Uber is a poo poo company and is 0 help in getting my phone back so I am chalking it up for a loss. Good news I guess is that the phone was all paid off on my current plan and the battery was starting to suck, so I probably needed to replace it relatively soon anyway. Phone was a Samsung Galaxy 9..

Question is 2 parts. First is that I haven't been looking into phones at all lately, but I know the Galaxy 20 is coming out in about 2 weeks. I am wondering if it will be worth waiting for that or if I should get the Galaxy 10 or perhaps the latest Pixel or something else. I don't really care that the Galaxy 20 is G5, but I do wonder if the other features are a big enough jump from the 10 (should that be my alternate) that I should wait and get the 20.

Second is if I do need to wait a couple weeks, is anyone aware of any service or plan or anything that I could use as a stop gap so I don't have to go without a phone at all for a couple of weeks? Are phone rentals a thing, for example?

Phone rentals unfortunately are not a thing. Was never really sustainable and people never want to return loaner phones.

Swappa.com at a glance has cheaply Samsung phones for $40-80, so depending on your preference that’s essentially what a loaner phone cost. You could also post on Facebook, there’s usually someone who just hoards their old phones , so maybe a loaner via a friend.

That said, if you’re fine with $1,000ish, it depends on price vs features. The S10/10+ just went down in price, so it’s either save $200 for last years phone, or spend regular value for brand new phone.

Reviews for the S20 aren’t out yet. In theory it’s the same as normal, faster, big camera updates, better screen, etc. honestly, if you are going Samsung I would say might as well get the latest vs only one year of support left on a S10.

Pixel 4 has bad reviews, so a lot of people are staying away from it. The pixel 3 is similar to the S10 in that it dropped in price, so decent value for the savings.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Thinking about upgrading my S8+ on Verizon to an S20 Ultra. Looks like if I pre-order at Costco I'll get $200 in Samsung credit. Any better deals to be had out there?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I need four iPhone 11s on ATT or Verizon. Buying outright in USA... Any deals now, or guesses on when the next one will be?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CloFan posted:

I need four iPhone 11s on ATT or Verizon. Buying outright in USA... Any deals now, or guesses on when the next one will be?

Well, no one will give you deals on buying outright.

Carrier perspective: why give an outright discount when you can cut and run in a month (say what you will, when they used to offer outright discounts I saw it happen a lot).

So, Verizon and ATT tend to have a BOGO on a rotating basis, which is a bill credit for the free/discounted phone over two years, and/or a switcher prepaid gift card of $150-200 as well.

So the question is a bit more your time frame and what exactly you need. Myself, i can give you very exact Verizon promo and plan stuff, so if you need that feel free to PM.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm in the UK and currently looking at the Samsung Galaxy A51 - I can get 10% or more off Samsung devices through my work discount scheme, so is there any other comparable phone that I'd be better off switching to? It pretty much ticks every box I want - big notch screen, reasonably good camera, NFC and fingerprint login. I'm not that fussed about lightning fast performance tbh.

[edit] Deleted the bit about my old phone sucking poo poo after I got it working properly again with a factory reset.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 28, 2020

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Well, no one will give you deals on buying outright.

Carrier perspective: why give an outright discount when you can cut and run in a month (say what you will, when they used to offer outright discounts I saw it happen a lot).

So, Verizon and ATT tend to have a BOGO on a rotating basis, which is a bill credit for the free/discounted phone over two years, and/or a switcher prepaid gift card of $150-200 as well.

So the question is a bit more your time frame and what exactly you need. Myself, i can give you very exact Verizon promo and plan stuff, so if you need that feel free to PM.

That's a good point. Thanks! I'm not necessarily against paying it out, as long as there's no finance charge or anything. It just seems simpler to buy a phone and pay for service, rather than combining them... I'm sure that's just my aversion to debt talking.

I'll be PMing you!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Typically BOGO offers work such that you pay monthly for the phone at 0%, and they put a credit on your account monthly equal to the payment, but if you pay off the phone early, you lose the credit.

Personally, I have no problem taking a 0% loan on something I could pay for out of pocket, but I certainly understand your aversion to debt.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I have a friend who is staying with his grandma for a month and needs internet. Do prepaid plans let you hotspot? What's a good provider for one month that won't be crazy expensive? Is there a better option I'm not thinking of? I know that t-mobile gets reception at his grandparent's place if that matters.

Txt and voice don't matter because he has a cell phone. He just needs data for like Diablo 3. He can't use his actual cellphone because it doesn't have hotspot and he's not in charge of the plan (it's his dad's plan and he hasn't changed it in like 2 decades because "that's how they get ya")

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RodShaft posted:

I have a friend who is staying with his grandma for a month and needs internet. Do prepaid plans let you hotspot? What's a good provider for one month that won't be crazy expensive? Is there a better option I'm not thinking of? I know that t-mobile gets reception at his grandparent's place if that matters.

Txt and voice don't matter because he has a cell phone. He just needs data for like Diablo 3. He can't use his actual cellphone because it doesn't have hotspot and he's not in charge of the plan (it's his dad's plan and he hasn't changed it in like 2 decades because "that's how they get ya")

There are prepaid plans that let you hotspot, but it’s very difficult finding reasonable data caps unfortunately. Verizon for instance is $70 for 30GB of hotspot. Not sure on T-Mobile, but probably a similar cap or soft cap.

That said, 4G latency still isn’t quite there for gaming, so honestly, if the biggest thing is gaming, beyond the fact that it’ll chew the low dats caps quickly, I don’t think it would be a amazing gaming experience, probably some lag for sure. In addition, prepaid tends to get a lower priority than postpaid, so the data speeds will be slightly slower anyway.

The only good home internet option is cable , and yes unfortunately that option sucks in the US on price, contract requirements and availability/options. 5G will hopefully add as an option, but that’s at least 2-3 years away.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Duckman2008 posted:

There are prepaid plans that let you hotspot, but it’s very difficult finding reasonable data caps unfortunately. Verizon for instance is $70 for 30GB of hotspot. Not sure on T-Mobile, but probably a similar cap or soft cap.

That said, 4G latency still isn’t quite there for gaming, so honestly, if the biggest thing is gaming, beyond the fact that it’ll chew the low dats caps quickly, I don’t think it would be a amazing gaming experience, probably some lag for sure. In addition, prepaid tends to get a lower priority than postpaid, so the data speeds will be slightly slower anyway.

The only good home internet option is cable , and yes unfortunately that option sucks in the US on price, contract requirements and availability/options. 5G will hopefully add as an option, but that’s at least 2-3 years away.

Thanks. It's 99% for Doom 3 on the switch I believe everything is handled console side unlike the computer version so latency shouldn't be a killer. He's been playing in handheld mode on public WiFi and it's been survivable so I can't imagine it'd be worse than that. Hell he can run to the library for updates and whatnot if data looks like it's gonna be an issue. My library rents out hotspots. Too bad there's nothing like that around him.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I see the Galaxy s10 is available from Frys for $500 so that's the same price as the OnePlus 7T. Any opinions between those? I'd be coming from an AT&T S8+ that seems to have had the antenna fried by this most recent security update.

The comparison reviews I've seen between the two say the S10 is a bit better but at the time of the article, cost at least $150 more. Not the case now obviously.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Hey all, my phone is starting to show some wear- running into storage limitations, battery life issues, etc. Trying to decide whether it’s time to upgrade or just buy a new battery and deal with actively managing my storage space. Currently using an iPhone 6S and have been pretty happy with it. Really liked the smaller size of my old iPhone 5S, but I’m not sure if there’s anything that small on the market anymore.

Country/Provider: US, Sprint

Current contract status: phone paid off but would prefer to stay with current carrier

Budget (phone/plan): <$1k. I treat my phone well and keep it a while, so I’m willing to pay more for something that holds up well

Features I know I want: Good camera, solid build and durability, on the smaller side. The ability to get a new battery/replacement parts in a couple years. I’ve liked my iPhones, honestly, but don’t have a good sense for the newer generations and whether they’d be worth the money. I’m open to other brands, but I don’t want to have to customize much to get a lot from it. Any suggestions?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Country - UK

Provider - currently with 3, looking to move as their signal sucks in Glasgow.
Likely to Vodafone or o2, not a fan of EE. May accept MVNO on VF or o2.

Budget - probably no more than £50 a month, with maybe £100 upfront.

Features - OLED and wireless charging.

I'm on the Razer phone just now, and had an LG G4 before that, but honestly I miss my Note 3, and I think the main reason is the AMOLED screen.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Hey guys. Girlfriend's phone is shockingly bad. It's time to get her a new one. What's the best budget / midrange smartphone out there?

She's not too fussed with bells and whistles, we just want something that works well and has a decent camera.

We live in Bulgaria, but can have it sent to the UK no problem, from Amazon, Argos or whatever.

Country/Provider: UK /BG

Current contract status: None

Budget (phone/plan): We will buy the phone outright. Let's say not more than 200GBP.

Features I know I want: Just an all-rounder really.

So far, i've looked at Xiaomi Redmi note 8 , Galaxy M20. Are there any other 'go-to' midrange / budget phones out there?

henpod fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 4, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Quick question. My wife's work is no longer allowing her to access her work email without installing device management software on her personal phone, which she is firmly opposed to. They're also not supplying her with a business phone. What's the best way to get a bare bones smartphone capable of running their device management app for email without having to shell out lots of $$$, ideally without having to pay for an additional line on our contract?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I would have your wife tell her work that she then won't be checking her email away from work. :colbert:

Otherwise, whatever sub-$100 a-series from Samsung or $50 prepaid special at Walmart.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

Quick question. My wife's work is no longer allowing her to access her work email without installing device management software on her personal phone, which she is firmly opposed to. They're also not supplying her with a business phone. What's the best way to get a bare bones smartphone capable of running their device management app for email without having to shell out lots of $$$, ideally without having to pay for an additional line on our contract?

Yeah, that’s kind of hosed up. They aren’t even giving a stipend ?

See if you can add a line for $20ish a month on your family plan, and then find a cheapo android phone on swapping.com

Edit: yup, swappa.com

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 8, 2020

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, that’s kind of hosed up. They aren’t even giving a stipend ?

See if you can add a line for $20ish a month on your family plan, and then find a cheapo android phone on swapping.com

I think you mean swappa.com.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

I've got Verizon right now, paying $50 a month, but open to changing plans if there is something cheaper out there. Currently using an iPhone 6S which I have no complaints about, other than the battery dying very quickly. A bit disillusioned with Apple at this point, and I want a headphone port, so probably gonna go with an Android phone

Country/Provider: USA/Verizon but considering changing

Current contract status: month to month

Budget (phone/plan): $600/$50 a month

Features I know I want: good battery life, good camera, headphone port, preferably not too big, not loaded down with lovely 3rd party software, if android receive updates quickly

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
This may be the wrong thread, but is there a way to look up a device's IMEI if you don't physically have it? I'm in Asia and want to get a GSM phone here before going back to the US but before investing in one the carriers need to IMEI check to see network compatibility.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Someone will have to find the IMEI on the device. Either in the software, or printed on a label on the device itself, or a label on the box.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Springfield Fatts posted:

This may be the wrong thread, but is there a way to look up a device's IMEI if you don't physically have it? I'm in Asia and want to get a GSM phone here before going back to the US but before investing in one the carriers need to IMEI check to see network compatibility.

FYI it almost def will only work on networks that are ATT or TMobile. Still checking the LTE bands is a good idea. That said, you should be able to find it by just google searching the model number and then comparing to ATT and TMobile frequencies.

But yeah, I wouldn’t expect it to work on Verizon or Sprint at all. And even if they can do an “exception” or help programming, phone companies are all hands on deck on supporting the network , particularly for areas like hospitals, so Not the best time to get support on an issue like that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I currently have a Moto g6, and it's been mostly great but lately more and more applications have been unable to run on it due to its low specs, so I want to get something more high-end but know very little about phones - I'm much more of a PC person.

I'm currently on a verizon group plan with unlimited data, and we'll likely be remaining on this plan for quite a while so I'm fine with using their phone upgrade thing to get something more expensive.

Basically I want something that can both run newer software and games, and is fast. Budget isn't really an issue as long as it's available through Verizon (which afaik nearly all phones are) but it doesn't need to be the newest most shiny thing if something older will also work.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The Shortest Path posted:

I currently have a Moto g6, and it's been mostly great but lately more and more applications have been unable to run on it due to its low specs, so I want to get something more high-end but know very little about phones - I'm much more of a PC person.

I'm currently on a verizon group plan with unlimited data, and we'll likely be remaining on this plan for quite a while so I'm fine with using their phone upgrade thing to get something more expensive.

Basically I want something that can both run newer software and games, and is fast. Budget isn't really an issue as long as it's available through Verizon (which afaik nearly all phones are) but it doesn't need to be the newest most shiny thing if something older will also work.

Any mid-upper range phone made in the last 2 years will be fine. You can narrow down your options a bit if you can specify other things that might be important to you like your preferred screen size, how important the camera is, how much storage you need, and so on -- alternatively, get the nicest Samsung Galaxy within your budget and you'll be set.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Current Contract: I just pay monthly, the phone was bought separately

Budget: any

Features: I usually browse chrome, watch youtube and listen to podcasts

I currently have a three year old Samsung S6, but the battery's going to poo poo. There's like four newer versions now (7, 8, 9 and 10), is it worth getting a 10, or should I get an earlier version? What do the newer ones do that's actually worth the money? Does the battery last longer or shorter?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
I'm in the US, with a single line on verizon currently.

I'd like to get a mobile data plan for a computer with an add-in cell modem. Who has the best service/deal if I want unlimited data? Does the answer change if I want to really use a lot of data and not get throttled? I'd consider switching away from Verizon completely if that helps, or having an account with a different provider just for the computer.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

taqueso posted:

I'm in the US, with a single line on verizon currently.

I'd like to get a mobile data plan for a computer with an add-in cell modem. Who has the best service/deal if I want unlimited data? Does the answer change if I want to really use a lot of data and not get throttled? I'd consider switching away from Verizon completely if that helps, or having an account with a different provider just for the computer.

So, stuff can be changing rapidly because of carriers adjusting to work at home demands (similar to what you are asking for) so mileage will very.

Before Corona, my answer would be unfortunately no one offers unlimited mobile data via Hotspot. Unlimited for phone and tablet yes, but hotspot of any form gets throttled.

The standard hotspot caps were 15-30Gb of high speed data, then throttle to essentially DSL speed data.

I’m assuming you just need this for home use ? If so, first thing to do is see if you can qualify for T-Mobile home internet (i think it’s still in beta/trial).

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

At a glance, T-Mobile is like Verizon, they cap their mobile hotspot at about 22GB

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/mobile-internet-plans-for-hotspots

I’m assuming you do not have a cable provider in your area? As much as Comcast, Soectrum, etc suck, they’re gonna be the best option if available.

If you need me to look at your Verizon plan , feel free to post or PM me. The standard at home solution is 15GB mobile hotspot, 15GB phone hotspot for a total of 30GB. I believe the plans have been temporarily increased to 30GB each, but I am not back at work yet so I can’t confirm.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
Nah, my home internet is fine, this is for a mobile PC. Right now I can use the phone as a hotspot and it's fine mostly. But I was thinking about finding a way to keep internet access when I take the phone with me. That lead to 'what could I do if I had truly unlimited data?'

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I have a tmobile unlimited plan and I use that for home internet. It's not great but my data rolls over in 2 days and I'm at 95 gigs between two lines. 56 on my TV for streaming

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

taqueso posted:

Nah, my home internet is fine, this is for a mobile PC. Right now I can use the phone as a hotspot and it's fine mostly. But I was thinking about finding a way to keep internet access when I take the phone with me. That lead to 'what could I do if I had truly unlimited data?'

There is no mobile provider that offers "truly unlimited data," unless you're OK with very low speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
Currently have an iPhone SE, and the (original) battery is beginning to show its age, particularly when there's more than a bit of changes in temperature. Could be at 75% + and doesn't get used for a bit and there's a significant temperature drop, it'll shut down complaining it's almost out of juice.

I had thought of the SE 2, but who knows when that will actually make it over here to the states, with Covid straining the supply line everywhere currently.

That said, what would be a good recommendation to eventually move to? Can be either iOS or Android.

edit : If it helps, I am currently with Verizon, but am open to other carriers if there happens to be a decent deal for a 3-5gb/month plan.