Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

These new drop rates are wild. I’ve played semi regularly since launch and had zero of the non-quest exotics. In the last 7 days I’ve seen Chameleon, Sweet Dreams, the gloves and the knee pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Edit: Question answered in OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

whats warlock

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

You sign a pact with a powerful entity in exchange for powers. You only get two spell slots but recharge them on a short rest, plus a 1d10 cantrip is a nice bonus

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Everyone's favorite faction the Rikers are back! They aren't the same Rikers you remember though, after unearthing a strange obelisk hidden beneath the statue of liberty they have learned to harness dark energies and commune with eldritch beings, so don't expect them to be as easy as last time!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

whats warlock

Well generally speaking the Hand Held Supernova nerf has them a bit nettled.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

whats warlock
on sotg they mentioned that hunters would be in the open world, along with something new that's "not hunters." wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

whats warlock
Not much, what's warlock with you?

X13Fen posted:

Hopefully you're still reading the thread Hollandia. If you are, it's back to AUD$4.50 on the Uplay PC store!
Sick, cheers mate

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Hollandia posted:

About 3-4 pounds

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After playing around with Firewall some more this seems like another case of Gunner. You get some really good bonuses but the special weapon itself is pretty bad. Firewall really meshes well with a couple of my builds that rely on health regen, either through Clutch or On Kill, and an additional 30% health on kill on top of that really helps. That’s 80% health back per kill on my solo Berserk AR build (Restorative, 3 piece Fenris, Firewall bonus).

Too bad it all goes away after the weekend :v:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kibayasu posted:

After playing around with Firewall some more this seems like another case of Gunner. You get some really good bonuses but the special weapon itself is pretty bad. Firewall really meshes well with a couple of my builds that rely on health regen, either through Clutch or On Kill, and an additional 30% health on kill on top of that really helps. That’s 80% health back per kill on my solo Berserk AR build (Restorative, 3 piece Fenris, Firewall bonus).

Too bad it all goes away after the weekend :v:

So up to this point (Level 17) I’ve just been choosing my body equips by armor stat, keeping the highest number and getting rid of everything else. Am I loving things up or are you guys primarily talking about endgame stuff?

Estel
May 4, 2010
Endgame, don't worry about equipment until World Tier 5.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

So up to this point (Level 17) I’ve just been choosing my body equips by armor stat, keeping the highest number and getting rid of everything else. Am I loving things up or are you guys primarily talking about endgame stuff?

That was end game stuff, kind of. Specializations don’t unlock until you finish the Levels 1-30 story by beating the Capital stronghold. You aren’t quite at the end game immediately after that but it’s a “version” of the end game, in a sense.

In any case no you aren’t loving anything up and that’s exactly how you should be treating gear until you reach World Tier 5. If you have the expansion that will change next week but for now it applies.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hollandia posted:

it's cruelty and you cannot refine it

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Shoutout to ZombyDoc for being a cool and good goon. I hope you got that backpack you were after!

I ended up running the Arena Stronghold a bit later, and a pair of BTSU gloves dropped! Then clearing a Territory Control in an AR target loot area, the Chameleon dropped!

Good times

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow I completely dropped off the game, happy to see that there's an episode 3 and expansion coming out, looking forward to popping back into the game.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

X13Fen posted:

Shoutout to ZombyDoc for being a cool and good goon. I hope you got that backpack you were after!

I ended up running the Arena Stronghold a bit later, and a pair of BTSU gloves dropped! Then clearing a Territory Control in an AR target loot area, the Chameleon dropped!

Good times
No worries, I did find an ok Petrov backpack for my BTSU/Hardwired build so I ran around with a Pestilence for bit but then I found a Honey Badger with Spike and In Rythm so I'm back to a Fenris Backpack. I've grabbed myself a bunch of explosive resist defense mods ( [FDR]ZombyDog has downed [FDR]ZombyDog) but it's a squishier build than I'm comfortable with. But after Tuesday it won't matter amirite.

Nice work finding those gloves though, unless they get drastically changed after TU8 you should get some mileage out of them.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 29, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lazyhound posted:

Only SSE 4.2 matters. I have a Xeon X5690 and it ran fine for a couple of hours last night. The only people I noticed complaining about it were running AMD Phenoms, which lack both.

You can run this game on a decade-old processor like that or the Phenom?

I still haven't been able to beat the marauder boss fight on the pentagon mission. Is there a way to actually do appreciable damage to it? I noticed the assault turret whittles it down better than me actually shooting at it, but I'm still not making much progress.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think I'll just trash even my BTSU build and just slap together a high red/blue build with AR/SMG for the first few levels so it gets easier to just shoot stuff with whatever drop instead or trying to get skills working before level 40.

I'll vendor/destroy everything but exotics and start as clean as possible.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

I think I'll just trash even my BTSU build and just slap together a high red/blue build with AR/SMG for the first few levels so it gets easier to just shoot stuff with whatever drop instead or trying to get skills working before level 40.

It'll be absurdly easy to keep max skill tier on 31-40 (core attributes are set per brand) so that's what I'll do.

and once again: keep your best skill/gear mods

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

tweet my meat posted:

Everyone's favorite faction the Rikers are back! They aren't the same Rikers you remember though, after unearthing a strange obelisk hidden beneath the statue of liberty they have learned to harness dark energies and commune with eldritch beings, so don't expect them to be as easy as last time!
Yo don't joke about this; I would pre-order it.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
OK, Mall Security PC clan is a ghost town, who's got a few spots open for me and a couple friends?

edit: pi hard incoming :getin:

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 29, 2020

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Guillermus posted:

Yeah there’s a build with a handful of names I may put the last grins into so I can run some firewall going into the patch

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've been busy beating Resident Evil 7 so I'll finish leveling firewall with the 30-40 run.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I am considering buying the expansion and getting back into this, but when I click on the pre-order in Ubisoft store, it specifically says that it requires the base game "purchased through Ubisoft" in order to work. It says the same thing for the year 1 pass. I am fairly certain that when I pre-ordered the original TD2 it re-directed me to Epic to buy the game, so I think I purchased it through Epic. Does that mean that I have to purchase the expansion through Epic even though TD2 shows up in Uplay and I never use the Epic launcher to play?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You should be able to buy it on uPlay if you want. “Requires base game” is probably just a warning everyone sees so they don’t buy something they can’t use.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I have never seen this weather effect before and it irritates me even more that there won't be a Survival mode.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The dust storm is pretty good, yeah. It’s the weather effect in my head for a new survival mode. Wind kicks up a bunch of settled DC-62, call it a DC-62 storm or something.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kibayasu posted:

You should be able to buy it on uPlay if you want. “Requires base game” is probably just a warning everyone sees so they don’t buy something they can’t use.

The "requires base game" part is normal, it's the "purchased from Ubisoft" part that put me off and made me wonder wtf... I'm not in a hurry since I'll be at work all day when this comes out and I don't see any pre-order bonuses anyway, so I put in a ticket and I'll just wait to hear back from Ubi on it before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger. In the meantime I'll jump back into the game and see if it's even something that I want to play again right now since the base gameplay is likely pretty much unchanged.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I don't even know if WONY has any preorder bonuses. I thought I remembered something about getting some "early purchaser" bonuses if you buy before April 3, but I can't find details on that? It's buried under all the SEO-stuffed trash in search results :mad:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Psion posted:

I don't even know if WONY has any preorder bonuses. I thought I remembered something about getting some "early purchaser" bonuses if you buy before April 3, but I can't find details on that? It's buried under all the SEO-stuffed trash in search results :mad:

There's no pre-order bonus but there's some stuff you get if you buy Warlords before April 3rd.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alright I've done it, I spent $3. I really like the cover system, and need to get used to not having auto aim. I'm not far at all, the theater district still, but I've already found ways around patrols and ambushed bad guys a couple times; it's like I'm not being funnelled down a set route. Should I be disassembling all these weapons and items or hoarding them to sell?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You can run this game on a decade-old processor like that or the Phenom?
The Xeon is rock-solid at 1080p/60hz and high settings, for sure.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Should I be disassembling all these weapons and items or hoarding them to sell?

Both. Disassemble to stock up on crafting materials, then sell poo poo off once you max those out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Have a PS4 Capitol Defender Pack. Contains the Lullaby shotgun and the Hazmat outfit.

J6MB-G4NA-E292

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
I don’t need to buy the wony expansion to benefit from the gear 2.0 system right?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AggroJagg posted:

I don’t need to buy the wony expansion to benefit from the gear 2.0 system right?

I put this beautiful graphic in the OP. I slaved over this. It took me 2 seconds to clipping tool.

Sorry, I’m on the phone and in the middle of dominating a workout. Just scroll down a bit on the OP. You’ll see the graphic.

A: You get Gear 2.0 regardless.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a high-level summary of what's changed in the last, say, eight months? Or have there been so few/many changes that it's not important/feasible to list them?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Elysiume posted:

Is there a high-level summary of what's changed in the last, say, eight months? Or have there been so few/many changes that it's not important/feasible to list them?

Doesn’t matter because all the matters is warlords coming 3/3 which redoes everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Doesn’t matter because all the matters is warlords coming 3/3 which redoes everything
Yeah, I was moreso wondering about things like the class weapons having some wonky scaling/relation to non-class weapons, general TTK/balance stuff, etc. Most of that could probably be gleaned by a few minutes of playtime and the rest is probably going to totally change with Warlords, though.