Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/InxanityOCE/status/1233371971104079874

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just realized if I play this game on launch I'll be arriving on the island at midnight, which seems kind of awkward.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Internet Kraken posted:

I just realized if I play this game on launch I'll be arriving on the island at midnight, which seems kind of awkward.

That's the best time for Nook to dodge the coast guard and make it to international waters.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Internet Kraken posted:

Tom Hanks landed on his island at midnight and that movie turned out great

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apparently you can learn emotions from villagers now, so Shrunk might be gone.

I'm moving on from them being dead to them wanting to unionize and Tom Nook deciding to have none of that poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Harriet, Shrunk, the llamas, and Lief were all on a separate boat that was supposed to arrive after you but it sank.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Have.. Have we seen where K.K. is?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

Have.. Have we seen where K.K. is?

You can see a tiny part of him in the direct

He's right up there in the top right corner.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Electric Phantasm posted:

You can see a tiny part of him in the direct

He's right up there in the top right corner.

Where? All I see is a scarecrow. Oh, there he is on the other corner, don't know how I missed that because after looking in the right corner I looked everywhere else

But yeah considering they had him at the booth and the fact that he's pretty iconic, I doubt they took him out or messed with him too much.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 29, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E: Mixed his lefts and rights up, other side in front of the building(?)

Tom Nook is a great man and I won't stand for this slander :colbert:

I don't know why, but part of me does feel kinda bad that most jokes are about how evil he is when he's a absurdly nice guy. He doesn't deserve this treatment. :smith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Color Printer posted:

Where? All I see is a scarecrow.

But yeah considering they had him at the booth and the fact that he's pretty iconic, I doubt they took him out or messed with him too much.

Oops I'm dumb top left, right next to the Dad profile.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I too will not stand for this slander of the only landowner that gives you zero interest loans with infinite time to pay, and now even lets you pay by doing community service work via phone app.

Color Printer posted:

Where? All I see is a scarecrow.

Upper left. I swear, the people analyzing these videos...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tom Nook is a great man and I won't stand for this slander :colbert:

Look all I'm saying is that if there's a guillotine furniture i'm placing it outside resident services to remind Nook of what will happen when the evils of capitalism poison his brain once more

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I never hated Nook even as a kid, because as far as I could tell an interest free loan was insanely generous. I played AC right after I played a themepark sim where taking out loans that I couldn't payback ruined me financially, so Nook was like a saint.

I reserved my hate for Resetti, who traumatized me because I thought he was literally going to delete my loving town.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nook is one of the only three people in town to not be a needy freeloader who can't solve his own problems.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My theory is that money doesn't actually exist in Animal Crossing and they live in a post-scarcity utopia. Tom Nook runs an elaborate facade of a town as an authentic old world experience, but its also a power trip for him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If your wondering where his money goes

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Tax evasion. :colbert:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

If you don't think I'm setting every user in the globe as my best friend so my island morphs into a horrific hellscape of human cruelty, you've got another thing coming

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If your wondering where his money goes

It's the same orphanage that Tortimer embezzles your donations from.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

tote up a bags posted:

If you don't think I'm setting every user in the globe as my best friend so my island morphs into a horrific hellscape of human cruelty, you've got another thing coming

Thanks to the inane "one island per switch" rule, I'll be forced to share an island with my 6 year old son and his friend from down the street so I'll be lucky if I'm able to carve out a small corner that's not trashland.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

mutata posted:

Thanks to the inane "one island per switch" rule, I'll be forced to share an island with my 6 year old son

god having a family to enjoy things with sounds so hard and cruel

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bleck posted:

god having a family to enjoy things with sounds so hard and cruel

lol I'm mostly kidding. I WAS looking forward to having my own little zen garden to manicure as I've been dealing with some depression lately and it sounded nice, but there's a different hilarity in getting to see how a couple 6 year olds trash paradise.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just imagining a top left corner of the map with a moat around it, sign that just says "Please let me have this". See how that works out.

That or get a second switch :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mutata posted:

lol I'm mostly kidding. I WAS looking forward to having my own little zen garden to manicure as I've been dealing with some depression lately and it sounded nice, but there's a different hilarity in getting to see how a couple 6 year olds trash paradise.

You gotta finesse these budding gamelings into doing your busywork. Worked with younger siblings to some degree and parent seems to have even more power. Can they read yet? If not, you can just make up anything! Or change it to another language, that way it's educational and not just exploiting kids for videogame labor.

Evidence: Four younger siblings who believed you could play as Abu in Alladin.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomatomagica/status/1233178559830728705?s=19

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Harriet, Shrunk, the llamas, and Lief were all on a separate boat that was supposed to arrive after you but it sank.

Ah, the Mass Effect: Andromeda strategy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tom Nook may be a nice guy but bellionaires should not exist they are a failure of animal policy :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
An orphanage 3 towns over is the Canadian Girlfriend of philanthropy

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

just going to assume Tom Nook is basically Kazuma Kiryu with the orphanage stuff and will not be loving with him any further. No man, nobody's taking your orphanage land, I swear. Please oh god no

I'm torn on following these twitter updates of the game because it's hyping me up beyond belief but I also want to discover all this cool poo poo on my own. Feels weird to not want to see spoilers for animal crossing of all things

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I got myself the gamecube and am now running through original animal crossing.

its just so amazing how far this series has come.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kaethela posted:

How did instruments work in previous games? Honestly cannot remember if it was random or town tune or something else.

You just played a single note. It was kind of lame. Also, your avatar made me realize the Night in the Woods cast would make excellent Animal Crossing characters, at least aesthetically.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apparently you can learn emotions from villagers now, so Shrunk might be gone.

I'm moving on from them being dead to them wanting to unionize and Tom Nook deciding to have none of that poo poo.

...well, now they're just Teamsters-style dead.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I swore I wouldn't buy another Animal Crossing game after the 3DS one but I already know I'm gonna break down and get this one too. Why you gotta keep making such adorable games, Nintendo :arghfist:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXROyJhan6A

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swore I wouldn't buy another Animal Crossing game after the 3DS one but I already know I'm gonna break down and get this one too. Why you gotta keep making such adorable games, Nintendo :arghfist:

New Horizons looks to be superior to New Leaf in every way and fixes many of the complaints I had about that game. I loved my 8 years in New Leaf, but its time to move on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:yeah:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Vote for me as mayor and I promise every there will be an Animal Crossing on every dinner table. School has been replaced with mandatory Animal Crossing. Work has been cancelled and replaced with more Animal Crossing. So sayeth the mayor

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:black101: That Isabelle close up at the end would be an amazing gif/av

Edit:

https://i.imgur.com/toG81I7.gifv

:black101: :hellyeah:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I said come in! posted:

New Horizons looks to be superior to New Leaf in every way and fixes many of the complaints I had about that game. I loved my 8 years in New Leaf, but its time to move on.

It really does look like a big jump forward. My only worry is that the games are such a good fit for handhelds, this may be the one that finally breaks me down and makes me use the dreaded joycons.