Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

o word i didn't know it was a spit premiere again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Heidi is so charming and I love her all ready. Jackie is a close second.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I hope we get another season of ru in ugly hats every episode in the werkroom ala season 8

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Robyn is great, but we all know those queens next week are going to be PISSED that they didn't get Nicki as their first judge. God, World of Wonder cannot produce poo poo.

But, this first episode was great, and I love everyone. Especially Jackie and those 6 inch deep dimples. Dear lord what a gorgeous man.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

whoever is doing the songs for the show now is doin good :discourse:

Nihonniboku posted:

Robyn is great, but we all know those queens next week are going to be PISSED that they didn't get Nicki as their first judge.

wait Robyn is next week's judge? lol gently caress nicki

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t think my partner and I have ever been so split on the attractiveness of a contestant as crystal method out of drag. She can’t see past the mullet but all I see is beautiful weird al and I want to be there

Carson continues to be adorable

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 29, 2020

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don’t think my partner and I have ever been so split on the attractiveness of a contestant as crystal method out of drag. She can’t see past the mullet but all I see is beautiful weird al and I want to be there

I have spent most of this episode trying to figure how who Crystal reminded me of of out of drag! It was driving me batty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everyone did so well this week, and I like all of these queens so far. Excited for next week's batch!

e: also nicki was a fan loving tastic judge and i want her to be there every week, even if it's just for her facial expressions. i've always loved her as a personality.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ok so thinking queens have eds is my thing but widow dislocating her shoulders for a lip synch is a pretty good diagnostic tool for it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I was not expecting that lip sync from Gigi and it was glorious

Widow killin it

SUCH A GOOD EPISODE

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

So good and I am so hype for at least this first group of queens. I really hope next week is just as good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

So good and I am so hype for at least this first group of queens. I really hope next week is just as good.

This split introduction has been so good so far... I love them all.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Amazing premiere. Everyone's already made a great impression, and if Ru actually planned to send anyone home it would've been an extremely difficult choice.

Random observations:
  • Heidi continues to be as charming as her MtQ, and girl has moves
  • Jackie is a snacc. Love her 60s aesthetic, but hope she can show versatility
  • Crystal is way more likable than I was expecting. I expected her to have a Milk-like level of self-importance. Not a huge fan of her makeup, but I love hearing her talk
  • Brita didn't do as well out of the gate as I thought, but I suspect this was a weak challenge for her. Her silhouette skills are phenomenal
  • Nicky has amazing looks, and I hope she can get over her nerves and the language barrier so we get as many runways as possible
  • Gigi's lip sync was actually more my style. Who was the last fashion queen who could do comedic lip syncs, Detox? Loving the helmets. Also that "left on read" line from her rap was genius
  • Widow shattered my expectations based on her promo look and reveal. Where's she pulling those moves from?
  • Never been a huge fan of Nicki, but she was adorable and an exceptional judge

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:lol: so that's who they were

https://twitter.com/WorldOfWonder/status/1233566451300257792

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Gigi Goode's rap, the 'good morning campers' bit was so loving effortlessly cool and I loved it

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Dang that was a great episode. Widow had me gagging at how epic her dance moves were. Really used the splits for impact and not just for show because she could, you know what I mean?

Also, I love the name Heidi N Closet (although Heidi Nina Closet is better), I don't see why the judges are so uppity over it. Just kinda hope Heidi cleans up her makeup game for the next episode or else she's gonna be cut soon and I like her talking heads too much to lose her so suddenly.

Really, I like everyone from the first episode. How am I going to survive eliminations when all these queens are so likable and good?!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Leprosy print

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Jackie in boy drag is easily one of the most attractive people ever on the show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WERQ:

And some more gifs:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Heidi is like a mini Kennedy so I have no choice but to root for her

Jackie is Canadian so again, gotta root for her. The retro look I get but I don't "get" why an Iranian always goes for a Jewish Princess look

Nicky: https://twitter.com/thenickydoll/status/1220417652725813248 nuff said

Crystal in drag is probably the most annoying archetype to me but outside of it she's super soft spoken and maybe sweet? So hard to tell on that one

Gigi is great and the only thing that bugs me is how skinny she is, as in "might have an ED" skinny and that makes me uncomfortable

Nicki's judging, comments, reactions and impromptu rapping made me forget for a moment her terrible life choices which is proof enough that she's good at showbiz

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Best premiere in a long time, I was impressed with everyone and

Shneak posted:

That song they did had no right to be that good for EPISODE ONE.

this x100

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nihonniboku posted:

Robyn is great, but we all know those queens next week are going to be PISSED that they didn't get Nicki as their first judge. God, World of Wonder cannot produce poo poo.

This sentence perfectly exemplifies the divide between people who grew up in the 20th century and those who grew up in the 21st.

And the stupidity that comes with assuming that the two are mutually exclusive. I can only imagine 18 year old tasteless arrogant pricks who think that Robyn is a lovely consolation prize for not meeting Nicki Minaj

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She is

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Oh honey, I feel so sorry for you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I doubt Robyn is going to kick rear end as a host guest as much as nicki did but it’s insane to me that you’d be more hype for her than Robyn. Her big songs are all huge lip synch bombs! My only consolation is that if I’m so old my opinions on music are that far off the youth pulse I’ll surely be dead soon and not have to fight in the resource wars

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

esperterra posted:

o word i didn't know it was a spit premiere again

I don’t think this was intentional misspelling but it was 100% a spit premiere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can't wait for this judge

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Born in 89 and never heard of Robyn before the Juju/Raven lip sync. Am I alone in this, or was she bigger in America than I realized? Like I read her wiki and understand she has a following in Europe. But she had nowhere near the impact of the Spice Girls here, and we had our own pop idols to worry about in the early 00s. I'm sure she's a fine pop artist, but there's no nostalgia for me at all to consider her an icon.

I'm also not big on Nicki, but at least remember a time when she was everywhere. Same with Lil Kim before her.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I dunno about her chart impact here in Australia but gay clubs here love blasting remixes of her songs and have done so relentlessly as long as I’ve been clubbing, and straight clubs also had a pretty full on go at her stuff at the height of her career. You still hear niche genre nights drop a Robyn remix too bc enough heads are old enough to have that nostalgic relationship with that era of clubbing. I dunno about more mainstream exposure bc I can’t remember any of her music videos except the really bad one that looked like a major laser vid

E: konichiwa bitches

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 1, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gandlethorpe posted:

Born in 89 and never heard of Robyn before the Juju/Raven lip sync. Am I alone in this, or was she bigger in America than I realized? Like I read her wiki and understand she has a following in Europe. But she had nowhere near the impact of the Spice Girls here, and we had our own pop idols to worry about in the early 00s. I'm sure she's a fine pop artist, but there's no nostalgia for me at all to consider her an icon.

I'm also not big on Nicki, but at least remember a time when she was everywhere. Same with Lil Kim before her.

89 here as well. Maybe it's a Canadian thing for me bc Euro/Aus artists always seem to hit bigger here than America, but c'mon fam Show Me Love ??? She's been a huge icon for me since I was a kid. Nicki is prob gna end up being the better judge of the two, but if you asked me who I'd rather meet I'd jump to Robyn. Heck Thandie Newton's gna be there too!

Also look up videos of people bursting into song in New York subways after a Robyn concert a couple years ago to make your heart swell.

e: surprised she isn't bigger in the UK considering she's a swede. but mb you're an outlier? tho she did kinda disappear for a hot minute between Show Me Love and Dancing On My Own, at least in terms of wider exposure

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I doubt Robyn is going to kick rear end as a host guest as much as nicki did but it’s insane to me that you’d be more hype for her than Robyn. Her big songs are all huge lip synch bombs! My only consolation is that if I’m so old my opinions on music are that far off the youth pulse I’ll surely be dead soon and not have to fight in the resource wars

hosed up that people might be more hyped for one of the biggest female rappers of all time with the most top 100 Billboard hits of any woman ever and basically wrested control of the direction of women's sexuality in hip hop and her rap puts most men to shame.

That being said, '86 here and I can definitely sing Show Me Love by heart

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Loving everyone, even Gigi, who I hated at first.

Widow surprised me the most and earned that win.

Heidi is so charming. Whether it's a character or effortless, it works.

Brita seems incredibly polished.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Really the insane part is that someone would think Robyn is a lovely consolation prize that production "hosed up on". No problems in liking either one, or whoever made a bigger impact on your life.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

DRurag?

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

They get Robyn and Thandie Newton, right? Seems like a win to me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m devastated we didn’t get to hear Ross use rap music lingo again

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Civil rights hair

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Widow done killed it, but I can see that immediately crossing over into desperate territory if she ends up in the bottom. Having said that - goddamn, contortionist realness.

Heidi must be protected at all costs. I need her on my television at all times. The trapdoor bit was golden.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don’t think my partner and I have ever been so split on the attractiveness of a contestant as crystal method out of drag. She can’t see past the mullet but all I see is beautiful weird al
Weird Al is beautiful. :mad:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Heidi is Joslyn/Cucu levels of precious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I will stand behind any queen willing to talk about chickens on national television