Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kibayasu posted:

You should be able to buy it on uPlay if you want. “Requires base game” is probably just a warning everyone sees so they don’t buy something they can’t use.

Ubisoft customer support responded:

quote:

Zachary M @Ubisoft Support wrote: Feb 29, 2020 at 07:58 PM EST
Hey The Locator

In order for the DLC to be compatible you would have to purchase off the Epic Store. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Best Regards
Zach M
Ubisoft Store Support

Welp... I guess I could re-buy the game for $3.. gonna have to think about it because no way am I giving any more money to Epic, and after playing the game today for a couple hours, I'm not really sure I'm ready to play it much again yet. Should probably send them $3 just so I have it for the future as I am likely to return at some point and would be nice to have access to the expansion and any other DLC at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t understand that because I have had games I bought on Steam registered on uplay and I can reinstall them normally through uplay if I wanted but I guess if that’s what they say then that’s what they say.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Uplay is weird like that with DLC. IIRC for other games like Assassin's Creed you have to buy the DLC through the same storefront where you originally bought the base game as well.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

UnknownMercenary posted:

Uplay is weird like that with DLC. IIRC for other games like Assassin's Creed you have to buy the DLC through the same storefront where you originally bought the base game as well.

Just chiming in that this was the case for me for AC: Origins, so this is all sort of typical Uplay

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Does the game become unplayable solo at World Tier 2? Everywhere I go, any encounter on the map, no matter how trivial, always escalates to swarms of baddies coming from every direction with bulletproof robot backup. Also a stiff breeze removes my armor.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Hyperactive posted:

Does the game become unplayable solo at World Tier 2? Everywhere I go, any encounter on the map, no matter how trivial, always escalates to swarms of baddies coming from every direction with bulletproof robot backup. Also a stiff breeze removes my armor.

It’s playable solo all the way to tier 5

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hyperactive posted:

Put on any gear you get from drops in WT2. I bet you’re wearing stuff that’s way under leveled.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

ratbert90 posted:

It’s playable solo all the way to tier 5

And through WT5. The game is almost entirely soloable save for raids and PvP stuff

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Put on any gear you get from drops in WT2. I bet you’re wearing stuff that’s way under leveled.

Yeah, I have been, but it’s still early days so only 319 gearscore right now but the max is 350. I’m getting blasted to hell if I do anything in the city and it seems like it’s always from an endless series of waves spawning in a firing circle around me.

Missions, invaded or otherwise, seem fine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hyperactive posted:

Yeah, I have been, but it’s still early days so only 319 gearscore right now but the max is 350. I’m getting blasted to hell if I do anything in the city and it seems like it’s always from an endless series of waves spawning in a firing circle around me.

Missions, invaded or otherwise, seem fine.

Get a friend who is at WT5 to help out. They can jump into your world and carry you through the missions so you can get to WT5.

Or matchmake.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://i.imgur.com/G1ovdCU.gifv

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I did that pretty much every time I used the rocket launcher.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Hyperactive posted:

Not at all in my experience. Make sure you're constantly updating your gear, and to make things easier consider an assault drone or turret so it gives the enemy multiple things to focus on.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose Oquendo posted:

I did that pretty much every time I used the rocket launcher.

Once you lock on it's a good practice to aim up before firing to avoid this problem. Given the height difference it may not have helped in this case.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Hyperactive posted:

Pick one of the items that gives you armor, like the drone.
I found that I was usually forgetting to armor up or just have run out in a big team mission.
Now at WT5 I use the little rollie ball thing that follows you around and feeds me armor and have become much beefier.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Friendship ended with BTSU/Hardwired, Aces and 8's is now my friend.

Equip SVD, look down scope, click heads, never stop clicking heads.
I am surprised I haven't come across many Ace & 8 users out in the wild.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I haven't played since late last march. Is technician bad or am I just bad? The gimmick of keeping a skill out permanently is cool, but going skill power seems to have neutered me entirely. I guess +94% damage to the drone isn't enough for world tier 5?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frustrated posted:

I haven't played since late last march. Is technician bad or am I just bad? The gimmick of keeping a skill out permanently is cool, but going skill power seems to have neutered me entirely. I guess +94% damage to the drone isn't enough for world tier 5?

have you tried seeker mines

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

have you tried seeker mines

I just tried out seeker mines + turret with a bunch of skill haste and 7 mines. Night and day. I was really hoping they would have balanced out some of the skills, but it seems seeker mines are still the only skills worth really running in a skill build.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

Get an SVD with Lucky Shot. You'll never have to worry about clicking heads again. Just spam poo poo and proc Aces all day.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ZombyDog posted:

Yeah, it's really good. And if you have Lucky Shot you don't even have to worry about ammo at all so you can keep spamming headshots to keep your team fully buffed constantly.

It's really chill even when soloing things like CP4 or Challenging missions.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Frustrated posted:

Which drone? The striker drone (one that shoots bullets) has a separate damage mod that scales up to like 600%.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Can you explain how aces and eights and the svd build works? I feel like I’ve come a long way understanding things through using a btsu hard wired build but I can’t make much sense out of the aces set description or why it would work with svd. I’ll definitely give it a go though!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

ZombyDog posted:

You have tons of people playing aces in the wild, it's just that most of them don't care about going for the 4pc (which benefits teammates as well) outside of the raid

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can you explain how aces and eights and the svd build works? I feel like I’ve come a long way understanding things through using a btsu hard wired build but I can’t make much sense out of the aces set description or why it would work with svd. I’ll definitely give it a go though!

It's as the gear set description says, each marksman rifle hit flips a card, some hands like flushes and straights or whatever trigger several bonuses like boosted damage on the next 6 bullets, double capacity mag etc. You just keep on shooting to randomly trigger these buffs for you and the team as fast as possible. It works with the SVD because you want to flip the cards fast and it's the fastest MMR that doesn't suck like the Mk20.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 1, 2020

Estel
May 4, 2010
With the A&E's set you have 5 card slots, a body shot will flip 1 card and a headshot 2 and depending on what you get with the cards you receive a buff that can be +100%mag size, 30% bonus armor or double damage on the next 5 bullets. If you have the 4 piece bonus those buffs affect your party too.

The reason you want an SVD is because is the best of the Marksman Rifles right now, you have good damage and good rpm and if you add the talent Lucky Shot your missed shots return to your magazine. You can spam headshots and keep your team buffed and if you add Perfect Vigilance and Perfect Opportunistic you have +30% damage while not taking damage and +15% damage to your target to every member of your party.

With the damage buff you can get 4-5 million headshots with the nemesis.

Estel fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 1, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It seems problematic to me. I just wonder if activities that encourage gambling and gambler’s addiction should be kept out of gaming?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"what if a gun was a gachapon?" Ace * 8s

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Is it really gambling if I’m putting coins in the one armed bandit but the coins are bullets and the machine is yellow tarp armored heads?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Fly, my pretties!!

https://i.imgur.com/rm1D5bb.mp4

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 1, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hyperactive posted:

Tiers 2-4 can absolutely feel like this due to the high concentration of patrols etc.

There for a while I didn't even want to get into combat because I would end up pulling every patrol and spawn from the entire area nearly every time and it just started to feel completely unfair. As your gear gets better and you get some good weapon rolls the ladder gets easier to climb solo but it can definitely be overwhelming at points. Try not to get discouraged and try to do events that aren't surrounded by other patrols and events if you can help it.

One thing I feel that would have helped was more scaffolding/high ground spots like there were in division 1 so even if you get overwhelmed you can turtle in and wear them down over time.

If I remember correctly control points you've taken already don't get taken over by the enemy until WT5? If that's still the case it helps to take many of them on the map and farm all of their gear boxes every 24 hours or so to keep your gear constantly topped off as you level and go up the tiers and to lessen the chance you'll get pulled into a firefight with a control point while you are trying to do something else.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 1, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a PS4 goon clan?

Also there anything specific I should be focusing on as a brand-new player? I'm up to level 13 now and just kind of doing Main / Side missions. I've knocked out a few control points and messed around with some of the projects that gave interesting blueprints, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any obvious area of progression / quality of life upgrades along the way.

So far I really like assault rifles and marksman rifles. Last night I found a high-end P90 that just shreds things at close-to-medium range though. Shame it's going to probably be obsolete in a couple levels but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of all the unlockable cosmetic stuff / weapon skins that are just laying around in the world? I've found a few so far but I want to make as many ridiculous outfits as possible.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Now I want the division 3 to be in Vegas.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Division 3 locations came up in the last thread and Vegas definitely made sense, but I'm not sure the strip and proximity would have enough variety even if they did make it past all the licensing issues.

Hammerstein posted:

Fly, my pretties!!

Cool, what hack are you subscribed to?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Frustrated posted:

I just tried out seeker mines + turret with a bunch of skill haste and 7 mines. Night and day. I was really hoping they would have balanced out some of the skills, but it seems seeker mines are still the only skills worth really running in a skill build.

Stinger Hive is pretty great when placed around monster closets. Drone can be useful in free roam. Mortar is fun in some boss fights. Don't write off the less used skills, cause they are not as awesome as seeker. And I'm still wondering if the burn bonus from Fire Wall could make Airburst better.

We also get several new skills tomorrow which might shake up the current meta.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a PS4 goon clan?

Also there anything specific I should be focusing on as a brand-new player? I'm up to level 13 now and just kind of doing Main / Side missions. I've knocked out a few control points and messed around with some of the projects that gave interesting blueprints, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any obvious area of progression / quality of life upgrades along the way.

So far I really like assault rifles and marksman rifles. Last night I found a high-end P90 that just shreds things at close-to-medium range though. Shame it's going to probably be obsolete in a couple levels but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of all the unlockable cosmetic stuff / weapon skins that are just laying around in the world? I've found a few so far but I want to make as many ridiculous outfits as possible.

Join COINCELPRO

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/zz74q2B.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/asiivrF.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Shumagorath posted:

Division 3 locations came up in the last thread and Vegas definitely made sense, but I'm not sure the strip and proximity would have enough variety even if they did make it past all the licensing issues.

Cool, what hack are you subscribed to?

he should probably hack into the optimized gifv hack at least that gif he made looks like poo poo lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am getting this constantly with BT choppers when they're coming in to drop reinforcements and it's hilarious every time.

Just reached stage 5 of the Firewall research. The last step on stage 4 (Darpa mission on Hard+) was loving hell because I went ahead and did it solo on Challenging because it's the daily. The final encounter is loving BRUTAL. One tank, the boss mortaring poo poo, then a bunch of support goons with drones and stuff. It's hard to stay out of sight from the boss and in cover from everything else so you eat up your armor kits staying alive. Then when you clear everything and trigger the phase 2 an elite warhound shows up alongside a bunch of other poo poo. The only way I managed to clear it was to bait the 2nd phase when I was ready by it so I could spam skills and kill everything before they had a chance to spread out. After that I could handle the boss solo.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 1, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Tiers 2-4 can absolutely feel like this due to the high concentration of patrols etc.
They said they didn't want to get rid of the tiers in the vanilla game because "that's the experience people paid for" but I'm thinking it was likely more technical reasons than any consumer considerations.

I spent most of the time in tiers 1-4 just opening gear/gun crates in the open world to get my GS high enough to take on the missions/strongholds on Story difficulty, only rarely crafting what I needed to bump up my GS a few points. This was actually a fast safe way to level, and much better than just jumping into missions hoping something good drops while I'm being shredded. But I would rather the tiers not be there, and I'm VERY glad the unlimited level 30 boost exists now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

he should probably hack into the optimized gifv hack at least that gif he made looks like poo poo lol

Ok, ok, I switched back to Imgur.....Jesus....