Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t get the title but people were v insistent

Alternative: video games are march

The Division 2: Warlords of New York [PC, PS4, XBO] – March 3
4th Generation Warfare [PC] – March 5
Murder by Numbers [Switch] – March 5
Murder by Numbers [PC] – March 6
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX [Switch] – March 6
The Elder Scrolls Online: Harrowstorm DLC [PS4, XBO] – March 10
Ori and the Will of the Wisps [PC, XBO] – March 11
Overpass [Switch] – March 12
Dead or School [PS4, Switch] – March 13
MLB The Show 20 [PS4] – March 13
My Hero One's Justice 2 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 13
Nioh 2 [PS4] – March 13
Animal Crossing Switch New Horizons [Switch] – March 20
Doom Eternal [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – March 20
Doom 64 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 20
Half-Life: Alyx [PC VR] – March 23
Bleeding Edge [PC, XBO] – March 24
Moons of Madness [PS4, XBO] – March 24
Control: The Foundation DLC [PC, PS4, XBO] – March 26
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 27
Saints Row 4: Re-Elected [Switch] – March 27
The Complex [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 31
Operencia: The Stolen Sun [PC, PS4, Switch] – March 31
Persona 5 Royal [PS4] – March 31
Code Vein - DLC 3 [PC, PS4, XBO] – March TBC
The Division 2 [Stadia] – March TBC

Bowsette is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My March game is Final Fantasy V, played for the first time

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Bernie but big boobs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

Bernie but big boobs

Horny is dead put it back in your pants 2020 is a chaste year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bought the Division 2 literally last week and it already feels like a distant memory, I guess I could put more hours into it but it seems like a waste

The dogs you can pet seem DLC locked, I hate this trend which Fire Emblem Three Houses also did

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ok then setting aside bernie's heaving bosom, has any of the code vein dlc been worth it?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I hope nioh 2 comes to pc this year. I forget what the gap was for nioh 1

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Can't believe it, new Doom, Animal Crossing, and Half-Life this month what a time.

Also: Bowsette is gonna win. My heart, that is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's an atari jaguar

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

what's an atari jaguar

Continuing the conversation about 90s game magazines from last thread:

https://twitter.com/decafjedi/status/1232303214646546432

Edit: this account is a good follow
https://twitter.com/decafjedi/status/1232796969569079296

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

what's an atari jaguar
the followup to the handheld Atari Lynx

shoutout to handheld that supports right and left handed gamers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Lynx system was originally developed by Epyx as the Handy Game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Justice for Bowsette

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Seems real fuckin dumb to have on and off be easily bumpable button inputs instead of a hard-switch somewhere unlikely to be accidently toggled

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's insane to me there is a new Half Life game being released this month, and I'm more excited by Animal Crossing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You were meant to put overlays on top of the bottom part of the Jaguar controller for hotkeys

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if im looking down at my controller in the middle of a game it's only to see what my sonic shuffle cards are

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Normally I would say no bowsette no vote but in a new year it’s time to move on and vote for Doom

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

doomguyette

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No Bowsette so I voted 1 instead.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At last Animal Crossing month.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Infinitum posted:

It's insane to me there is a new Half Life game being released this month, and I'm more excited by Animal Crossing.

I think, even if you love Half-Life which I do not, it would be hard to get excited over this when you know the series is dead and this is just a Half-Life-themed tech demo that won't answer any of the plot questions people have and that any hopes of closure died when the plot to Episode 3 got dumped onto pastebin

that being said as someone who now owns a VR Headset I'm interested in the game just because there are so few actual video games out for the thing and even the best VR game (Superhot) only lasts two hours

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think, even if you love Half-Life which I do not, it would be hard to get excited over this when you know the series is dead and this is just a Half-Life-themed tech demo that won't answer any of the plot questions people have and that any hopes of closure died when the plot to Episode 3 got dumped onto pastebin

that being said as someone who now owns a VR Headset I'm interested in the game just because there are so few actual video games out for the thing and even the best VR game (Superhot) only lasts two hours

I just hope they get more Indexes in before it releases, just so I can get that free copy of Alyx.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gft1P53zR60

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bowsette or Bust!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month I want to play:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Doom Eternal

Pouring one out for Final Fantasy VII Remake, it now releases April 10.

Infinitum posted:

It doesn't help that it's VR only and looks more like a tech demo than it does an actual Half-Life sequel (its not even being called a sequel by Valve).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

No Bowsette so I voted 1 instead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
no bowsette so I voted 5

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

May 8, 2006

someone dish the deets as to why the escape from tarkov thread is closed

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rune Factory 4S is well-times for me since I was just thinking about farming managey games to tide me over until Animal Crossing.

I’m still pretty early in and so far it’s... ok? It’s very regressively anime but the characters aren’t terrible and I get to water crops which is nice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I've never played an Animal Crossing game, isn't it like a game you kind of poke at on a daily basis rather than marathoning?

(This reminds me that I have an Idle Factory game session I should check in on)

Edit: gently caress I cleared my cookies and didn't save my session, my factory :negative:

Maybe I should play Factorio or Infinifactory which I also own instead of a random web game

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 1, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Women's History Month and Anime Month are the same month 🤔

Edit: Oh wait it doesn't overlap actually, that would be Black History Month and Anime Month

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

april fools! anime month is every month

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The icon for this thread looks great on the Awful app but not so much on browsers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've never played an Animal Crossing game, isn't it like a game you kind of poke at on a daily basis rather than marathoning?

(This reminds me that I have an Idle Factory game session I should check in on)

Edit: gently caress I cleared my cookies and didn't save my session, my factory :negative:

Maybe I should play Factorio or Infinifactory which I also own instead of a random web game

Animal Crossing is a bizarre beast in that describing it sounds like watching paint dry for a lot of people. You can write down all the features and if you've played it you know why it's exciting but outside looking in it sounds like someone getting hyped up for a groceries list.

It's a very mundane series with a genuinely 'cozy' atmosphere. You aren't pressured to do anything. You build a little house for yourself, go to the store to buy furniture to make your house look nicer and you do fetch quests (in most cases) for your neighbors. There's a handful of things to do like catching bugs and fishing to donate to a museum but you really, really gotta just take it easy and play it in short bursts daily.

New one lets you landscape and customize the great outdoors so there's a big giant step for the series, but it's not something you play to see the ending of. You just kind of play it to relax and de-stress a lot of the time. I'd say give it a shot if you have a interest in it because it's way more absorbing than I'm making it sound.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im actually going to post in this thread this time

May 8, 2006

greetings cuntman.net tell us about one of your all time favorite games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hmm thats hard but i finally got a switch and im playing breath of the wild now and its probably going to be on that list

i just got killed by one of the weakest enemies in the game because he was swinging a stick around in circles and knocked me down a waterfall

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 1, 2020