Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pens analytics plummeting, and 6 loses in a row. I wonder wh-

Oh. Oh.

I like Sully but I have no idea why he's dying on the JJ sword right now. Try someone - anyone - else on that top pairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Why does everyone say the Flyers are bad? Honestly with their roster and Hart being out for a while it's pretty impressive what their record is

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fawning deference posted:

Why does everyone say the Flyers are bad? Honestly with their roster and Hart being out for a while it's pretty impressive what their record is

I am a Flyers fan who is used to decades of disappointment following false hope

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Just gonna repost from the end of the Feb thread because I'm still Angry About Jack Johnson:

It is hilariously easy to bait Jack Johnson into abandoning his responsibility to go chase a shiny, and he’s way too lumbering to get back in time once he’s taken two strides in the wrong direction. Every team knows it (they watch video and stuff) and every team targets him every second he’s on the ice. And even bad teams are able to exploit him over and over again.

JR and Sullivan will always be beloved in Pittsburgh but if they’re really determined to go all the way down on the JJ ship then it might be time for a regime change. JR did finally get rid of Scuderi, but Scuderi was Shero’s horrible mistake. JR and Sullivan are probably unwilling to admit they made a $30 million fuckup, so it similarly might require replacing them with someone willing to say "yeah, JR hosed up" and get Johnson the hell out of there.

At this point I don’t think it matters if the Penguins make the playoffs or not because they’re not going to stop playing JMFJ huge minutes and are going to go out in the first round anyway. Figures that the worst player on the team is pretty much the only player that didn’t get hurt all year.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

yeah in all honesty they're good enough all around I could see them pulling a deep run, their forward group is really deep

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Flyers have always had decent talent, they just needed a competent coach and to go like 3 straight months without changing goalies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a gimmick thing.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't think it's that dire man. JJ is going to get bumped down to probably the third pair once Dumo/Marino come back. He was if not good then at least barely tolerable there.

But until those two get healthy they should probably be adjusting the pairings because what they are doing is not working.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't think it's that dire man. JJ is going to get bumped down to probably the third pair once Dumo/Marino come back.

I hope you're right but I'll believe that when I see it. Sullivan is irrationally in love with him, it's a huge blind spot for a guy who is otherwise one of the best coaches in the NHL.

Also he doesn't belong on the third pair once Dumo/Marino comes back, he belongs in the press box, until such time as he can be packed off to another team. If he even dresses for a playoff game it's a huge mistake.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 1, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

because sulk's being sulk and the Flyers usual craptastic Disney on Ice roadtrip

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
The Canucks are bad defensively, have been bad defensively all year, and were getting bailed out by a Vezina-calibre season by Markstrom.

What does this month have in store for them, I wonder.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Man Henrik Lundqvist has got to be feeling emotional about his inevitable last year as a New York Ranger

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Man Henrik Lundqvist has got to be feeling emotional about his inevitable last year as a New York Ranger

yeah, the D hasn't done him favors all year but he has straight up not looked good.

I don't think anyone is taking him at his price and performance, though

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Flames are going to come 9th and miss by 2 or 3 points because for the last three and a half decades I've cheered for an entirely mediocre franchise.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Flyers have always had decent talent, they just needed a competent coach and to go like 3 straight months without changing goalies.

It’s pretty funny to see how bad of a coach Hakstol really was (in retrospect, it was not funny while he was playing Vandevelde and Bellmare 20 minutes a night).

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Misanthrope posted:

Flames are going to come 9th and miss by 2 or 3 points because for the last three and a half decades I've cheered for an entirely mediocre franchise.

All of us in W-Canada feel the same way.

:smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Just gonna repost from the end of the Feb thread because I'm still Angry About Jack Johnson:

It is hilariously easy to bait Jack Johnson into abandoning his responsibility to go chase a shiny, and he’s way too lumbering to get back in time once he’s taken two strides in the wrong direction. Every team knows it (they watch video and stuff) and every team targets him every second he’s on the ice. And even bad teams are able to exploit him over and over again.

JR and Sullivan will always be beloved in Pittsburgh but if they’re really determined to go all the way down on the JJ ship then it might be time for a regime change. JR did finally get rid of Scuderi, but Scuderi was Shero’s horrible mistake. JR and Sullivan are probably unwilling to admit they made a $30 million fuckup, so it similarly might require replacing them with someone willing to say "yeah, JR hosed up" and get Johnson the hell out of there.

At this point I don’t think it matters if the Penguins make the playoffs or not because they’re not going to stop playing JMFJ huge minutes and are going to go out in the first round anyway. Figures that the worst player on the team is pretty much the only player that didn’t get hurt all year.
It's cool how he's just going to have a 20 year career having been terrible the whole way through and every team being far worse with him than without him.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's cool how he's just going to have a 20 year career having been terrible the whole way through and every team being far worse with him than without him.

Leave Ron Hainsey alone

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Laviolette must be a world class douchebag, because he’s won (and won in the playoffs) everywhere he’s been, only to get fired in favor of Maurice, Berube Before He Was Good, and loving Hynes

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I hope you're right but I'll believe that when I see it. Sullivan is irrationally in love with him, it's a huge blind spot for a guy who is otherwise one of the best coaches in the NHL.

Also he doesn't belong on the third pair once Dumo/Marino comes back, he belongs in the press box, until such time as he can be packed off to another team. If he even dresses for a playoff game it's a huge mistake.

I wouldn't worry about it. The defensive pairings will probably be:

Dumo-Letang
JJ-Marino
Pettersson-Schultz

Marino was able to carry JJ all year so I'm not worried about it and Sullivan will just ride that top pair for 30 mins a night which should be enough for the Pens to carry a lot of the play.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Flyers are now one point behind the Caps

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triple sulk posted:

The Flyers, who are dogshit garbage, are now one point behind the Caps

:toot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric the Mauve posted:

Could everything Jack Johnson related in Pittsburgh have something to do with unnecessarily doing something extra to please Sidney Crosby? I know it's been said they've been friends since prep school and it was said Aaron Johnson got a second tour in Columbus in 2011 because he's Rick Nash's BFF.

In other words, maybe the pinata is the Superstar forward and not so much the coach and GM?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Good catch, he almost jinxed the Flyers.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Could everything Jack Johnson related in Pittsburgh have something to do with unnecessarily doing something extra to please Sidney Crosby? I know it's been said they've been friends since prep school and it was said Aaron Johnson got a second tour in Columbus in 2011 because he's Rick Nash's BFF.

In other words, maybe the pinata is the Superstar forward and not so much the coach and GM?

It was a factor in him signing i'm sure, no idea how much special treatment he might get though.

He was healthy scratched once during the sweep last season, and at least once this season i believe so he isn't super protected.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

Sounds loving perfect!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Jackets have enough points to have the equivalent of two more wins in their last 10! :eng101:

That would give them the equivalent of 3 wins in their last 10. :eng99:

e- Jesus loving Christ, now Nathan Gerbe is out 1-2 weeks. The Hockey Gods are now smiting the minor league callups this year. :shepicide:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 2, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's for last year, Canucks.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

God this team is such poo poo. They give me hope and just kick me in the gut.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

what the

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tom Wilson deserves to sit in uncomfortable proximity to Pierre McGuire.

gently caress 'EM UP, VEGAS, gently caress 'EM UP (clap clap).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/1234308130206552064?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lol

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps continue to look mushy. At least Ovi scored.

Never thought I'd be this concerned about a game against the Flyers in March...

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm still so pissed at my lovely hockey team. Why do I bother?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Ovechkin very likely could end this season with his 3rd highest goal total. At age 34.

The Red Wings could finish this season with half as many points as 30th place.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/1234489646014443521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Jonathan Toews is the first NHL player to reach 50 shootout goals. :toot: