Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

The Deleter posted:

Holy poo poo Eddie Haymour, this one is a trip.

E: oh my god Bobcat's story at the end, it's like a smollop at the end of a dollop

I was thinking "man, I like Bobcat but he isn't adding a ton to this episode" and then reached the end and never mind please have Bobcat on for every episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bobcat Goldthwait is a name I haven't heard since a Comedy Central special time years ago. Only half way but this is great one

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Digital Jedi posted:

Bobcat Goldthwait is a name I haven't heard since a Comedy Central special time years ago. Only half way but this is great one

He came on the Harmontown podcast a few times, and he was always interesting and funny. Super-cool guy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Isn’t he a director now? I think a couple of years ago I saw his name coming up again for the first time in a long time because he was doing some directing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn’t he a director now? I think a couple of years ago I saw his name coming up again for the first time in a long time because he was doing some directing.

Yeah, he directs lots of movies --- smaller-budget stuff that doesn't get piles of advertising.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Yeah he directs movies with insane premises but which never end up being that great

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He also directed the amazing documentary Call Me Lucky on Barry Crimmins.

Now there's a Dollop.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

MonsieurChoc posted:

He also directed the amazing documentary Call Me Lucky on Barry Crimmins.

Now there's a Dollop.

oh that movie is fantastic. Forgot he was involved

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
He directed a few TV shows as well - one of the late night shows, an underrated sketch show called Friends of the People, and he had a Twilight Zone like show. Saw him do standup / stories a couple of times and always thought he was great, no matter what you thought of his Police Academy-era persona.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I’m pretty sure he directed jimmy kimmel liver and the man show and maybe even always sunny?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy poo poo this Eddie haymour story is one for the ages.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Bobcat also shows up on Dana Gould's podcast fairly regularly, which is one of my favorite podcasts. Dana was also in the car with Bob when he was injured, they were doing a tour together. (I think they were t-boned while riding in an uber or something).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I have ever heard a Dollop where my sympathy with the subject varied this much. Holy poo poo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't think I have ever heard a Dollop where my sympathy with the subject varied this much. Holy poo poo.

I was telling a co worker how this was an all timer for me just because of how much your sympathy for him fluctuates. Those are the best Dollops IMHO.

EDIT: Also the story Bobcat tells about Robin Williams and Coco the Ape had me loving dying.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hahaha this next ep is about the loving Juicero. This is going to be good. :munch:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I saw this on Reddit:

This will be interesting.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Can't wait to get bummed out by the history of stop-and-frisk :gonk:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Juicero episode has an A+ Gareth "oh poo poo" realization moment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Spencer's and Hallmark was hilarious

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

The Deleter posted:

Holy poo poo Eddie Haymour, this one is a trip.

E: oh my god Bobcat's story at the end, it's like a smollop at the end of a dollop

That story instantly made the episode an all time favorite for me. It's got everything: dinosaurs, knights, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, oral sex, and horrifying revelations that you almost became a registered sex offender

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Unfinish3d posted:

That story instantly made the episode an all time favorite for me. It's got everything: dinosaurs, knights, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, oral sex, and horrifying revelations that you almost became a registered sex offender

I can't help but picture Paul Reubens listening to the podcast and going "Oh you MOTHERFUCKER!" once that bit hits.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Anyone know why Ep. 4 - Ghosts has disappeared from the feed?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Look around August 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
What's with the new episode of wwt

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Look around August 2019

Weird.

Anyhoozlebee, just bought a ticket to the March 10th show in LA with Bert Kreischer. Anyone else?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's wwt?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

What's wwt?

West wing thing, Dave's podcast about the west wing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Binowru posted:

Weird.

Anyhoozlebee, just bought a ticket to the March 10th show in LA with Bert Kreischer. Anyone else?

Yeah I don't know if it got pushed accidently or what but yeah I remembered it just popping spontaneously on my feed.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I tried to just check the price on a ticket to the show in my city but it was already sold out. I'm pretty sure I looked on the first day they announced the date on the show. Must have missed it the previous week :shrug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I know it was a long time ago and that Joe Biden has apologized for everything, but holy gently caress that episode infuriated me especially with the recent "Joementum" that has been happening since South Carolina. Biden is obsessed with respect from both sides and the loving Republicans don't give a poo poo about any of that. ARGHKLWJF:WLKHV:LK

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I know it was a long time ago and that Joe Biden has apologized for everything, but holy gently caress that episode infuriated me especially with the recent "Joementum" that has been happening since South Carolina. Biden is obsessed with respect from both sides and the loving Republicans don't give a poo poo about any of that. ARGHKLWJF:WLKHV:LK
He actually never apologized according to Anita Hill. It’s also telling that he finally approached her about the time he was going to run for President. I take his comments about as seriously as Bloomberg trying to disavow his years of supporting Stop and Frisk in NYC

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

Anyone know why Ep. 4 - Ghosts has disappeared from the feed?

Weird that you just asked this, I introduced a friend to the podcast and they asked me the same thing last night. She listened to it on youtube and said the only thing she found that could possibly be objectionable is they make fun of Ke$ha being raped by a ghost or something along those lines. I have a feeling that they edited it to credit some source differently.

Anyways I got tickets to the Detroit/Royal Oak show and I'm dead center, row 4. Looking forward to getting edited out of the live recording again. Last time I had a few cocktails before the show and Dave asked "Who here likes Trump?" and I yelled "wooo" really loud because I thought he said "who here is drunk?" A bunch of people around me turned and looked at me. They clipped that part out of the recording.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

One funny thing that struck me during the Juicero ep is that there was a spiritual link to Theranos (beyond just being silicon valley grifting).
The dude having a genius idea of "what if I took this big complicated machine and made it small even though I don't know anything" is the exact same origin as Theranos. Holmes just said hey I've got this great idea, blood testing but really small. Never stopped to consider that maybe that would be really complicated and maybe there was a reason that the technology hadn't already been miniaturised by actual scientists and engineers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cohsae posted:

One funny thing that struck me during the Juicero ep is that there was a spiritual link to Theranos (beyond just being silicon valley grifting).
The dude having a genius idea of "what if I took this big complicated machine and made it small even though I don't know anything" is the exact same origin as Theranos. Holmes just said hey I've got this great idea, blood testing but really small. Never stopped to consider that maybe that would be really complicated and maybe there was a reason that the technology hadn't already been miniaturised by actual scientists and engineers.
Yes and also i was thinking of the Soylent guy with how he was legit crazy, especially at the end where the Juicero dude just fucks off to go live in the woods and post about it on Instagram

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Has the water craze died? When I listened to the episode I didn't know the juicero guy was also one of the people going gaga over living water.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

Has the water craze died? When I listened to the episode I didn't know the juicero guy was also one of the people going gaga over living water.
I’m sure the raw water craze is still a thing in CA because rich people are idiots (see also: everything Goop sells).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m sure the raw water craze is still a thing in CA because rich people are idiots (see also: everything Goop sells).

I hope raw water continues to be a thing. Because the people who are into raw water are precisely the type of people you want to evacuate their organs through their anus due to raw water.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I am halfway through the Emmeline Pankhurst episode. I was at the recording here in Manchester and I’m glad the infuriating nature of Dave mispronouncing her name was apparent in the pod.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Being 4 when it all happened I only have heard about the whole event but never really looked into it. I knew Biden was involved but not like this. Holy gently caress what a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Yeah, I didn't know that Biden was involved - I was a kid at the time so the only thing that stuck was "coke can pubic hair" (pun absolutely NOT intended, ew). Then as soon as Dave mentioned Joe Biden, I realized why the episode wasn't titled "Clarence Thomas." The man is a secondary character in his own story.