Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

escape from tarkov is a game where you suffer greatly in your mission to make number go up. will number go up?? will it go down??? you decide. someone else make an effort post i can put here thanks.

hakimashou posted:

If you want to play tarkov with goons there's a big discord full of those people at:

https://discord.gg/fxvqwE6

da official wiki

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Escape_from_Tarkov_Wiki

ammo chart:

https://kokarn.github.io/tarkov-tools/

goon discord:

https://discord.gg/G4GHD35

Stux fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im new and ammo is confusing:

rifle ammo cheat sheet. normal ammos are effective against average armor, most helmets and face shields, and importantly are not overly expensive. sweaty option is effective against gear lords but will cost you more than your weapon.

9x39mm (VAL, VSS):

normal: sp-6, sp-5. sp-6 is preferable but a large price premium over sp-5 while still being cheaper than the other two. a vss with sp-5 can do well while not being as expensive a loadout as some of the more high end rifles.
sweaty: spp, bp

.366 TKM (Vepr AKM/VPO-209, VPO-215):

DONT USE THESE GUNS THEYRE COMPLETE GARBAGE ALL THE AMMO IS GARBAGE IF YOU START WITH ONE AS A SCAV REPLACE IT WITH LITERALLY ANYTHING.

5.45x39mm (AK-105, all AK/AKS-74 variants, RPK):

normal: BT but be aware of its tracer, BP can be used at a push but it is both worse and more expensive than BT
sweaty: BS, igolnik

5.56x45mm NATO (ADAR, M4, MDR (beige), HK, TX-15, AK-101/102):

normal: M855A1, M856A1 is a good budget round but be aware of its tracer again
sweaty: M995

a lot of the "meta" guns use these ammo types which can make them overly expensive early on compared to the more common AK systems

7.62x39mm (AK-103/104, all AKM variants, Vepr KM/VPO-136, SKS):

theres no normal and sweaty, its just BP. PS is the next best and serviceable early on, be aware it has issues with armor but if you dont get on with bolt action guns an SKS with PS can still get the job done if youre making use of it being semi auto.

7.62x51mm NATO (Vepr Hunter/VPO-101, MDR (black), SA-58, M1A, RSASS, SR-25, DVL-10, M700, T-5000):

normal: m80, tpz sp is tempting in a cheap vepr hunter build but if youre running one you might as well load up m80 cos youre only taking in 10 round mags anyway and the entire point of using it is to blast someone
sweaty: m61 for the best pen, m62 has a tracer but is still going to let you one tap everyone in the face regardless for a lot cheaper

7.62x54mmR (Mosin, SVD, SV-98):

normal: literally anything but i personally avoid T-46M. if you spawn in as a scav with that ammo its fine, all bullets in this calibre will punch through average armor, but T-46M has a tracer and LPS GZH doesnt and is cheaper from prapor anyway so use that
sweaty: 7BT1 but it has a tracer, SNB. 7N37 has more penetration than is required for any armor in game and loses damage off its stats in exchange for it.

if youre using a shotgun either you can afford AP-20 slugs or flechette and you should use those or you cant and you should shoot people in the legs with buckshot.

if youre fitting out SMGs you should know what youre doing and how to read the ammo chart above.

if youre using a pistol dont load expensive ammo unless you know why youre taking that ammo and not just hoping to land a lucky face shot.

Stux fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 13, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
New year, new thread!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Akion had a Tarkov-induced fit apparently

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
If I play this can I also get on the front page of Twitch?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

tarkov

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Carecat posted:

If I play this can I also get on the front page of Twitch?

Not you, but someone else probably could.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

How about that server downtime?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Jarf posted:

How about that server downtime?

Working as intended.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Having not played in a couple months, players seem to play completely different than before. Lots more sneaking around and flanking, going for ambushes and getting the jump on people. A lot less fire fighting. It is the way people should be playing, it's just crazy seeing how different it is now. Scavs hardly ever work together, which is a shame. I've tried to get some scavs to join forces and they just shoot me. I get it and i'm not complaining. I am excited about the changes in 0.13 with scav play though. I can't wait to get on a team and for scavs to start working together against a playerbase that is way geared out and playing smarter. As it stands, while scav play is still fun and can be rewarding (last run last night netted me a PMC kill that netted about 750k, this morning I found a couple keys/paracord and had a run that awarded roughly the same in loot and all done in about 5 minutes) it's quickly becoming "get the jump on someone or die". You almost have to camp as a scav now to have a shot at a PMC kill.

Also, my scavs are spawning with far worse loot. They definitely patched out all the labs keys I used to get. Not saying you can't still get them, but in December every 5-6 scav runs had me spawn with a labs key. I haven't seen one yet.

This is still one of my favorite games. It's only getting better over time too.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I accidentally deleted a money case with 20m rubles in it this morning. Good way to start the day.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

aniviron posted:

I accidentally deleted a money case with 20m rubles in it this morning. Good way to start the day.

throw an akion to support

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

AntherUslessPoster posted:

throw an akion to support

Did anyone figure out why Akion closed the last thread? Was it just a temper tantrum because he died in this first person shooter game? Was it because we called that guy a cheater?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

ShowTime posted:

Having not played in a couple months, players seem to play completely different than before. Lots more sneaking around and flanking, going for ambushes and getting the jump on people. A lot less fire fighting. It is the way people should be playing, it's just crazy seeing how different it is now. Scavs hardly ever work together, which is a shame. I've tried to get some scavs to join forces and they just shoot me. I get it and i'm not complaining. I am excited about the changes in 0.13 with scav play though. I can't wait to get on a team and for scavs to start working together against a playerbase that is way geared out and playing smarter. As it stands, while scav play is still fun and can be rewarding (last run last night netted me a PMC kill that netted about 750k, this morning I found a couple keys/paracord and had a run that awarded roughly the same in loot and all done in about 5 minutes) it's quickly becoming "get the jump on someone or die". You almost have to camp as a scav now to have a shot at a PMC kill.

Also, my scavs are spawning with far worse loot. They definitely patched out all the labs keys I used to get. Not saying you can't still get them, but in December every 5-6 scav runs had me spawn with a labs key. I haven't seen one yet.

This is still one of my favorite games. It's only getting better over time too.

I got 3 scav spawns with labs keys in a row two nights ago and last week my buddy spawned with ~1m roubles worth of keys (2 separate reserve keys) so they definitely have not patched or lowered the value, if anything I feel like they’ve raised it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

causticBeet posted:

I got 3 scav spawns with labs keys in a row two nights ago and last week my buddy spawned with ~1m roubles worth of keys (2 separate reserve keys) so they definitely have not patched or lowered the value, if anything I feel like they’ve raised it.

Good to know. Just bad luck I guess. I kind of prefer not spawning with anything crazy because it really puts the pressure on. If I spawn with some kind of armor, its not so bad, but scavs seem to never spawn with any armor at all and just die to a soft breeze.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Probably because someone accused others who used one of the cheapest and easiest to acquire red-dot sights in the game of being elitists or something.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Probably because someone accused others who used one of the cheapest and easiest to acquire red-dot sights in the game of being elitists or something.

I didn't even see that. Why people call that scope a tryhard scope i'll never know. Why people get upset that people play this game differently than they do i'll also never know.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you want to play tarkov with goons there's a big discord full of those people at:

https://discord.gg/fxvqwE6

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ran into some chinese hackers on shoreline, got dunked on, shed a single tear

if you see someone named like... douyou_241254151251, that's probably a hacker account.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Kazvall posted:

ran into some chinese hackers on shoreline, got dunked on, shed a single tear

if you see someone named like... douyou_241254151251, that's probably a hacker account.

That was the cool part about this game not being super popular for awhile: less hackers. They were still around, but as the game becomes more popular there will be more and more hackers obviously. Make sure you report the match.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
why can't I be connected for longer than 3 seconds.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Toalpaz posted:

why can't I be connected for longer than 3 seconds.

Yea i've been having a ton of issues the past hour or two. Mostly just can't connect to a match.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

Good to know. Just bad luck I guess. I kind of prefer not spawning with anything crazy because it really puts the pressure on. If I spawn with some kind of armor, its not so bad, but scavs seem to never spawn with any armor at all and just die to a soft breeze.

I would agree with you. Done at least 30 scav runs without seeing a single key card.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Servers are pretty fucky right now. Having lots of trouble getting into a match and when I just extracted of a decent scav run, it just sat there forever and I lost all my loot.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

so what is this game, is it good
are there aus servers or is it hosed

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tithin posted:

game is good, it is also hosed

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

tithin posted:

There's a Syndey server, but you should also leave the Singapore server enabled. The higher ping isn't a big deal, and it gets a lot more traffic, during parts of the day.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tithin posted:

1) it is a game about shooting russians and sticking stuff up your butt
2) it is the best game of the past 10 years
3) it has australian servers and there are even australian goons on the discord who play it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gotta be honest i didnt really do much here

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gotta be honest i didnt really do much here

Wait wait wait...are you opening bags within bags?! I didn't think you could do that! I always thought you had to remove the inner bag, take the outer bag off, then wear the inner bag, to view the contents. :aaa:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Major Isoor posted:

Wait wait wait...are you opening bags within bags?! I didn't think you could do that! I always thought you had to remove the inner bag, take the outer bag off, then wear the inner bag, to view the contents. :aaa:

Why... didn't you ever try double clicking on them?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why... didn't you ever try double clicking on them?

I'm sure I tried that on day one, but it merely opened up the 'properties' of the bag so I never bothered trying it again...clearly I'm not remembering correctly :saddowns: Oh well, this'll make life easier!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Major Isoor posted:

I'm sure I tried that on day one, but it merely opened up the 'properties' of the bag so I never bothered trying it again...clearly I'm not remembering correctly :saddowns: Oh well, this'll make life easier!
It does that if you're in a trade window. It's kinda stupid, to be fair, that double clicking a bag does different things depending on the context you're in. The fact I can't quickly go into my matryoshka doll of a bag in order to sell things is silly.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

https://streamable.com/bwf4j

gently caress exit campers

Edit: Also on display is the sheer paranoia I have when I play solo. But it's not really paranoia since everyone is trying to kill me.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

https://streamable.com/bwf4j

gently caress exit campers

Edit: Also on display is the sheer paranoia I have when I play solo. But it's not really paranoia since everyone is trying to kill me.

Get rid of that PACA and get some real armor.

For real: It's an armor class 2 which means it'll stop effectively nothing. 3 or better.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zipperelli. posted:

Get rid of that PACA and get some real armor.

Papa Prapor is making me wear it

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

It's for a quest

Ew. gently caress that quest.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Ew. gently caress that quest.

I mean its kind of an obnoxious quest, but it's basically just a "get PMC kills while not wearing [real] armor + carrying an extra 20-25k of insurable gear no one is likely to bother picking up" challenge, which is really not too bad (especially when compared to, say, Jaeger's bullshit)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

LGD posted:

I mean its kind of an obnoxious quest, but it's basically just a "get PMC kills while not wearing [real] armor + carrying an extra 20-25k of insurable gear no one is likely to bother picking up" challenge, which is really not too bad (especially when compared to, say, Jaeger's bullshit)

I hate these kinds of quests because even though im rich as gently caress and actually can't lose money faster than I make it at this point due to being OK at the game and having money making options all available, I just don't want to pay flea market markups for things like m61 and want an epsilon.... so I hate having to change my playstyle for like 3 hours of game content when really I just want to run FAL every day all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Toalpaz posted:

I hate these kinds of quests because even though im rich as gently caress and actually can't lose money faster than I make it at this point due to being OK at the game and having money making options all available, I just don't want to pay flea market markups for things like m61 and want an epsilon.... so I hate having to change my playstyle for like 3 hours of game content when really I just want to run FAL every day all day.

I feel like the quest flow is really messed up, the quests to kill guys with specific weapon should come earlier when you’re still figuring things out and exposure to different play styles would be more useful.
Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.