Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anne Whateley posted:

Even if people wanted to experiment with baking bread for the first time, stores have a lot less yeast than they have flour

Here U go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgNuPXIIvC8

Make bread from whatever grain product isn't sold out.

VikingSkull posted:

a lot of people have electric stoves in TYOOL 2020

can't bake bread when the power is out for a week

Tell that to 1800's guy. Just start a campfire in the parking lot.

E:

naem posted:

here is a relaxing video of some dad looking guy making bread in a log cabin to take your mind off the apocalypse https://youtu.be/XgNuPXIIvC8

FFFFFFF you

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Family of 6.

We have 2 months of food not counting 50lbs of rice, 50lbs flour, 40 lbs of dried beans, and 25 lbs oats. 3 months worth of catfood dogfood and litter. 3 months worth of diapers and wipes.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

remember to buy salt

what is it BIG PUFFY NIPS told me again?? always...put salt in my eyes

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 2, 2020

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Family of 6.

We have 2 months of food not counting 50lbs of rice, 50lbs flour, 40 lbs of dried beans, and 25 lbs oats. 3 months worth of catfood dogfood and litter. 3 months worth of diapers and wipes.

Hell yea!

Was pretty funny on the multiple stock up trips where I kept worrying about finding food, and my wife was like gently caress food, find ALL the WIPES.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man FL can’t even keep their word.

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1234310314465820674?s=21

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
hey cool, it's where i live now

what do i win

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/nyregion/new-york-coronvirus-confirmed.html

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
In Coronavirus Fight, China Gives Citizens a Color Code, With Red Flags https://nyti.ms/32Hyr4z

This story is wild... The same company that runs Alibaba worked with the Chinese government to create an app that takes data from people's phones and uses it to assign them a health status: red, yellow, or green. Green means you can move freely, yellow means one week quarantine, red means effectively indefinite quarantine. Nobody knows how the system is making its determinations. Something like 50 million people have the app on their phones

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It’s okay to eat normal food during disasters. Like you can just make sure you have two weeks of the food you usually eat instead of two days.

Hahahahah, don't touch the poop. Let them keep buying all the Dinty Moore and Wolf Brand Chili. I'm loving this.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

cheezel posted:

drat, so all my bragging at how much food I have and what not.. Just looked at my rice container and have maybe 2 cups left! PANIC.

Is this North or south or national distribution?

in wellington, i hear aucklands getting hit even worse no surprise

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Hahahahah, don't touch the poop. Let them keep buying all the Dinty Moore and Wolf Brand Chili. I'm loving this.

like all things pure and good, king of the hill ran this simulation for you already

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Another person has died in Washington state:
https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-01-20-intl-hnk/index.html
It was a 70 year old with underlying health issues.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Coronavirus confirmed in NYC, in Manhattan. It's a woman who was in Iran. No word on where she's been or what she's done since getting back (she was probably breathing all over the subway)

https://twitter.com/nycgov/status/1234303457185669121

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/HealthyFla/status/1234307914438889473

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Charliegrs posted:

Another person has died in Washington state:
https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-01-20-intl-hnk/index.html
It was a 70 year old with underlying health issues.

was the underlying health issue covid19

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

QuarkJets posted:

lol

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

QuarkJets posted:

No, just viral pneumonia

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

The underlying health issue was being 70 years old.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Coronavirus piled high

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I;m thinkin about thos Masks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/NaseemMiller/status/1234325364261949440

More info on my home state

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWQMvHNOnI

this is the "duck and cover" of our time

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I finally made the jump and bought a bidet, looking forward to spring time all up in my b-hole

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

At what point do we get to stop being suprised/sympathetic about these people who voluntarily and knowingly go to high-risk countries and then come back here and infect everyone

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

poverty goat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWQMvHNOnI

this is the "duck and cover" of our time

No I'm the Duck and Cover of our time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hazo posted:

At what point do we get to stop being suprised/sympathetic about these people who voluntarily and knowingly go to high-risk countries and then come back here and infect everyone

High risk countries like the United States?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Glumslinger posted:

High risk countries like the United States?

According to the linked articles, the people who’ve tested for it here in the US have traveled to Iran and Italy.

Then there’s the dumbass cruise ship comedian who broke quarantine and brought it to Washington.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hazo posted:

According to the linked articles, the people who’ve tested for it here in the US have traveled to Iran and Italy.

Then there’s the dumbass cruise ship comedian who broke quarantine and brought it to Washington.

Based on the timeline from scientists, it was already in Washington for weeks before that comedian showed up like Typhoid Mary

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hazo posted:

I don't know if you noticed but the outbreaks in Italy & Iran happened pretty drat fast. It was probably "fine" when they originally went over

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I don't know if you noticed but the outbreaks in Italy & Iran happened pretty drat fast. It was probably "fine" when they originally went over

Yeah this makes sense, good point

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I live in San Jose, my girlfriend lives in New York City, we're flying to Florida on Thursday and getting on a cruise on Saturday. It's been nice knowing you all.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Stopped by there yesterday to stock up on some apocalypse food. Got a few cans of off- brand Spam, and some nice big cans of sliced peaches and sliced apricots :thumbsup:

Come to think, the one thing that was completely sold out at the Asian supermarket was Spam. Sooner them than me.

VikingSkull posted:

a lot of people have electric stoves in TYOOL 2020

can't bake bread when the power is out for a week

In Hurricane Hugo, when the power went out, my late lamented mother-in-law made enormous vats of chili because she had a gas stove. She invited everybody in the neighborhood to come over.

If things go that pear-shaped, I also have a gas stove and will do the same. Well, minus the chili, because who knows if they'll have meat in the stores. Bread for all!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
All aboard the Goon Cruise?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Starting to think they should put everyone infected on a cruise ship and sink it

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Hazo posted:

According to this from the CDC there are three non-travel related cases. And that's from yesterday, there's like 73 more cases now. No idea how many of those haven't travel recently.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

numberoneposter posted:

my basement is directly on exposed bedrock and stays pretty cool in the summer even i could definitely buy like a spanish jambon leg for sure, or basically any type of meat that was kept before widespread refrigeration
I really miss having a cold cellar. We were at Costco a week or so ago and they actually had a whole jamon Serrano on a stand, for several hundred dollars. We stared at it bemusedly and decided it must be some sort of executive gift, or for a really push-the-boat-out party.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Come to think, the one thing that was completely sold out at the Asian supermarket was Spam. Sooner them than me.

In Hurricane Hugo, when the power went out, my late lamented mother-in-law made enormous vats of chili because she had a gas stove. She invited everybody in the neighborhood to come over.

If things go that pear-shaped, I also have a gas stove and will do the same. Well, minus the chili, because who knows if they'll have meat in the stores. Bread for all!

Your plan, if things go "that pear-shaped" during a pandemic, is to invite "everybody in the neighborhood to come over"?
:confuoot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I really miss having a cold cellar. We were at Costco a week or so ago and they actually had a whole jamon Serrano on a stand, for several hundred dollars. We stared at it bemusedly and decided it must be some sort of executive gift, or for a really push-the-boat-out party.

They marked it down to $80 a ham out here, since it seems no one knew what to do with it. I have two such hams I've been sitting on for basically no reason other than to give as gifts as needed so if it all comes down to it, I have two hams

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco thread has eaten multiple hams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

poeticoddity posted:

Your plan, if things go "that pear-shaped" during a pandemic, is to invite "everybody in the neighborhood to come over"?
:confuoot:
I might as well die being kind as being holed up in my house waiting for everybody else to die.