Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah so we're about to be swept over by a global pandemic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm just reassured they are being appropriately cared for, as opposed to inappropriately

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolphin posted:

glad you could make it, uther

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rah! posted:

trader joes in Oakland is all out of rice, the cheap eggs, and canned beans, also out of canned meat/fish except for anchovies i guess no one likes them

went to the one in berkeley trader joes just now. they were wiped out of pastas, canned beans, rices, cereals (except tj's cheerios knockoff), and toilet paper. but had eggs/cheeses/yogurts/frozen dinners/salads/breads and most everything else, albeit a less stock than normal. wasn't busy at all though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Xaris posted:

went to the one in berkeley trader joes just now. they were wiped out of pastas, canned beans, rices, cereals (except tj's cheerios knockoff), and toilet paper. but had eggs/cheeses/yogurts/frozen dinners/salads/breads and most everything else, albeit a less stock than normal. wasn't busy at all though.

has anyone tried hitting up a 99 ranch

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That's just because Trader Joe died on yesterday and he had all of the passwords for ordering more supplies

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a zillion pages late, but gently caress im usps in WA and if its already moving through our facilities we are hosed

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
hmm

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1234331728837214209?s=21

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You disgusting, dangerous MOTHERFUCKER! How DARE you post a news update?! Inciting panic, igniting fear! INDONESIA???

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dolphin posted:

yeah we're hosed lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
This poo poo is loving everywhere and the only reason why we don't know about it is a lack of testing

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You guys don't want canned beans. I can't believe the thread has gone this far and you people are still buying canned beans. You want dry beans and you soak them overnight before cooking. Way cheaper and you can store twice as much in half the space. Plus you can soak them with a bit of garlic, oregano, etc if you get tired of plain old beans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Don't soak overnight just pressure cook them from dry

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-talks-with-you-about-beans

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

this plague is a test which will separate the dry bean people from the canned bean people. only the former will find mercy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
This morning I inspected my most important strategic reserve, my booze cabinet. I've about 1.5 bottles of whiskey, 2 bottles of rum, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of gin. I picked up a case of beer this morning to help suppliment it.

In the event of a quarantine, my biggest risk is running out of mixers

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

You disgusting, dangerous MOTHERFUCKER! How DARE you post a news update?! Inciting panic, igniting fear! INDONESIA???

smdh...... i agree,,, idsgusting

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

This morning I inspected my most important strategic reserve, my booze cabinet. I've about 1.5 bottles of whiskey, 2 bottles of rum, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of gin.

*squiting* "Mick's hers?" who's Mick bub? drink your drink or get out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dry beans are best, crush them up and snort, become as powerful as a god

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pryor on Fire posted:

You guys don't want canned beans. I can't believe the thread has gone this far and you people are still buying canned beans. You want dry beans and you soak them overnight before cooking. Way cheaper and you can store twice as much in half the space. Plus you can soak them with a bit of garlic, oregano, etc if you get tired of plain old beans.

i agree but im just saying they were wiped clean. canned black beans are OK in a pinch for a 'hmm lets make burritos' 30 minutes beforehand.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dolphin posted:

us vs coronavirus:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Did we talk about this already? The CDC released a COVID 19 positive patient from quarantine in San Antonio on accident.

https://twitter.com/Ron_Nirenberg/status/1234287498181926912?s=19

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://www.wfla.com/news/wfla-plus/flu-is-bigger-worry-than-coronavirus-in-tampa-bay-expert-explains/

This article aged like milk.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

This morning I inspected my most important strategic reserve, my booze cabinet. I've about 1.5 bottles of whiskey, 2 bottles of rum, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of gin. I picked up a case of beer this morning to help suppliment it.

Get a Drinkmate and some lime juice and make your own mixer by the liter

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

going to the Ethiopian grocery store tomorrow for rice and beans but I work remote so quarantine is already basically just my daily life :smith:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

has anyone tried hitting up a 99 ranch

no i probably should tho, maybe tomorrow

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Don't soak overnight just pressure cook them from dry

Don't pressure cook them from dry just soak them overnight. You can soak them with a bit of garlic or beans if you get tired of them

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Don't pressure cook them from dry just soak them overnight. You can soak them with a bit of garlic or beans if you get tired of them

Tough poo poo I'm still gonna

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Japan update: The Great Toilet Paper Shortage is real. Food is everywhere, both fresh and stuff you can store long-term. Normal toiletries, medicine, etc also fine. Just the TP. I know it's happening in the US too, but locally it apparently stems from a social media rumor that China was going to stop sending toilet paper over...even though Japan manufactures pretty much all of their own.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

can I get aquafaba easily from soaking or cooking dry chickpeas

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

snoo posted:

can I get aquafaba easily from soaking or cooking dry chickpeas

more or less but afaik canned is better i.e. more viscous

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Chard posted:

more or less but afaik canned is better i.e. more viscous

I assume I could reduce it or something

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

The Glumslinger posted:

you’re making me panic, but “bottles” you mean “handles,” right?? Christ I need to make another liquor run.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Costco had no tissues, toiler paper, napkins, or paper towels of any kind lmao

we're stocked up tho

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how long can you refrigerate left over beans?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Flutieflakes017 posted:

you’re making me panic, but “bottles” you mean “handles,” right?? Christ I need to make another liquor run.

No, I mean the mini bottles they give out on airplanes :v:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

you'll be sober by april and dead by may

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i didnt get to lmao all day at this

so lmao im a usps worker and we all have to touch everything and we're all loving dead no more amazon packages for you

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Pryor on Fire posted:

Chard posted:

this plague is a test which will separate the dry bean people from the canned bean people. only the former will find mercy.

:hai: but canned beans are a good supplement to the superior bounty of dry beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i didnt get to lmao all day at this

so lmao im a usps worker and we all have to touch everything and we're all loving dead no more amazon packages for you

F