Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Patch notes are up here. Some interesting reading while the game updates on my snail paced internet connection.

Highlights:
- Armor kits reduced from 6 to 4. No word if they drop more frequently, but if the talent list in the notes is complete, every armor kit based talent except Unbreakable is gone and so are more healing/repair based one. Clutch has been reworked to just boost armor; no more Patience, Efficient or Entrenched in any form.
- Along similar lines, Berserk no longer exists. Good because it clashed hard with existing armor/health systems.
- Thieves' Den is gone. I was wondering how they would fix that when they were removing Grey Rogue; turns out that whole system is gone completely.
- Deconstructing contaminated items gives you contaminated resources, which I guess is what they meant by forcing extractions even for currency.
- The item progression gets somewhat reset when you start WONY; it gets downgraded to blue item rarity and only goes back to high ends when you hit the level cap. Exotics currently capped at GS515 but may change in the future.
- Reduced Signature Weapon damage to named enemies. RIP M32; RIP Tac-50 speedrun strats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maintenance extended by 30 minutes. (to 6:30 AM EST)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Morter posted:

after you beat the expansion campaign

edit: I'm getting that vibe due to almost every mention of "global difficulty" being tied to "resetting the map once you clear it".

Confirmed from the patch notes:

quote:

Global Difficulty
Players that have finished the Warlords of New York campaign can now choose to select a Global Difficulty. This will affect all gameplay, including Open World activities.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

dark loading screen

https://twitter.com/AgtMorganCreed/status/1234431974758060032

Roman fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 2, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

People have been asking Bungie for a destiny 2 dark loading screen for five loving years, and division here just knocks it’s out of the park. Lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Maintenance extended by 30 minutes. (to 6:30 AM EST)
aaaand another 30 minutes.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
And here I was thinking I was late to the party in downloading the 15 gig update to be ready for the server(s?) to go live. Now I get to sit looking at the mike-01 instead of going to bed. (like I should)

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

what is the point of signature weapons ?

Maybe I am way off but I feel like an AR has done WAY more damage than this supposedly strong, limited ammo weapon that is meant to feel special but feels like isn't worth the time to swap to it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Qmass posted:

Maybe I am way off but I feel like an AR has done WAY more damage than this supposedly strong, limited ammo weapon that is meant to feel special but feels like isn't worth the time to swap to it.
have you tried the grenade launcher or flamethrower?

but it's understandable to feel that way about the other ones

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Qmass posted:

My preferred weapons are close/medium range.

The survivalist crossbow helps me work on long range stuff, especially against tanky fuckers (BT Dogs)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Servers coming back online now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Woah what the gently caress! From the pop-up to start Warlords

“Warning! You won’t be able to access this character on other platforms where you don’t own the Warlords of New York expansion

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Can you carry characters between platforms?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

If Thieves Dens are gone, isn't there a trophy to go into one of those

That might be hard to do now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morter posted:

Can you carry characters between platforms?

That pop up is literally the first time I’ve even seen anything about it. If cross-save is coming and Warlords is good I’m absolutely double dipping and getting it on PS4 too

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That pop up is literally the first time I’ve even seen anything about it. If cross-save is coming and Warlords is good I’m absolutely double dipping and getting it on PS4 too

Same.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

For anyone on Xbox: Reports say WONY is also working on Xbox in US EST timezone

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Roman posted:

For anyone on Xbox: Reports say WONY is also working on Xbox in US EST timezone

It ain't working on the PC yet :argh:

Nothing but echo errors, even when i go as far as closing the uplay client.

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Well, it was up, but then the servers crashed and I can't back in to continue laughing at how oversimplified the gear + mods are now.

Its now at the level of "put make better thing on tough tough gloves for make shooty better".

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

JockstrapManthrust posted:

Well, it was up, but then the servers crashed and I can't back in to continue laughing at how oversimplified the gear + mods are now.

Its now at the level of "put make better thing on tough tough gloves for make shooty better".

I fully expect that having had the player Base moan that the gear systems in D1 and D2 are too complicated for half a decade we will now see non stop complaining that they are too simple/easy

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

smellmycheese posted:

I fully expect that having had the player Base moan that the gear systems in D1 and D2 are too complicated for half a decade we will now see non stop complaining that they are too simple/easy

This sounds like the cycle of every ubisoft game. It was most jarring for assassins creed.

AC 1, 2, 2B, 2R, 3, L: All these games are so same-y! You just stab people with your blade!

AC4: :aaa:

ACU, ACS, ACOr: WHERE ARE THE BOATS?!?!?! :argh:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

Hello,

The Team is aware of these errors and currently investigating the issue.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Thieves' Den is gone. I was wondering how they would fix that when they were removing Grey Rogue; turns out that whole system is gone completely.

Out of all the changes they've made so far, the DZ alterations still remain to me the most questionable. Like decreasing the importance of NPCS and essentially forcing a player encounter every extract.

I still think the venial sin versus mortal sin push-pull of the DZs with the gray status was an interesting idea, along with playing what's essentially a third person stealth game against humans if you were just trying to check into the vendor or steal the occasional box.

Considering how much they dropped the ball thematically in this game, I think they could have leaned into showing what a jerk you are when stealing supply crates by including open world trinkets like the teddy bears and such.

A trailer indicated bonuses for "helping players" as well as everyone just shooting each other, so I'll be curious how they'll walk the line. If everyone just kills each other all the time, they're not even doing a good job cloning Kane and Lynch 2's multiplayer.

I'm not someone who thinks the mechanics of Div1 deserve the rose tinted glasses many give it, but I'm still curious the need to force changes here when the original never considered it. If anything, they continued making exploring the DZ space more and more rewarding and fruitful with time in the prior game.

I get this sinking feeling some of their whiniest critics will still complain when they find a lack of people to farm since loot's essentially flat across the board now. I don't mind being a juicy target since I'm bad at murder (maybe the new system will change that), but kinda bummed they took away the gray rouge style I got used to playing with.

Admitted this is all moot anyways when it appears their focus remains on co-op expansions and landmasses, which is still good stuff despite the year one missions being fairly tepid.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

JockstrapManthrust posted:

Counterpoint: the old loot system was bad and nearly inscrutable; no longer needing to alt-tab and cross reference with multiple spreadsheets and formulas is a net positive. Also the whole stat budget system and needing to hope for all other rolls on a piece to be bad in order for the stat you wanted to be good, needing to double up on items just for recalibration, etc. It was terrible and anyone who defends it is dumb.

LackinPants! posted:

Out of all the changes they've made so far, the DZ alterations still remain to me the most questionable. Like decreasing the importance of NPCS and essentially forcing a player encounter every extract.

I still think the venial sin versus mortal sin push-pull of the DZs with the gray status was an interesting idea, along with playing what's essentially a third person stealth game against humans if you were just trying to check into the vendor or steal the occasional box.

Considering how much they dropped the ball thematically in this game, I think they could have leaned into showing what a jerk you are when stealing supply crates by including open world trinkets like the teddy bears and such.

A trailer indicated bonuses for "helping players" as well as everyone just shooting each other, so I'll be curious how they'll walk the line. If everyone just kills each other all the time, they're not even doing a good job cloning Kane and Lynch 2's multiplayer.

I'm not someone who thinks the mechanics of Div1 deserve the rose tinted glasses many give it, but I'm still curious the need to force changes here when the original never considered it. If anything, they continued making exploring the DZ space more and more rewarding and fruitful with time in the prior game.

I get this sinking feeling some of their whiniest critics will still complain when they find a lack of people to farm since loot's essentially flat across the board now. I don't mind being a juicy target since I'm bad at murder (maybe the new system will change that), but kinda bummed they took away the gray rouge style I got used to playing with.

Admitted this is all moot anyways when it appears their focus remains on co-op expansions and landmasses, which is still good stuff despite the year one missions being fairly tepid.

TBH in my experience it was about 50-50 whether or not someone cared if you were grey rogue and whether they opened fire. The biggest failing is still making all the dark zones so small that seeing other players is inevitable; the other day I was playing Div1 and was able to sneak past a full party of level 5 manhunt rogues because gosh the zones are actually big enough for me to do that. I'm predicting we'll be in a similar situation as last summer during the major content drought and the gankers will just be fighting amongst themselves.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Well I’m on PS4 in the UK and the expansion is live for me !?!? Playing it now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
RIP Aces and Eights.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
So the expansion is live on consoles even though it was supposed to be a day later. PC on the other hand where it should work is dead because the servers poo poo themselves. Those who actually managed to get in have a progression bug and can't progress in the story.

This is actually worse then the launch last year, how is that possible?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

lagidnam posted:

how is that possible?
just 2020 things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m playing on PC right now with no issues? Hell, I’m playing remotely via Steam Link!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lagidnam posted:

So the expansion is live on consoles even though it was supposed to be a day later. PC on the other hand where it should work is dead because the servers poo poo themselves. Those who actually managed to get in have a progression bug and can't progress in the story.

This is actually worse then the launch last year, how is that possible?

through Ubisoft the most baffling poo poo is possible

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Can report from PS4 that it’s pretty loving cool right off the bat.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I'm a $3 agent that hasn't played before, currently level 20. Can I play regularly to 30 for the story missions, then apply the boost to world level 5 on my current character and start the expansion? Do I even need to do that if I hit 30 naturally?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smellmycheese posted:

Can report from PS4 that it’s pretty loving cool right off the bat.

good to hear wony playstation is good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Dammit. If I had known PS4 would be live today, I'd have taken today off work and not tomorrow.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sipher posted:

I'm a $3 agent that hasn't played before, currently level 20. Can I play regularly to 30 for the story missions, then apply the boost to world level 5 on my current character and start the expansion? Do I even need to do that if I hit 30 naturally?
if you boost it will autocomplete all main and side missions in DC, and you won't be able to replay the side missions. so if you care about *~the whole experience~* you might want to finish that first.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m playing on PC right now with no issues? Hell, I’m playing remotely via Steam Link!
I played the intro fine on PC before work. I'm a little worried about this progression bug I've heard about (but didn't experience)?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
For anyone wondering, I just bought the expansion right in the game launcher (in the US) and the 20% off code you get with ubisoft points worked despite claiming it doesn't work on pre-orders. I know I tried it once before and it didn't work, so uhh try again I guess?

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
So, Fashion SHD is very important to me, and I'm not seeing anything about how apparel keys will work after level 40. Does anyone know yet if we're gonna keep getting apparel keys the same way? I know that going forward, Apparel Events will be only for Warlords players, along with Global Events and Seasons, but everything about the SHD Progression levels after 40 completely skips over new clothes (or I somehow skipped over it :) ).

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

Roman posted:

if you boost it will autocomplete all main and side missions in DC, and you won't be able to replay the side missions. so if you care about *~the whole experience~* you might want to finish that first.

Thanks. So if I play through the missions at story difficulty for the content, then boost, it'll boost me to world tier 5 and then I start the expansion content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Sipher posted:

Thanks. So if I play through the missions at story difficulty for the content, then boost, it'll boost me to world tier 5 and then I start the expansion content?

If you play through story missions then you'll get to WT5 in no time just by virtue of doing that.