Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

SgtScruffy posted:

Someone record this over the intro to The Dead Flag Blues

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i've already done a lot of damage to my pork jerky

gotta get more

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

SirPablo posted:

It's a lot of meat to take, if you aren't prepared

:hmmyes:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ate a dog on Friday. It definitely had seeds on the bun. Guess I've just never noticed all these years. I kinda feel like if you can actually taste sesame seeds on a sandwich/hot dog, then that means it was so flavorless to be not worth eating in the first place

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Looking back on the photos I have of my Costco food, can confirm sesame seeds.

Moey fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 1, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Sesame seeds are more about texture and the pops you get chewing them than actual flavour. I love a seeded bun personally.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gonna swing by the costco later today. Hopefully its not pure chaos.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I went to two locations this week, one Thursday after work, the other Saturday morning. Neither looked any different from normal, and didn't seem that busy. The water and paper products were lighter on Saturday, but not out.

The weird thing was Wednesday, my local Walmart was out of all bleach products. Both Costcos had plenty though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I love a seed bun, but the two new Jersey locations I worship at don't put their dogs on them. I would have noticed.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ate a hotdog in Michigan a few days ago, paying close attention to the bun.

Seedless, as usual. Which is good, I don't like sesame seeds.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
I tried to go to the Costco in Cypress California today and it was a loving mad house. I just went to Vons for some cooking oil and strawberries instead

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Another huge loving line to get in today at it was like 11:00AM, I just wanted a hot dog and soda + refill but couldn't

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Maybe I'm clueless but I don't know anyone who's panicking at all about this. Local store was about the same as can be expected on a Sunday. I picked up a pair of those Adirondack chairs. They're very well made and hopefully last a long time.

And a Prime 18 lb Brisket that I'm smoking for St Patrick's Day feast. Expensive day but worth it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StormDrain posted:

Maybe I'm clueless but I don't know anyone who's panicking at all about this. Local store was about the same as can be expected on a Sunday. I picked up a pair of those Adirondack chairs. They're very well made and hopefully last a long time.

And a Prime 18 lb Brisket that I'm smoking for St Patrick's Day feast. Expensive day but worth it.

I live in an extremely boomer area and corona hates those guys, naturally they are freaking out hard.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/extremely_wet/status/1234223154702307330

https://twitter.com/extremely_wet/status/1234223699877859329

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ah, the good ol' Bifecta.

The Triple Combo, of course, includes the Chicken Bake. And the Ultra Combo is all of the above plus a churro dunked into a vanilla/acai swirl. :krad:

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Don't see no seeds on that bun

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Trifecta or bust.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Moey posted:

Trifecta or bust.

#blessed

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
At the suggestion of someone earlier in the thread, I ran into town to get some extra pet food since I'm down to maybe half a bag each of cat and dog food. The store in town was jam packed, easily 50-100% more traffic than normal even for sunday. It was a madhouse and I decided not to get a dog. I ran some other errands in town (needed to hit the butcher for some skirt steak and wanted to run through Menards for some stuff) and then went to the "out of town" one on my way home and grabbed a dog there. That one was practically empty, although I did get there like 15 minutes before they closed.

Both stores were out of Kirkland toilet paper and it looked like people were taking paper towels instead :lol: The out of town store had maybe a half pallet of Charmin' left. Water was getting hit hard but both stores still had maybe a half dozen pallets out.

Pet food makes sense to me, it's largely made in china and if supply chains get disrupted it's good to have a couple months stocked up. I don't really get what the draw for water and toilet paper are though? It's not an earthquake or hurricane where water supply is going to be hosed up, even if you have to hole up in your house there's still probably gonna be water service (if you're city water) and electric (if you're well water). I guess if you are low on toilet paper then by all means stock up but I don't see a specific need in this situation. And I don't get why you'd buy water at all.

Menards is sold out of hand sanitizer and masks but that's nothing new, those supply chains have been turbofucked for a month or two now.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 2, 2020

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

imho the single slice is better than a whole pizza

like, less is more in a sense.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Only thing empty here was Kirkland water, but its hard to tell if its abnormal. Sundays usually mean like 2.5 pallets on the floor, and by 5:30 they're empty or close to it normally. Everything else was normal levels. Store was a bit more crowded than normal.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Paul MaudDib posted:

At the suggestion of someone earlier in the thread, I ran into town to get some extra pet food since I'm down to maybe half a bag each of cat and dog food. The store in town was jam packed, easily 50-100% more traffic than normal even for sunday. It was a madhouse and I decided not to get a dog. I ran some other errands in town (needed to hit the butcher for some skirt steak and wanted to run through Menards for some stuff) and then went to the "out of town" one on my way home and grabbed a dog there. That one was practically empty, although I did get there like 15 minutes before they closed.

Both stores were out of Kirkland toilet paper and it looked like people were taking paper towels instead :lol: The out of town store had maybe a half pallet of Charmin' left. Water was getting hit hard but both stores still had maybe a half dozen pallets out.

Pet food makes sense to me, it's largely made in china and if supply chains get disrupted it's good to have a couple months stocked up. I don't really get what the draw for water and toilet paper are though? It's not an earthquake or hurricane where water supply is going to be hosed up, even if you have to hole up in your house there's still probably gonna be water service (if you're city water) and electric (if you're well water). I guess if you are low on toilet paper then by all means stock up but I don't see a specific need in this situation. And I don't get why you'd buy water at all.

Menards is sold out of hand sanitizer and masks but that's nothing new, those supply chains have been turbofucked for a month or two now.

Yeah I don't get the TP thing either. Or the prepping. But to be honest, it kind of got to me for a second when I saw the latest CNN clickbait headline and I kind of contemplated grabbing stocking up on something...then I came to my senses and realized there's 89 cases of Coronavirus in the US. We're 327+ million people. Lol we're fine

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Oh dear

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I think the reason for TP is not having to rush to the store if you think the Joneses might be infected.

Also, if you end up working from home for a length of time, presumably you go through it faster.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alarbus posted:

I think the reason for TP is not having to rush to the store if you think the Joneses might be infected.

Also, if you end up working from home for a length of time, presumably you go through it faster.

Alternately, TPing their trees while they're sick and can't stop you.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Alarbus posted:

I really should start expensing my TP.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If I catch Coronavirus I'm going to go to Costco and strategically cough on people who block walkways while waiting in line for free samples.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Renegret posted:

If I catch Coronavirus I'm going to go to Costco and strategically cough on people who block walkways while waiting in line for free samples.

You joke (maybe?) but my visit to Costco on Saturday had people open mouth coughing and sneezing without covering their face holes and people would rush to get the gently caress away from them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think a lot of news articles just reuse emergency planning articles from earthquakes etc because I have seen a few talking about stocking up on bottled water, which wouldn’t be an issue in a quarantine.

They also had stuff on propane cook surfaces etc too, it’s definitely a mad clickbait rush.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just buy some water filters you god drat animals. Your don't need bottled water

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

priznat posted:

I think a lot of news articles just reuse emergency planning articles from earthquakes etc because I have seen a few talking about stocking up on bottled water, which wouldn’t be an issue in a quarantine.

They also had stuff on propane cook surfaces etc too, it’s definitely a mad clickbait rush.

No it's real. I work at Costco and the last two days we've totally sold out of water bottles. And I live no where near reported cases

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

No it's real. I work at Costco and the last two days we've totally sold out of water bottles. And I live no where near reported cases

Oh I know people are loading up on water bottles but it’s probably a lot to do with these articles and it just becomes a group reinforced behaviour ie I see others loading up on water therefore I must load up too!!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Enos Cabell posted:

I bought a Traeger wood pellet grill and a bunch of st. louis spare ribs at the Co yesterday. Gonna fire that bad boy up here in a few.

Join us in the Slow Smoking Meat forum.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I don't know if they're actually new, but just tried these Kirkland frozen egg white vegetable frittatas that microwave in a bag and they're great

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ravendas posted:

Ate a hotdog in Michigan a few days ago, paying close attention to the bun.

Seedless, as usual. Which is good, I don't like sesame seeds.

Stop lying why are you lying

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Username/post combo.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

fwiw i got dragged to costco (mishwaka, in) last saturday afternoon for pizza (i usually go on weekdays 1-2 hrs before close to avoid the crowds) and it was packed. I've never seen the parking lot so full, we literally had to park all the way at the end of the lot. It was nuts inside. Didn't pay particular attention to what people were stocking up, but definitely a lot busier than a usual weekend that isn't a holiday or has some Notre Dame game going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

So back story: Our store had just opened and we were signing up for accounts on Day 1. I, as a joke, filled out my name as Ticklebuns to make my wife laugh. She did not. But the manager of the this particular Costco thought it was hilarious and granted me the name Ticklebuns on my card. So now, I get asked every time I go through check out. Worth it.