Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keep in mind you CAN’T use the boost if you’re level 30 / WT5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Did not like Division 1 a whole lot but I tried the free weekend and it was good. Good game.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Perfect, thanks!

I'd bought this on Epic, not realizing you could get it directly from Ubi for the $3. Confirming my 20% off code worked on the Warlords of New York version on the Ubi store. Didn't even have to reinstall anything. Cost less than buying the expansion alone on the Epic store.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't know if it's just because it's new, but already I think NYC is more visually interesting than DC.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

We are having issues finding the underlying issues for this problem and it's a new issue that we haven't encountered in this way before. Unfortunately this means a solution for this is taking much longer than we would like. We want to express how sorry we are about this and it's definitely not the service we want to offer.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2194234-ECHO-Investigating-the-ECHO-error-messages

welp

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know if it's just because it's new, but already I think NYC is more visually interesting than DC.

There seem to be a lot more people and police cars strung up

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That pop up is literally the first time I’ve even seen anything about it. If cross-save is coming and Warlords is good I’m absolutely double dipping and getting it on PS4 too

I got it for cheap on PS4 because why not. If that becomes true, I'm getting Warlords on PS4 too.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Nobody on earth needs a videogame to understand this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

Nobody on earth needs a videogame to understand this.

Oh yeah man. I meant in the game itself. Ever since they announced Warlords, I always wondered if the devs felt they made a mis-step in setting the sequel in DC and they were trying to correct this. After just doing the intro mission, I suspect I'm right.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh yeah man. I meant in the game itself. Ever since they announced Warlords, I always wondered if the devs felt they made a mis-step in setting the sequel in DC and they were trying to correct this. After just doing the intro mission, I suspect I'm right.

DC was always cool bc it is a power center of govt, but NYC is a world city

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Having Tom Clancy in the title does gently caress with the feng shui of the division. All paths lead to washington for that man.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

regarding difficulty
different difficulties change audio and story elements
so even with the difficulty changes, first playthroughs will always be on Story

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1234141606422417410

Roman fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 2, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fcdefa/my_first_experience_with_nyc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Excited to try the new talents, the shield got some good ones, one that grants bonus armor to you and your teammates when you shield is damaged on the chest and one that gives you +35% weapon damage when you have bonus armor. Combine those with protected reload if it still exists and you've got a sweet build going.

It also seems like your hard wired seeker/turret builds are gonna be just fine as long as you drop the btsu gloves. I liked the tag team talent, marks the last enemy damaged by your skills and gives you -4s to cooldowns if you shoot them yourself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All my skill mods (+ cluster, +damage, +haste) got converted to like... 2% haste and healing. :rip:

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They did some backend stuff and I managed to log in on my second try. Give it a go.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So the new Black Tusk faction get a support station. Where's ours, Massive?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Tesla Was Robbed posted:

DC was always cool bc it is a power center of govt, but NYC is a world city

Div3 should be LA or SF.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

In the short time I played my HW BTSU build still kinda worked but cooldown was 30 seconds and I only had like 145000 armor. Guess it's time to start slapping those new pieces on when I get home later.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

Div3 should be LA or SF.
The pushback on it being LA is that LA is too huge and open and that it would have to be basically a Ghost Recon game with vehicles and stuff just to get around

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There’s like 7 or 8 Burroughs left in NYC to work through, no need to go anywhere else.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

We still haven't seen what's in Central Park yet after the tease in TD1. Unless that's where you end up going to fight Keener. Not spoiling, I don't know and am pretty sure no one's beaten WONY yet to tell us

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you played Division 1 there was at least 1 echo that explained what’s in Central Park, we just haven’t seen it. It’s where all the dead bodies in New York got shipped to until there weren’t enough people left to keep moving them. So all those piles of body bags in the northern part of the Division 1 DZ? That’s just a teaser.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
the final boss is the server operators, we're fighting them as we speak

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

H2SO4 posted:

the final boss is the server operators, we're fighting them as we speak

I’m losing badly, then.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Morter posted:

This sounds like the cycle of every ubisoft game. It was most jarring for assassins creed.

AC 1, 2, 2B, 2R, 3, L: All these games are so same-y! You just stab people with your blade!

AC4: :aaa:

ACU, ACS, ACOr: WHERE ARE THE BOATS?!?!?! :argh:

Origin had boat(kind of)

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Kibayasu posted:

If you played Division 1 there was at least 1 echo that explained what’s in Central Park, we just haven’t seen it. It’s where all the dead bodies in New York got shipped to until there weren’t enough people left to keep moving them. So all those piles of body bags in the northern part of the Division 1 DZ? That’s just a teaser.

That's not really a spoiler, a lot of people talk about it during the game. There is a whole mission based onto it where you go into some kind of modern day "tomb" in the sewer.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anyone missing cosmetics? I'm missing 10 or so.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

So I've come back to the game recently and I'm loving the location specific gear priorities, however I have a question. Are certain specific gear talents restricted to/from certain manufacturers? For example, in Wyvern Wear I can't find a holster with Fill Er Up or body armor with Berserk.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

So I've come back to the game recently and I'm loving the location specific gear priorities, however I have a question. Are certain specific gear talents restricted to/from certain manufacturers? For example, in Wyvern Wear I can't find a holster with Fill Er Up or body armor with Berserk.

Those talents are gone. Read the patch notes linked above.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I didn't realize that if you go to NYC you get stuck there until you're level 40.

gently caress IT HERE WE GO

edit: uhhhh, so it might be a bit bugged out. I didn't go to NYC through the NYC pilot, but I went to Coney Island through the normal pilot that takes you to Kenly/Pentagon/etc.

Restarted the game and it seems better now.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 2, 2020

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Wait, I thought the expansion came out tomorrow - it’s already live?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

2 out of 4 manhunts work for me, the other 2 are stuck on trying to talk to the community leader.

Hopefully they fix it soon-ish :v:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

cougar cub posted:

Wait, I thought the expansion came out tomorrow - it’s already live?

Yes. They’ve screwed up. It’s live on PS4 and Xbox. I’ve been playing it all day in the UK

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh god the new gun dogs are evil. Triple grenade spammer? Hard pass.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
oof this first fight is running like dogshit

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Anyone missing cosmetics? I'm missing 10 or so.

I'm missing my entire stash contents, the only thing in there is the free exotic I got with the game. All the other exotics and gear is gone.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

JockstrapManthrust posted:

I'm missing my entire stash contents, the only thing in there is the free exotic I got with the game. All the other exotics and gear is gone.

Ubi is apparently doing maintenance on other systems which could be part of the problem. I got on the line with Ubi support. The guy told me to restore my licenses, reinstall the game, or give it a day or two. Restoring the licenses didn't fix it, so I'm reinstalling right now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My build got neutered. Lost all my mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

On another note:

WE’RE HOME BITCHES!!!!!

:blastu::circlefap::blastu::circlefap::blastu::circlefap::blastu: