Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jeeeeesus christ

DGB posted:

Hey, that “we’re not sellers, we’re actually going for it” mentality was fun for the few days it lasted, right? The team’s star players probably appreciated the vote of confidence. You’re having fun, right Jack Eichel?

https://twitter.com/BuffaloVogl/status/1233961334670118912

Yeah, he sounds like he’s having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage and also in second place in the Metro.

Fox did an amazing Jack Johnson impression on the Flyers' 4th goal

e: Eichel's going to demand a trade this summer isn't he?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Eichel just needs a change of scenery... something like the prairies and the rocky mountains and pickup trucks with bumper nuts.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

It's beautiful.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't think it's that dire man. JJ is going to get bumped down to probably the third pair once Dumo/Marino come back. He was if not good then at least barely tolerable there.

But until those two get healthy they should probably be adjusting the pairings because what they are doing is not working.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I hope you're right but I'll believe that when I see it. Sullivan is irrationally in love with him, it's a huge blind spot for a guy who is otherwise one of the best coaches in the NHL.

Also he doesn't belong on the third pair once Dumo/Marino comes back, he belongs in the press box, until such time as he can be packed off to another team. If he even dresses for a playoff game it's a huge mistake.

It's loving dire btw:

Here's last year

and full career.

The Penguins are basically a top tier team without JMFJ on the ice and with him they're awful. It would be really really impressive if not for infuriating.

Edit: Charts are courtesy of poster DJ Exile via Micah's charting hockey that once they start doing xG stuff I'll probably spend the 10bux for.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 2, 2020

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Wow, I thought I remembered JJ being at least useful offensively early in his career but I guess not

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The only thing Jack Johnson has ever excelled at was being friends with Sidney Crosby.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1234526765789282304

dom nooooo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

jeeeeesus christ

How long before he demands to be traded? 6 months?

IMO, he's been pretty patient in waiting for them to make a decent squad

ThinkTank posted:

The only thing Jack Johnson has ever excelled at was being friends with Sidney Crosby.

Untrue, he also excelled st being financially screwed by his parents

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 2, 2020

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Didn't Dylan Larkin say the Wings were gonna make a play this year and be better than people think

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's loving dire btw:

Dumoulin coming back knocks JJ off the top pair. He's still a problem, but at least less of one. And one that Marino was carrying earlier in the year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fawning deference posted:

Didn't Dylan Larkin say the Wings were gonna make a play this year and be better than people think

It was either him or DeKeyser, yeah

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Presumably they have made at least one play in some game this season

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're better than I thought.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Dumoulin coming back knocks JJ off the top pair.

Yeah for like 3 games before Dumo gets hurt again because it's been that kind of year for him

Of course Jack Johnson, the worst player in the NHL who gets 20 minutes a night and doesn't play for the Red Wings or Senators, never, ever gets hurt

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah for like 3 games before Dumo gets hurt again because it's been that kind of year for him

Of course Jack Johnson, the worst player in the NHL who gets 20 minutes a night and doesn't play for the Red Wings or Senators, never, ever gets hurt

Here, have a little hope

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1234531602572685314?s=20

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

Roman Polak would like a word.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean it'd be weird if Larkin had said "Yeah we're gonna eat poo poo this year". Accurate, but weird.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DJExile posted:

jeeeeesus christ

When Jack Eichel retires the Sabres memorabilia shelf in his den is just going to be a bunch of framed photos of him taunting Leafs fans in the stands and nothing else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cocaine Bear posted:

Roman Polak would like a word.

Is Dalton Prout still employed?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

vancouver is gonna miss the playoffs thereby keeping their first round pick but are going to be even worse next year when markstrom, toffoli and tanev all walk

only jim benning could have engineered this

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

When Jack Eichel retires the Sabres memorabilia shelf in his den is just going to be a bunch of framed photos of him taunting Leafs fans in the stands and nothing else.

I'm not sure "Meaningful Accomplishments" is the hill Leafs fans want to die on

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Dalton Prout still employed?

I think he died. Also, Jamie oleksiak played 20 mins in each of the Stars previous pair of losses, so we've got two on Pittsburgh.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

the talent deficit posted:

vancouver is gonna miss the playoffs thereby keeping their first round pick but are going to be even worse next year when markstrom, toffoli and tanev all walk

While I would enjoy that incredible asset management, there still plenty of time for any/all team(s) from the wet fart division to go on a extended losing streak and miss the playoffs.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
I like the scenario of the Canucks dropping down to a wildcard spot while Edmonton and Calgary maintain theirs so we can get what we all deserve and that's the battle of Alberta playoffs edition :devil:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's March and the Flyers are arguably the best team in hockey at the moment and no I won't calm down

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

LOL, hottest at the moment yes, best no. The Bruins are the best team and it's not close. The Lightning and Caps are also better than the Flyers.

Personally I've never had any hate for the Flyers since the rage from the Primeau/Tugnutt Game wore off (in about 2009) and it's cool and good that they're good again, but come on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They haven't played an NHL team since February 15th.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Neither have the Penguins :iceburn:

(OK they played the Caps)

e: vvv The magic of the Pacific is that fans of five teams can still legitimately dream of a Cinderella run to get crushed like an ant under a truck tire by St. Louis or Colorado in the WCF.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 2, 2020

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Misanthrope posted:

While I would enjoy that incredible asset management, there still plenty of time for any/all team(s) from the wet fart division to go on a extended losing streak and miss the playoffs.

This is basically the only thing keeping me going lately. Whenever I think "the canucks are bad" I have to remember that while that is true, it is also true for everybody else they're competing with. Hence, the playoff hope remains. That and watching Quinn Hughes play hockey.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This Canucks playoff bet is a hell of an emotional ride

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You guys think Jakob Pelletier will stick in the pros?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

LOL, hottest at the moment yes, best no. The Bruins are the best team and it's not close. The Lightning and Caps are also better than the Flyers.

Personally I've never had any hate for the Flyers since the rage from the Primeau/Tugnutt Game wore off (in about 2009) and it's cool and good that they're good again, but come on.

vs boston: 2-0
vs washington: 2-1
vs tampa bay: 0-2

in my view the lightning are the only truly scary team in the east in a seven game series

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

maybe he won’t be completely rear end with the Avs defense in front. even 75% rear end would probably get the job done tonight

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

triple sulk posted:

vs boston: 2-0
vs washington: 2-1
vs tampa bay: 0-2

in my view the lightning are the only truly scary team in the east in a seven game series

I guess in a Bruins fan's view, the only truly scary teams in the east are the Flyers and, uh... *checks notes* Red Wings

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

Neither have the Penguins :iceburn:

(OK they played the Caps)

e: vvv The magic of the Pacific is that fans of five teams can still legitimately dream of a Cinderella run to get crushed like an ant under a truck tire by St. Louis or Colorado in the WCF.

Nah, Dallas has had Colorado's number all year It'll be at Louis that does the crushing

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i've decided the canucks making the playoffs this year is better because without markstrom next year they're gonna be a bottom 5 team

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

the talent deficit posted:

I know the nhl is bush league and coaches and GMs ice terrible players for reasons we could never hope to fathom, but what if the Canucks waived Eriksson? I know that's a lot of salary buried in the minors which is embarrassing and all, but imagine if he refuses to report? It doesn't look like he's trying that hard to begin with, I sincerely doubt he would be interested in playing in Utica. I am wholeheartedly behind any desperate measure to fix the cap issue.

Like does any other team have this bad of an issue with the cap right now? I.e. struggling to make the playoffs, a bunch of useless and aged overpaid 4th liners (at best) with NTCs who are untradeable regardless, and a bunch of desperately needed talent they can't afford to sign, including their no 1 goaltender. And potentially no high draft picks this year. Lmao, what a nightmare.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Huggybear posted:

Like does any other team have this bad of an issue with the cap right now? I.e. struggling to make the playoffs, a bunch of useless and aged overpaid 4th liners (at best) with NTCs who are untradeable regardless, and a bunch of desperately needed talent they can't afford to sign, including their no 1 goaltender. And potentially no high draft picks this year. Lmao, what a nightmare.

Like a third of the league, actually. Nhl GMs aren't a smart lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

i've decided the canucks making the playoffs this year is better because without markstrom next year they're gonna be a bottom 5 team

Even with him they're barely an also ran. They've taken advantage of a weak division having a down year for much of the season. They won't get lucky again. They either make the playoffs or they sacrifice a lottery pick next year.