Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Grakkus posted:

Took some pictures for the sale ad and thought I'd throw some of them up here as well.

Going to miss this thing.

If it hasn't gone already, post up the link. I follow a few weird car accounts on twitter and they'd be very interested in such a minter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Grakkus posted:

Thanks! ~150k miles, ~7500 since I lowkey restored it. It's been an absolute joy and it's really painful to be selling it.

They're even more comfortable than they look :) You get out of them after ten hour journeys fresh as a daisy.

They're getting a lot of attention lately and the prices have definitely been going up. I've seen mint GTis go for as much as €9k; good ones are about 5-6 but tend to be survivors with aging parts, unlike mine which has pretty much everything replaced or refreshed. I'm looking for 6k, though I can give a decent goon discount :wmwink:

If it wasn't for the fact that I need my first classic to be RWD (never had one) I'd be temped! I hope you get what you are looking for because that is a fine looking car. :)

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Is that an UrS4 badge?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

meatpimp posted:

Is that an UrS4 badge?

lmao

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If it hasn't gone already, post up the link. I follow a few weird car accounts on twitter and they'd be very interested in such a minter.

Here's one. I've got a couple of mates who are seeing if they can make space for it, but if they don't it's fair game. Cheers!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This is my ride for this week -

It’s a rental. It has... an engine? And some doors. Also Good AC thankfully. And the steering wheel on the wrong side.

It’s alright to drive (not sure what motor it actually has, it’s petrol), reasonably comfortable although lots of wind noise from the tops of the windows. Also feels like there’s nowhere to put my right leg when I drive.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Swapped my knackered coilovers for a set of Billsteins and spax springs, god the car is so much more comfortable now. Also I thought I'd try raybrigs LED bulb designed for their MR2 light housings, I think they work pretty well! I need to pay someone to do a proper detail now because I don't think I'll be able to do it justice and im very lazy.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

:fap:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I think those MR2s are some of the better looking pop-up headlight cars with the lights popped up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

dphi posted:

I think those MR2s are some of the better looking pop-up headlight cars with the lights popped up.

It's just a good looking car period and has aged pretty well.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

This and the FD RX7 are probably among the best looking cars full stop. The proportions are just so good on both of them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You can make an mr2 look dumpy and ill proportioned very easily, just park one next to an NSX

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

“Hi-Po” Honda crew represent! I wish I’d remembered to open the garage door since the RX7 is in there but oh well...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

track day bro! posted:

You can make an mr2 look dumpy and ill proportioned very easily, just park one next to an NSX

I saw a destroyed mid-90s NSX on a flatbed the other day and I audibly gasped. Such an incredible loss.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Suburban Dad posted:

Absolutely. But a lot of cars from that era still look great until the headlights are popped up, the MR2 pulls it off.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dphi posted:

Absolutely. But a lot of cars from that era still look great until the headlights are popped up, the MR2 pulls it off.

You only use those in the dark so it's not an issue... :v:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Traded in my Civic this weekend for something slightly less practical.

It’s an LS, so really the most basic 4 cylinder you can get with the 8 speed automatic. No real tech features to speak of, but I’ve loved every moment behind the wheel so far.

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 1, 2020

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Rock My Socks! posted:

Traded in my Civic this weekend for something slightly less practical.

It’s an LS, so really the most basic 4 cylinder you can get with the 8 speed automatic. No real tech features to speak of, but I’ve loved every moment behind the wheel so far.

Represent. Still has some horsepower!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mr-Spain posted:

Represent. Still has some horsepower!

5.5 sec 0-60 is no slouch, especially pulling that kind of weight. Plus it doesn't get single-digit mileage. Tough call over the big V8, but it checks out.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

meatpimp posted:

5.5 sec 0-60 is no slouch, especially pulling that kind of weight. Plus it doesn't get single-digit mileage. Tough call over the big V8, but it checks out.

While the V8 Camaro you really want with the 1LE package is $40K, a 2.0T Camaro is priced similarly to a Civic Si and a Toyobaru. The Alpha-platform Camaros are seriously underrated performance cars failed by design and marketing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Godzilla07 posted:

While the V8 Camaro you really want with the 1LE package is $40K, a 2.0T Camaro is priced similarly to a Civic Si and a Toyobaru. The Alpha-platform Camaros are seriously underrated performance cars failed by design and marketing.

Where does the V6 end up in the mix? Seems like they have too many engine choices that are trying to split their market share too much. Turbo 4 for Civic pricing is awesome. Huge monster V8 for $40k is awesome. V6 fills what gap?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rental car lots

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

meatpimp posted:

Where does the V6 end up in the mix? Seems like they have too many engine choices that are trying to split their market share too much. Turbo 4 for Civic pricing is awesome. Huge monster V8 for $40k is awesome. V6 fills what gap?

If you want more performance than the 4 banger, but can't afford the V8? That's about the best you can frame it. They should probably just replace both motors with the 2.7 turbo 4.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

A dude rolled into the same gas station I was using a couple weeks ago with the weirdest sounding Camaro I had ever heard. It took me a few minutes to remember that the turbo 4 Camaro existed. It was clearly modified, on drag radials. He was there because it was one of the few stations locally that had E85. :D
Neat to see someone jacking with the non-V8 Camaros. It sounded wicked.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Ultimately, power is power. Those turbo 4's, especially on E85 can make some serious numbers that even an F body v8 couldn't touch stock.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Both the T4 and V6 versions of the Camaro (with the 1LE package) have turned in serious times in C&D's Lightning Laps over the past few years, 3:05.6 for the T4 in 2018 and 3:04.0 in 2016 for the V6. That's pretty good company.

By comparison a 2015 Mustang GT turned in a 3:05.2, and a 2011 GT500 with the aluminum-block 5.4 550hp supercharged mod motor ran a 3:04.0 identical to the V6 1LE, and even a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca only ran a 3:02.8. Pretty impressive.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

New pads and rotors front and rear. The fronts weren't so bad, but the rears were way overdue. Some fucker put a dent in my fender right next to that Tbird badge, but a PDR kit worked surprisingly well. Took it to the car wash today to get some winter grim off of it. Very stoked for spring in the mountains.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Literally picked out a v6 camaro this morning from MSP lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

RWD rental on assuredly the worst all seasons you can buy in Minneapolis? Bold move cotton, hope it doesn’t snow

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Supposed to be mid-40s all week

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

The Big Jesus posted:

Supposed to be mid-40s all week

That don't mean poo poo in MN...this is my 6th year living in this state and not a single winter has been the same yet.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The Big Jesus posted:

Rented one when I went to see the fam in Vancouver back in mid October. It was so gutless compared to my Focus. Took it up the Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler. It performed decently for a highway appliance that I wasn't paying for, but I'll definitely never drive it again.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFJaaoCcreU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2xcGzBm5g

Apologies for the vertical video but I am a millennial

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

A look at our latest dumb SUV in its natural habitat:

It’s getting CPO certified and they’re putting Michelins on it per my insistence, should be picking it up Thursday.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

A look at our latest dumb SUV in its natural habitat:

It’s getting CPO certified and they’re putting Michelins on it per my insistence, should be picking it up Thursday.

Oh that is nice you finally convinced someone to take your money.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I present: 1985 -or- Radwood: Idealized

Just got it back from our paint/body guy that fixed everything with the lower cladding. All the rash, damage and that part that looked like a dog chewed on it, gone! Wheels are still less then stellar but I'll figure something out.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I present: 1985 -or- Radwood: Idealized

Just got it back from our paint/body guy that fixed everything with the lower cladding. All the rash, damage and that part that looked like a dog chewed on it, gone! Wheels are still less then stellar but I'll figure something out.

That’s fancy, cool car. Those speakers remind me of my ‘91 RT4WD that had the ~*~optional rear speaker pods~*~

What engine does it have?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tremek posted:

That’s fancy, cool car. Those speakers remind me of my ‘91 RT4WD that had the ~*~optional rear speaker pods~*~

What engine does it have?

3A-SU, party trick being :siren:TWIN CARB:siren:

Really it just means that it was decently peppy in 1985 with 90hp, but it isn't fast at all and is really a style piece like most things we deal with. 90hp is a lot better than the USDM Tercel power though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Have you moved anything with a 4E-FTE yet? (Starlet, maybe others).

I lusted after one of those to swap for the 3E-E in my 92 Tercel.