Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
At the recalibration station it looks like I can build up a library of talents or things to add to weapons. Should I be trying to use gear to fill that out or just keep deconstructing everything? I’m lvl 29 for what that’s worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, I played through the College missions but apparently you are supposed to be able to play through missions set in a zoo and on Coney Island. Do I need to complete some plot related missions or hit world tier 5 in order to access this?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AggroJagg posted:

At the recalibration station it looks like I can build up a library of talents or things to add to weapons. Should I be trying to use gear to fill that out or just keep deconstructing everything? I’m lvl 29 for what that’s worth.

There are two separate libraries: 1-30, 31-40. So if you have the expansion and don’t plan to have any lvl 30 alts, you can ignore that until you get into WONY.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AggroJagg posted:

the 1-30 and 31-40 libraries are completely separate. so no, unless you plan to never buy the expansion, beaten.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So a big part of my LMG build was the Dodge City Holster which reloads all your guns’s ammo when you switch to a pistol. They took that away. The heathens.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Roman posted:

the 1-30 and 31-40 libraries are completely separate. so no, unless you plan to never buy the expansion, beaten.

Are god rolls relative to that specific piece of gear, or that category? For example (using a made up number) I have a mask with 9%CHC and it shows it's the max roll. Is that the max roll for that type of mask, or for masks in general?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Thought I would start with Javier, but mission giver at church (lady in front of map) doesn't activate.
Tried relogging and coming back when there weren't 10 dudes trying to activate here but still nothing.

Though I have seen others go up to her and then disappear.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OgNar posted:

Thought I would start with Javier, but mission giver at church (lady in front of map) doesn't activate.
Tried relogging and coming back when there weren't 10 dudes trying to activate here but still nothing.

Though I have seen others go up to her and then disappear.

The other thing to do is fast traveling from there (and back). That seems to be working for some people to trigger the NPC.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

ratbert90 posted:

Div3 should be LA or SF.

Hong Kong
Buenos Aires
Paris
Fremantle

Do a city that hasn’t had a good treatment in video games. We set so many things in America.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The other thing to do is fast traveling from there (and back). That seems to be working for some people to trigger the NPC.

I switched to the drone one, but will try that next time, thanks.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are god rolls relative to that specific piece of gear, or that category? For example (using a made up number) I have a mask with 9%CHC and it shows it's the max roll. Is that the max roll for that type of mask, or for masks in general?

All brands now have the same number of attributes on each type of gear piece (which was a big determining factor on max rolls with the previous allocation system). The allocation system is now gone so any max roll you find on a certain slot should be the max across all brands for that slot. So to answer your question, for a mask at the level you're looking at, 9% CHC is the max you can get on any mask. Whether it's the max at level 40 or not is another question.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m getting green and blue items ewwwwwwww

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

jabro posted:

I’m getting green and blue items ewwwwwwww
i poked my head into a twitch stream and it took the streamer like only 4 hours to get to level 39. hang in there

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tesla Was Robbed posted:

Do a city that hasn’t had a good treatment in video games. We set so many things in America.

Look at this fool who just admitted he hasn't played Sleeping Dogs.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
Is it still the case that the only extended 7.62 mag is either a random bop for sale or a drop from a certain level of check point?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I played through the College missions but apparently you are supposed to be able to play through missions set in a zoo and on Coney Island. Do I need to complete some plot related missions or hit world tier 5 in order to access this?
Yeah, the Episode 1-3 content requires you to beat the Tidal Basin stronghold to access. Keep doing the story and going through the world tiers and it’ll show up.
Playing as a PLA goon squad gunning down rioters in post-apocalyptic Hong Kong would be AMAZING. Suck it, democracy!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tesla Was Robbed posted:

Hong Kong
Buenos Aires
Paris
Fremantle

I kinda want to see an open world game set in San Diego even though I know we're not interesting or important enough to do so. It was pretty fun messing around in Chicago and SF in Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 since I know those cities pretty well, and my hometown would be cool too. But that's just me.

NY is done to death, I don't want to see it again. What about Toyko? I don't remember if anyone's made a large-scale open world game set there. Yakuza is the closest but it's always just one neighborhood (which isn't a bad thing, just not the same thing).

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Seditiar posted:

2 out of 4 manhunts work for me, the other 2 are stuck on trying to talk to the community leader.

Hopefully they fix it soon-ish :v:

Welp, trying an entire redownload now and see if that fixes things.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm thankful for the first of the $3rd wave busting the bugs for those who wouldn't be first in line. Will be home in 6-ish hours to join/complain about bugs with the rest of you.

:patriot:

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I still maintain, based just on one random incidental dialog line civilian guards have, Div 3 is going to be Boston.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I had today off and I was bummed bc it was the day before the expac dropped and then oh hey thanks Uncle Ubisoft

NYC is so cool looking and the environments are so extreme it’s rad. Just torn up metal and fires and weird red fog hell yeah.

Liking the gear changes so far. So much easier to pick a thing to wear.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sadly lost my 2FA for discord so rip that account. But I just figured I’d download the PS4 version and get warlords for that (well and pc) so once I setup a new discord I can play PS4 (and some pc) with goons again. Missed doing it a lot. So hopefully I’ll be able to get back in the Goon clans.

Really smart of Ubi to make it $3 and then free for a weekend. Honestly if PSN had allowed me to make gift purchases I was giving the base game to a bunch of people at my office. Honestly got me back into the game...well besides some futzing around with GeForce Now and Shadow.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

As a new player who's just about to hit 30, will I have to do the world tier stuff before playing the expansion? Or can I jump right in from 30?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rotten Red Rod posted:

As a new player who's just about to hit 30, will I have to do the world tier stuff before playing the expansion? Or can I jump right in from 30?

If you get warlords you can boost your character....and I think any you create in the future.

Honestly the boost option is why I got it for the PS4 in the first place.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I pet the puppay

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If you get warlords you can boost your character....and I think any you create in the future.

Honestly the boost option is why I got it for the PS4 in the first place.

Ok, got it. Can I still go back and play the endgame DC content (and will there be any reason to)? It always annoyed me that there was a bunch of content in Destiny 1 and 2 I would never get to play at the correct level because I jumped in a few expansions down the road (although I think they fixed that in D2 by removing levels when it went F2P, correct?).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

if you care about the main game campaign don't use the boost, it will autocomplete it (the main missions will be replayable, side missions aren't)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pleasant surprise to find out I could do this today, when I have a day off.

Also man, NYC just isn't the same without the snow. That was like half of the appeal. They really need to just say "oops its winter now" and have a blizzard in DC.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ok, got it. Can I still go back and play the endgame DC content (and will there be any reason to)? It always annoyed me that there was a bunch of content in Destiny 1 and 2 I would never get to play at the correct level because I jumped in a few expansions down the road (although I think they fixed that in D2 by removing levels when it went F2P, correct?).
you'll be able to set the difficulty to anything you want

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Did they get new voice actors for all the old Div 1 people?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Inferior posted:

Yeah, the Episode 1-3 content requires you to beat the Tidal Basin stronghold to access. Keep doing the story and going through the world tiers and it’ll show up.
Thanks a lot, guess I have some loose ends to tie up before I head into the expansion.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
0/4 for my community leaders, tried fast travel also :(

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

funkmeister posted:

0/4 for my community leaders, tried fast travel also :(

Redownloading the game worked for me. In case you want to go that route.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Did they get new voice actors for all the old Div 1 people?
they sounded the same to me.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

They’ve really put some effort into the missions. No spoilers but the showdown with the cleaners is brilliantly put together

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Have encountered 2 random elites so far, named Bougie and Brokeass.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

isk posted:

Have encountered 2 random elites so far, named Bougie and Brokeass.

Justice is one i came across.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So as someone new to the game and just hit 30 last weekend. Is the Kenly College stuff worth doing? Will the item you get from it level up if I purchase WONY?

Also the protecting the server thing in the library is hard AF. Is the rest of the stuff that hard too? I did the IED investigation and that was much easier but haven't tried anything else.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Huh, looks like Uplay decided to nuke my Div2 install. Good thing I decided to remote in to my home PC to apply the patch, guess I'm downloading it all again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I kinda want to see an open world game set in San Diego even though I know we're not interesting or important enough to do so. It was pretty fun messing around in Chicago and SF in Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 since I know those cities pretty well, and my hometown would be cool too. But that's just me.

NY is done to death, I don't want to see it again. What about Toyko? I don't remember if anyone's made a large-scale open world game set there. Yakuza is the closest but it's always just one neighborhood (which isn't a bad thing, just not the same thing).

It's gone now but a Division like game in the Kowloon Walled City would have been amazing.