Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

remember when wwe did do the broken stuff (but had to change it because wwe) and within like 3 weeks it just became random monkey cheese spoon humor

Didn't Cole also just take a huge dump on it whenever he had to intro one of the segments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Which is weird considering its obvious the Firefly Funhouse/Fiend stuff was at least partially inspired by it.

But I guess Matt made the mistake of coming up with his stuff outside of WWE and bringing it in. So it had to be mocked and ruined.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Nobody understands how hard it is to be Matt Hardy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't Cole also just take a huge dump on it whenever he had to intro one of the segments?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was "Cole," as in Vince yelling at him through the headset to poo poo all over it. So Matt thinks he can do stuff outside of the WWE and get it over with the fans, making him a hot property outside of this company? The son of a bitch, how dare he!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Matt attempting to run him over with a riding mower is the peak of Bray’s career.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dimebags Brain posted:

Matt attempting to run him over with a riding mower is the peak of Bray’s career.

When given the choice of Chair of Wheels or Mower of Lawns, the decision is obvious.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lost in singles, lost the tag but will they really lose three in a row?

Watch this be the setup for yet another match at EC.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Thinking that is a "if you dont win now you don't get another title shot" stipulation

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Incessant Excess posted:

aew has been telling a very compelling story with their two singles stars who are tag champs, whats the story with buddy and seth? hm? oh. its because seth is a huge loser now, i see.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They're both heels and Buddy is his lackey in his cult. that's the story

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

shiksa posted:

whats the story with buddy and seth? hm? oh. its because seth is a huge loser now, i see.

He lost a bunch of matches and then decided to join Seth, a multi-time champion and main eventer, in the hope of elevating his career that way.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

They're both heels and Buddy is his lackey in his cult. that's the story

this is the kinda stuff that makes the full writing staff necessary.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

shiksa posted:

aew has been telling a very compelling story with their two singles stars who are tag champs, whats the story with buddy and seth? hm? oh. its because seth is a huge loser now, i see.

That one guy is a lacky to the main eventer but the main eventer is a main eventer so he beats the tag teams.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Has there been a woman's tag team title match this year? Those belts that can be defended on 4 different shows.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vagabundo posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was "Cole," as in Vince yelling at him through the headset to poo poo all over it.

Oh, for sure. Most criticisms of commentary should be read through the Vince lens.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Blaise330 posted:

Has there been a woman's tag team title match this year? Those belts that can be defended on 4 different shows.

The last title match was TLC because Asuka has been feuding with Becky since then till like last week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

Do house show matches count?

If so they defended the belts Feb 29th against Charlotte and Becky Lynch and lost the match by DQ. That "successful" defense came 75 days after their last defense at TLC on Dec 15th where they actually beat Charlotte and Becky Lynch.

Assuming you don't count the house show defense its been 77 days since the Women's Tag Team Titles have been defended. Where does that leave us on our "TNA Path To Devaluing The Women's Tag Titles Until Eric Young Wins Them?" At about this stage of the live of the TNA Knockouts Tag Titles the reign of Taylor Wilde and Hamada mirrored that quite a bit of Asuka and Kairi Sane in that Wilde got involved in an extended singles feud making Hamada and the titles an afterthought. Their reign ended when both were released from their contracts and the titles were stripped because they had not been defended for 30 minutes (kayfabe reason). Angelina Love and Winter would win the belts winning a 4 team tournament that saw Winter sub for Velvet Sky and beginning a story where Love became Winter's roofied zombie lesbian partner. This is the beginning of the era of TNA's titles going bad but they were at least still being defended occassionally.

If you ask me we're ahead of schedule for Eric Young to make history.

WWE 2020: Doing TNA, But Worse

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

So, WWE as a business is garbage.

Money in the Bank is one of their few remaining PPVs which still remains entertaining.

MitB this year is in my city.

Is it ethnical to wait and see the bottom drop out on tickets on StubHub and then go? Or, gently caress 'em, don't bother?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I have a strict No Vince policy but if wwe started doing Winter I would be briefly tempted

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

blast0rama posted:

Money in the Bank is one of their few remaining PPVs which still remains entertaining.

Is it ethnical to wait and see the bottom drop out on tickets on StubHub and then go? Or, gently caress 'em, don't bother?

Do what makes you happy, if nothing else, you'll get to see two ladder matches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
MitB needs to chill with the same night cash-ins with the women and "Guy who woulda been #1 contender anyway wins the briefcase" with the men. Somehow Corbin is the most entertaining winner in the last 3 years and he didn't even win his cashin. The worst was Braun cause he was already feuding with the title holder so the match woulda happened without the briefcase, then the match ends with a hell in a cell DQ.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Still funny to me that Braun embodies Vince's big man fetish and they completely dropped the ball with him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah normally I'd be like "mitb is hard to mess up" but, like, they've messed up the last two...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Can we get an underdog mitb winner again sometime? I can live with Royal Rumble being "the #1 guy is gonna win despite the 'anyone can win' tagline", but let mitb be the for realsies anyone can win. Closest thing to that lately was Ambrose I guess, the one time a same night cash-in was hype but I kinda dont want a same night cashin for a few years now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

MitB needs to chill with the same night cash-ins with the women and "Guy who woulda been #1 contender anyway wins the briefcase" with the men. Somehow Corbin is the most entertaining winner in the last 3 years and he didn't even win his cashin. The worst was Braun cause he was already feuding with the title holder so the match woulda happened without the briefcase, then the match ends with a hell in a cell DQ.

MITB itself needs a pretty drastic overhaul. The concept itself is solid, but pretty much every year the winner of the match gets jobbed out for 6-8 months after getting the case, and then they become champion and WWE expects us to take it all seriously.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They like having the MITB match but they don't like someone having the briefcase.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

blast0rama posted:

poo poo dude I bought (heavily discounted) Starrcade tickets this year. Go and yell and have a good time, get some arena concessions in your belly and if you stop having fun, fuckin leave.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s even worse now because WWE likes to tease something good might happen before going back to the script FOR DA HEAT.

Remember that brief moment of hope that Ali would win before Brock ruined it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dacap posted:

It’s even worse now because WWE likes to tease something good might happen before going back to the script FOR DA HEAT.

Remember that brief moment of hope that Ali would win before Brock ruined it?

I liked the backstage reactions of some of the wrestlers, they were like

:aaa: ........................ *brock's music hits* :smith:

It felt like Ali had about 30 seconds to grab the briefcase before Brock got to the ring and he didnt.

First MitB match I ever saw live had Neville almost getting it, then Sheamus ripped him off the ladder and he got it. I swear being a flippy guy in a mitb is worse odds of winning than being The Big Show in a rumble.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 2, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Remember when they made a bunch of midcarders kill themselves in a brutal ladder match only for Brock to walk out 25 minutes into the match and win after doing nothing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember when they made a bunch of midcarders kill themselves in a brutal ladder match only for Brock to walk out 25 minutes into the match and win after doing nothing.

Yeah but on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0LsSCUtVg

Brock coming out to that music and holding a boom box briefcase was great.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Michael Cole: Don't ever say Brock doesn't put in work!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So if anyone can walk out and get the briefcase, even if they’re not in the match, what’s stopping the entirety of the roster from just rushing the ring and going for it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vandar posted:

So if anyone can walk out and get the briefcase, even if they’re not in the match, what’s stopping the entirety of the roster from just rushing the ring and going for it?

Someone had to miss the match due to injury and Brock was the official replacement. Thing is he didn't come out until late which is an insanely risky plan in hindsight.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vandar posted:

That would turn into a huge brawl, for everybody.

A rumble worth a king.

A star... cade.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah but on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0LsSCUtVg

Brock coming out to that music and holding a boom box briefcase was great.

Yeah but on the other other hand, WWE did it's usual thing and ruined what was a great organic moment by running it into the ground.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Vandar posted:

This is the Open Ladder Match, which I have wanted a company to do for decades. Just hang the thing over an empty ring, sound the bell, and go.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's fun to look at this still image of Kofi and Seth and realize in the time between it being taken and now (a 9 month period per Google), both men got ruined by historically bad booking at least once

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE announced Kairi will be facing Shayna in place of Asuka on RAW tonight.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/shayna-baszler-vs-sane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So the good story would be Shayna can't get her hands on sneaky style heel Kairi and it makes for a tense match

The bad story is Shayna just squashes Kairi

Which one will it be??