Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Kenley solo is a bit of a slog. IMO it’s best done with one or two friends on voice chat so you can take it in at its pace.

But also the Diamondback doesn’t go up to 40 afaik. If I were you I’d head into WONY and come back to Kenley later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Recommendations for safe house people not activating; exit the game and log back in. If you have friends playing, try joining them as it'll probably put you on a different server. It's a server issue, not game files.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Kenley solo is a bit of a slog. IMO it’s best done with one or two friends on voice chat so you can take it in at its pace.

But also the Diamondback doesn’t go up to 40 afaik. If I were you I’d head into WONY and come back to Kenley later.

I haven't decided on if I want to buy WONY just yet. Also Kenley sounds like a once a year type deal? What about other exotics? Do they scale up?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kenley is only open for like a week every few weeks or so.

Exotics don't scale but there are rumors of blueprints sometime in the future to bring them up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shoren posted:

All brands now have the same number of attributes on each type of gear piece (which was a big determining factor on max rolls with the previous allocation system). The allocation system is now gone so any max roll you find on a certain slot should be the max across all brands for that slot. So to answer your question, for a mask at the level you're looking at, 9% CHC is the max you can get on any mask. Whether it's the max at level 40 or not is another question.

I went to the recalibration table. When you go to the tab to actually rip stuff out and add it to your library, it shows if it's the max roll for that attribute for that gear type (mask, chest, etc). Your suspicion is correct in that most likely you won't see max rolls on low level stuff. That said, it wouldn't hurt to check the library before trashing items. I'd also recommend ripping out talents whenever possible on lower level chests and backpacks. That way when you hit 40, you can focus on ripping out max rolls instead of talents. Obviously, if you do see a max roll on a low level item, rip that fucker out.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Kenley is only open for like a week every few weeks or so.

Exotics don't scale but there are rumors of blueprints sometime in the future to bring them up.

The patch notes said there won't be any level 40 blueprints for the current exotics right now because they want you to grind for them again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

For some reason I didn't think exotics would drop at level 40 if you did their quest at 40 or one happened to drop. I'm very smart.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

ratbert90 posted:

Div3 should be LA or SF.

Seattle has a built in underground mode :haw:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How long does it take to grind out an exotic?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bamhand posted:

How long does it take to grind out an exotic?

Some have quests but most are RNG. For RNG ones, do target loot (ie AR for the Chameleon) on the hardest difficulty available for it. So if it's a mission, do it on heroic or legendary if available. The Eagle Bearer is RNG but it's also only available in the raid.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

maintenance tomorrow to fix issues
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2194438-Maintenance-March-3rd-2020

Fixing an issue that prevents the objective "Reach City Hall" of the WONY introduction mission from updating and teleporting players to a different location.
Fixing an issue that causes players who quit the helicopter cinematic to get placed into and stuck in Trinity Church.
Fixing an issue that prevents players from interacting with Community Leader NPCs.
Further backend improvements to prevent ECHO errors to occur for players.

Further info on the Community leader situation can also be found here. We have seen players report that re-logging or fast traveling from and to the Safe Houses can work. The issue is caused by the NPC not working properly in a server instance. Players that are able to switch server instances by the methods mentioned before might be able to interact with the NPC.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Old Stoner was like 200 rnds 1100 ammo.
Now its 260/1430.
The bullets just don't stop flying.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

isk posted:

Have encountered 2 random elites so far, named Bougie and Brokeass.

Ahh the 2 genders

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
You can pet dogs now.
Well one of them.
Not the dogs in the animal shelter, or the deer or the rabbit.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is there a good summary on how gear works in the expansion? It's just level now and I don't see a gear score?

Should I just plan on throwing my build out the window until I hit 40?

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.

Roman posted:

maintenance tomorrow to fix issues
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2194438-Maintenance-March-3rd-2020

Fixing an issue that prevents the objective "Reach City Hall" of the WONY introduction mission from updating and teleporting players to a different location.
Fixing an issue that causes players who quit the helicopter cinematic to get placed into and stuck in Trinity Church.
Fixing an issue that prevents players from interacting with Community Leader NPCs.
Further backend improvements to prevent ECHO errors to occur for players.

Further info on the Community leader situation can also be found here. We have seen players report that re-logging or fast traveling from and to the Safe Houses can work. The issue is caused by the NPC not working properly in a server instance. Players that are able to switch server instances by the methods mentioned before might be able to interact with the NPC.

Does the server down time apply only to PC servers? Or does this affect all platforms?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

OgNar posted:

You can pet dogs now.
Well one of them.
Not the dogs in the animal shelter, or the deer or the rabbit.

What happens if you shoot a dog someone is petting? :clint:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Figures they completely megafucked the game just after I started playing again.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Bullet Queen dead. The legend continues.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Shields seem very loving good now with the skill tier change. I've been running a pretty basic setup with vanguard which grants 45% of your armor as bonus armor to teammates as well as making the shield invincible for 5 seconds and energize which lets me overcharge the skill tier of my shield by using an armor kit which gives it a fuckton of active regen.

I miss out on the dodge city gunslinger buffs since they decided that exotics are no longer supposed to be good or useful, but I only have to run one piece of douglas and harding to get the 20% pistol damage buff instead of a 2 piece r&k.

I won't be able to get the expansion til payday, but gear 2.0 seems so much better than the old system already. There's no spreadsheets to look at, I can just put together a solid build with the information available to me.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Welp. Another maintenance tonight means no playing during AU times. I wonder how long until it's playable from here.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cage-free egghead posted:

What happens if you shoot a dog someone is petting? :clint:

Already thought of this but the only dog you can pet is in a safe zone so no shootmans.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Ran into the safe house leader bug. Relogging and fast traveling not working. Sometimes I really hate the game as a service model.

*edit - Ah, good. It can affect other safehouses as well. Great game :)

isk fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 3, 2020

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What kind of loving game would let you shoot a dog? And who the gently caress is trying to shoot the dogs in the game?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

bamhand posted:

What kind of loving game would let you shoot a dog? And who the gently caress is trying to shoot the dogs in the game?

Heartless monsters

I think I shot a deer once when I first started playing, felt really bad about it, and never shot any animal again

except for people, i shot a lot of people

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Anyone find a list of what the new gear set bonuses are?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Deer are vermin and deserve death.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is Skill Power still in the game? As a new player that sure is an unfun mechanic. Just an entire inventory full of mods I can't use. How long does it take to get a specific gear set that can actually let you use the mods you want? And does that gimp you for everything else?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Deer are vermin and deserve death.

I shoot the deer to send a message, ppl are crazy and not to be trusted

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bamhand posted:

Is Skill Power still in the game?

as of today, no it is not. equip any mod at any time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bamhand posted:

Is Skill Power still in the game? As a new player that sure is an unfun mechanic. Just an entire inventory full of mods I can't use. How long does it take to get a specific gear set that can actually let you use the mods you want? And does that gimp you for everything else?

It's not. Now gear gives you skill tiers which increase your skill bonuses.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
OK the story line is totally ridiculous, but drat the set pieces when pursuing Kajika are stupid crazy awesome. I'm also appreciative of the work the environment artists have put into New York so far.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AggroJagg posted:

Does the server down time apply only to PC servers? Or does this affect all platforms?
downtime is always all platforms

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bamhand posted:

I shoot every animal I come across.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can't tell who has the disease. Everything gets a bullet, especially if my kids are watching.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cyrano4747 posted:

Did they get new voice actors for all the old Div 1 people?

I'm pretty sure it's the same people, but the sound production is wildly different.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kesper North posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the same people, but the sound production is wildly different.

this is what I think as well, the dialogue sound mixing is just totally off. It feels a lot more distant than D1 did.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Ugh, I got the safe house leader bug and restarting/fast travel didn’t fix it. Hopefully it’s up and running by the time I’m home from work tomorrow.

Is it just me or are the SHD tech caches much harder to get to in NYC? I’ve just tried the financial district ones and couldn’t figure them out at all.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I shoot every animal I come across.

Same. Dogs, deer, birds, whatever.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
can't believe the cleaners found this thread, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Haven't got time for 160 new posts but I thought this was out tomorrow? I was still wrapping up all the pre-expansion off-map missions and just finished the zoo last night!

Edit: Wow my Fill 'Er Up build is totally hosed with no warning, thanks team.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 3, 2020