Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Augus posted:

I have done the research, it turns out that when you deliberately bait people in a disingenuous way, they get mad at you. Lotta toxicity going around!

A lot of people throwing around the word disingenuous when it isn't applicable. Since I doubt Ian was actually insincere when he made the tweet, and presumably actually thinks Warren has a better record on race. I personally disagree with that assessment, but it doesn't make it disingenuous.

This is what I mean, the instinctual reflex to jump to conclusions and assign ill-intent, is an observable behavior, within this very thread even.

Dias posted:

Eh, primary people are jumpy, he ain't getting cancelled, it's fine.

That's true, but if other people are saying their piece there isn't any harm in also giving my 2 cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

TelevisedInsanity posted:

going to make a bad tweet and then do data mining to try and make a sequel to the video series that made me internet famous

the alt-left playbook : the bernie bros are mad at me because i said Marvel's Avengers is the solution to Medicare for All

He can even make it a crossover with Film Bobert

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bernie Bros aren't real.

By now I'm convinced it's one of those things where there were like, a couple that anyone's actually ever seen and the rest is bandwagon bullshit, 99% of the "MEAN BERNIESSSS :qq:" poo poo I've ever seen was just some nazi-adjacent centrist or bad faith idiot crying because they got blasted for saying something easily provably wrong/moronic/bigoted and then woah, some bernie people called them out on it, the absolute gall of these vicious online terrorists, such brutal unrestrained harassment to be told that you're dumb and wrong when you're being dumb and wrong. Then even with the alternative "THE BERNIES WERE MAD, AND THEN THEY VOTED FOR THE PISSMANNNNN" story, I've never met a single person who pushed for bernie and then decided you know what, actually I'm a nazi and I'm also convinced most of the people who claim they have are either lying or their acquaintance wasn't on the level in the first place.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

By now I'm convinced it's one of those things where there were like, a couple that anyone's actually ever seen and the rest is bandwagon bullshit, 99% of the "MEAN BERNIESSSS :qq:" poo poo I've ever seen was just some nazi-adjacent centrist or bad faith idiot crying because they got blasted for saying something easily provably wrong/moronic/bigoted and then woah, some bernie people called them out on it, the absolute gall of these vicious online terrorists, such brutal unrestrained harassment to be told that you're dumb and wrong when you're being dumb and wrong. Then even with the alternative "THE BERNIES WERE MAD, AND THEN THEY VOTED FOR THE PISSMANNNNN" story, I've never met a single person who pushed for bernie and then decided you know what, actually I'm a nazi and I'm also convinced most of the people who claim they have are either lying or their acquaintance wasn't on the level in the first place.

It's an intentional loop used to discredit someone. You misrepresent them in bad faith, select the worst examples of defensive reaction, say they're the toxic ones; rinse, repeat.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of Bernie Bros, I guess there's a big drama going on with Chapo again? I saw this from Shaun and looked in the Chapo thread but it had some crazy person making hundred plus tweet threads and gently caress that.

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1234064690206138368

I'm just gonna assume it's idiots being idiots about :decorum:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Dias posted:

It's an intentional loop used to discredit someone. You misrepresent them in bad faith, select the worst examples of defensive reaction, say they're the toxic ones; rinse, repeat.

I guess it's great we get to see a live demonstration of the phenomena?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

will this sister-toucher ever get banned

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

will this sister-toucher ever get banned

the world waits in anticipation

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What is Chapo anyway? I never had the chance to get into their stuff but I heard they're bad now?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Speaking of Bernie Bros, I guess there's a big drama going on with Chapo again? I saw this from Shaun and looked in the Chapo thread but it had some crazy person making hundred plus tweet threads and gently caress that.

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1234064690206138368

I'm just gonna assume it's idiots being idiots about :decorum:

Yeah pretty much.

Like gently caress me, every one of these idiots makes it clear they have never, ever listened to Chapo. The amount of them that straight up think it's nothing but none-stop slurs and making GBS threads on minorities is mind-boggling.

And there is stuff to criticise about Chapo, their early episodes were crammed full of casual slurs, and now and then they poo poo out a pretty bad take, but they've shown they're not opposed to apologising and moving forwards from it.

It's slapfighting, the same slapfighting Left Twitter gets about different tendencies every week. The slapfighting of keyboard warriors who are either too comfy to get up and do something and/or think the revolution is gonna magically happen if they squabble about theory with xxstalinismydaddyxx enough.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Katt posted:

What is Chapo anyway? I never had the chance to get into their stuff but I heard they're bad now?

A miserable pile of secrets.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Amber sucks, but other than that nowadays Chapo's biggest sin are the bad early Chapo emulators they spawned.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Shinji2015 posted:

The only show on BA I dislike is the one where whats-his-name demonstrates all the ways to cook a food; he's not very good at it, and it just comes off as a huge waste of food.

Yeah, once you watch one for the novelty factor (and realize the host has some really weird food hangups) there's no need to watch a single other one in the series.

Also him still pretending to eat the food in the voice over is the weirdest goddamn poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Chapo sucks, tankies suck, using bigoted language or bigoted poo poo for sikk burnz and then hiding behind ~dark humor~ and "H-HEH DECORUM AMIRITE" sucks, their fans being obnoxious pedants almost every time them and their issues are brought up sucks, their hokey leftist tough boys who say the bad things machismo poo poo sucks, them platforming a person who unironically does the "We need the rural racists to win elections" (Which is also classist poo poo because all the country people are baaaaad you see) and tries to play soft on chinese policies and also went on a far right rag to whine about the essjooz and man amber is fuckin trash in particular.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 2, 2020

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the fantasy around chapo trap house more accurately describes cum town, they get conflated a lot because the hosts kinda know each other

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

CYBEReris posted:

the fantasy around chapo trap house more accurately describes cum town, they get conflated a lot because the hosts kinda know each other

yeah it’s super weird and i was about to post the same thing

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alot of people really don't like that something they don't like is popular so they need to invent reasons to discredit it instead of just not caring about it like a normal person.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

amber legitimately has some rancid takes and dies on awful hills though that's absolutely true

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Amber weirds me out with some of her takes but I wish people would mostly stick to the actual bad ones and not like when half of lefty twitter had a meltdown that she said you shouldn't ban conservatives from unions lol. It just makes it harder to point out the actually crappy poo poo she's said.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

You probably should though, oust right wingers from society.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Amber weirds me out with some of her takes but I wish people would mostly stick to the actual bad ones and not like when half of lefty twitter had a meltdown that she said you shouldn't ban conservatives from unions lol. It just makes it harder to point out the actually crappy poo poo she's said.

I don't listen to trap house but did she say you shouldn't ban conservatives or that you shouldn't ban nazi's?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8auD7m8uvsA

Jim kinda... getting mad at video games being used as promotional material by doing crossover events...? And especially Terminator, I guess.

Honestly I can't really get upset at something at this cause I enjoy smashing my toys together even if there is no canonical sense for them to do so.

Dumb gimmick crossovers are fun, but charging $40 for a character skin pack is insane. Especially for a medicore film.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't listen to trap house but did she say you shouldn't ban conservatives or that you shouldn't ban nazi's?

She said that it isn't a problem if an alt right person joins your union and that's how you win by making these people realizing having healthcare, etc is good.

It's peak libshit to go "ah well in that case the union shouldnt exist at all if it means The Wrong Kind Of Person can get healthcare"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Chapo sucks, tankies suck, using bigoted language or bigoted poo poo for sikk burnz and then hiding behind ~dark humor~ and "H-HEH DECORUM AMIRITE" sucks, their fans being obnoxious pedants almost every time them and their issues are brought up sucks, their hokey leftist tough boys who say the bad things machismo poo poo sucks, them platforming a person who unironically does the "We need the rural racists to win elections" (Which is also classist poo poo because all the country people are baaaaad you see) and tries to play soft on chinese policies and also went on a far right rag to whine about the essjooz and man amber is fuckin trash in particular.

This is an extremely normal and not at all weird tirade that is definitely relevant to what Chapo says in their eps.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Literally every worker should be in an union and get the benefits of unionization

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 2, 2020

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

Literally every worker should be in an union and to get the benefits of unionization

Yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

This reminds me that I recently found out about an anime-variant of cum town called "anime pussy podcast" which is basically listening to three people with varying levels of mental health problems mostly talk about that and then occasionally going "oh I started watching haikyuu this week" before moving back to the original topic. So like cum town I guess.

I found out about it by the by because the edgelord on the podcast is friends with Lil Nas X and went viral recently for getting a dick pic DMed to him which he then refused to share.

....this is one of those posts where considering what I've typed depressed me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Amber is good actually because in spite of her hilariously, unbelievably terrible takes, she has time and time again shown that she's willing to go to the mat to the bitter end in the name of solidarity, which is more than I can say about basically any leftist who has a twitter account

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

Literally every worker should be in an union and to get the benefits of unionization

:yeah:

Universal programs own, end means testing, especially because it'll make certain succdems lose their poo poo because The Wrong People are getting help.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

This is an extremely normal and not at all weird tirade that is definitely relevant to what Chapo says in their eps.

Not Even One Paragraph: The Tirade

Sorry that I can't dislike a really lovely person anymore because they're on a podcast, where they routinely say lovely things.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like identifying as alt-right already puts you in a weird spot regarding unions to be fair.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Amber is good actually because in spite of her hilariously, unbelievably terrible takes, she has time and time again shown that she's willing to go to the mat to the bitter end in the name of solidarity, which is more than I can say about basically any leftist who has a twitter account

unless you're disabled

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

I feel like identifying as alt-right already puts you in a weird spot regarding unions to be fair.

Yeah, I'm really not of the mind anymore to trust a totally-not-a-nazi trying to join a union, when we already have enough of them trying to ~infiltrate~ spaces to damage or twist them as is.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Acute Grill posted:

Yeah, once you watch one for the novelty factor (and realize the host has some really weird food hangups) there's no need to watch a single other one in the series.

Also him still pretending to eat the food in the voice over is the weirdest goddamn poo poo.

Yeah, he's trying really hard to be like Babish, and while I haven't watched every episode on his channel, I'm pretty sure Babish doesn't pretend to eat the food during his voice over.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think whether or not they should be in the union is kinda a moot point because they would be fired on hostile workplace grounds. Like James Damore arguing women can't be software engineers. How can you expect anyone to work with them after that? I don't know of nay union I've been a part of that would defend their employment, and almost certainly would have stipulations to not defend the the terms of their employment in such an eventuality.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

The idea that chapo trap house is a tankie podcast is insane, to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

personally, i can't stomach the chapo trap house insensitivity toward the irish

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, he's trying really hard to be like Babish, and while I haven't watched every episode on his channel, I'm pretty sure Babish doesn't pretend to eat the food during his voice over.

Usually Babish will cut to the live audio if there's a worthwhile reaction, yeah.

I didn't even blink at the pretend eating in Amiel's series but now I'm pretty sure I'm only going to be noticing that next time. The burger episode that just came out was interesting for that weird sleeper hit in the ironed burger, and I recall that there was another like that in the chicken episode.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

The idea that chapo trap house is a tankie podcast is insane, to me

More that letting things like amber's lovely ideas just ride sure courts enough of them at times, considering how many slimy PRC apologists I've had to block were weirdly into them. Obviously just my experience there, but their fanbase feels like it just gets left to be immensely lovely and nothing's done to curb it, which feels real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Usually Babish will cut to the live audio if there's a worthwhile reaction, yeah.

I didn't even blink at the pretend eating in Amiel's series but now I'm pretty sure I'm only going to be noticing that next time. The burger episode that just came out was interesting for that weird sleeper hit in the ironed burger, and I recall that there was another like that in the chicken episode.

i liked the bacon episode because all of the special poo poo you can buy to cook bacon good in a microwave is worse at cooking bacon in a microwave than just cooking bacon in the microwave with some paper towels