Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

big nipples big life posted:

Anybody play Smoke's sprint car game yet?

I got it, it's fairly fun. In the career mode I'm still in TQ midgets. I wish it had real tracks so I could see what it's like to drive in the places I go see, but I'm sure licensing that would be a nightmare.

Earning money to upgrade car parts is pretty fun, but there's really no tuning. Unless that comes later in sprints/outlaws. There are sponsor challenges and stuff, get 5 top 10s in the next 10 races or whatever.

I turned the in-track announcer off asap, it's awful. He just talks about how people should buy concessions to help the tracks and generic things like "wow that driver just turned in a fast time!" during hot laps or qualifying. It's whatever, you can't hear poo poo during a race in real life anyway obviously.

Driving is fun. It's neat to find the groove on each track. I do wish the track physics changed over the course of the day/race though, but that's asking a bit much from a $30 arcadey kind of game.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Overall, if you really like sprint cars, it's pretty fun. I wish I could edit the AI drivers and have Brady Bacon and Dave Darland and so forth, but not a huge deal. Tony wins most of my races so far. I put him into the wall sometimes for fun if he laps me, but there's no black flags or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cool, thanks for the trip report.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

It's fun, and a good starting point for the series if they continue. If you've played the recent Heat games, it's from the same developer using the same engine so that should give an idea of what to expect. There's a little more depth to the career mode, with having to repair and maintain cars after each race. The lack of licensed tracks is a bummer, but from what I understand they threw this game together in a pretty short amount of time and licensing wasn't realistic.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Maybe in the sequel they can have Indiana Sprint Week and MY LOCAL TRACK will finally be in a video game

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nascar Twitter is amazing this week.

Honestly it's better than any of the on track product short of trucks, which are also the cause of one of the newest issues. I love it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iwentdoodie posted:

Nascar Twitter is amazing this week.

Honestly it's better than any of the on track product short of trucks, which are also the cause of one of the newest issues. I love it.

???

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

https://twitter.com/Angela__Ruch/status/1232669517333045250

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dip poo poo!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

jerry springer poo poo going on in nascar twitter is so fitting it hurts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

Dip poo poo!

"I prob would of handled..."

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Mmmmm... Fontana.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This race for 2nd is great

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

decent race!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

going to be sad when they finally have to repave acs

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
NASCAR 2020: Dip poo poo! I blew a tire!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I didn't see yesterday's race but I did learn via Twitter that the Kim Burton Cam is still a loving thing. Every other post was something to the effect of GET KIM BURTON OFF MY SCREEN. I always felt that way anytime Jeff was leading at the end of a race. Again I didn't see the race so I don't know how egregious the Kim Burton coverage was but I know it always annoyed me when Jeff was leading with 10 to go and it would practically be side by side on the TV of her like crying and freaking out and race coverage. Every once in a while they will show a shot of Samantha Busch or somebody else but it is like 1 or 2 shots for like a second each I don't know how Kim got to be such a camera hog back then.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Personally I really preferred the worried Ashley Judd in a sundress cam.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bigbillystyle posted:

I didn't see yesterday's race but I did learn via Twitter that the Kim Burton Cam is still a loving thing. Every other post was something to the effect of GET KIM BURTON OFF MY SCREEN. I always felt that way anytime Jeff was leading at the end of a race. Again I didn't see the race so I don't know how egregious the Kim Burton coverage was but I know it always annoyed me when Jeff was leading with 10 to go and it would practically be side by side on the TV of her like crying and freaking out and race coverage. Every once in a while they will show a shot of Samantha Busch or somebody else but it is like 1 or 2 shots for like a second each I don't know how Kim got to be such a camera hog back then.

there were a few long kim and race split screen shots.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm the lady using a notecard so I don't forget my prayer lines.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Impressive anthem.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

mischief posted:

Truth.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

Don't forget the big floppy hat

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bowman :toot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A Good Race, A Good Winner.

Big Huski Boi posted:

Don't forget the big floppy hat

And, if deemed appropriate, her American frame draped in a Scottish flag skipping up pit road going THREEEeeeEEEeeeeEEEEeeEEEeEEEEe!!!!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After the xfinity race yesterday today's was a bit of a bummer IMO

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1234573385096716288

The Fan Council had been twisting our arms for this for a couple years hoping we'd like it, so I'm not surprised.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just Cup seems like an odd choice, unless they're planning on a gradual deployment

Either way I'm all for it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's probably the latter. 5 lugs is a better show but 1 lug is a better design for a race car in every other respect. I will miss 5 lugs though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's probably the latter. 5 lugs is a better show but 1 lug is a better design for a race car in every other respect. I will miss 5 lugs though.

These are my feelings, as well.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Yeah I feel the same. Hitting 5 perfectly off and on in 12.7 seconds for four tires is really loving amazing. If they go to one lug, what are we looking at like 9 second stops, mostly for fuel?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nascar says they should gain around .3 seconds per side but I think it will be quicker.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the wheels look cool

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

the wheels look cool

18" center lock touring car/sports car wheels tend to, not a huge shock that the new NASCAR ones will too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They look a lot more like street car wheels as well, it's been at least 30 years since average cars had 15 inch wheels with 60 height tires on them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The next person that bitches about "I cant go buy a car with a single lug!" needs to be loving shot for the good of humanity.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Let's ask the only opinion that matters:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/1234596322566713346

Uh oh.

iwentdoodie posted:

The next person that bitches about "I cant go buy a car with a single lug!" needs to be loving shot for the good of humanity.

https://twitter.com/JoeyMeier/status/1234661425269768192

Well, that's Brad K's former spotter (also, NH3 spotter voice) and, judging from his Twitter bio, Dale Jr's new pilot. Maybe pick the NEXT, next person?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

what? He's echoing iwentdoodie's beef

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I love my rear wheel drive Camry

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

I love my rear wheel drive Camry

It's grounded to the ground!