Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
If games are called off, rather than ruled as 0-0 draws, then Wales can actually still win the competition, by virtue of being the only country able to complete all of their remaining fixtures. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

If games are called off, rather than ruled as 0-0 draws, then Wales can actually still win the competition, by virtue of being the only country able to complete all of their remaining fixtures. :golfclap:

Games aren't called off in France yet.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tyma posted:

They'll just be replayed like 2001 surely.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

You know the Dragons put in all the effort in the world and can put together some good rugby but when they play garbage it's some special garbage.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great last few minutes in the Dragons game. 80 mins already gone and Cheethas have a pen. They run it and the Dragons get a pen just inside their half. Davies goes for the posts and misses, the Cheethas run it out. Only for them to give a very kickable pen away and get a yellow card before Davies kicks to win it for the Dragons!!!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do you think Sky will buy the 6 nations or BT sport?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ugh, probably bt, they have the premiership already

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

goatface posted:

Do you think Sky will buy the 6 nations or BT sport?

the former, bt sport probably a bit pricey.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Mako Vunipola self-isolating due to coronavirus precaution: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51721889

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's been through Hong Kong and has no symptoms.

He probably had a few too many tins while visiting the family.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Italy - England game to be played behind closed doors now after a decree from the Italian gov. Seems pretty sensible with the rugby supporters of Italy being based mostly in the North.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh no computer posted:

Mako Vunipola self-isolating due to coronavirus precaution: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51721889

Apparently he's training with his club team though. Not sure if that's the article you've linked, the bbc messes up on my phone.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Italy - England game to be played behind closed doors now after a decree from the Italian gov. Seems pretty sensible with the rugby supporters of Italy being based mostly in the North.

That'll suit England, it'll be like the atmosphere at Twickenham.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

ilmucche posted:

Apparently he's training with his club team though. Not sure if that's the article you've linked, the bbc messes up on my phone.

The article I just read said that basically England aren't taking any chances because they have a 24/7 club environment where you're constantly around others and sharing all facilities. At Saracens that's not the case so they aren't as worried.

However, considering how badly everying has been going for them lately, I would suggest in two weeks Saracens will have most of their team out of action with coronavirus and unable to play any matches.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They're postponing the England game now

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Holy poo poo. I'd heard closed doors

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Before this morning that was the plan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51749254

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about games scheduled to take place, I don't fancy the odds of George North managing all 80 minutes of Saturday conscious. I think they'll be kicking at him (or rather, not kicking at Halfpenny, Williams and Biggar) and asking him to put his brain on the line all game.

Assuming it goes ahead and we aren't all confined to our homes under strict curfew.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Thinking about games scheduled to take place, I don't fancy the odds of George North managing all 80 minutes of Saturday conscious. I think they'll be kicking at him (or rather, not kicking at Halfpenny, Williams and Biggar) and asking him to put his brain on the line all game.

Assuming it goes ahead and we aren't all confined to our homes under strict curfew.

Wait North is being allowed to play?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Wait North is being allowed to play?

That is what I was thinking. He really should retire.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I present this without comment:

https://v.redd.it/sw6ozhen52l41

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kitchner posted:

I present this without comment:

https://v.redd.it/sw6ozhen52l41

How incredibly French

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just watching that makes me feel tired

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Here's this weeks Scotland team to make you wish you had Coronavirus just so you didn't have to sit through the match.

Surprise inclusion of the neckless wonder, great chieftain o' the pudding race himself, Duncan Weir on the bench which probably means Townsend thinks Hastings is going to die at the hands of Alldritt or Willemse at some point during the match.

1. Rory Sutherland
2. Fraser Brown VICE CAPTAIN
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Scott Cummings
5. Grant Gilchrist
6. Jamie Ritchie
7. Hamish Watson
8. Nick Haining
9. Ali Price
10. Adam Hastings
11. Blair Kinghorn
12. Sam Johnson
13. Chris Harris
14. Sean Maitland
15. Stuart Hogg (C)

16. Stuart McInally
17. Allan Dell
18. Willem Nel
19. Sam Skinner
20. Magnus Bradbury
21. George Horne
22. Duncan Weir
23. Kyle Steyn

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

we all dream of a team of duncy weirs,
a team of duncy weirs,
a team of duncy weirs

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I was in a coffee shop and Duncan Weir was sitting at the table behind us with some of the Edinburgh players and they were just chatting about stuff and one of them asked 'If you could do one job for a day, any job what would it be, you would have the skills to do the job'. Fighter pilot was popular as was Doctor, Duncan's Estate agent less so.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

So I was in a coffee shop and Duncan Weir was sitting at the table behind us with some of the Edinburgh players and they were just chatting about stuff and one of them asked 'If you could do one job for a day, any job what would it be, you would have the skills to do the job'. Fighter pilot was popular as was Doctor, Duncan's Estate agent less so.

Never change, Pudding.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Aramoro posted:

Jesus christ he needs to be sectioned for public protection. Not even estate agents want to be estate agents.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Jesus christ he needs to be sectioned for public protection. Not even estate agents want to be estate agents.

It was just an incredible conversation, carefully explaining to him that he could be anything and assume he had to skills etc, it didn't matter that he couldn't fly a plane. Dream big pudding man, dream big.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://imgur.com/a/dbPPUci

Picture courtesy of the excellent GLoveProductions on facebook.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm surprised the Dragons/Treviso game is going ahead. mind you having a look at the Dragons team there's a few in there that could get carona and it wouldn't matter too much to the Dragons.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

The women's game between Scotland and France has been called off as one of the Scottish players has tested positive for the virus so a bunch of other players/coaching staff are now in isolation.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland - France Women's game is postponed due to one of the Scots testing positive for Covid-19 and seven other players and staff having to self-isolate. Thankfully she's well but needs to be kept isolated.

That trip to Italy two weeks ago probably not the best idea.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Former Wales & Scarlets centre Matthew Watkins died of pelvic cancer. He was 41.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Former Wales & Scarlets centre Matthew Watkins died of pelvic cancer. He was 41.

Very sad to die so young and leaving a family behind. He always put a brave face on his illness.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Gonna be a high quality game lads.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good try. Hell of a line.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Excellent footwork. Really nice try.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fighting already. Tut tut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Get hosed Farrell you dumb bastard.