Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Actual footage of Bernard "Stone Cold" Sanders making his way to the podium at the convention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcYJ5209RQ0

SANDERS 3:16 SAYS I JUST TAXED YOUR RICH rear end

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know it's extraordinarily topical but please take politics chat to the relevant D&D or CSpam threads

Thank you

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Jerusalem posted:

I know it's extraordinarily topical but please take politics chat to the relevant D&D or CSpam threads. Also go Bernie.

I feel like this is my fault; I just didn’t think anyone would understand the Steiner reference in D&D. Sorry dudes and dudettes

Okay, so I was sick as hell Saturday, felt much better Sunday, went back to work Monday and felt progressively more hellish all day today. I think I should stay home from work tomorrow but I always feel extraordinarily guilty and like I am making the situation feel worse than it is so that I can excuse myself and feel justified; goons please help

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I cannot stress this enough: if you are sick then STAY HOME.

"Toughing" it out and showing up to work when sick means at best you are doing the job suboptimally and making things tougher for other people, and at worst you're getting everybody else sick and making things worse for your workplace.

Take the time off, get healthy, come back rested. The work will still be there when you get back.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Everything you’re saying makes sense. I already called in.

Also I still feel guilty and like I am over-reporting my symptoms to justify blah blah blah

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Better safe than sorry. Get a check up with the doctor if you're covered by insurance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress work, gently caress bosses and gently caress non-union coworkers. All three will gently caress you if there’s even a dollar to be gobbled up before they’ll spare you a dime.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good morning

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

"Toughing" it out and showing up to work when sick means at best you are doing the job suboptimally and making things tougher for other people, and at worst you're getting everybody else sick and making things worse for your workplace.

Take the time off, get healthy, come back rested. The work will still be there when you get back.

I already used up my sick days for the year (a full week!), if I get sick again before August then I have to go in or I won't have a home to say home in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

I already used up my sick days for the year (a full week!)

Jesus Christ :stare:

I know I've said it before but I legit just don't understand how this can be a thing anywhere in the world.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ :stare:

I know I've said it before but I legit just don't understand how this can be a thing anywhere in the world.

My employer is considered very good to their workers for the industry because they hire us as employees with benefits and not independent contractors!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

This is all fine an d good unless you work at a job that doesn't pay you if you don't come in. America is hosed we're doing our best but management doesn't give a gently caress

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My daughter turns 15 today.

This exchange from About a Boy, one of my favorite movies, summed up my thoughts on being a parent...

quote:

"You will end up childless and alone."

"Well, fingers crossed, yeah."

And now I have a 15 year old daughter who called me "Uncle Cobi" from drat near the moment she could talk, tells me all about her day when I pick her up from musical practice, and thinks Sammy Guevara is more attractive than Kenny Omega.

I have a daughter. Not a stepdaughter. A daughter.

Jesus Christ, how did THIS happen?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

how many gig economy workers do you think can afford to self quarantine for 14 days? ubers and delivery drivers are gonna be a huge loving vector for the spread of covid in the uk and the us. But at least a lot of boomers will die.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

how many gig economy workers do you think can afford to self quarantine for 14 days? ubers and delivery drivers are gonna be a huge loving vector for the spread of covid in the uk and the us. But at least a lot of boomers will die.

Is the recommendation really 14 days?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Huski Boi posted:

Is the recommendation really 14 days?

yes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

This exchange from About a Boy, one of my favorite movies, summed up my thoughts on being a parent...

And now I have a 15 year old daughter who called me "Uncle Cobi" from drat near the moment she could talk, tells me all about her day when I pick her up from musical practice, and thinks Sammy Guevara is more attractive than Kenny Omega.

You were a good person to someone who needed a guide through the early part of their life.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cobi’s daughterposts have been some of the most heartwarming things in the punchsport community over the last few years share if you agree

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Oh I wasn't talking about coronavirus, I was just talking about somebody who is sick in general and needs a day or two off, and it's crazy to me that there is any country in the world where that is apparently not something you can just do. Like, I can't understand why any business would want a sick employee to come in in the first place, that doesn't help ANYBODY!

CobiWann posted:

:3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

my eldest is 15 and learning to drive. poo poo just keeps happening. Its wild. Time is not a linear experience Time is not a Linuer expereace.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
remembering the movie Now You See Me. just pure unfiltered dumb as poo poo, but it was fun. cheers to the big man, Mark Ruffalo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i voted

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was debating on cancelling my VRV sub since I'd pretty much petered out on Legend of Galactic Heroes(neat show but way too drat long, might collect the Blu Rays) and stumbled onto World Doctors. Its one of those Adult Swim type shows that starts all Dada, gains sentience, expresses weird feelings and then dies leaving a boring trail of narratives.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

CobiWann posted:

and thinks Sammy Guevara is more attractive than Kenny Omega.

she's right

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
been going through fassbinder’s filmography in chronological order and i had a dream in fake german gibberish last night.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

been wanting to do that but gods of the plague was really boring so i might just hop around

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
he definitely made some rear end movies but that’s part of the fun

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

coconono posted:

I was debating on cancelling my VRV sub since I'd pretty much petered out on Legend of Galactic Heroes(neat show but way too drat long, might collect the Blu Rays) and stumbled onto World Doctors. Its one of those Adult Swim type shows that starts all Dada, gains sentience, expresses weird feelings and then dies leaving a boring trail of narratives.

If you're on like episode 80+ of LOGH I can understand why you might feel that way but mannn you gotta finish it

If you didn't get to even that point then holy moly keep goin its so good!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

If you're on like episode 80+ of LOGH I can understand why you might feel that way but mannn you gotta finish it

If you didn't get to even that point then holy moly keep goin its so good!

i hear it’s good but that’s 40 hours of life. that’s like twelve movies or like five books.
or a work week.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's very good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My bed frame snapped the heck in half at like 5am today so I've been up since then repairing it with my dad. I'm gonna sleep though all of the super tuesday stress.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goodnight

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

My bed frame snapped the heck in half at like 5am today so I've been up since then repairing it with my dad. I'm gonna sleep though all of the super tuesday stress.

hell yeah good job fuckin

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

hell yeah good job fuckin

NienNunb posted:

Volcel for cinema, volcel for gamimg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I figured you went to bed. didn't mean to dismiss-post.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Zzzzzzzz

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

puppys

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm volvel when i'm not UFCKING

Been spending super tuesday thinking of the dumbest things to post on twitter. Choke Holes got me cracking up.

Also it must be expired heroin day at the local pig palace. Found no less than 3 cops snoozing in their cars on my noon food run.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

throwing some touchdowns today on the old video game. I'm on the Cincinnati Bengals throwing a lot of touchdowns. my guy's name is Jon Moxley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

It's not as good as it used to be(since they lost Shudder*) but overall I still find VRV to be worth keeping subscribed to

*which is really obnoxious cause Shudder still doesn't have a PS4 app