Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the Lutkins 12 marks and Duffin 11 marks were both against Adelaide as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Collingwood women's copped 3 season ending injuries this week, slightly bad luck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

This is a video game thing but Australian Football Coach 2020 is dropping on steam on the 14th and will be a free upgrade to anyone that owns the original.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Is it officially AFL licensed? I remember an AFL coaching game ages ago but it was full of teams like the Essendon Jets, and the Adelaide Ravens

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It was truly one of the few games I was tempted to get a refund for because just ugh.

Obviously it wasn't going to have the polish and features of something like FM or OOTP but jesus...

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

The Deadly Hume posted:

It was truly one of the few games I was tempted to get a refund for because just ugh.

Obviously it wasn't going to have the polish and features of something like FM or OOTP but jesus...

Ew. Can someone post a review of the 2020 one? I’ve always wanted to play a football manager game but don’t care about soccer. But if it’s poo poo then whatever

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Since I'll get it for free I'll have a look. It's not out until the 14th but going by the screenshots I'm not optimistic.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah the GREG!

https://twitter.com/carltonfc_w/status/1234765458965979137

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

This is legit what you get when you google that.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Kade Kolojashnij gets headaches from sunlight some days due to concussion. Dude needs to retire and hopefully having a guy like Jordan Lewis tell him that will help him make the right decision

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hearing whispers the Shanghai game between Port and St Kilda will be scratched off this year and moved to Docklands instead. That’s probably the smartest move.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

harperdc posted:

Hearing whispers the Shanghai game between Port and St Kilda will be scratched off this year and moved to Docklands instead. That’s probably the smartest move.

not whispers, they confirmed it yesterday

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...316e45d8a68122a

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah it was pretty likely for a while..

I will probably go to the Carlton v St Kilda on Saturday since I'm in town for the weekend. First time at Princes Park in over 30 years. I wonder if it still smells like piss.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/572200

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I still have zero clue where they’d play AFL. If they’re also exploring the San Francisco Bay Area, it could mean a few more stadiums as possibilities, especially the Oakland A’s / former Oakland Raiders home of the Oakland Coliseum, and Levi’s Stadium for the 49ers. The Coliseum would be a decent shout because it’s got a ton of space around an NFL gridiron, but hardly the most glamorous area.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bags playing them the week after they play in LA

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Geelong have been cheating the salary cap for the last 8 years and have received a penalty of $40,000 lol

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also apparently Sarah Perkins is about to play for Melbourne this week so go Dees I guess.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Also apparently Sarah Perkins is about to play for Melbourne this week so go Dees I guess.

Lol I guess we literally ran out of available players on our list?

Oh well, Perkins is good at kicking it through the big sticks and thats been our biggest shortcoming so far, so could be a good fit!

Its a real shame Lauren Pearce is out, because a forward duo of Cunningham and Perkins would be pretty good if she didnt need to cover the ruck

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 5, 2020

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Hooray Perkins :unsmith: Really hope she has a blinder and puts her name back in the equation for being drafted this year.

The Crows used Rachelle Martin in a similar role in round 1, when we had only 20 fit players on the list, and honestly she played a drat good game, was one of our best on the day. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets drafted on that performance alone. She hasn't been eligible to play since because players returns from injury.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Round 1 of the mens league is only 12 days away, so it's time for some FANTASY FOOTBALL

Unless there are a lot of objections, we'll dump SuperCoach this year and just stick to UltimateFooty, which is now no longer with Fairfax, so you need to reregister an account, but it did let me salvage the old league, so...

:frogsiren: Welcome to GOON GOLDEN SPOON 8 :frogsiren:

The invite link can be found here, and all goons are welcome, from the die hards to the lurkers to our goon friends from America and Europe and everywhere else

The draft is going to be either on the 14th or 15th of March, so start nominating day and time, because I'll need to set it in stone by midweek.

If people want the extras, I'm willing to :homebrew: for the premium stats, and premium league control, to make things more fun this year

Matt Gloss
Aug 30, 2004
Touch dry in four hours!
I’m in again! Don’t know if the utility added anything last year - don’t mind either way but 90% of the time it ended up just being another centre.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah the girls, 3 in a row! Go da bloooos!

A good match, the Saints are probably the best of the expansion sides, they played really well today but just couldn't shut down our forwardline. I think they'll be pretty good next year and even this year they should have won another game or two.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Well, they were good in the first quarter but after that just weren't connecting. I mean two of their four goals were from catching Carlton napping on the centre clearance.

Glad I went though. The 19 tram back to the city was utterly ridiculous though (down to 20 min frequency by 9pm). As in, I didn't even get on it because it was so packed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Go dees

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Goldrick's attack on the ball is pretty fun to watch

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Perkins robbed by not paying the advantage

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Would have been real handy if Brissie knocked over Freo today. Dees v Carlton next week should be a big one.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

They've both got their games against Freo to come as well so those will be interesting too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Dees v Blues is in alice springs so it'll be bloody hot.

edit:

Ed Curnow with the dentures

https://i.imgur.com/Qd3MSIP.mp4

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 9, 2020

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

edit:

Ed Curnow with the dentures

https://i.imgur.com/Qd3MSIP.mp4

lol

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
A Dockers player is getting tested for coronavirus. That would really rip through a footy club if someone went to the gym with it or something

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Could be worse, like when a MRSA outbreak went through an NFL locker room in 2013.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

gay picnic defence posted:

A Dockers player is getting tested for coronavirus. That would really rip through a footy club if someone went to the gym with it or something

Came back negative, so all good.

However, Sam McClure went and named the young player anyway before the negative announcement was made, what a dickhead.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
but you repeat yourself etc etc

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

A little reminder for the tipping comp (it may ask you to reactivate)
https://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips&p=goons

I am not changing anything so it'll be pretty vanilla:

- Comp finishes after home and away
- Away teams for forgotten tips

Flexi and Streak are on by default but I don't think anyone's ever paid attention to those here.

No money in, no money out, it's just a fun thing to get angry about.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Headline on article from a few days ago...

“AFL boss Gill McLachlan concedes games may have to be played at empty stadiums because of the coronavirus”

I really want to see this, just for the spectacle.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Forum Joe posted:

Headline on article from a few days ago...

“AFL boss Gill McLachlan concedes games may have to be played at empty stadiums because of the coronavirus”

I really want to see this, just for the spectacle.

Should sign up for a melbourne membership then

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I want to see Dusty Martin and Paddy Dangerfield play to a silent non-existent crowd like they’re under 10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I want to see what the umpiring is like with no crowd