Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Chaitai posted:

I stopped playing right after hitting 30 and getting WT2 I think. Is it worth it to boost to get to WT5 to start the expansion or should I play to up there and then get the expansion?

I went from fresh 30 to WT5 in a weekend. It's not a huge time commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, there’s like 3 of them on buildings and I can see a bunch of rappelling ropes at various points but no actually way to get up.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there is one SHD tech where you have to do a side mission or a bounty in the general area to get access to the building where it is. I think its in the Constitution Hall area. That one completely stumped me for an hour until I got frustrated enough to look up how to get it.

Xegaus fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 3, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Seedge posted:

Tech and chute on your left, you'll see a fire escape along that wall with a yellow tarp. Keep going along that wall, you'll see two metal sheets you could kick down, then look on your right for the way up to start you off.

Considering i've mainly been looking at night, i likely would never have seen that.
Tough puzzles this time around.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bamhand posted:

I went from fresh 30 to WT5 in a weekend. It's not a huge time commitment.

But do you need to do it for the expansion?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

lol, I made the mistake of not getting out of a hostage rescue crate quick enough and it reset and now I'm stuck in it.

edit: fast travel out was fine, it was just funny

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

a lot of the shd tech you actually have to shoot the rope to make it drop, there s athing on the bottom where its hanging and you shoot it and it explodes and the rope drops

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, there’s like 3 of them on buildings and I can see a bunch of rappelling ropes at various points but no actually way to get up.

At least a few of the ones in New York I’ve done require you to shoot down a rappelling rope or knock down some debris to make a bridge. If a rappelling point has a smaller yellow ball on the end of the larger orange part you can shoot it to make it drop. It’ll explode if you shot the right thing/can actually shoot it.

One of the ropes I needed to shoot was something like 125 meters away from the cache itself.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

At least a few of the ones in New York I’ve done require you to shoot down a rappelling rope or knock down some debris to make a bridge. If a rappelling point has a smaller yellow ball on the end of the larger orange part you can shoot it to make it drop. It’ll explode if you shot the right thing/can actually shoot it.

I figured that part of it is stuff being tied to interactions that you’re not primed to look for, but there’s one underground in the financial district that’s baffling me. I’m in the tunnels, I can see it at a 90 degree turn with grating on either side... and no way in at all. I found a door that I shot the lock off of but it was a dead end.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I figured that part of it is stuff being tied to interactions that you’re not primed to look for, but there’s one underground in the financial district that’s baffling me. I’m in the tunnels, I can see it at a 90 degree turn with grating on either side... and no way in at all. I found a door that I shot the lock off of but it was a dead end.

A yellow boss spawned for me in those sewers and dropped a key that opened the door to the SHD tech. I think the trigger was getting into another door that required shooting a yellow panel through the glass on the door.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

BexGu posted:

But do you need to do it for the expansion?

No, you don't need to do anything, the expansion automatically bumps you up to 30 WT5 power level no matter what level you are. It doesn't let you return to DC until you've beaten NYC though (and presumably hit level 40).

It kind of wipes the slate clean, all my guns got replaced with generic ones at the new power level. I don't know if that's just because I was only WT1 though.

I'm assuming I'll be able to back to DC to fight black tusk and they'll be scaled to 40? I haven't heard confirmation of that. I also assume NYC has its own new WT system or something.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A yellow boss spawned for me in those sewers and dropped a key that opened the door to the SHD tech. I think the trigger was getting into another door that required shooting a yellow panel through the glass on the door.

That guy scared the crap out of me last night. I popped around the corner and he was 10’ away. Made me glad a couple of my builds survived somewhat intact.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

There are a lot of up high bags you can shoot which will drop a rope for you to climb.

efb slow posting

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That was definitely the trigger. I spent quite a while puzzling over how to get into that room and also how to get into the SHD room. Eventually shot the box through the window which opened the door spawning yellow dude, and when I saw he dropped a key I ran straight to the SHD room.

Interesting but I'm terrible at puzzles so this isn't a great sign for how finding SHD stashes is going to go for me!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How do I get side missions in New York?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did you play Division 1? Some of the locations there were really loving grim. 20' tall piles of body bags, the load lifters abandoned halfway through the process, while a huge winter storm starts raging, your only light being the constantly burning fires.

I was all about Div 1. Loved the grim post apocalypse of NYC. But to see the amount of blood on the streets, and the piles of dead rats from virus/drowning in blood/whatever and the toppling mountains of trash. Goddamn they really made it this time.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do I get side missions in New York?

Do the liberations as well as the main missions, I'm finding.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I just did this one. The door at the other end of the room can be opened. - it has a padlock on its outside. You need to go round to the other side of it and shoot the padlock off through the railings.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol, I made the mistake of not getting out of a hostage rescue crate quick enough and it reset and now I'm stuck in it.

edit: fast travel out was fine, it was just funny

now I'm just imagining shipping crates with a loot crate in the back being the most effective method to trap division agents

perhaps this was keener's secret all along

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turns out I was missing my shots. Got a few SHD tech now during lunch after grabbing a marksman rifle and landing hits on the bottom section of the rappelling ropes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Apparently there are perfect damage roll gloves at the Clan Vendor y’all

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Which pc clans have space? My partner and I are back to playing

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Post poste posted:

Which pc clans have space? My partner and I are back to playing

Extra Judicial. See OP :)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

smellmycheese posted:

Apparently there are perfect damage roll gloves at the Clan Vendor y’all

Yeah this. When you hit 40, go to the clan vendor asap.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So, I'm level 35 and NYC is fun so far. I love the tension, but once I beat it, it (and DC) will be more tense with Hard mode and directives.

I gotta say that I'm in AHO and I love being part of a collective but I'll never take another random invite for a co-op mission, even from a clanmate.

Played through a level with another goon and the guy rushes through everything. I try to poke around for loot, collectibles, even the occasionally visible secret.

They kept pushing ahead though 'cause they were in a rush. Which sorta bummed me out.

Thankfully, the two times they said "brb kids", I found secrets with good loot chests both times. So :respek: to them.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I honestly think it’s better to play story missions for the first time on your own so you can soak it up and poke about. They’ve put so much effort into the environment on these missions that it’s a crime to rush through it all

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Morter posted:

So, I'm level 35 and NYC is fun so far. I love the tension, but once I beat it, it (and DC) will be more tense with Hard mode and directives.

I gotta say that I'm in AHO and I love being part of a collective but I'll never take another random invite for a co-op mission, even from a clanmate.

Played through a level with another goon and the guy rushes through everything. I try to poke around for loot, collectibles, even the occasionally visible secret.

They kept pushing ahead though 'cause they were in a rush. Which sorta bummed me out.

Thankfully, the two times they said "brb kids", I found secrets with good loot chests both times. So :respek: to them.

Add me if you want (ognarisog).
No Loot Left Behind is my motto.

e: i used to get specialization points on level up or field efficiency, I switched to gunner when I went to NY, i'm 36 now and havent got any spec points at all.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 3, 2020

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Maybe this is dumb but in the NYC safe house is there something to interact with to locate the caches like in DC?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

Maybe this is dumb but in the NYC safe house is there something to interact with to locate the caches like in DC?

No but if you go near a ? that is actually a SHD cache it’ll appear on the map. The ?’s show up in the fog too so it kind of makes the entire thing pointless :v:

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 3, 2020

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I'm a goober and so I'm starting over from scratch on PS4, if anyone else is doing the same or just want to run the OG content with a fat man PSN is Nosferatusoon

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I might take about a week for this. I'm enjoying trailing off and poking around in every door too much. Which leads me to my wish for Division 3: Do a time-jump about 10 years and let the team design a proto-Fallout with that gfx-engine and their love of detail!

Side Note: Enemies absolutely melted with my brought-over DC-equipment but since i changed to nominally better new loot i struggle quite a bit. I'm sure this would have happened anyway, but feels strange.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My only hope for a division 3 would be for them to flesh out the population/npcs (i feel there should be more people still around / communities being a little larger?) and for the open world to be a little more developed aka let me explore more buildings / skyscrapers instead of blocking off every building except the story mission ones.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Are there Control Points (or an equivalent) in NY? Wondering if I have to grind the rest of 'em out in DC for ones I haven't gotten yet, or if I can get them all in NY.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Are there Control Points (or an equivalent) in NY? Wondering if I have to grind the rest of 'em out in DC for ones I haven't gotten yet, or if I can get them all in NY.

Yes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Division 2: “I told you it would be fun.”

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Some of this new music loving GOES. One of the investigations (Kajika, I think) has these synthy voices and it feels like some weird club-goth dance banger. Really hope the OST goes up on spotify soon

Liking the aesthetics this time around, especially glad there’s not as much flag-loving.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Liking the aesthetics this time around, especially glad there’s not as much flag-loving.

Was there really all that much flag-loving before?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Good news for Stadia owners! I guess that's what the cross-play warning was about

Also, the Hunter outfit has been added to the apparel cache loot pool, so if you can unlock it with textiles if you missed out on the referral program one.

I've started playing on PC cause I got tired of PS4 load times. Game is v. pretty now, but getting weird frame hitching every so often. Might have to go back to PS4.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Was there really all that much flag-loving before?

What do you think the True Sons were doing? Their whole MO was to take advantage of the chaos to collect, and gently caress, the most important flags in DC.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm unable to talk to control point officers. Evidently others are experiencing the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Some of this new music loving GOES. One of the investigations (Kajika, I think) has these synthy voices and it feels like some weird club-goth dance banger. Really hope the OST goes up on spotify soon

Division 1 and 2 both have had some of the low-key best soundtracks in video games. Survival soundtrack itself was loving amazing.