Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Simpsons still relevant confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I feel like the Fox and Disney animation spheres should be kept entirely separate so this really bothers me. Also, fire the entire Simpsons staff and format their hard drives.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I bet Pixar is going to make a Simpsons movie sometime this decade.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd watch another Simpsons movie. I didn't like the show anymore at the time but I thought the movie was a ton of fun. Then again I'm also a huge sucker for TV shows being made into theatrical movies.

Speaking of which, where the gently caress is the Bob's Burgers movie

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We are fast approaching the point where the Simpsons movie is closer to the start of the show than present day Simpsons episodes

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It's a shame South Park, The Simpsons and Beavis & Butthead got their own theater movies, but all 4 of the Futurama films were DVD made.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pixeltendo posted:

It's a shame all 4 of the Futurama films were made.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hey the first movie was good, movie 2 and 4 were alright, but movie 3 sucked.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Bender's Game would have made for a fine episode of the original series, but they just did not have enough material for a whole movie.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of which, where the gently caress is the Bob's Burgers movie

July 17, allegedly.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Beavis & Butthead Do America makes every other TV-to-movie look worse.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I think 2 was the worst for the Futurama movies. 3 at least had some decent pathos and some good fantasy jokes. 2 really wants you to empathize with the alien tentacle monster, which is awkward when it's essentially raping everyone in the show and making Leela feel bad about now being down with the whole thing at the end.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pixeltendo posted:

Hey the first movie was good, movie 2 and 4 were alright, but movie 3 sucked.

I think they all would have been better as episodes or two-parters. And the tentacle monster was just super gross, hated that entire thing.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is the teen titan vs teen titan movie any good

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is the teen titan vs teen titan movie any good

It was alright. More straight adventure in the TT mould. There’s fun to be had though.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Schwarzwald posted:

Beavis & Butthead Do America makes every other TV-to-movie look worse.

Agreed. That movie is good in so many ways it's kind of incredible.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks like Sony is testing the next steps of the tech used on INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE on CONNECTED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toBGv7yvIV8

The movie could be whatever, but the animation looks great.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
HIGH HOPES FOR A LIVIN

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

blast0rama posted:

Looks like Sony is testing the next steps of the tech used on INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE on CONNECTED.

This looks really fun. Though I think I preferred the old title. Ah well.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

blast0rama posted:

This looks phenomenal on multiple levels. I'm definitely starting to see a pattern with Lord & Miller's stuff, but it's not one that I'm tired of yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

blast0rama posted:

Start giving the animated film oscar to Sony Pictures Animation even if the movie isn't good cause they do stuff Disney and Pixar just don't visually

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

See, the animation is very good and interesting. I agree with that.

But man, am I just not interested in the movie version of those "millennials sure are addicted to their phones" political comic strips

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I had more fun with Spies in Disguise than I did with Toy Story 4. I could easily re-watch the former for a sensible chuckle.

Klaus may have gotten passed over, but it will really hold up as a Christmas classic and an excellent film in general.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Macaluso posted:

Start giving the animated film oscar to Sony Pictures Animation even if the movie isn't good cause they do stuff Disney and Pixar just don't visually

I mean, Spiderverse did get one, there just wasn't really anything else with a high enough profile this past year unless I'm forgetting

paradoxGentleman posted:

But man, am I just not interested in the movie version of those "millennials sure are addicted to their phones" political comic strips

I'm not intimately familiar with everyone involved in the production, so we'll see, but Lord & Miller have a good enough track record that I'm expecting quite a bit more nuance than that. Hope I'm not wrong.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lord and Miller's total input into Spiderverse may be debated, but it is scientifically proven that a movie is 87 percent better if their names are on the poster, like Michael Keaton.

Solo does not count as it put work into scrubbing Lord and Miller out of the final product, to the film's detriment and ultimate failure.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This reminds me of what Tartakovsky was trying for with the original Hotel Transylvania (more stretch and squish and slightly off-model stuff like is found in Trad Animation). And I guess it makes sense that Sony Pictures Animated is the one going in that direction.

It kind of feels more like a Laika or Wallace and Gromit joint than a CGI film, and that's pretty neat.

The eyes are a little too distinct from everything else but very cartoony.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hotel Transylvania looks so good and is so bad

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

paradoxGentleman posted:

I feel like with how often the dad loses himself in video tapes of the past, the take'll be a bit more nuanced than "phone bad."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also the primary conflict at the start is the daughter being pissed at the dad for loving up her goodbye present because of his technophobia. Doesn't sound like the dad's supposed to be in the right.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Well that's not good - and a huge indication of how much China influences the industry now: They just reported they delayed the release of the new Bond film until November hoping the pandemic will have died down.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

New Scoob! trailer drops Thursday!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Robindaybird posted:

Well that's not good - and a huge indication of how much China influences the industry now: They just reported they delayed the release of the new Bond film until November hoping the pandemic will have died down.

To be fair, it's not just China, a large chunk of the world is freaking out over coronavirus.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Also it was reported on the local news about the Bond movie delay. It's been delayed because theaters in countries including Japan, India, South Korea, and yes, China are actually closed for the foreseeable future due to the virus fears.

This is less a "China rules the industry" scenario and more a "there's literally no where to show this movie in almost half the world" scenario.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ThermoPhysical posted:

The one trailer I saw was enough to sell this movie to me, but I'll still watch this offering.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

ThermoPhysical posted:

Huh, didn't expect this but the apparent bad guy is Dick Dastardly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Argue posted:

Huh, didn't expect this but the apparent bad guy is Dick Dastardly.

I noticed the car/airship in the first trailer, and did wonder.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also, reminder: Castlevania S3 is out today!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

For a movie about Scooby doo it doesn't seem to stick much to the Scooby doo formula.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pixeltendo posted:

For a movie about Scooby doo it doesn't seem to stick much to the Scooby doo formula.

Scooby Doo doesn't really have a formula these days except "group of teens investigate mysteries"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There's something about the way Shaggy's face is animated that I absolutely hate. Scooby too to a slightly lesser extent. The way they're doing their mouths just looks really bad and I can't put my finger on why.

I think everything else in that trailer looked good though, although Fred's design feels pretty boring next to everyone else. I like that this Scooby Doo movie is really more of a Hanna Barbara movie. I'm not really a fan of Scooby Doo in the first place, but I like everything in the trailer... well except for said Scooby and Shaggy