Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Alaois posted:

all i know is i'm definitely more likely to watch badempanada videos on youtube, looks like self-promotion does its job again

you could really embarrass me by screenshotting this, I would be exposed for my callous reduction of the racism endured by a white man

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poo poo pee pee posted:

you could really embarrass me by screenshotting this, I would be exposed for my callous reduction of the racism endured by a white man

if you make videos like you post i really don't need to embarrass you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
are you actually badempanda or is this some insane psyop

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Alaois posted:

if you make videos like you post i really don't need to embarrass you

I insist, please tell the world that I have engaged in racism against the Person of Colour, Angry Joe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like dump lover.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poo poo pee pee posted:

I insist, please tell the world that I have engaged in racism against the Person of Colour, Angry Joe

i don't actually know what you're doing because the point of conversation was "despite his skin color matching the generally accepted definition of white, Angered Joseph still experiences discrimination in the United States" and your entire point seems to be "Ah actually, if he didn't live in the United States, he would in fact be privileged!"

like holy poo poo dude amazing insight

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

if you really think about it nobody expect starving children in africa should complain about anything

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Don't make me post the new Sseth video to move this thread back to talking about internet personalities instead of whatever this dumb poo poo is.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The most distressing part of this to me is that after two decades the username poo poo pee pee was not already taken

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

Alaois posted:

i don't actually know what you're doing because the point of conversation was "despite his skin color matching the generally accepted definition of white, Angered Joseph still experiences discrimination in the United States" and your entire point seems to be "Ah actually, if he didn't live in the United States, he would in fact be privileged!"

like holy poo poo dude amazing insight

yes, the fact that his parents are white Mexicans definitely confers zero privilege upon him. white Mexicans are only people who have owned plantations and worked slaves for centuries after all. and if you get stopped at the TSA for being a fat guy with a beard, you're a PoC

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Archer666 posted:

Don't make me post the new Sseth video to move this thread back to talking about internet personalities instead of whatever this dumb poo poo is.

dont post the guy who constantly makes """ironic""" shekels jokes hth

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Man those privileged Mexicans sure could be brought down a peg or two from their lofty perch of never being discriminated against in Trump's America.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

sorry light-skinned cubans, your discrimination visa has been permanently revoked because your skin colour uniquely ties you to a heritage of slavery against persons of a different colour.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I just did a Google image search, and honestly America might be the only country in the world that would consider this Angry Joe to be a person of colour, but I 100% believe he experiences racism. Because here's the thing: if the people doing the racism think you're a different race, that's all they need. It doesn't matter if you'd be the considered the same race anywhere else in the world, because the racism is being done to you here and now.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

dmboogie posted:

dont post the guy who constantly makes """ironic""" shekels jokes hth

The outrage he generates is preferable to this mess.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
This is weird because Ben Domenech of the Federalist and Husband of Meghan McCain literally just had a twitter argument with Nikole Hannah-Jones where he said White Cubans don't exist, Spaniards aren't white, and he isn't white because his family owned slaves in Cuba or some poo poo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bug Squash posted:

I just did a Google image search, and honestly America might be the only country in the world that would consider this Angry Joe to be a person of colour, but I 100% believe he experiences racism. Because here's the thing: if the people doing the racism think you're a different race, that's all they need. It doesn't matter if you'd be the considered the same race anywhere else in the world, because the racism is being done to you here and now.

I didn't know the guy so I googled him and you can 100% clock him as a "non-American". You can be Latino and pass as a "Northern White" person in America or Europe -- I had a friend that lived a year in Germany and said people assumed he was European, he's very white and has green eyes -- but I 100% believe an already racist institution could profile him just by the way he looks.

Funny thing is that I had this conversation with my brother a week ago, he thought being "Latino" was bullshit considering our usual racial definitions and I said even though it sounds like it, when you cross the border you become "Latino", it's just something you feel. I'm a white Brazilian and in my year abroad in the Midwest I most definitely didn't feel "white" even before I opened my mouth and people could notice my accent.

Dias fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 3, 2020

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

these men are pawns!!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why is this conversation happening a second time. I was going to make a post earlier about "in one incarnation of these threads people were seriously saying AJ was white and stood their ground" but it looks like I didn't have to.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I remember that, the one twitter dumbass got clowned over it and some people in the thread were being dumb, even last time I pointed it out like the guy's name is Jo(s)e Vargas, he's been hassled by travel screening shitheads more than once while his white buddies never got looked at twice, he got very vocal about this even, dude's not really 'stealth hispanic' or anything.

Goofy mugging face picture but still, look at this totally-very-white-man.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 3, 2020

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Pretty much. Even if the dude doesn’t get pegged as Latino at a thousand paces (which... I could go either way on that), soon as some rear end in a top hat with power knows his legal name he’s getting poo poo over it. And getting poo poo specifically about your <any identity marker> from some petty rear end in a top hat with power over you is kinda the essence of what is or not relevant in an anti-discrimination context.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol his full name is Jose Antonio Vargas, yeah, you ain't passing as a white person in America with that name.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

just an fyi, you don’t have to argue with people who are clearly, passionately, and obviously wrong

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

watho posted:

just an fyi, you don’t have to argue with people who are clearly, passionately, and obviously wrong

I'd go so far as to remind people that the "ignore" function is free, and extremely fun to use!

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

watho posted:

Sure but this is somehow better than the last two hot thread topics, and trying to talk about awesome BDG or Cody videos didn’t stop those.
I don’t think better posts are possible y’all.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm nearly 200 new posts in the internet personality and review thread, this seems ominous.

After scrolling through all of that, I've come to some conclusions. None of you are innocent,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIfDNHCEz0U

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CmdrKing posted:

Sure but this is somehow better than the last two hot thread topics, and trying to talk about awesome BDG or Cody videos didnt stop those.
I dont think better posts are possible yall.

I just watched the Kirby video and I'm glad I share this generation with BDG.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Dutifully, I reset the "Days since a poster in the thread had a perfectly normal one" sign back to zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLKZtppbm_Q

I can't believe Angry Joe controls the fate of the middle east

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Kim Justice posted:

Dutifully, I reset the "Days since a poster in the thread had a perfectly normal one" sign back to zero

This meme needs to come back

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

are you actually badempanda or is this some insane psyop

I don't get it, badempenada is the guy who made that pretty good Columbus video, what made it look like this person who doesn't understand American racial politics is badempenada?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man moviebobert has been on a twitter roll the entire day

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Two of my friends I went to pax with went to his panel thinking it'd be funny but it was the worst poo poo they ever saw apparently.

e: lol you werent kidding.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

oh no

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Kim Justice posted:

To this day I still think it's a crime that Jay Bauman never saved and reuploaded any footage of the Istar trailer being played at various speeds that one RLM stream prior to Previously Recorded's existence.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ah yes, the white working class, leading cause of injustice in the USA and not merely symptomatic of a broken system that favours those on top at the expense of all others.

By all means call out racists and bigots wherever they are found but also look beyond them to see who forces their hand and pulls their strings, because it's not just politicians but the corporate types above even them who perpetuate these social problems.

Bob can it look beyond the 80s high school culture that bullied him so he directs all of his ire at those who he perceives personally wronged him and no further.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Two of my friends I went to pax with went to his panel thinking it'd be funny but it was the worst poo poo they ever saw apparently.

Do those panels get uploaded anywhere? Asking as a masochist.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

of course Film Robert is a Warren stan.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1234761224619003905

I use to be such a huge fan of Bob back in the day...loving hell...:stonk:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Eugenics Bob strikes again.

It loving amazes me that he of all people would believe in survival of the fittest and then name himself the former.

You should fight it with all you have Bob. In a survivalist future. Packs of rabid kindergarteners will eat you Bob. They're going to make tiny huts from your ribcage to live in Bob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1234745651063332864

:lol: Is this guy a 14 year old atheist on reddit? This is so cringy.

Edit: also huge lol at Bob retweeting his sycophants kissing his rear end. How embarrassing. https://twitter.com/st_mulberry/status/1234747277744525313

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 3, 2020