Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Flaggy posted:

So back story: Our store had just opened and we were signing up for accounts on Day 1. I, as a joke, filled out my name as Ticklebuns to make my wife laugh. She did not. But the manager of the this particular Costco thought it was hilarious and granted me the name Ticklebuns on my card. So now, I get asked every time I go through check out. Worth it.

~extremely sheriff of Malibu voice~ is this your only ID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Flaggy posted:

So back story: Our store had just opened and we were signing up for accounts on Day 1. I, as a joke, filled out my name as Ticklebuns to make my wife laugh. She did not. But the manager of the this particular Costco thought it was hilarious and granted me the name Ticklebuns on my card. So now, I get asked every time I go through check out. Worth it.

Ticklebuns, serving 4-6 months upstate.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Flaggy posted:

Oh my god

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also went to Costco today. Cashed in my rewards check and returned $70 of baby formula I bought 8 months ago and never used.

...Then I gave it all right back. The produce was on point today though.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Disaster during this visit. Most cards stopped going through. People are getting rung up and then told to use the single atm to get cash. Lines stretching full length of the store.

Edit: 14 people waiting at the atm. Not going to be pretty if it runs out of cash

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Saw the same thing at a non-Costco grocery store just now. Credit card transactions were randomly getting declined and lines were getting silly.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Looks to be a wider debit/credit processing outage, a bunch of large retailers are impacted.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Thank you whoever recommended the peanut butter whiskey. It just made it to our Costco and it is incredible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Went in tonight to stock up on dog food. The id checker up front was giving everyone Lysol wipes

It’s Here

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaithfulSpicyCrowRalpherZ

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Fallom posted:

Went in tonight to stock up on dog food. The id checker up front was giving everyone Lysol wipes

It’s Here

Portland Costco at opening time on Sunday (not my photo):

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Costco Japan is also facing shortages:

I love the wording with this. You guys are panicking morons and there's no problem with supply in this country, but you won't listen anyway so this poo poo is unnecessarily sold out and we have to implement limits. Also, the hell with our sales, you suckers will pay full price for them anyway so we're cancelling them!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDanJimenez/status/1234671488843730945

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

.Z. posted:

Portland Costco at opening time on Sunday (not my photo):

Fuuuuuuuuck that looks like my church. I've got this rewards voucher I need to cash in but haven't wanted to deal with that kind of mayhem. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I can sneak in for my cash and a dog and get out without too much hassle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Flaggy posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
People are dumb.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1234728462390136837?s=19

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm going to church after work for dog food. I pray that I can pass through easily and get my slice on the way out.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you'd have bought that bidet seat, you wouldn't need to make a run on TP.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChairmanBernard/status/1234729571682938882?s=20

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I stopped by Costco last night to pick up a bunch of "just in case" non-perishable staples last night as well as a bunch of canisters of formula for my kiddo.

Right when I got in line is when the credit/debit system took a poo poo, and no one was interested in paying by cash/check (aside from a few olds who still carry checkbooks), so I just took out some cash at the ATM and booked it out of there. Had to be ~60 people in line, at 8pm on a Monday night, who may not have been able to complete their purchases. Poor saps.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Midniter posted:

I stopped by Costco last night to pick up a bunch of "just in case" non-perishable staples last night as well as a bunch of canisters of formula for my kiddo.

Right when I got in line is when the credit/debit system took a poo poo, and no one was interested in paying by cash/check (aside from a few olds who still carry checkbooks), so I just took out some cash at the ATM and booked it out of there. Had to be ~60 people in line, at 8pm on a Monday night, who may not have been able to complete their purchases. Poor saps.

Sounds like it was more than just Costco. I arrived at Trader Joe's just after the card machines started working again. Then was told the same thing by the Costco checkers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Confirming that the Costco Citi Visa has made the Costco experience just that much easier.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A win for checkbooks!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BONGHITZ posted:

A win for checkbooks!

smiling cash and check customers at every table in the food court.
smug debit card users left dogless.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hey if writing a check for a litre of half and half is good enough for the dude, it’s good enough for me.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
My local food court now had seafood chowder.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

FogHelmut posted:

If you'd have bought that bidet seat, you wouldn't need to make a run on TP.

it's on sale again fyi, definitely the galaxy brain move considering the TP shortage

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I saw they had bread testers out at the store today and ate a couple of each one they had out. gently caress the virus free food trumps all.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Flaggy posted:

Man, I signed up myself for costco membership and in the big nickname box I put "Flash, savior of the universe" and for my nickname they just gave me "Flash" but my buddy who is black and asked for a Chapelle show character, he doesn't get the first five letters of his nickname, instead they left it blank!

Character in question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnTfZ_mE5k

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man, I signed up myself for costco membership and in the big nickname box I put "Flash, savior of the universe" and for my nickname they just gave me "Flash"

Should have gone with 'King of the impossible'.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Has anyone seen the March ad yet? All I can find is this:

https://www.costcoinsider.com/upcoming-costco-coupon-books/

quote:

March 2020 Coupon Book | March 11th – April 5th
Kirkland Signature Jelly Belly $4 off
Kirkland Signature Adult Multivitamin Gummies $3 off
Coppertone Sport Sunscreen SPF 50 $4 off
Scotts Turf Builder Weed & Feed or Bonus S $10 off
Huggies Plus Pull-Ups $7.50 off
Zyrtec Tablets $8 off
Claritin Tablets $8 off
Flonase Allergy Relief $11 off
Softsoap Advanced Clean Liquid Hand Soap
Hormel SPAM $5 off

e: lol god dammit, I refreshed the page and the march ad is up
https://www.costcoinsider.com/costco-march-2020-coupon-book/#coupon-book

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bottled water is going to be on sale!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

We went to Costco yesterday evening for our usual stocking up trip (Clackamas OR location) and it was busy, but not insane. TP and cleaning wipes were sold out. Thankfully we still have plenty at home.

I brought my own wipes for the cart and then my toddler stuck the seatbelt buckle in his mouth so, :rip: us.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’ve got mail order TP lol owned.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just LOL that you didn’t order that bidet.

Feelin pretty good rite now.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Minto Took posted:

I’ve got mail order TP lol owned.

carbon for the carbon god

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Laterite posted:

carbon for the carbon god

My butthole demands the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Minto Took posted:

My butthole demands the best.

Why there no Kirkland personal lubricant?