Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Can't wait to see how many things I miss that are references to the spin off games, which I never touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hear Part 3 will be a perfect 1:1 recreation of Dirge of Cerberus.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I want it to be a running gag that everyone loves Stamp and Cloud is the only one lost.

Also I'm sure there's going to be a sidequest involving a Stamp superfan.

...Instead of the 1/35 Soldier there will be the 1/35 Stamp

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No, part 3 is just the gold saucer (second visit)

Dio won't give you the stone unless you win 500 GP in the arcade, which now includes 10 full games

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Part 3 is the North Crater. 30 hours of navigating it. Lots of jump puzzles. And if you miss the Zombie Dragon's enemy skill you gotta start from part 1 again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whatever part has the Gold Saucer must rival Yakuza games in the mini-games department.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Demo is good. Excited to be back on the train.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I should probably play this demo.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Elentor posted:

Part 3 is the North Crater. 30 hours of navigating it. Lots of jump puzzles. And if you miss the Zombie Dragon's enemy skill you gotta start from part 1 again.

30 hour xen game coming up, the half-life crossover was an ill omen!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It seems pressing the Touchpad while locked onto an enemy, you get info for said enemy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PunkBoy posted:

I want it to be a running gag that everyone loves Stamp and Cloud is the only one lost.

Also I'm sure there's going to be a sidequest involving a Stamp superfan.

...Instead of the 1/35 Soldier there will be the 1/35 Stamp

Everyone immediately forgives Reeve for being a spy when they find out he created the character.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Elentor posted:

Eh, still not as hard as Pitioss.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

precision posted:

Yuffie doesn't rhyme with Buffy????

It's "mah-ko" not "may-ko"???????

This remake ARE sick!

haha yeah I always said Mayko

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
whats next? Sheenra?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Zaphod42 posted:

haha yeah I always said Mayko

This blows my mind. I had no idea people said it as “mayko” or “yuh-fee”. Even before I knew how Japanese worked it was still “Mah-ko” and “yoo-fee” in my brain.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TommyGun85 posted:

whats next? Sheenra?

Your next party member, Kid

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HD DAD posted:

This blows my mind. I had no idea people said it as “mayko” or “yuh-fee”. Even before I knew how Japanese worked it was still “Mah-ko” and “yoo-fee” in my brain.

Its the nature of any text based game. I remember arguing with friends as a kid because we had like 4 different takes on how to pronounce "Kakariko Village" or "Kokiri Forest"

My favorite was in FFVIII my best friend kept arguing you pronounced SeeD as "CD" because why did they stylize the capital D that way?

Then a bit later the sorceress says "SeeDs from a garden!" and he's like "poo poo I guess you do just pronounce it as seed"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kheldarn posted:

A bad job for bad characters? Sounds right.

Blue Mage is good, actually. :colbert:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Its the nature of any text based game. I remember arguing with friends as a kid because we had like 4 different takes on how to pronounce "Kakariko Village" or "Kokiri Forest"

My favorite was in FFVIII my best friend kept arguing you pronounced SeeD as "CD" because why did they stylize the capital D that way?

Then a bit later the sorceress says "SeeDs from a garden!" and he's like "poo poo I guess you do just pronounce it as seed"

SeeDs nuts

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Ifrit or Ifreet?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They seem to have a good handle on the characters, so I'm sure they'll at least make Cait Sith fun, even if they brush aside the sheer insanity of him being there. It was one of the dumbest parts of the original.

"There must be a traitor among us."

"Ridiculous! I trust everyone, including the ninja who has tried to rob literally everyone she's come across including us, the wolf who said he's only here until he gets home and no further, and the fortune telling cat who forced himself on our party with no adequate explanation".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Ifrit or Ifreet?

I said Ifrit but I think Balthier says "Ifreet" in XII

voice acting settles all arguments lol

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They say Ifreet in FFXIV as well.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

HD DAD posted:

I split the difference with mah-ko and yuh-fee

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

'freeto from the poorly sampled Tales of Phantasia voice acting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Elentor posted:

I wonder how Supernova will be handled.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder how Supernova will be handled.
The penultimate act ends with Sephiroth casting it and the entire last game is navigating the solar system, doing a myriad of timed side-quests, all to try and mitigate the damage. If you do well enough you can continue the battle, otherwise you have to do New Game+ to try again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They seem to have a good handle on the characters, so I'm sure they'll at least make Cait Sith fun, even if they brush aside the sheer insanity of him being there. It was one of the dumbest parts of the original.

"There must be a traitor among us."

"Ridiculous! I trust everyone, including the ninja who has tried to rob literally everyone she's come across including us, the wolf who said he's only here until he gets home and no further, and the fortune telling cat who forced himself on our party with no adequate explanation".

They're probably at the very least gonna have to update how Cait Sith joins the team, because he really does just go "I'm comin with you guys!" and then noclips into Cloud.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Macaluso now I want to mod this game so Cait Sith joining the team is a super HQ animation of him entering Cloud's body, morphing into a Parasite Eveesque monstrosity for a few seconds, and everyone acts like it's completely normal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

They're probably at the very least gonna have to update how Cait Sith joins the team, because he really does just go "I'm comin with you guys!" and then noclips into Cloud.

smh if you don't think Cait Sith latched onto Cloud like the Symbiote in Spider-Man 3

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Haha one of my college buddies and I still pronounce Rydia differently and laugh about it. He says "rye dee uh" and I say "rid ee uh".

He also never played FF15 so he mispronounces Aranea when we talk about FFRK.

There are some others but whatever. As long as I know who he's taking about I don't care.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Aranea Grande

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Ragequit posted:

SeeDs nuts

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0N02xLWpw&t=2672s

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i'm pretty much gonna pre-order this but can't quite decide on the standard version or the deluxe.

The soundtrack could be cool and all but it'll probably show up on Spotify eventually (or, well it'll appear on youtube presumably). I kinda want the materia as part of a completionist kind of thing though, but is that likely to come out separately later on?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kin posted:

So i'm pretty much gonna pre-order this but can't quite decide on the standard version or the deluxe.

The soundtrack could be cool and all but it'll probably show up on Spotify eventually (or, well it'll appear on youtube presumably). I kinda want the materia as part of a completionist kind of thing though, but is that likely to come out separately later on?

The reason I preordered the deluxe was the art book and steel case.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They'll probably update Cait joining to being a side quest where you have to earn enough GP to pay off his gambling debt or something and then he'll insist on coming with you to repay the favor

Or like you'll stumble on some dudes attacking him and save him

I forgot how crazy OP you get in the original. I'm not grinding at all and everyone is level 40-ish at the Sleeping Forest, and none of the fights so far have been remotely hard. The only time I've summoned Bahamut was just to see what it looked like at 3x speed

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Aranea Grande

Nice

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Some of these are garbage ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Elentor posted:

Macaluso now I want to mod this game so Cait Sith joining the team is a super HQ animation of him entering Cloud's body, morphing into a Parasite Eveesque monstrosity for a few seconds, and everyone acts like it's completely normal.

Cloud Strifh