Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Do those panels get uploaded anywhere? Asking as a masochist.

I'm not sure but the highlight I was told was that he showed off a picture of MGS1 and asked the audience if people could tell him what game that is and "Not that many people would get this right these days"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure but the highlight I was told was that he showed off a picture of MGS1 and asked the audience if people could tell him what game that is and "Not that many people would get this right these days"

Oh no.... I found it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_V8nqGRsa4

Edit: I'm halfway through and holy poo poo this is absolutely worthless. They do first 20 minutes going all WHATS A FORTNITE? WHO REMEMBERS GAME GENIE? WHY ARE LOOT BOXES BAD CANT YOU JUST NOT BUY THEM??? before moving on to.. screenshots of games from 80's to now and being all WHO KNOWS WHAT THESE GAMES ARE???

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 3, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Panel title is on point though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jamie Faith posted:

Edit: also huge lol at Bob retweeting his sycophants kissing his rear end. How embarrassing. https://twitter.com/st_mulberry/status/1234747277744525313

Because he doesn't attack the unarmed?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

bessantj posted:

Because he doesn't attack the unarmed?

:five:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Baka-nin posted:

Hmm nearly 200 new posts in the internet personality and review thread, this seems ominous.

After scrolling through all of that, I've come to some conclusions. None of you are innocent,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIfDNHCEz0U

I didn't realize this was the creepypaste thread

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

can someone post the gif of doug walker in the sonic fan movie?

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

I can't believe Angry Joe controls the fate of the middle east

New thread title.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

YOU MIGHT KNOW EVERYTHING I’M GOING TO DO BUT THAT’S NOT GONNA HELP YOU SINCE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU’RE GOING TO DO! STRANGE, ISN’T IT?

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Late to this, but I wonder if that goon who kept insisting Angry Joe was Mexican (and therefore incapable of experiencing racism) knew that his family is actually Puerto Rican. I can only assume he doesn't know or care of any distinction :ironicat:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

stop trying to own the guy who nobody cares about or respects

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

watho posted:

stop trying to own the guy who nobody cares about or respects

You're right, we should stop talking about moviebob.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Flying Zamboni posted:

i don’t disagree but there are people in this thread who will vehemently defend him

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Asgerd posted:

Late to this, but I wonder if that goon who kept insisting Angry Joe was Mexican (and therefore incapable of experiencing racism) knew that his family is actually Puerto Rican. I can only assume he doesn't know or care of any distinction :ironicat:

:lol: I was going to bring this up but that clown already ate a probe so I thought I'd just be beating a dead horse at this point.

Flying Zamboni posted:

Aw but dunking on Bob is fun tho.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
There's too many new posts in this thread, can someone tell me if anyone said "Forget it Jake, it's cum town" yet?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Would have been a better post than any of the last 200 tbh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have some videos about FPS games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91tro2XwxM

Errant Signal starts off a new series looking at FPS titles following in DOOM and Wolfenstein's footsteps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDDa5YT2K4

Meanwhile GmanLives looks at the surprisingly good Xbox port of DOOM 3.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Have some videos about FPS games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91tro2XwxM

Errant Signal starts off a new series looking at FPS titles following in DOOM and Wolfenstein's footsteps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDDa5YT2K4

Meanwhile GmanLives looks at the surprisingly good Xbox port of DOOM 3.

Gman is a huge chud. gently caress that dipshit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Excellent contribution, thank you.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Excellent contribution, thank you.

Just letting people know he's an rear end in a top hat. No need to get pissy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'll need three pages worth of receipts and counter-arguments thanks.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jamie Faith posted:

Just letting people know he's an rear end in a top hat. No need to get pissy.

Yeah it sucks, he's one of those people who initially come off fine, then sooner or later he'll suddenly pull THE ESSJOOZ HATE THIS I BET HEH 4137 GENDERS AMIRITE type poo poo and it blindsides you, sure did me hard enough to drop his rear end. I always feel like in the reverse that's one thing I like a lot about Civvie as well, which also contributed to him becoming much more the defacto retro shoot man (To me and plenty of others it seems now thankfully) nowadays, he has 'problematic faves' or whatever and he knows that and owns it but obviously isn't in it for hateful yucks, loving stuff like Postal or OG Shadow Warrior you can't in good faith pretend it's not tasteless anyway but you can also defend enjoying them for their actually good gameplay or bits of actual effective humor, but he's also not hiding gross opinions waiting to jump out on you, over the course of his videos he's shown a pretty noticeable stance on things and he comes off as a good feeling dude. Even when it came to the awful deal with Ion Maiden's lead guy or whatever, he acknowledged the stuff, but pretty much said while that poo poo's gross and bad and bigots suck, he's also not gonna condemn the otherwise cool people on the team who did make a rad game.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 4, 2020

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah it sucks, he's one of those people who initially come off fine, then sooner or later he'll suddenly pull THE ESSJOOZ HATE THIS I BET HEH 4137 GENDERS AMIRITE type poo poo and it blindsides you, sure did me hard enough to drop his rear end.

Exactly. Tis why I wanted to warn folks in advance. Whether or not you watch him is up to you. But people should know beforehand I think.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly I put most of Gman's juvenile insults on the same level as OneyPlays where they revel in bad taste. I don't deny he's said some lovely things I disagree with but I've never found Gman to be outright hateful. An idiot with a poor love of yo mama jokes and poor reactions to criticisms sure, but not an out and out bigot.

It's kind of the same as Legend of Total War used to be where he was way more abrasive and rude, to the point where he got blacklisted from attending Creative Assembly press releases for his bad behaviour. He stepped it back and he's a lot more fun to watch now. I hope that Gman can step it back a bit because apart from a lame yo mama joke, the DOOM video I posted above is pretty much all him going into how the Xbox port holds up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Exactly. Tis why I wanted to warn folks in advance. Whether or not you watch him is up to you. But people should know beforehand I think.

You really should've added examples like that to your post as well.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arcsquad12 posted:

Honestly I put most of Gman's juvenile insults on the same level as OneyPlays where they revel in bad taste. I don't deny he's said some lovely things I disagree with but I've never found Gman to be outright hateful. An idiot with a poor love of yo mama jokes and poor reactions to criticisms sure, but not an out and out bigot.

It's kind of the same as Legend of Total War used to be where he was way more abrasive and rude, to the point where he got blacklisted from attending Creative Assembly press releases for his bad behaviour. He stepped it back and he's a lot more fun to watch now. I hope that Gman can step it back a bit because apart from a lame yo mama joke, the DOOM video I posted above is pretty much all him going into how the Xbox port holds up.

he used to be named "gggmanlives" and has since changed it to "gmanlives"

take a wild shot in the dark what that initial "gg" stood for

e: he is very much an outright hateful piece of poo poo and anyone who pays attention to him, knowing this, is just as bad

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't Legend of Total War one of the guys who outed himself as like a straight up Nazi when people got upset about Steel Faith being a straight up nazi?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Terrible Opinions posted:

Isn't Legend of Total War one of the guys who outed himself as like a straight up Nazi when people got upset about Steel Faith being a straight up nazi?

That's the first ive heard of it. There's enough awful total war lpers out there. I know that the grimhammer team kicked the nazi off the SFo project and renamed it to get away from him.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Besides his typical reactionary "back in my day we had women protagonists in manshooter games but the ~SJeWs ~ didn't draw attention to it so it never bothered me" ranting don't forget that ggman shilled for EA and continued to lie about it until he was exposed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Nuns with Guns posted:

There's too many new posts in this thread, can someone tell me if anyone said "Forget it Jake, it's cum town" yet?

What's "cum town," again? I'd google it, but I'm a bit scared.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is a pleasant surprise:

https://twitter.com/Carl_Sagan42/status/1235072681839439875

(CarlSagan42 is a Twitch streamer/Youtuber who does speedruns and Mario Maker levels usually made to troll him in particular)

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

What's "cum town," again? I'd google it, but I'm a bit scared.

lovely podcast. It gets conflated with Chapo Trap House a lot.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah it sucks, he's one of those people who initially come off fine, then sooner or later he'll suddenly pull THE ESSJOOZ HATE THIS I BET HEH 4137 GENDERS AMIRITE type poo poo and it blindsides you, sure did me hard enough to drop his rear end. I always feel like in the reverse that's one thing I like a lot about Civvie as well, which also contributed to him becoming much more the defacto retro shoot man (To me and plenty of others it seems now thankfully) nowadays, he has 'problematic faves' or whatever and he knows that and owns it but obviously isn't in it for hateful yucks, loving stuff like Postal or OG Shadow Warrior you can't in good faith pretend it's not tasteless anyway but you can also defend enjoying them for their actually good gameplay or bits of actual effective humor, but he's also not hiding gross opinions waiting to jump out on you, over the course of his videos he's shown a pretty noticeable stance on things and he comes off as a good feeling dude. Even when it came to the awful deal with Ion Maiden's lead guy or whatever, he acknowledged the stuff, but pretty much said while that poo poo's gross and bad and bigots suck, he's also not gonna condemn the otherwise cool people on the team who did make a rad game.

I had that happen to me when a Doctor Who review for series 10 came up. I watched the guy make a very interesting critique on the classic series and how it mirrors/contrasts with modern Who. I was hooked! So about 8 minutes into the video, he starts to talk about series 10. "So when we watch the series 10 premier, you can see the SJWs at the BBC immediately start pushing their woke agenda by introducing a lesbian companion." I was like WHOA! and had to move on. He kept it so well hidden throughout the first part of the video.

I've been trying to find critiques of series 11 and 12, but I keep running into "It sucks because of the female Doctor and the woke agenda" videos. I can't quite put my finger on why the last two series didn't work for me. The pacing? The lack of campy fun? The lack of Murray Gold soundtrack? It just feels boring. I'd like to see what others' have to say. The Council of Geeks is a good channel for Doctor Who reviews, but he mostly does individual episode reviews and doesn't seems as dissatisfied as I am. I don't hate it, it's just boring to watch. Except for the series 12 finale. That had me rolling my eyes, big time!

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

volts5000 posted:

I've been trying to find critiques of series 11 and 12, but I keep running into "It sucks because of the female Doctor and the woke agenda" videos. I can't quite put my finger on why the last two series didn't work for me. The pacing? The lack of campy fun? The lack of Murray Gold soundtrack? It just feels boring. I'd like to see what others' have to say. The Council of Geeks is a good channel for Doctor Who reviews, but he mostly does individual episode reviews and doesn't seems as dissatisfied as I am. I don't hate it, it's just boring to watch. Except for the series 12 finale. That had me rolling my eyes, big time!

Quinton Reviews did a video last year about season 11

Personally I’d say the show’s biggest flaws are with its characters. Having three companions at once leaves less time to develop any of them, and they tend to float around contributing very little to most episodes. Plus they’re all from contemporary Earth, as usual, so we don’t even get the interesting dynamic a past/future/alien character might bring. The Doctor herself is also kind of blandly written, more like a generic Doctor template without the personal touches the others have had.

That season also tended to have unmemorable boring villains, though at least the latest one brought back the Master with his manic energy.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Terrible Opinions posted:

I don't know all the details, but he used to have some very bad takes and got blacklisted by Creative Assembly. He has since apologized for his behavior and grown up, and isn't blacklisted any more. I think his videos are pretty alright.

FriedMyBrain
Dec 31, 2019

by Cyrano4747
No one has seem to post this yet so....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxvaIo-6bhk

Todd in the shadows takes a look at funkytown by lipps inc.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Bakeneko posted:

Quinton Reviews did a video last year about season 11

Personally I’d say the show’s biggest flaws are with its characters. Having three companions at once leaves less time to develop any of them, and they tend to float around contributing very little to most episodes. Plus they’re all from contemporary Earth, as usual, so we don’t even get the interesting dynamic a past/future/alien character might bring. The Doctor herself is also kind of blandly written, more like a generic Doctor template without the personal touches the others have had.

That season also tended to have unmemorable boring villains, though at least the latest one brought back the Master with his manic energy.

It does feel boring. And they don't do hardly anything with Yaz. I will say that the new Master is pretty good.

volts5000 fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 4, 2020

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

FriedMyBrain posted:

No one has seem to post this yet so....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxvaIo-6bhk

Todd in the shadows takes a look at funkytown by lipps inc.

The day I watched this review, I literally went to bed and realized that drat synth line was in my head.

Todd is my favorite YouTube person, but with most of his videos, especially the OHW/Trainwreckords stuff, I don't have much to say about them other than, "yeah, that was pretty good." I liked what he had to say about the fall of disco in 1980, he had some good insight there.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Todd has essentially become a music historian specializing in failure (sometimes talking history as it’s happening), which is awesome but also means his work has more impact in aggregate than each individual episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I think it is very good that Todd has long since moved beyond his Screaming Internet Reviewer phase, but I also kinda miss the Screaming Internet Reviewer Todd sometimes, if that makes sense.