Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

...! posted:

i understand them properly; i just wanted to call you a nerd

is that ok

oh sure go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I really miss the gold ingots/woolong device/dried strawberries days of Bitcoin. Way more fun when the grafts were more creative or even sincere.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Weatherman posted:

it was autocorrect`s fault but it looks funny so it stayed
Your auto correct is ice cold

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Lambert posted:

I really miss the gold ingots/woolong device/dried strawberries days of Bitcoin. Way more fun when the grafts were more creative or even sincere.

i really miss when you were not posting, worlds wrongest poster of 2019

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
And why would I care?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Lambert posted:

And why would I care?

:wrong:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lambert posted:

i miss dank and atlas

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
never rest in peace emanuel orteguax, you immortal superman

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

can we use the chairal network to recreate atlas' #include post? discuss

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

can we use the chairal network to recreate atlas' #include post? discuss

all the knowledge should be there if sam has come by to hook you up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

remember when atlas posted here and when asked if he's ever made anything that might be useful experience in creating the WULONG DEVICE, the best he could come up with was assembling an ikea desk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

he didn't post here it was a werid thing where one guy was posting stuff in the gbs thread and atlas was replying in a bitcointalk thread

:rip:gnarlyhotep

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

he didn't post here it was a werid thing where one guy was posting stuff in the gbs thread and atlas was replying in a bitcointalk thread

:rip:gnarlyhotep

One time gnarlyhotep tried to burn me by posting me registration date after I posted "dailyHaHa.com" but he eventually got permabanned so I won in the end also there is somebody else making a post about bitcoins in that thread at the top of the page

Only registered members can see post attachments!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

p. sure no one has ever said buttcoin in the history of the universe and no one ever will say it before the heat death of the universe

this thread is a lie

liars

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

p. sure no one has ever said buttcoin in the history of the universe and no one ever will say it before the heat death of the universe

this thread is a lie

liars

:right:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmbriaBella/status/1234900319332495360

i would

me me me

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
free ross
no incarceration

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a free... ross??

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Antlerhill posted:

free ross
no incarceration

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Antlerhill posted:

free ross
no incarceration

free? ross?
no, incarceration!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bitcoin gift idea for no coiners (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago * by usrname001redditor for 7 weeks

Just thought I’d share a neat concept I used to gift bitcoin to friends/family members on their birthday or Christmas which was received rather well and generated a lot of interest. Use a mockup certificate to create a “bitcoin gift card” which displays the amount you are gifting (in bitcoin, since the value fluctuates) to the name of the person. You can add other elements like the coin name (Bitcoin of course, but I’ve done it for Litecoin also since a family member already had BTC), add the coin symbol etc to make it look more quirky. Add a QR code that links to a reliable source that explains how the gift holder can create a wallet of their choice without being mislead. Once the gift holder acknowledges that they are ready to receive their token, you ask for their address and send over a test transaction to confirm that they’re doing it right. Then send over their gift funds. Interest sparked. Creative gift idea compete. If they don’t create a wallet you simply hold their funds on their behalf until they are ready to receive / might even want to cash out instead - of course you insist that they don’t cash out and explain the HODL wisdom.

Edit: Once you’ve mocked up the certificate I’d personally use a professional print company that offers documents to post. Printing the certificates yourself would just result in a unpro piece of paper which doesn’t look official or legit. Those certificate mockups I linked above look so sweet and the quality is amazing when printed on thick shiny paper.

I used this method two/three years ago for my mother and she literally framed the certificate and was so chuffed that she owned Bitcoin. To this day, she hasn’t cashed out and always checks the price, bless her.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

free? ross?
no, incarceration!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
code:
free             ross
no               incarceration

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Paladinus posted:

code:
free             ross
no               incarceration

put this on one of those paper fortune tellers but make sure that all of the inside folds have ross in jail forever

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
but what about the good that coronavirus does for the world? after all, it might kill crypto conferences and crypto "news" sites

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

divabot posted:

but what about the good that coronavirus does for the world? after all, it might kill crypto conferences and crypto "news" sites
i have always been baffled that those exist. i guess i shouldnt be so surprised about a tech circle jerk but to the extent that this

quote:

I’m talking about Coindesk in particular. The company pulls in 85% of its revenue from conferences, according to a May 2019 report in The Information. Coindesk doesn’t feature ads on its site anymore, so events are its bread and butter.
can happen is insane to me. who is paying for all this poo poo?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Weatherman posted:

it was autocorrect`s fault but it looks funny so it stayed

and this is an orange forum, what are you talking about

very misleading! it's an amber forum

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you're yos' is sick

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vortmax posted:

very misleading! it's an amber forum

imagine having greenpos yuck

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

amber juche posted:

imagine having greenpos yuck

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

nice use of the wrong smilie, bird

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

divabot posted:

i was literally thinking earlier on the drive to work "hm i wonder if anyone has figured out how coronavirus is good for bitcoin yet"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
as fiat currencies plummet in a terrorized global economy, butts retain their intrinsic value as a store of information and energy

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sham bam bamina! posted:

as fiat currencies plummet in a terrorized global economy, butts retain their intrinsic value as a store of information and energy

still $10,000 us, will never be lower

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1 USDT will always be worth 1 USDT, no more, no less

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

orange juche posted:

1 USDT will always be worth 1 USDT, no more, no less*

* terms and conditions apply

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011