Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im getting tattooed for six hours today it got me thinking why arent there more tattoo horror movies besides anarchy parlor like a haunted tat movie would be cool af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

im getting tattooed for six hours today it got me thinking why arent there more tattoo horror movies besides anarchy parlor like a haunted tat movie would be cool af

There's that one episode of X-Files.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

what are you getting

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Rob Zombie face full back

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

what are you getting

a portrait of Nikki Sixx

Hollismason posted:

Rob Zombie face full back

go back a bunch of pages my Rob Zombie tat is somewhere itt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hollismason posted:

I remember seeing a making of for Arachnaphobia and it seemed pretty neat.

:same:

It's the only reason I know the big spider was a bird eating tarantula named Big Bob.

STAC Goat posted:

Us city kids have different instilled stuff.

I lived in a suburb from the 60's, so most of the residents were either retired or close to retired. I didn't always get along with the whopping 2 kids in my neighborhood that were my age, and there were more that were my brother's age.

There was an old elementary school which was owned by the YMCA across the street, that I used to play at and occasionally we'd run into rude teens that would mess with us. Rude teens were scary to a 9 year old.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

a portrait of Nikki Sixx

hell yeah

Kvlt! posted:

go back a bunch of pages my Rob Zombie tat is somewhere itt

hel lyeah

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The dude's behind The Void have a new movie coming out this year called Psycho Goreman, and the screenshots look fun.

quote:

Mimi and Luke, a perpetually bickering sister/brother duo, unwittingly resurrect an ancient alien overlord who’s been entombed in their backyard. They nickname the malevolent creature Psycho Goreman (or PG for short) who thanks to their possession of a magical amulet is forced to obey their childish whims.

“The core concept of ‘PG’ is something I’ve carried with me for as long as I can remember,” explains Kostanski. “What would it be like to have your own monster? As a kid, I was mesmerized by the relationship between John Connor and the T-800 in Terminator 2 and the way this relatable kid could suddenly have a badass villain as his pal. I would fantasize about hanging out with the likes of Skeletor, Megatron, Cobra Commander, and every other Saturday morning cartoon villain. These characters always interested me more than the traditional heroes.”

And though these creatures find themselves face to face with child protagonists, Kostanski assures horror fans that PG is definitely an R-Rated experience. “I enjoy subverting the safe space of the ‘kids movie’ genre with shocking violence and real world consequences. This is a theme I applied in my ABC’s of Death 2 segment W is for Wish. With PG, I’ve pushed this idea to more imaginative and brutal heights, recreating the deranged scenarios I used to make up while playing in the backyard as a kid.”

YouTube Trailer

Sounds fun! I liked The Void despite it's flaws, and I'm interested in this follow-up. Sounds playful and gross.

Premiers at SXSW this month.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 4, 2020

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

COOL CORN posted:

what are you getting

Life-size Evil Bong tramp stamp

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

god that looks like such a fun movie i cant wait. i really liked the void it was flawed sure but those fx were stellar and overall it was a fun 80s throwback and the hospital setting was p cool

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

god that looks like such a fun movie i cant wait. i really liked the void it was flawed sure but those fx were stellar and overall it was a fun 80s throwback and the hospital setting was p cool

Reading about it, I thought, "Oh, this is like a kids movie for Kvlt!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It looks like a good horror comedy would probably make a great combo with turbo kid or whatever that was called.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Dang I wish I could watch that movie right now.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

It's the only reason I know the big spider was a bird eating tarantula named Big Bob.

Any idea if the making of documentary his online anywhere?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Iron Crowned posted:

I lived in a suburb from the 60's, so most of the residents were either retired or close to retired. I didn't always get along with the whopping 2 kids in my neighborhood that were my age, and there were more that were my brother's age.

There was an old elementary school which was owned by the YMCA across the street, that I used to play at and occasionally we'd run into rude teens that would mess with us. Rude teens were scary to a 9 year old.

Rude kids are super scary because like adults are like "they're just bullies, if you stand up to them they'll back down" or "avoid them and they'll go away" but sometimes they're psycopaths and the bullies from It or like won't murder you but will still make every moment of your life terrible or scary so like when you're a little kid they're all existential threats.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ravenfood posted:

Nice. LTROI is great and I've watched it a few times now so a different acting take on a similar story might be up my alley. A more sinister Eli might also be interesting since LTROI ends up as slightly off, sad, lonely romance.

Thanks!

That's why Let the Right One In is scarier than Let Me In. Eli is sad and lonely, but she is not a child - or even female. Everything about her is a predator's lie, and she takes advantage of Oskar's loneliness knowing that all she can offer him is the life of slavish devotion that Hakan had, or at best - or worst - the chance to share her nightmare. And Oskar, knowing this, succumbs willingly. That's the true horror and tragedy of the story, and I don't think Let Me In conveyed it the same way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jedit posted:

That's why Let the Right One In is scarier than Let Me In. Eli is sad and lonely, but she is not a child - or even female. Everything about her is a predator's lie, and she takes advantage of Oskar's loneliness knowing that all she can offer him is the life of slavish devotion that Hakan had, or at best - or worst - the chance to share her nightmare. And Oskar, knowing this, succumbs willingly. That's the true horror and tragedy of the story, and I don't think Let Me In conveyed it the same way.

Aren't all these things intact in Let Me In?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

STAC Goat posted:

Rude kids are super scary because like adults are like "they're just bullies, if you stand up to them they'll back down" or "avoid them and they'll go away" but sometimes they're psycopaths and the bullies from It or like won't murder you but will still make every moment of your life terrible or scary so like when you're a little kid they're all existential threats.

Now that I'm an old man, they were probably just chasing us off so they could get high in peace.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Aren't all these things intact in Let Me In?

They ditched the transgender subplot in Let Me In, but otherwise I think you're right. Those qualities are all present in Eli's character in the remake.

Honestly I feel like Let Me In is stronger for dropping it because the way it's presented in Let the Right One In didn't click with me at all. As in, I had no idea what piece of information I had just been presented. After the credits rolled I had to Google why vampires don't have vaginas because I still hadn't figured it out and it never factored into the plot in any salient way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ravenfood posted:

If I really liked Let the Right One In, how would I feel about the english remake? Worth seeing?

It's boooooring.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

The dude's behind The Void have a new movie coming out this year called Psycho Goreman, and the screenshots look fun.

YouTube Trailer

Sounds fun! I liked The Void despite it's flaws, and I'm interested in this follow-up. Sounds playful and gross.

is SXSW still going on?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

It's boooooring.

But they time-skipped to Hakkan's death in the very beginning for no reason other to make it less boring!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

haha the trailer for Psycho Goreman looks so good and fun. honestly more movies should let the monster play drums in a band

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxKQS5fYqI0

YES

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Iron Crowned posted:

Rude teens were scary to a 9 year old.

I can remember one time when I was like 8 or 9, this older teen held a knife up to the throat of a friend of my dad's, right in front of me. Then they both laughed it off like a big joke, and later the kid offered me a cigarette outside while his friend laughed. It was pretty intimidating, like I felt like these teenagers were the Lost Boys or something.

I guess the fact that it was at a late-night Halloween party sort of added to it. I thought those kids were going to drag me off into the woods and sacrifice me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if I've ever said it, but I went to a college that was like 50% suburban white kids and 50% city kids and one night I was sitting in a room and all the suburban kids were talking about their "lady in white" and "midget town" and "haunted asylum" ghost stories from their own hometown. And then I turned to one of the city kids and was like "did you have ghost stories?" and they said no. And someone asked what we were scared of and I was like "one time we got let out of school early because a gang was coming to kick our asses and I got mugged because I went too slow down the bad street and then I had to sneak past the drug dealers on the stair way because the elevator was busted and try not to get bit by their big rear end dog."

Also water bugs.

And that's why I should really rewatch Candyman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish more black directors got to make horror movies in the 90s and 80s.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

well since nobody else will do it looks like its up to me to watch necrophile passion i will report back later

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

well since nobody else will do it looks like its up to me to watch necrophile passion i will report back later

Yeah lmk

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

Will that be before or after the Evil Bong and Sonic write ups

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

since the 3 films are a trilogy i shall do one write up of all 3

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
What's the proper order for these three movies? I'm thinking Sonic then evil bong then the necrophile one

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
When you smoke enough weed, goddamn anything can become a sequel.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

What's the proper order for these three movies? I'm thinking Sonic then evil bong then the necrophile one

evil bong > necrophile passion > sonic

sonic is a direct sequel to necrophile passion

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

When you smoke enough weed, goddamn anything can become a sequel.

Horror Thread : Smoke Enough Weed Everything is Sequel

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Franchescanado posted:

YouTube Trailer

quote:

Siblings Mimi and Luke unwittingly resurrect an ancient alien overlord. Using a magical amulet, they force the monster to obey their childish whims, and accidentally attract a rogues' gallery of intergalactic assassins to small-town suburbia.

This looks awesome

:allears:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
There's a werewolf movie on Prime called PROJECT: METALBEAST I can't believe I haven't seen until now. Maybe not an amazing movie overall, the pacing really hurts it. It was made and released in 1995 but everything about the pacing makes it feel like Prophecy or something. But definitely a must-watch for this thread. The outfits/makeups are decent enough and fun, some good surgical gore (and some very very very good of both towards the end), the cast is pretty good, the score is bombastic, and to top it all off......

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Guys I just bought BUG for a dollar from the thrift store. I know nothing about it except someone in this thread mentioned it at some point. Am I in for a treat?

Also serious q: are there roaches? I can do creepy-crawlies of other types, but I cannot do movies with roaches.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

Guys I just bought BUG for a dollar from the thrift store. I know nothing about it except someone in this thread mentioned it at some point. Am I in for a treat?

Man are you in for a tr...

quote:

Also serious q: are there roaches? I can do creepy-crawlies of other types, but I cannot do movies with roaches.

Oh MAN do not watch this movie. It’s the last segment of Creepshow but amped up to like 90.

E: wait, which Bug did you buy? The one with Michael Shannon or the one from the 70s with the fire roaches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Horror Thread: 669 very nice pages