Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Shoren posted:

None of the gear set chest and backpack talents are working right now. I think Thylander has confirmed this. Hold onto the gear and they should fix it soon. Especially if this affects the new gear sets.

Roger that, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I was able to talk to the dude in the safehouse and continue my game, and in the very first mission in a prison, some stupid NPC was stuck somewhere on the other side of a wall and I had to log out and start over after flailing around, wasting all my grenades and just trying everything I could think of to get him to get unstuck... that made me sad.

Came back, finished that mission and moved on, and I found an IWI Negev LMG... I'm in love. I tossed my old friend the Stoner in the gutter to curse me as a cheating ex. It has a 100 round magazine, a rate of fire like an SMG, and just eats the bad guys alive. Best thing though is the sound... it is just wonderful to shoot just to hear the noise.

Now have 4/5 SHD from that first zone with the prison, but the 5th one isn't showing up on my map. I guess I'll just continue running the story missions and hope it shows up, as I've got the fog of war about 90% cleared now without it appearing. Also cleared my first CP and one of those conflict areas. I am squishy as hell though, starting to dump my old gear just to get my armor up even when it means sacrificing a bit of offence. Also going to try the healing drone as the chem-launcher is just loving pathetic now with my current gear.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I just logged in for the first time since the update and as a newer player I can safely say I have no loving idea what equipment I should be keeping now.

Before it was easy to tell what all the armor was because it had one stat number. Was it higher than what I had before? Good, keep it. Now it’s Critical Hit Chance vs. Weapon Damage vs. nothing listed at all vs. Skill Tier +1 and I have no loving clue what I should be using or keeping or working towards. Cool.

Edit: Oh, and I get two less armor packs now? FANTASTIC

Edit 2: I guess I’m just gonna go to bed, I’m not in the mood to relearn everything I thought I knew about this game tonight.

Referee fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 4, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I just logged in for the first time since the update and as a newer player I can safely say I have no loving idea what equipment I should be keeping now.

Before it was easy to tell what all the armor was because it had one stat number. Was it higher than what I had before? Good, keep it. Now it’s Critical Hit Chance vs. Weapon Damage vs. nothing listed at all vs. Skill Tier +1 and I have no loving clue what I should be using or keeping or working towards. Cool.

Edit: Oh, and I get two less armor packs now? FANTASTIC

Edit 2: I guess I’m just gonna go to bed, I’m not in the mood to relearn everything I thought I knew about this game tonight.

I’m not sure what armor you were looking at because they certainly did not have 1 stat number before this patch. In any case here are some semi-random tips.

Weapon Damage, Armor, and Skill Tier are “core attributes.” You will find one of these on each piece of armor regardless of other stats. While certain brands will always come naturally with a certain core attribute you can overwrite one core with another core.

Weapon damage is weapon damage. Armor is armor. Each piece of armor you have on with a skill tier level increases the stats on all skills.

The other two attributes on a piece of armor can be (a non-exhaustive list) things like: Critical chance, critical damage, headshot damage, skill haste, health, explosive resistance, armor regeneration, improved skill repair, and so on. You can overwrite these attributes with each other.

Like before you can only recalibrate one thing on a piece of armor.

Attributes no longer are governed by a budget based on how high other attributes rolled. Every attribute on a piece of armor can now be its maximum value regardless of how high other attributes.

Only masks, chests, and backpacks have mod slots (and only high end ones at that). I believe certain brands will always have a specific kind of mod slot but you can now recalibrate the mod slot. So if a mask came with a utility slot but is otherwise perfect you can change that utility slot into an offensive or defensive slot.

Passive talents are dead. Backpacks and chests are the only places you’ll find active talents. They have no attribute requirements any more.

Weapons still have active talents and they also do not have attribute requirements. Holstered talents don’t exist any more. Passive talents such as stability, rate of fire, and optimal range have been added as an additional attribute on weapons. You will be able to find the formerly weapon specific attributes (health damage, armor damage, crit chance, etc) on all weapons in another attribute slot but they will have a higher max value on the weapon types they originally were on. For example an SMG will always have a higher max crit chance than an AR.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Whoever is responsible for some of the texture assets just signed off early on these ones lol

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Up to what I assume is the final boss of the expac and wow this fight is loving rough.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

Whoever is responsible for some of the texture assets just signed off early on these ones lol

Its a ghost op :ghost:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

What's wrong with some light reading?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This game is loving stupid pretty

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The second pic is The Continental from John Wick, right?

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
What should i do to get into COINCELPRO, again. Second time I've been removed, understandably as I've been inactive for a long time, but been waiting for the expansion to fix all the stuff that annoyed me with gearing. Loving New York so far.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I changed my global difficulty to hard, did a hostage event and took the bounty reward. The bounty was Black Tusk/challenging difficulty. It was kind of a slog as the dogs are awful. Then I got to the bounty npcs and...

I get it, half of Black Tusk are rogue agents now, but why can a medic one hit me with a Firefly? It seems like you need some def stat on every piece of gear to survive in the endgame. My 660k armor and 270k health clearly aren't enough.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

docLeder posted:

What should i do to get into COINCELPRO, again. Second time I've been removed, understandably as I've been inactive for a long time, but been waiting for the expansion to fix all the stuff that annoyed me with gearing. Loving New York so far.

Request an invite. I booted everyone active more than 90 days.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I know I'm not running a fully optimised set but man the scaling and difficulty curve seems quite punishing. I've been doing a few challenging Lincoln monument runs and it's been particularly brutal, moreso when you're running in a 4 man group. I mean I think I have a full striker set now, so mission accomplished but drat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lagidnam posted:

I get it, half of Black Tusk are rogue agents now, but why can a medic one hit me with a Firefly? It seems like you need some def stat on every piece of gear to survive in the endgame. My 660k armor and 270k health clearly aren't enough.

This is somewhat correct. They fixed challenging/heroic to actually be challenging and heroic. They're tuned to be taken on when your character has a considerable amount of perfect rolls on its gear and with a proper build in place.

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1234879646287704064?s=20

Trying to tackle challenging content with whatever you scrounged up in a day and a half is NOT the way to go.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is somewhat correct. They fixed challenging/heroic to actually be challenging and heroic. They're tuned to be taken on when your character has a considerable amount of perfect rolls on its gear and with a proper build in place.

Ok that explains it, these missing few percent on every stat probably make the difference in the end.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trying to tackle challenging content with whatever you scrounged up in a day and a half is NOT the way to go.

So I guess the idea is to do hard missions to get better rolls for your poo poo, and then go up to challenging, etc.

Makes sense. I did a challenging bounty last night and it felt like I was shooting spitballs.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

https://twitter.com/CJSeedge/status/1235174058741968896?s=19

Looks like Seasons start Tuesday.

Also, that last boss fight was a bug ol' pile of bullshit.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The thing about challenging is that the factions matter more than the difficulty itself. When you bump up your difficulty, go back to the early DC missions with hyenas and you'll be mostly fine. They have less tricks up their sleeves than cleaners, rikers or black tusk.

We're already clearing hyena CP4s and I managed to solo GWH on challenging without too many issues.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Request an invite. I booted everyone active more than 90 days.

Cool cool, I'll get to it when I get home from work. Will be applying as Nroof.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
😬

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Seedge posted:

that last boss fight was a bug ol' pile of bullshit.

Please spoil it for me, I'm gonna do it tonight after work and I don't give a poo poo about spoilers, I just want to get through it ASAP.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Diephoon posted:

Please spoil it for me, I'm gonna do it tonight after work and I don't give a poo poo about spoilers, I just want to get through it ASAP.

I won't spoil it, but go with skill tier 6, crusader shield and oxidizer chem launcher. Crusader shield will protect you from most of the bullshit. Once you hit the final checkpoint, stack all chem launchers on the spawn point for an instant kill, or pretty close to it

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Neat, I was running full skill tier Oxidizer anyway :)

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Is there an order I should do the New York bossess in? I only started playing this a week ago and I boosted my char to 30, I just did the New York intro yesterday. Also, is there something I should do / know the moment I hit 40? It seems the game gave me the grenade launcher as a signature weapon, should I try to research something else once I am done with the NY main plot?

Also, does an exotic rifle that looks like M14 exist?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ataxerxes posted:

Also, does an exotic rifle that looks like M14 exist?

I don’t think there’s any exotic M1A type guns, but I’m not sure what got added in the expansion as far as uniques go.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Do the bosses any way you want. It doesn’t matter

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I'm a new player, currently on world tier 2. Should I finish up to world tier 5 and/or the expeditions before heading to New York? I mean, the story is pretty sparse but I'd like to see it if there's anything that matters.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah absolutely finish up to WT5 and do Tidal Basin before going to NYC.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Alright. Thanks!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

HatJudge posted:

I'm a new player, currently on world tier 2. Should I finish up to world tier 5 and/or the expeditions before heading to New York? I mean, the story is pretty sparse but I'd like to see it if there's anything that matters.

You should if only so you can level up at least 1 specialization before New York. You won’t gain any spec points while you’re there and a filled out upgrade tree will help.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ataxerxes posted:

Is there an order I should do the New York bossess in?

The bosses unlock different powers. If you're interested in any of them, start with those first!

On that note, anyone care to give opinions on the "new" skills or skills post re-work in general? I was really disappointed that the holo-decoy doesn't use your actual appearance. Surely a lot of work but it would be really cool. (maybe they're saving it for the cash shop?). I'm having a good time with tier'd up Stinger Hive and Oxidizer, but running without any heals seems like it'll be way too risky for post-story content.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I had concerns about gear 2.0 being too simplified but it's winning me over. It lets the talents have potential to be much better. Stuff like the talent which blinds on headshot and bleeds on body shot is really good and I'm not even using eyeless or sadist guns with it yet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

I had concerns about gear 2.0 being too simplified but it's winning me over. It lets the talents have potential to be much better. Stuff like the talent which blinds on headshot and bleeds on body shot is really good and I'm not even using eyeless or sadist guns with it yet.

Which talent is that? I just finished the NYC story last night but I'm already feeling frustrated that I can't make my numbers go up as fast as I'd like.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Finished base campaign. The story seemed okay to me, enjoyed it more than the base D2 experience. Thankfully the writers stopped overusing "gently caress" so much and the voice actors generally emphasize the correct syllables/words this time. Keener's VA especially did a good job. I could listen to that dude read nutritional facts.

Very much enjoying the gear and systems overhauls. Didn't take long to tool back up in a 4p Hard Wired, now that Black Tusk patrols can drop several HW components at once and mission bosses seem to drop specific item components more frequently (maybe always?). Managed to solo a 4* CP - agreed with earlier comments that the gang matters a lot. True Sons weren't easy and I figure Black Tusk would be even more difficult. I also like that 3* CPs now drop crafting blueprints and that 4* are for the extra challenge/bit more loot.

NYC's a fun map, enjoying it more than DC. The map density and verticality with the increased gang conflicts = it's faster to get to activities and get loot. Also liking the reduced drops for the most part. Will love it when I figure out how to restock my Ceramics pile.

They really had fun with the named mobs. Ran into the appropriately named (NYC side mission) Bullet Queen.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Which talent is that? I just finished the NYC story last night but I'm already feeling frustrated that I can't make my numbers go up as fast as I'd like.

It's the reworked Trauma

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

I guess the new system is an improvement but RIP my juggernaut HW build.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I haven’t dug too deep into armor and weapon talents just yet to see how well what meshes with what but I’m starting to feel like the more active of active weapon damage oriented talents don’t have quite enough advantage over the more “passive” talents like Concussion or Composure. I’m still only level 38 though and constantly swapping things around so I can see that changing.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So just so I have some idea of how this will work, buying WoNY will give me the expansion and the first season pass, and after the first season ends in roughly 3 months, every new 3-month season will cost $10?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So just so I have some idea of how this will work, buying WoNY will give me the expansion and the first season pass, and after the first season ends in roughly 3 months, every new 3-month season will cost $10?

Looking at the store I don’t think you get a pass for the first of the new season stuff from any edition. You get the year 1 pass for buying the “ultimate” edition which is/was immediate unlocks on the 3 specializations and the 8 classified missions. Unless there’s something besides the Ubisoft store page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes, if you're in this game to get punched in the groin repeatedly and have slow slogs through sponges, they've fixed it. They previously fixed it in the other direction, which made it fun.