Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Everytime I see American dates for game releases I get a mini heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Capitalism was a mistake

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They were advertising this all around their booth at PAX.

It had a bigger presence than the TCG.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Two things I didn't know:

Comes on two Blu rays, devs say 60 hours

Director of the original game said the biggest influence on the remake was God of War

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh and a trailer I hadn't seen has an unidentified female voice at the end that says "Shinra isn't the real enemy, I promise you. I just want to do what I can to help you guys and the planet". Surprise new party member that's a Shinra employee???

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

that's aeris' voice my dude

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh lol

Watching clips of Tifa fighting, looks like she'll be the most fun character to directly control in this part

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm a little bummed that it snaps back to cloud after combat.

Was hoping I could run around the overworld as Tifa

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm a little bummed that it snaps back to cloud after combat.

Was hoping I could run around the overworld as Tifa

Just wait til after the Weapons get released on disc 2 part 2 part 3(?)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Watching clips of Tifa fighting, looks like she'll be the most fun character to directly control in this part

I saw in an interview that her combat controls similar to a fighting game.

I'm so in.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

DO IT TO IT posted:

that's aeris' voice my dude

I wasn't sure if it actually was, but either way that voice is talking about the ghost dudes. So they are definitely changing and adding new things.

When you first meet Aerith in Chapter 2 she is freaking out and swatting at the air, presumably connected to the ghost dudes, who then appear behind the Shinra soldiers that find you.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

GoGoGadget posted:

I wasn't sure if it actually was, but either way that voice is talking about the ghost dudes. So they are definitely changing and adding new things.

When you first meet Aerith in Chapter 2 she is freaking out and swatting at the air, presumably connected to the ghost dudes, who then appear behind the Shinra soldiers that find you.

Yeah, last night I watched the stream where Max Dood talks about all the poo poo that happens in Chapter 2 and it sounds really crazy. Some of the Sephiroth stuff almost sounds like a horror game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
How are the weapon fights even going to work in this engine? Shadow of the Colossus type gameplay?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Elephant Ambush posted:

How are the weapon fights even going to work in this engine? Shadow of the Colossus type gameplay?

Replaced with bishonen anime boys.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Kaiju fight with summons.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

You have to hold off the Weapons with ballistae and cannon until the Dragonator is ready.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I haven't gotten that far in XV, but how did the Adamantoise fight work? That thing was easily as big as a building.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Schwartzcough posted:

I haven't gotten that far in XV, but how did the Adamantoise fight work? That thing was easily as big as a building.

You point the ring at it and insta kill it

LOL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Schwartzcough posted:

You attack feet for 45 minutes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

very poorly. if you don't use Death on it as mentioned above, you're left very, very slowly whittling at its feet and eyes while it attacks approximately once every calendar year, and its only moves were a slow foot stomp and an even slower head smash

it was more of an endurance trial than a proper fight, since you needed to kill it within a (very generous) time limit or it'd recede back into its shell

i'm not sure what's going to be done with WEAPON. last month i'd have argued you didn't need emerald and ruby at all, but then FFXIV used the latter as a raid boss and i doubt SE would just omit him from his original game after that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Onmi posted:

I sure hope it does, because... without like Save carry through, I'm entirely uninterested in an episodic RPG concept.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I’d be shocked if anything carried over, but hope springs eternal.

Why are people assuming there won't be a way to carry over your save?

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I'm guessing you'll be able to choose to start future parts with either imported save data or a generic pre-leveled party. The difficulty descriptions will also reflect this: easy will be balanced for generic parties and act like the player is new, normal will be balanced for preexisting ones and assume you know what you're doing.

Yea this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I honestly can't imagine Square keeping the combat, levelling systems or anything else consistent between the parts - so keeping your save would be pointless.

They can't help themselves to tinker and reinvent. Part 2 will probably be an RTS or something.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Part 2: Chocobo Farmville

Part 3: Mythril Mine roguelike

Part 4: Fort Condor RTS

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bregor posted:

Part 2: Chocobo Farmville

Part 3: Mythril Mine roguelike

Part 4: Fort Condor RTS

Part 5: Tokyo Jungle game set in Midgar where you play Red XIII’s descendants.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
RTS is dead. It'll be a MOBA. OR. It'll be... a MOBA MMO.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I want a moba of just square enix franchise characters.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why are people assuming there won't be a way to carry over your save?

Well, considering most people were around level 9 or 10 in reactor 5 in the old game, but they have the characters at level 20 or higher in the media demo at the beginning of reactor 5, I'd say levels will not be carrying over.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Has any game successfully done a 'transer save between games' excepting like the old, old RPGs that were designed around the idea?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

Has any game successfully done a 'transer save between games' excepting like the old, old RPGs that were designed around the idea?

.//Hack series did it pretty ok. Though one could easily say that it was 1 game simply split into 4.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Moogle medals will carry over. Collecting all 500 across all parts of the remake will net you a code you can redeem on the official website for exclusive Cait Sith wallpapers.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

What, no cup noodle and American Express?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GoGoGadget posted:

Well, considering most people were around level 9 or 10 in reactor 5 in the old game, but they have the characters at level 20 or higher in the media demo at the beginning of reactor 5, I'd say levels will not be carrying over.

As was posted, they could let you start part 2 on hard difficulty to compensate. Also cap your levels to whatever the premade party would have while letting you carry over your items. :shrug:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mass effect 2 handled save portability well. shame about 3

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

As was posted, they could let you start part 2 on hard difficulty to compensate. Also cap your levels to whatever the premade party would have while letting you carry over your items. :shrug:

It’s not impossible and its something they could and should do - I just don’t see them actually doing it is all - much more likely you’ll get some bonus items or something for having a complete save file than them wrestling with the nightmare that is balancing for a huge potential range of player levels.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
or the episodes after ep1 will be DLC. who knows.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

or the episodes after ep1 will be DLC. who knows.

with there being no branding or marketing of this as being 'Part 1', I think it will all be DLC also and will be released sooner rather than later.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

mass effect 2 handled save portability well. shame about 3

Yes, but even that didn't carry over your levels, items or skills. Not sure why anyone thinks this game will.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GoGoGadget posted:

Yes, but even that didn't carry over your levels, items or skills. Not sure why anyone thinks this game will.

Your skills actually did carry directly into ME3, they opened up new evolutions for all the trees that extended past ME2.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

ItBreathes posted:

Mass Effect did a pretty good job of it, I thought.

Edit: too slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TommyGun85 posted:

with there being no branding or marketing of this as being 'Part 1', I think it will all be DLC also and will be released sooner rather than later.

I can't see them releasing three quarters of the game - presumably including an open world - as DLC. If that was the plan they'd have announced it by now.

I think the best we can hope for is that it integrates seamlessly with the first part and can be purchased/played either separately or as one big game.

It'll be years though.