Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s a lot easier to explain with images, folks

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TheTrend posted:

Yeah, i'd probably just stop playing right now. This is all so concerning

Not sure if this is you being a sarcastic dickhead but I genuinely wanted to know if something like this VV

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

existed. Thank you this is extremely helpful :D

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Are the flashlight attachments for pistols new? One of my biggest beefs with this game is these special division agents would be going out in this post pandemic world without a goddamn Maglite.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

jabro posted:

Are the flashlight attachments for pistols new? One of my biggest beefs with this game is these special division agents would be going out in this post pandemic world without a goddamn Maglite.

They got added a few patches ago because everyone thought the same thing.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't gotten the stage where I cared yet, but this is really cool. I love little UI bits like this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh wow I didn't notice that at all. Thank you goon.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Same as it was before, so invaded stuff in dc

Ah, good. Thanks!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

The Locator posted:

Is Discord down, or do I have an issue locally?

When I launch I get the normal loading thing, and then when the Discord window opens I get:
code:
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to discord/app.
</Details>
</Error>
I get the same XML in a browser window if I try to launch it from the link in the OP.

Discord site/desktop app was down for everyone.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Regarding the rebalanced difficulty levels, I'm not sure I'll publicly matchmake into anything higher than Hard if things stand as they are. Prior to WONY, you could carry your squad if your build was good enough, even up to Heroic missions (barely). I'm not really sure if one or two near-perfect builds can overcome two players who aren't pulling their weight in the new Challenging difficulty and above. I know the brutal difficulty won't stop clueless players from matchmaking in so it's either going to drive gear elitism or competent players will avoid matchmaking entirely. While I hope the difficulty doesn't get nerfed if a squad of coordinated builds can effectively tackle it, I'm also wary of how Reddit is going to moan about the consequences in matchmaking because of the increase. I'm pretty sure they're still complaining that the raid doesn't have proper matchmaking and they won't see the irony.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I've only been able to play the new expansion for a bit, but so far I've noticed they seem to have improved the visuals - everything isn't as muddy and it's easier to parse what's going on. Is that just my imagination or are other people experiencing the same thing? I don't know if it's just the more dense map design blocking out the sun, or if they toned down the weather and light effects or what.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Shoren posted:

Regarding the rebalanced difficulty levels, I'm not sure I'll publicly matchmake into anything higher than Hard if things stand as they are. Prior to WONY, you could carry your squad if your build was good enough, even up to Heroic missions (barely). I'm not really sure if one or two near-perfect builds can overcome two players who aren't pulling their weight in the new Challenging difficulty and above. I know the brutal difficulty won't stop clueless players from matchmaking in so it's either going to drive gear elitism or competent players will avoid matchmaking entirely. While I hope the difficulty doesn't get nerfed if a squad of coordinated builds can effectively tackle it, I'm also wary of how Reddit is going to moan about the consequences in matchmaking because of the increase. I'm pretty sure they're still complaining that the raid doesn't have proper matchmaking and they won't see the irony.

I'm trying to get a feel for what's good enough for challenging. You said you're clearing level 3 CPs. What's your weapon damage number, armor, and health? What's your primary gun? What talents on your chest and backpack?

You and I need to go DZ farming at some point before the season starts too.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 4, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Looks like Extra Judicial is now full. Any plans to add another PC clan for casuals to chat-room it up in and get access to clan vendor?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kind of a bummer that they withheld any new cosmetics for the Season Pass.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
That may be where more are, but they did add some with WONY outside the SP track? My apparel caches have new items in the list.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So, ahh, apparently everyone was supposed to be getting specialization points while leveling 30-40? https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fdfjbw/massive_just_confirmed_that_specialization_points/

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

^burtle posted:

Kind of a bummer that they withheld any new cosmetics for the Season Pass.
there's a black hunter outfit and a BTSU outfit ("Legacy" collection in the apparel store)

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm trying to get a feel for what's good enough for challenging. You said you're clearing level 3 CPs. What's your weapon damage number, armor, and health? What's your primary gun? What talents on your chest and backpack?

You and I need to go DZ farming at some point before the season starts too.

I grouped up with a couple friends last night and did a CP4 for the hell of it and it took us around 45-50 minutes (we also triggered an elite supply convoy because the CP was their end destination). I don't have the exact numbers on hand right now, but I was running a FAMAS and my paper damage value was around 73k, I think. I had Perfectly Unbreakable on my chest (which saved me numerous times) and Vigilance on my backpack. The FAMAS had On Empty which isn't great, but I wanted to roll an attribute instead. I know I was hitting around 200k per crit headshot and had around 830k armor (only my chest had a core armor roll and everything else was +weapon damage).

The loot I got was terrible and I didn't keep anything. Didn't even get a max attribute roll. I'm not sure if there's a difference between setting the global difficulty to Heroic and doing the CP (which shows as CP4) or leaving the global difficulty on Normal and leveling up the CP as before. There was a Reddit post extolling the wonders of CP4 farming and showed off a bunch of loot with max rolls and I think he leveled his up the old way.

I'm game to try jumping in the DZ soon. The friends I grouped with said they were in there and had a lot of success. Seems the loot is good and not many Rogues right now. I could try to get the four of us going if no other goons want in first.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Roman posted:

there's a black hunter outfit and a BTSU outfit ("Legacy" collection in the apparel store)

Those are cash only though I think?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

Those are cash only though I think?

They’re also in the loot pool but yes, can’t use textiles for it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Shoren posted:

I grouped up with a couple friends last night and did a CP4 for the hell of it and it took us around 45-50 minutes (we also triggered an elite supply convoy because the CP was their end destination). I don't have the exact numbers on hand right now, but I was running a FAMAS and my paper damage value was around 73k, I think. I had Perfectly Unbreakable on my chest (which saved me numerous times) and Vigilance on my backpack. The FAMAS had On Empty which isn't great, but I wanted to roll an attribute instead. I know I was hitting around 200k per crit headshot and had around 830k armor (only my chest had a core armor roll and everything else was +weapon damage).

The loot I got was terrible and I didn't keep anything. Didn't even get a max attribute roll. I'm not sure if there's a difference between setting the global difficulty to Heroic and doing the CP (which shows as CP4) or leaving the global difficulty on Normal and leveling up the CP as before. There was a Reddit post extolling the wonders of CP4 farming and showed off a bunch of loot with max rolls and I think he leveled his up the old way.

I'm game to try jumping in the DZ soon. The friends I grouped with said they were in there and had a lot of success. Seems the loot is good and not many Rogues right now. I could try to get the four of us going if no other goons want in first.

My numbers are about the same as yours. I wish I had a Zero F's. I got one at level 36 and it came in handy for sure. I've got obliterate on the chest and composure on the backpack. Gun is police M4 with strained or optimist. I kept crafting until I got one with a useful talent.

I'm definitely down for some DZ tonight. Gotta get bigger numbers.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Do guns only roll with one trait now?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

My numbers are about the same as yours. I wish I had a Zero F's. I got one at level 36 and it came in handy for sure. I've got obliterate on the chest and composure on the backpack. Gun is police M4 with strained or optimist. I kept crafting until I got one with a useful talent.

I'm definitely down for some DZ tonight. Gotta get bigger numbers.

My Zero F's isn't level 40, but it's so useful that I don't want to give it up. I have a couple ideas for builds I want to try so I'll replace it eventually though. I need to check out some of the other guns because I think they balanced the damage since they don't roll a range anymore. Not sure what to pick for a talent though.

Capn Beeb posted:

One talent, but they also come with a bonus attribute now besides the +weapon damage and weapon-specific bonus (e.g. health damage, out of cover damage, etc ). This attribute can be something like reload speed, mag capacity, rate of fire, or another passive. Holstered talents are gone and so are the fixed passive talents (Allegro, Extra, etc. replaced by the aforementioned).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ah yes a single build should be able to face drag 3 undergeared shitheads through challenging content, I said, good game-designerishly on the second day the thing was out

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I've pretty much scoured Two Bridges area for SHD caches but haven't found any.

Yet my projects are stating that i have found 00/05.

I don't think I found any when I was in someone elses instance, but I guess its possible and it somehow screwed things up? Don't know.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

High end guns have 4 things, besides the talent. They have base damage (Is that static now? If it is they have 3 things.), bonus specific weapon damage attribute, bonus damage attribute (this can be armor damage, health damage, crit chance, etc), and a passive passive bonus (which can be things like rate of fire, magazine size, swap speed, etc).

Lower quality guns have fewer attributes.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So, anyone gently caress with the new skills yet? Decoy sounds fun but I'm worried it'll disappoint in the field.

Any new metas, or just popular build concepts, pop up yet?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You should try some out i mean really the game's pretty fun either way.

Did anyone catch Diablo style hardcore mode in the menu? My first stepford wife lived six hours and twenty nine minutes and bought it at fallen cranes like a goober hahaha

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Any other PC players getting weird hitching after the latest patch? It seems like it's network related, my game will hang for a second or two and then everything catches up. It's gotten me killed like twice, one of which was in the third phase of a boss fight. I was not thrilled about that one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I grabbed them from a reddit post and apparently he update/redid them:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s everyone’s take on PvP in Div2 these days? Is the only pvp inside the dz?

I know pvp has been fiddled with in Div2, but as I recall pvp was pretty good in Div1 Survival (the dedicated pvp mode sucked, DZ was just ok).

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Any other PC players getting weird hitching after the latest patch? It seems like it's network related, my game will hang for a second or two and then everything catches up. It's gotten me killed like twice, one of which was in the third phase of a boss fight. I was not thrilled about that one.

I've been getting disconnected a ton the past 2 days, especially today.
I assume their network is getting overloaded from all the old people coming back.

A few times I will trek all the way back to where I was only to get dumped again.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I love the relish with which Benitez informs you that you'll need to align a comms antenna on the roof.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Finished the NYC story, last boss fight was pretty aggravating until I decided to kinda cheese it. So for anyone stuck there too - drop a shock trap and assault turret on him when he jumps down and mow him down asap. It was a massive PITA if he ran off and self heal to full etc. Wasn't a very fun fight which is a shame since the other lieutenant ones were well done. And the final plot twist was so cheesy but I suppose they need another mega bad guy to take over Keener etc. I'll kinda miss the crazy sob though, his VA did a good job selling the whole charming psychopathic routine.

Overall, well worth the $30 I spent, NYC may be a smaller map but is so gorgeous and dense with secrets for explorers like me. Definitely looking forward to Seasons when it starts but hopefully the bigger bugs will be ironed out by then.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I am self admittedly really terrible at first person shooters, even though I enjoy them if they aren't brutally difficult, but holy poo poo these bosses are bullet spongey as hell when I'm leveling. I've had bounties on 'normal' wipe the floor with me, and the boss fights in the story are just agonizing for me to get through.

Just finished Conely and her sticky bomb is some bullshit. No matter how good of cover I'm in, or if I'm unloading an LMG right into her head, that fucker just teleports directly to me. I got through it and won the fight, but holy hell was that frustrating as I probably dumped 800+ rounds into her between my LMG and AR. The best part was when I finally thought I had it won, had her down to a sliver of health, she stick-bombs me so I do my double dodge roll out and when I pop back up she's at full health and full shields... wtf..

Oh well, still having fun and have finished 2 of the area story bosses now and hit level 36 as I plod my way through. Now to go liberate 2 bridges after I get some dinner!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Interesting. Captured a +3 CP, killed the reinforcements, then had to kill a couple unnamed Rogue Agents before the Supply Room was unlocked. They used Oxidizer and Sniper Turret and were otherwise like Elite NPCs. One dropped a Glory Daze.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: the final mission so far is knocking it out of the park with answering questions 5 seconds after they pop in my head.

"Wait a second we just dealt with Cleaners and Rikers who would Keener have defending him he's mainly a solo dude... oh cool Black Tusk out of nowhere"

"Wait if Black Tusk is here are they going to do the stupid thing of taking raid.....and there's a Razorback. gently caress"

EDIT: Oh what the gently caress of an ending is this you fuckers

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 5, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
For people leveling up through NYC, because the gear is only 10 levels deep and the progression is still very strong, make sure you are up to date. It matters a lot. I had a 33 gun (while I was level 35) that was doing okay-ish and I upgrade to a gold 35 and it was night and day how fast I was removing reds all of a sudden. Upgrade my armor and I'm staying intact more, etc.

because that leveling process is so compressed, it pays to keep an eye on your loot. Pick up level-appropriate stuff at Haven if you gotta.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah the vendors actually have some decent items. I can keep using an appropriately levelled Zero F's from the clan vendor, and the vendor items will update in rarity faster than the world drops and crafting table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Since no SHD caches in Two Bridges were showing up on my map I decided to find a guide.
Found them easy enough. But still no indications on my map, though other areas show up fine like they always did.