Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
You guys have sold me on Pure in the comparisons to SSX and San Fransico Rush. But it appears that it's disc only, not on the Xbox Marketplace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Disney delisted it for some reason (probably the soundtrack). You'll have to track down a disck copy.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
While searching eBay for a physical copy of Pure, I also found out that they still make double-pack games. I thought Sega GT/JSRF on the OG Xbox was the only one.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

ErrEff posted:

Disney delisted it for some reason (probably the soundtrack). You'll have to track down a disck copy.

Damnit. I'll do it but it'll probably cost me to get it to Japan. Still probably relatively cheap...

edit: this is a long shot but does anyone know if the JPN version is compatible with an NTSC Xbox? PlayAsia doesn't know. It's dirt cheap on Amazon.jp

BisterdDave posted:

While searching eBay for a physical copy of Pure, I also found out that they still make double-pack games. I thought Sega GT/JSRF on the OG Xbox was the only one.

Lego Batman and Pure double-pack? Wtf...

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 1, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

According to this list (Google Docs), Pure is region free. I don't take any responsibility for the list being accurate; it was compiled by the TrueAchievements community.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fly Ricky posted:

Damnit. I'll do it but it'll probably cost me to get it to Japan. Still probably relatively cheap...

edit: this is a long shot but does anyone know if the JPN version is compatible with an NTSC Xbox? PlayAsia doesn't know. It's dirt cheap on Amazon.jp

Lego Batman and Pure double-pack? Wtf...

I don't know if they are different regions, but Japan uses NTSC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Xbox 360 uses region codes (NA, EU and ASIA) but a decent amount of games are region-free or cover 2/3 regions. I think this only applies to actual 360 hardware, though; on XB1 I think it doesn’t care about region coding for any of the BC titles.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah I just used the coding PlayAsia uses to indicate region compatibility.

ErrEff posted:

According to this list (Google Docs), Pure is region free. I don't take any responsibility for the list being accurate; it was compiled by the TrueAchievements community.

I'm inclined to believe it because the North American version of the double-pack is region free.

univbee posted:

Xbox 360 uses region codes (NA, EU and ASIA) but a decent amount of games are region-free or cover 2/3 regions. I think this only applies to actual 360 hardware, though; on XB1 I think it doesn’t care about region coding for any of the BC titles.

This is interesting and I hadn't heard that. I'll pick up a dirt cheap JPN title that's region locked for 360 and try it.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Onrush is similar and it's pretty fun. Good for a gamepass game not worth full price though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I feel like I have already found the answer, but is there any cheap voice assistant device to enable xbox voice commands that also doesnt give Amazon/Google a microphone in your house?

I still have a Kinect and I can buy the adapter for Xbox one X on ebay for $30AUD, which seems like a better way to do it than an $89AUD Google home/nest Mini or Echo dot.

Im pretty ingrained in Apple/iOS ecosystem but lol at $480 for a homepod. Doesnt look like my AppleTV can do it either.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I’m out here playing a PC Port of an Xbox One port of an Xbox 360 remake/port of a PC port of an original Xbox game. It still has the broken shaders from the first PC port.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

. It still has the broken shaders from the first PC port.

The eternal legacy of Randy Pitchford

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
It’s pretty funny how many different ways they were able to gently caress up the easy slam dunk of “all the old halo games again,” both when thy put it on the bone and then again any time they added stuff to it and then also when they put it on pc.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stan Taylor posted:

It’s pretty funny how many different ways they were able to gently caress up the easy slam dunk of “all the old halo games again,” both when thy put it on the bone and then again any time they added stuff to it and then also when they put it on pc.

They've been trying to fix the MCC for like four years, it's insane

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They've been trying to fix the MCC for like four years, it's insane

Hasn't it been fixed though? I got an Xbone in 2018 and been playing the MCC since, and I have yet to experience any issues.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BisterdDave posted:

Hasn't it been fixed though? I got an Xbone in 2018 and been playing the MCC since, and I have yet to experience any issues.

As far as I know Reach still has the muffled sound issues. Been waiting for that to get fixed before I play it again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Stan Taylor posted:

343 is performance art

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Audio issues are still there.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Audio issues are still there.

Ahh, I'm a scrub who only ever uses tv speakers.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Stan Taylor posted:

Remastering the games individually was a slam dunk (e.g. the first two games) but trying to put all the games in one package as MCC and make it work? That isn't an easy slam dunk, that's insanity. If it was just singleplayer and they only had to do the campaigns and the menu was a simple choice of four, they'd have an easier time, but that entire project was a ridiculous proposal. I can see why they went for it because if they could pull it off it's incredibly appealing, but they really should not have tried and instead focused on each game individually given all the issues around multiplayer and different ports from different hardware etc. that was bound to cause so many problems.

After the Halo 2 remake they should have focused on a Halo 3 remake as its own individual thing and then done Halo 4 afterwards (I'm one of those weirdos who actually liked Halo 4) and just let people get whatever game/games they want and they're all self-contained things. Would make the PC ports a lot easier too without everything being tangled-up under the MCC umbrella.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Halo 3 anniversary edition in 4k60 would be pretty fuckin sweet imo, hopefully they do that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

They could have made way more money by releasing the remasters individually.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And then released MCC on the next gen as well.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Trying to consolidate matchmaking for all the games and having them crossover in playlists and poo poo 100% sounds like a bonkers idea that someone just absent-mindedly mentioned in a meeting with some suit present and then haunted them throughout development because the suit guy would not let it go as a feature that had to be in the game.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Trying to consolidate matchmaking for all the games and having them crossover in playlists and poo poo 100% sounds like a bonkers idea that someone just absent-mindedly mentioned in a meeting with some suit present and then haunted them throughout development because the suit guy would not let it go as a feature that had to be in the game.

The first logical reason for combined multi playlists was to prevent siloing reducing player count.

the very close second is that 343 knew that Halo 1-3 were greatly preferred among the community and didnt want to face facts that reach/4 were dogshit (relative to Halo gameplay)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Even if it worked out correctly I can't imagine many people enjoying being forced to play the games they don't want to play. It was controversial enough when Halo started forcing people to play modes/maps they didn't really want to via playlists (even though I think that's borne out to be the right move).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Reach was great it just didn't get enough love in the MP map design department, which is a fatal blow.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Laserface posted:

The first logical reason for combined multi playlists was to prevent siloing reducing player count.

the very close second is that 343 knew that Halo 1-3 were greatly preferred among the community and didnt want to face facts that reach/4 were dogshit (relative to Halo gameplay)

I thought Reach had the best local multiplayer of the first four games, right?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I thought Reach had the best local multiplayer of the first four games, right?

Reach is not as good as halo 3 for multiplayer, no. Campaign is Reach's strong point.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Laserface posted:

Reach is not as good as halo 3 for multiplayer, no. Campaign is Reach's strong point.

Very wrong, reach mp owned

Anyways, The new halo PC is miles better than that old halo ce port. I’m enjoying it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
One of my favorite things about MCC is being able to switch between the original and remastered graphics on 1 and 2 on the fly. I really wish more remasters did this. The recent Double Fine remasters had some great options to allow for this, but I can't really think of any others.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

One of my favorite things about MCC is being able to switch between the original and remastered graphics on 1 and 2 on the fly. I really wish more remasters did this. The recent Double Fine remasters had some great options to allow for this, but I can't really think of any others.

It’s not generally done beacuse it’s enormously resource intensive and limiting for a feature >99% of people will at best use once, go “oh, that’s neat” and then never use again.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

univbee posted:

It’s not generally done beacuse it’s enormously resource intensive and limiting for a feature >99% of people will at best use once, go “oh, that’s neat” and then never use again.

Guess that's why 343 threw in the achievements for playing through both campaigns in both original and remastered graphics modes. "For all you achievement hunters out there, we will make you appreciate our hard work." Speaking of which, I still need to get those achievements...

I remember watching a playthrough of one of the CoD campaigns, and the commenter mentioned as he was passing through a non-combat zone how the designers spent so much time creating that space, and yet 99% of players will just rush through not paying attention to all the detail.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Lol I'm missing one level in Halo 2 played with both graphics and I can't remember which one. The game doesn't have a counter or anything guess I have to replay the whole game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Stan Taylor posted:

God drat it, they never fixed that? God that first PC port was bad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Speaking of which, I still need to get those achievements...

no you dont

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Laserface posted:

no you dont

I mean, what else am I supposed to do? Be one of those sickos who plays games for fun?!?!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What would the Star Citizen achievements be?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Unachievable, just like a 1.0 release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

They're shared, there's a whole meter on their page