Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

You have the exact same amount of numbers to disprove it. Maybe I’ve just had worse luck than you?

Rack em'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

how about if you quit a match the game just uninstalls itself? You can always reinstall it (after you download 120+gb lmao)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr. Clark2 posted:

how about if you quit a match the game just uninstalls itself? You can always reinstall it (after you download 120+gb lmao)

256gb usb keys and drives aren't exactly expensive. just swap them every time you quit and reinstall on the empty one

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Mister Facetious posted:

256gb usb keys and drives aren't exactly expensive. just swap them every time you quit and reinstall on the empty one

:trumppop:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Reminder that games run faster off the usb 3 ports than the internal sata bus on non pro consoles because they use an older standard.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mister Facetious posted:

What if I don't have Slight of Hand unlocked for my PS4 yet

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Backing up my drive and gonna install ssd tonight in my pro. Hope it reduces some pop-in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You are missing the forest for the trees here, man. I wish I had just said "a lot" of players quit in this game, which was the actual point of what I said, instead of taking a guesstimate at how many players it actually was, based off my own experience. I wasn't expecting to have to argue with Rain Man over it.

I don't know whether or not my no XP for quitters idea is good. I can't think of anything better. But I do think it's dumb to make a game that revolves around some sort of communal effort and then disincentivizing things like finishing rounds, or playing the objective, by doing things like rewarding quitters and focusing too much on kills in objective based modes etc. If they are going to make game modes with rules, maybe it would be good for IW to consider some ideas to get people to play within those rules, so said modes are actually interesting to play more often than not. It also doesn't help that the game is a skinner box and people are mostly concerned with unlocking more poo poo they will look at once and never think about again.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
lmao if you don't quit even when there is a penalty.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Disposable Scud posted:

lmao if you don't quit even when there is a penalty.

This. I live alone and have like zero obligations so I will usually finish the game I am in before I stop playing but gently caress hanging around in a game where you are getting absolutely stomped by turbo-nerds or if you have to go and do something.

Do agree that objective game modes should be scorestreak rather than kill streak from a gameplay perspective but punishing players for quitting is dumb, especially in social lobbies.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Is the tomogunchie worth it?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Skyarb posted:

Is the tomogunchie worth it?

Ask that question again, but to yourself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I wanna like Ground War but everyone sees me before I see them then when I do see them they have perfect aim forever and I don't so what I'm saying is I hate how many of these operator missions require ground war.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ssd was worth it. Locked smooth 60 with zero texture pop in on the Pro.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Shima Honnou posted:

I wanna like Ground War but everyone sees me before I see them then when I do see them they have perfect aim forever and I don't so what I'm saying is I hate how many of these operator missions require ground war.

Been a while since I played but if you're trying to play medium-long run a thermal; hell maybe run a thermal anyway with a run and gun hipfire build.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

Sniper rifle with Merc Thermal, launcher, point man, cold blooded, spotter, claymore and smoke. Ammo Box. Set up shop somewhere and shoot down everything.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Shima Honnou posted:

Unless you're needing to do specific challenges like snipers or longshots, most of the GW maps have areas you can just patrol like a regular map. The B/C side buildings on karst, C or D on port, D on tavorsk, B/C on boneyard, B or C on aniyah, etc. As a bonus keeping the mid points capped is a huge help to your team. I play exclusively GW and it's pretty rare that I engage at long ranges (except on loving krovnik). The enemies will come to you.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's funny to me that I can out snipe some snipers because my pkm has no bullet drop

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

so i just tuned back into this game after a few busy days and this 1v1 w coms is delish

lemme tell you how many different builds i have dedicated to OHK in a variety of annoying fashions lmfao

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Apparently they stealth buffed the Uzi with .41AE rounds and it's a 3 poo poo kill out to almost 30m.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

JaySB posted:

Apparently they stealth buffed the Uzi with .41AE rounds and it's a 3 poo poo kill out to almost 30m.

I was wondering why some guy was destroying me with it from super far away earlier today.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

JaySB posted:

Shhh, keep it quiet, I've been using it all day and it's loving absurd :allears:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
does it still sound like a nail gun with those rounds?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

My wish of making the guns not suck is actually coming true and that is flabbergasting

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
is there specific mods that are always better to have then others? I don't know how much i should trust the "bars" that show the impact of a mod - for example, barrel and scopes seem to have way more of an impact than say, grips, but I don't know how much to trust these bars - FMJ seems to have a boost to damage, but I would assume that is situational for material penetration.

I know there are some mods like the final suppressor (forget the name) that basically has no range penalty, which is good - are there other "no penalty" mods that I should always be thinking of? Finally, that last tier of mods - which kinda seem like the dumping ground for old perks - is there anything in there that is really good, or nothing that's worth more than suppressor / barrel / ammo / grip / heel improvements?

I run mostly the M4, but increasingly the MP5, if that makes a difference.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

wintrrmute posted:

I don't know how much i should trust the "bars" that show the impact of a mod

1. You shouldn't at all

Here is all the info you could ever want on guns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH0r2TyArxI

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The ranges, headshot values, and recoil in that video are all out of date

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just experiment and figure out what you’re good with and how you like to play. The weapon stats change a lot and the bars are lies. Embrace the chaos and click some heads.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sort of wish there were number values instead of bars but most of the cod community would probably not be able to process numbers

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

The ranges, headshot values, and recoil in that video are all out of date

yeah, it's even better now that everything else was nerfed :getin:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

wintrrmute posted:

is there specific mods that are always better to have then others? I don't know how much i should trust the "bars" that show the impact of a mod - for example, barrel and scopes seem to have way more of an impact than say, grips, but I don't know how much to trust these bars - FMJ seems to have a boost to damage, but I would assume that is situational for material penetration.

I know there are some mods like the final suppressor (forget the name) that basically has no range penalty, which is good - are there other "no penalty" mods that I should always be thinking of? Finally, that last tier of mods - which kinda seem like the dumping ground for old perks - is there anything in there that is really good, or nothing that's worth more than suppressor / barrel / ammo / grip / heel improvements?

I run mostly the M4, but increasingly the MP5, if that makes a difference.

FMJ only increases damage values against killstreaks. Against players it is just changing the value of damage reduction from the material, it will never do more than base damage. Best used with an LMG so you can down UAVs in a couple bullets and take down VTOLs in less than 100 rounds.

The only weapon perks worth using are weapon dependent. If a weapon has a crappy ammo count, I'll run fully loaded if there isn't a secondary you can equip to increase the ammo pool, and scavenger isn't worth using over other tier 1 perks. Sleight of hand can be a good choice if the weapon has a small magazine and/or long reload. Presence of mind on scoped guns basically gives you unlimited breath holding. I don't touch any of the others.

There are some attachments I will run on almost every weapon:
-Monolithic suppressor if using ghost as perk 2.
-Exmags on most ARs and SMGs. Almost no penalty for using them and it gives you a huge advantage when you need sustained fire.
-Stippled grip. Not only does it reduce ADS, it also reduces sprintout time.
-CQB stock or no stock depending on other weapon mods used and what the recoil is like. I won't no stock an AK, but absolutely will no stock a grau or kilo 141.

Basically stuff that reduces ADS at the cost of Aiming Stability is always a goto. Even in GW I dont find I ever need aiming stability on automatic weapons.

The rest are just gamemode and weapon dependant for me. I don't usually run long barrels in 6v6, but almost always do in ground war. Sometimes you need a recoil mod or two on stuff like the AK.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've been using the tac suppressor more on guns that have shorter ranges. 7% range increase from monolithic is tiny on most shorter range guns so I'll take the extra ads frames most of the time.

I'm just saying don't sleep on the tac suppressor.

gently caress the lightweight one tho

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I think I should unbind sprint, I would probably never die.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

MF_James posted:

I think I should unbind sprint, I would probably never die.
Pretty sure someone has hacked my game and done this already, but they also replaced it with a "spawn enemy" function

MF_James
May 8, 2008

The game after I posed this I used sprint 2 maybe 3 times, went 54 and 7, the opposite team wasn't completely full of people with 10 thumbs/playing with their feet, so pretty sure sprinting is how I die 9/10 times.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MF_James posted:

I think I should unbind reload, I would probably never die.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Same here, I reload way too often. Even with the huge magazines.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

it shriveled up posted:

Same here, I reload way too often. Even with the huge magazines.

I picked it up from a combination of Halo and BLOPS 1's crazy good Sleight of Hand perk, and the instinct to do it after EVERY. SINGLE. KILL. has been loving me ever since. :shepicide:

It's probably why I've liked LMGs so much since then; less times you have to reload.

The Titan in IW was one of the most perfect weapons ever for me; an LMG with a constantly recharging magazine.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 7, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

sort of wish there were number values instead of bars but most of the cod community would probably not be able to process numbers

well that's bull my clan name is 69420 so you're already wrong

E; i think im going to try and play some TDM and instead of trying to get kills to win im going to try and get as many conc/flash assists as possible and see what that does lol. bbasically find people in combat and mitigate their damage by stopping it

Worf fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
How come most pro's play on core instead of hardcore?

Also, I've found that sliding around corners is much more effective than jumping around them.